Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him (22230 Views)

Plot By PDP To Capture A Shekau And Bribe Him To Confess Against Buhari / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by lion042(m): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
that's their business....i wish i can get there to chop my own money
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
unless he tenders an audio or video evidence, submitting a back dated letter to a house filled with theives wont clear his name.
This goes to show that these guys are taking Nigerians for fool
i mean, how then did you move for his name to be removed?
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by chucky234(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
Both men are guilty and should face the music,they are just tossing us around like dice.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by jamil2(m): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
The dude wasn't a lucky at all grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by nduchucks: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
Excuse me please.

(1)Where is the video ?
(2)Where is the $620,000?
(3)Why was Farouk not re arrested this evening since he did not report back to the police?
(4)Was Farouk correct in stating that he was released without conditions?
(5)pssst, the $620,00 with farouk is un marked and Tambuwal has seized most of it lipsrsealed

I dey looku andi lafuuu.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
Riodiao: See as dem dey use una(nigerians) head dey play kalo kalo. Chai
exactly! U just penciled down my thoughts!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by member479760: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
conceiving the truth, obstruction of justice, bribery, in short the guy need to go!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Danboza(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
jail d bagga 4 life, shameles thief.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Beaf: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
Jarus: Time between collection of bribe(April 13 or so) and report to Police(May 9) too long to be convinced by this. It appears Faruk reported after he got wind that FO had already reported to SSSS earlier.

These documentary evidences don't add up. Plus the manner he accepted the bribe(filling his cap etc), if reports of Thisday were true, makes it look more real than an attempt to expose somebody.

Farouk did not report to the police, rather the police became interested after one of his now famous "saint Farouk" interviews, during which he told the Nation news that he and his committee were basically holy men who were dodging bribes and pressure, left right and centre.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
Silva79: I read this article 2wks ago...One thing i have noticed about dis saga is.....all the infos against lawan are all from THISDAY NEWSPAPER. How come d lyks of punch vanguard d nation and sun doesnt have access to this infos? How come no1 is speaking with d above newspapers except THIS DAY? I dont trust that newspaper one bit!!! Na them go c lawan put money inside cap....lwkmd

may i remind u dat THISDAY NEWSPAPER is owned by no other person than nduka obaigbena. a very good friend of mr president. so maybe you should connect the dot yourself. wink
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by xcabinet: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
Both of them should be lashed, locked up and the keys thrown away
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
My happiness is dat am nt interested in dis dia bribery tragic comedy. Am only interested in d date we nigerians wil choose to chase out dis thieving babylonians outta we town (occupy nigeria style).
But unfortunately dey hv mastered d use of dia chief tools like religious, tribal etc division to keep us apart frm forming a common front against dia insatiable thieving appetite.
I marvel wen people defend dia tribal and religious roque brothers passioniately as if any of 'em has had direct or indirect benefit frm d power drunk thieving barawos. Wen wil d poor man realise dat his problem is nt church or mosque. Yoruba, ibo or hausa, but strictly d oligarchs on perpetual looting bazaar of our common national cake.
Fellow nigerians, tomorrow might b too late for change. Nw is d time to try wat d LYBIANs, SYRIANs etc did to own back dia country.
Let most of d topics here nw be hw to match enmasse and checkmate dis red-eyed corruption-blooded monsters raping and robbing us to shreds. I call on all true nigerians, as nw is d time. Arise O compatriots!!!
8-)

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by deeplow: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
Wrong Medication after death.Farouk is a bloody nincompoop.he's got the brains of a foetus. Instead of him to start prostrating and bribing to the right people so they would treat his case like they did the previous thieves,he is publicly displaying his stoopidity.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by tessyade: 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
After watching farook lawal moved a motion to delist the two companies from the list at the house, i vowed never to belief whatever lies he chose to cook up after that. The man is not intelligent at all.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by mbhs139(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
My happiness is dat am nt interested in dis dia bribery tragic comedy. Am only interested in d date we nigerians wil choose to chase out dis thieving babylonians outta we town (occupy nigeria style).
But unfortunately dey hv mastered d use of dia chief tools like religious, tribal etc division to keep us apart frm forming a common front against dia insatiable thieving appetite.
I marvel wen people defend dia tribal and religious roque brothers passioniately as if any of 'em has had direct or indirect benefit frm d power drunk thieving barawos. Wen wil d poor man realise dat his problem is nt church or mosque. Yoruba, ibo or hausa, but strictly d oligarchs on perpetual looting bazaar of our common national cake.
Fellow nigerians, tomorrow might b too late for change. Nw is d time to try wat d LYBIANs, SYRIANs etc did to own back dia country.
Let most of d topics here nw be hw to match enmasse and checkmate dis red-eyed corruption-blooded monsters raping and robbing us to shreds. I call on all true nigerians, as nw is d time. Arise O compatriots!!!
8-)

Good point there fellow comrade. But I don't think the Libyan or Syrian style will be better. Let us think about a more intelligent and less violent ways of doing what you suggested. I'm 100% behind and above you on this. And I sincerely hope others would reason with you like you said that it is not the church nor the mosque that is our problem in this country ...but the people you have rightly pointed put. Nice one there my brother.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by puffpuff: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2012
This is a simple logic. If you are demanding for something,you go for it,while it comes to you if otherwise. That Faruk could leave his house for Otedola's shows that d request is at instance of our shameless Honourable.If Femi is actually the one initiating this deal,he should have be the one chasing Faruk up and down.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by mbhs139(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
Beaf:

Farouk did not report to the police, rather the police became interested after one of his now famous "saint Farouk" interviews, during which he told the Nation news that he and his committee were basically holy men who were dodging bribes and pressure, left right and centre.

I hope no one takes you up on this. At least for once, you are making sense to them. I like your point ... That's more like it. No offence meant.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by occam(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
Beaf:

Maybe he was indeed under pressure from Otedola and others to strike out their names. who knows. But why was Otedola trying to play Inspector Clouseau? Why not refuse to pay any extortion money and tell them to go ahead and publish the report. I believe he has the deep pocket to fight them in court. Why take part in a sham sting operation? Any smart defence lawyer will ensure the video of that sting operation is never played in court.

Both Otedola & Farouk's are lying. Their stories does not pass the smell test. Both trying to muddle the water and cover up their misdeeds.

Sadly, the report has now become discredited and Nigerians will never know the truth about corruption in the oil subsidy regime. We're back to square one!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by freshmoney(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
The saga continues.... It should come to mind why it was only Thisday that was consistent in airing this scandal, though!
The more Nigerians are becoming more savvy politically, the more these highly-consuming political rogues are becoming more intellectual.
It boils down to this question:

Could it be a coy to divert Nigerians' insistence on the subsidy scandal?
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by baslone: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
It is a battle of the house against Femi. $3m dollars is not small cash. Nobody will take

this much money, code it, try to chop alone without info leaking to one or more fellow house members.

It's obvious Facrook's fellow thieves are in on this deal.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by crackhouse(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
This is one thing this country is known for. I can see they are trying to make the investigations complex and i don't know whether this nigerian daily was paid to publish this rubbish report. Nevertheless, My questions are: 1. Why did farouk stuff some money under his cap if he actually wanted to expose otedola?. 2. Why is it that the house leadership did not say anything abt the letter farouk is claiming he gave to Mr. Speaker since that friday plenary session was basically convened to discuss the issue but instead they hurriedly passed a vote of confidence on Mr. Speaker and dismissed farouk from the two committees he use to chair. 3. Why did they dismiss farouk as the chairman of subsidy probe & house committe on education if they were actually informed abt the bribe evidence farouk is claiming it to be? And not only that, they also pledge their support to the police and promised they will not interfer in farouk's case. Now sb is coming up with useless letters and nonsense reference numbers that was probably written yesterday to confuse the people that are ready to buy. Certainly i don't buy this cos there are so many "WHYs" they can't clearify.

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Ohislee(m): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2012
I dont know why this issue is taking too long to resolve, in my own opinion, the solution to this whole scandal stuff is very simple....
To solve the problem, the appropriate authorities should investigate OTEDOLA alone, with the eyes of the whole world watching, if he actually benefitted from oil subsidy. If he did, he should be arrested and sent to jail or refute all the money he realise from oil subsidy. If he did not, farouk lawal should be sent to jail for blackmail simple . In the movies, the SCANDAL stuff which they cooked up is called a decoy which was created to divert the attention of the masses from the major bomb called the PROBE.
Nigerians,
I would employ us to all be mindfull of the devices of this politicians and businessmen.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Beaf: 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
occam:

Maybe he was indeed under pressure from Otedola and others to strike out their names. who knows. But why was Otedola trying to play Inspector Clouseau? Why not refuse to pay any extortion money and tell them to go ahead and publish the report. I believe he has the deep pocket to fight them in court. Why take part in a sham sting operation? Any smart defence lawyer will ensure the video of that sting operation is never played in court.

Both Otedola & Farouk's are lying. Their stories does not pass the smell test. Both trying to muddle the water and cover up their misdeeds.

Sadly, the report has now become discredited and Nigerians will never know the truth about corruption in the oil subsidy regime. We're back to square one!

I don't see how he could have been under pressure from Otedola whose companies do not import any items covered by the subsidy. His companies import diesel and aviation fuel, not petrol, so why would he put Lawan under pressure. The obvious truth is that Lawan turned his probe into a tool for extortion from those he didn't like or felt he could blackmail.

As for the subsidy report, it is now more worthless than toilet roll. Clearly, all the real criminals would have paid to clear their names from the list, leaving only companies that either refused to pay or could not meet the amounts requested. God knows how many companies would have been listed that like Otedola's, had absolutely nothing to do with the subsidy regime.

My suggestion is for a completely fresh probe, led by independent members of society who have proven themselves over and over to be upright. I'm talking about those like Hajia Najatu Muhammed, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Col. Umar, Keyamo, Agbakoba etc. Perhaps, we can include Gani's son who is showing radical tendencies too.
Anything short of this will fail and we need 100% success rate in liquidating that den of subsidy bastards that is sucking the nation dry.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Beaf: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
crackhouse: This is one thing this country is known for. I can see they are trying to make the investigations complex and i don't know whether this nigerian daily was paid to publish this rubbish report. Nevertheless, My questions are: 1. Why did farouk stuff some money under his cap if he actually wanted to expose otedola?. 2. Why is it that the house leadership did not say anything abt the letter farouk is claiming he gave to Mr. Speaker since that friday plenary session was basically convened to discuss the issue but instead they hurriedly passed a vote of confidence on Mr. Speaker and dismissed farouk from the two committees he use to chair. 3. Why did they dismiss farouk as the chairman of subsidy probe & house committe on education if they were actually informed abt the bribe evidence farouk is claiming it to be? And not only that, they also pledge their support to the police and promised they will not interfer in farouk's case. Now sb is coming up with useless letters and nonsense reference numbers that was probably written yesterday to confuse the people that are ready to buy. Certainly i don't buy this cos there are so many "WHYs" they can't clearify.

Beaf endorses this post. cool
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by naylove(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
bring the matter to the peoples court. i go personally gun down farook lawan if i preside over the case.. \

i wont have the procedural bullcrap in our legal system. the guy was napped red handed ,yet he dey open mouth . the real extent of the rot in our political system is about to be unveiled. you go see how police go support am say them know about the case beforehand.
which kind sting operaton FL sef dey do wey make am stuf dollar for cap. ole barawo
danbanza.

WHY WAS I BANNED EARLIER IN THE DAY. I WAS SO PISSED OFF.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by gbadexy(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
Following the chronological order of even, FL got the final payment on april 23 and his aide got his own bribe money on april 24 and it was after that he started notifying the house and the police on Otedola's attempt to bribe him.
I know before he collected the first payment on april 21, they must have had contact and negotiated price, why didn't he inform all the relevant authorities immediately Otedola initiated contact, why wait till he had collected the full amount of first installment.
I think Farouk lawan planned to collect the money for himself and double cross Otedola,
What is still not clear is why Farouk lawan called for the motion to remove Otedola's company from those indicted after collecting the bribe.
The whole story just doesn't addup.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by crackhouse(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
webdezzi: unless he tenders an audio or video evidence, submitting a back dated letter to a house filled with theives wont clear his name.
This goes to show that these guys are taking Nigerians for fool
i mean, how then did you move for his name to be removed?

Nnaa leave those people abeg. Probably, Farouk's friends have started feeding him on what to do to clear his name but it's too late because all the facts to prove his guilt has been established already.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by easyfunmi: 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
This must be a joke, were are the evidence b4 now?
The game just started
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
An interesting tale. Seems like Farouk was carrying out a 'stingoperation' of his own. Only frm a different 'angle'. And d IG seems 2hav made an 'appearance' here also. Now frm all d reports hav read , don't knw if d general public has seen any of Otedola's Videos(pls any1 provide d links) except like 1 contributor noted ThisDay seems 2hav more insider info dan others.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by crackhouse(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
occam:

if Otedola refuse to play along, his company would be shortlisted for a crime he did not commit{and by that time, there may not be room for investigations} and farouk will not be exposed and Nigerians will not be aware of farouk's criminal tendencies.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Spirit96(m): 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
1 WHY DID FAROUK DENY D ACCEPTANCE OF D BRIBE IN D 1ST PLACE?..............STORY. 2 WHY DIDN'T HE DISLOSE D ACT IMMEDIATELY..........................STORY 3 IGP ASKED HIM 2 BRING D MONEY 4 AN EXHIBIT..............................STORY 4 WHY WAS D ZENON N D OTHER OIL COY DELISTED .................. STORY 5 WHERE DID HE CONCEALED HIMSELF WHEN HE WAS INITIALLY INVITED BY D OPERATIVES 4 INTEROGATN WHILE OTEDOLLAR ONLY ATTENDED? ...............STORY STORY STORY!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Bosuntop: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
Otedola fraudulent business has been aided with bad government policy to favour him and dangote or direct stealing.which business is he doing that he is declaring billions as profit?let otedola come out and declare its assets and allow a foreign firm to audit his account you ll see clearly that they are arm robbers robbing this country.whatever their plan God will expose them.farouk is just an undergraduate in school of stealing dragging with professional arm robbers that will definitely outsmart him.both farouk and otedola should be in jail now...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goa Minister Compares Nigerians To Cancer! / Buhari Begins UK Return Plans / PDP Plans To Obtain A Court Injunction On Monday To Stop Announcement Of Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.