Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe (8216 Views)

Senate Presidency: APC May Conduct Primaries For Lawan, Saraki, Akume / IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video / 200 Lawmakers Sign Up For Lawan’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by fridayiwere: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2012
If actually it was a sting operation-with d video recording,why is the police finding it difficult to prosecute Farouk the son of Lawan? What further evidence do they need again? I guess this one would be like other many cases! After all, what can we(the masses) do?

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by debosky(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2012
Ile-Ife:

I doubt there is a country where the secret service SSS holds a press conference to update the public on an ongoing case. The only logical reason they must have allowed Farouk leave with the money, will be to investigate how widespread the problem is. The marked money should at least lead them to other individuals involved plus $10,000 is said to have been found in his house

This simple logic is what evades many - without saying the above is the case, it is a plausible reason why there has been a delay.

What is more worrying is that the police are 'waiting' for Lawan to contact Jagba - why are they waiting after Lawan said he handed the money over to Jagba? Why are they searching bank accounts before asking Jagba?

Even if the money is not found, since Lawan has (allegedly) admitted to collecting the bribe, is that admission not enough to lock him up and confiscate his property for disposal to get back the cash?

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Afolabs101: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2012
Ile-Ife:

I doubt there is a country where the secret service SSS holds a press conference to update the public on an ongoing case. The only logical reason they must have allowed Farouk leave with the money, will be to investigate how widespread the problem is. The marked money should at least lead them to other individuals involved.

In recent years, the SSS have been quite vocal and have been updating us on their ongoing cases. I'm sure you've heard of Marilyn Ogar? And the State Security Service (SSS) is not a "secret service", they are not a clandestine agency like the CIA or MI6.

Allowing Facrook to leave with the money to see how widespread the problem is does not hold water, because they are saying goodbye to public funds (the $620k) and jeopardizing what would have been a water tight case against him.

It seems to me that the SSS had nothing to do with the "sting operation". If they did give the money to Otedollar in order to catch Facrook, it seems they only did so to out him in public so as to rubbish the subsidy report.
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 11:03am On Jun 19, 2012
Clerverly: I said it on the other tread and you doubted it. I know Nigerian polticians inside out.

This is just bunkum at this point. Contacting Banks to find out where MARKED dollars went, when they could have had it traced from the beginning. Yeah, I am beggining to doubt that part of the many stories I have read on this. Heck, I also doubt the 'sting' ever took place. Probably some James Bond Fantasy of someone in the news writing room or something. lol
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Demdem(m): 11:04am On Jun 19, 2012
Ile-Ife:

I doubt there is a country where the secret service SSS holds a press conference to update the public on an ongoing case. The only logical reason they must have allowed Farouk leave with the money, will be to investigate how widespread the problem is. The marked money should at least lead them to other individuals involved plus $10,000 is said to have been found in his house

and where has it led them to so far. they are now asking banks: "Please have u seen our marked dollars". idiots.
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2012
Ile-Ife:
I doubt there is a country where the secret service SSS holds a press conference to update the public on an ongoing case.

Huh?? Ogbeni!! Nigeria SSS no be every other country's SSS. These one no dey waste time. . . google Nigeria SSS . . . you go see say our own no dey silence at all.

That said, yeah, I hope the SSS does not wade into this.

Ile-Ife:
The only logical reason they must have allowed Farouk leave with the money, will be to investigate how widespread the problem is. The marked money should at least lead them to other individuals involved plus $10,000 is said to have been found in his house

That makes logical sense to even the man at the bottom of the pile. No one doubts that there is that possibility that the police MAY HAVE let him go with the money, and MAY have let it keep it all these 2 months, or more, so as to find out how widespread the problem is, as you claim. That is not in question

What is in question is this . . why is the police LOOKING/SEARCHING for the MARKED BILLS, when it could have been TRACING THE BILLS ALL THIS WHILE. See, Tracing does not have to happen AFTER an arrest. We are made to understand that this investigation started in April. It is towards end of June and our dear Police has no clue where even a dollar of those MARKED/TRACEABLE Bills are. If any of those Bills in any of our banks, all along, the Police should already know which bank(s), and which account(s). However, that does not seem to be the case.

P.S. I don't think the Police said anything about the $10,000 that was found being part of the money they are looking for. The reports I read said the $10,000 found was at Lawan's house(That does not then make it part of the bribery money, or does it? undecided )
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by abdul4hire: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2012
A VERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO; Lawan collects a bribe from otedola as evidence in order to indict the Zenon boss for bribery attempt. This might not have been limited to the ongoing probe but perhaps a much more extensive oil racketeering ring to which otedola belonged to.
Otedola records this and exercises extreme caution just in case sumtin goes wrong. Lawan chooses not to reveal this just yet as the probe was still ongoing but removes zenons name from the probe list as this wont influence the probe nd to futher give otedola assurances of his cooperation while documenting/reporting this to certain members of the house. Doing so in an attempt to further drag otedola deeper.
Somehow Otedola gets wind of his ploy,being in a tight spot nd understanding the devastating effect this would have on his business empire and public image as well. approaches his political associates equipped with the video recording. Understanding the looming ripple effect this will hv on them all, they influenced the sss into distorting the events that actually happened while claiming they had been privy to all that was happening nd that it was actually a sting operation.With otedola easily being able to recollect the serial numbers of the notes as well,they claim they also supplied the notes nd they were marked.

Hence their inability to trace the notes from the onset and their desperation.

AS I SAID POSSIBLE SCENARIO.
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2012
^^ At this point, the story remains spin-able . . . So Spin, baby, Spin!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by onandon: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2012
Hahaha, the joke is on you guys ! Keep commenting...
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2012
The problem on NL is that there are so many 1d1ots who come here and post crap and try to sound like they know a darn thing about leadership, security or government procedures.

The SSS does not need to tell you anything. This is police or EFCC job. They have done the only thing they can do. The police have obtained the videos from them, simple.

They are thinking far more intelligently than most of you 1d1ots posting here. They are creating a bigger case than just catching Lawan. You think you know anything but all you really know is how to post crap on NL. Let them do their job. Journalists are reporting sensational stuff just like they always do. They don't need the cash to establish a case. They need the cash to establish accomplices. The video is all they need to jail Facrook for good. That is overwhelming evidence anyday. If you don't know what to say, just go watch 24 before u come back here and display gross ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by abdul4hire: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2012
or it could be that Otedola is a very innocent citizen that was being exploited by the crook lawan and his accomplices.

ALSO VERY POSSIBLE.

GUESS WE ALL SHOULD RATHER JUST WAIT TILL EVERTHING UNFOLDS ND NOT KILL OURSELVES OVER SUSPENSE. NIGERIAN POLITICS IS VERY COMPLICATED AND ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 11:29am On Jun 19, 2012
abdul4hire: A VERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO; Lawan collects a bribe from otedola as evidence in order to indict the Zenon boss for bribery attempt. This might not have been limited to the ongoing probe but perhaps a much more extensive oil racketeering ring to which otedola belonged to.
Otedola records this and exercises extreme caution just in case sumtin goes wrong. Lawan chooses not to reveal this just yet as the probe was still ongoing but removes zenons name from the probe list as this wont influence the probe nd to futher give otedola assurances of his cooperation while documenting/reporting this to certain members of the house. Doing so in an attempt to further drag otedola deeper.
Somehow Otedola gets wind of his ploy,being in a tight spot nd understanding the devastating effect this would have on his business empire and public image as well. approaches his political associates equipped with the video recording. Understanding the looming ripple effect this will hv on them all, they influenced the sss into distorting the events that actually happened while claiming they had been privy to all that was happening nd that it was actually a sting operation.With otedola easily being able to recollect the serial numbers of the notes as well,they claim they also supplied the notes nd they were marked.

Hence their inability to trace the notes from the onset and their desperation.

AS I SAID POSSIBLE SCENARIO.

A round of applause for this master piece celebration of corruption! You definitely hold a Phd in corruption! Let's drink to this. Bumkum!

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2012
Edistupid enters thread with insults. Things have been peaceful before now.
The same bigger case that was created for elumelu, chairman of OBJ power probe that has made him go back to his seat in the house rendering the report useless. this guy is daft sha
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by abdul4hire: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2012
thing is, if one is recorded receiving bribe.

is this considered as a bribery attempt by otedola or an attempt to collect bribe by lawan??
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Orikinla(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2012
The money is not in any bank.
It is in the custody of the masterminds of this whole drama of the black comedy of "PAPA DECEIVE PIKIN" of the political ruling class of kleptomaniacs in power.
Who is fooling whom?

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Jun 19, 2012
abdul4hire: or it could be that Otedola is a very innocent citizen that was being exploited by the crook lawan and his accomplices.

ALSO VERY POSSIBLE.

GUESS WE ALL SHOULD RATHER JUST WAIT TILL EVERTHING UNFOLDS ND NOT KILL OURSELVES OVER SUSPENSE. NIGERIAN POLITICS IS VERY COMPLICATED AND ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Which kind advice you dey give people wey Gossip dey dem blood? Wait wetin?

They made up their minds on who the guilty party is in all this is, from even before the ink dry. Abeg!! Nigerians must pick sides in this fight ooo, and even though there are so many versions floating around, without ever seeing even one evidence, many already claim to know the truth of what happened. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don carry my popcorn dey siddon wait, make I see which one of these PDP factions go win . . . the PDP lawmaker or the PDP Money Man. grin
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by abdul4hire: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2012
or can one stage a sting operation as an individual in order to get evidence without pre informing relevant authorities nd if caught in the act,will he be able to bail himselve out by merely saying he intended otherwise. Sheer stupidity or grave mistake??
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2012
Demdem: Edistupid enters thread with insults. Things have been peaceful before now.
The same bigger case that was created for elumelu, chairman of OBJ power probe that has made him go back to his seat in the house rendering the report useless. this guy is daft sha
cheesy cheesy cheesy

And another corruption celebrant takes the stage bringing with him tribalism and bigotry and conspiracy theories and propaganda. Demdemidiot! You too much!
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Demdem(m): 11:47am On Jun 19, 2012
edicolove:

And another corruption celebrant takes the stage bringing with him tribalism and bigotry and conspiracy theories and propaganda. Demdemidiot! You too much!

The joke is on u edistupid. av earlier stated that i would love to see farouk in Jail if indeed he is guilty. Edistupid, u are very daft, just like the retardeen ur mentor grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2012
abdul4hire: thing is, if one is recorded receiving bribe.

is this considered as a bribery attempt by otedola or an attempt to collect bribe by lawan??

The one who records and presents the recording is always the accuser or plaintif or complainant, even if the SSS was not involved. The other guy is always the accused. Doesn't even matter if the notes where marked or not. The one who left his house to collect bribe and didn't come as a sting operation and went back to the house to exonorate Otedola and denied he didn't take the money and later agreed he took it, then finally cannot produce the money is definitely a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by pingpong1: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2012
ndu_chucks: I'm afraid that without the physical evidence, the cash, Farouk cannot be convicted of anything. If I were Farouk, I will sit on the money until the sky turns blue. All the mofos are rougues, from the police, sss, efcc, nass, judges, to the executive wing of government.

Its time for the masses or some other force to chase these people out of Abuja.

The court doesn't need to see the physical cash to convict Lawan. The Police are just not up to it. Simple.
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by abdul4hire: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2012
Like a man looking to take evidence of his cheating wife to present in court but it that attempt he was caught but burglary nd trespassing.

Point is so many scenarios or possibilities nd such a low level of transparency within our institutions.its hard to ever get to the truth even at the end. For all you know Pdp might be negotiating a settlement deal with lawan.
As i said anything is possible
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2012
ping pong:

The court doesn't need to see the physical cash to convict Lawan. The Police are just not up to it. Simple.

Why does the court not need physical evidence? undecided undecided
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2012
Demdem:

The joke is on u edistupid. av earlier stated that i would love to see farouk in Jail if indeed he is guilty. Edistupid, u are very daft, just like the retardeen ur mentor grin grin

I love NL for one thing. Posts can't be deleted. We will revisit all your corruption support posts at a later date. This whole saga is really good. It has exposed all of you as fake critics of corruption. You are ACN and CPC covert members just trying to campaign on NL. Worst still, you are a yoruba tribalist. A hypocrite of the highest order!

Just see your shameless celebration of corruption! It is despicable!
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by debosky(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2012
Orikinla: The money is not in any bank.

Aboki dey keep money for bank before? cheesy

Trust the naija police - even if they get the $620,000, the money will get 'missing' inside a police station and you'll still have no case.

$620k is small fry - no be for naija whole ships dey disappear after dem don arrest am? cheesy

With otedola easily being able to recollect the serial numbers of the notes as well,they claim they also supplied the notes nd they were marked.

This is a new angle - Otedola has photographic memory and can recall the serial numbers for $620k. . . . I just hope for his sake that they weren't $1 bills. cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Why does the court not need physical evidence? undecided undecided

Video recording is enough physical evidence. You don't need anything else.

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2012
ping pong:

Why does the court not need physical evidence ? undecided undecided
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Demdem(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2012
abdul4hire: Like a man looking to take evidence of his cheating wife to present in court but it that attempt he was caught but burglary nd trespassing.

Point is so many scenarios or possibilities nd such a low level of transparency within our institutions.its hard to ever get to the truth even at the end. For all you know Pdp might be negotiating a settlement deal with lawan.
As i said anything is possible

only if edistupid will open up his rotten brain and realises this. So far nothing is impossible. Peeps like me are ready to wait and continue to observe what is going on before coming to a logical conclusion unlike edistupid who has already decided who the one and only culprit is. How am i even sure that all these arent even pre-plan poly by the killer party?
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Demdem(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2012
edicolove:

I love NL for one thing. Posts can't be deleted. We will revisit all your corruption support posts at a later date. This whole saga is really good. It has exposed all of you as fake critics of corruption. You are ACN and CPC covert members just trying to campaign on NL. Worst still, you are a yoruba tribalist. A hypocrite of the highest order!

Just see your shameless celebration of corruption! It is despicable!

Edistupid, u are a bastard if u dont expose me now now now now as regards my deceit about my fake corruption critics and the bolded. take this as a challenge iidiot

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by Demdem(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2012
*demdem jittery* about to be exposed by edistupid
Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by edicolove: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
Demdem:

only if edistupid will open up his rotten brain and realises this. So far nothing is impossible. Peeps like me are ready to wait and continue to observe what is going on before coming to a logical conclusion unlike edistupid who has already decided who the one and only culprit is. How am i even sure that all these arent even pre-plan poly by the killer party?

Why don't you see all these your various possibilities when GEJ or Okonjo is involved? Oh, I forgot, you are a BIGOT!!! Gbam!

There are no several scenarios. Otedola has never changed his story as people like Kobojunkie will want to try and portray, cos of their partisan stance! He has beed steady and consistent! Only Facrook has been changing like a cameleon. Otedola's case is still watertight as ever. Those who dream that Facrook will be left of the hook should dream on. You are dealing with Otedola, not some smalley that you can push around. I laugh in #Capbanking

1 Like

Re: Police Contact Banks In Search For Lawan’s $620,000 Bribe by confetti(f): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
I think I agree with Kobo, how possible is it that the SSS gave Lawan marked dollars, allowed him to go with the money but did not plant a tracking devise or atleast spy on him to ascertain the use/lodgement of the dollars?

This is not possible in my reasoning knowing the state of Nigeria and big wig corruption cases that never amount to anything tangible in terms of prosecution, there was no way the SSS would have lost track of this money if at all it was given by the them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

To Save Nigeria: The Revolutionary Coup And The Civil War / APGA Issues Ike Okorafor Certificate Of Return For Arochukwu State Constituency / Nigeria Bank Boss Sanusi Defends Fuel Subsidy Removal - BBC Podcast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.