Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Beware:boko Haram Set To Attack Lagos & Ibadan In The Next Few Days - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware:boko Haram Set To Attack Lagos & Ibadan In The Next Few Days (1616 Views)

Tanker On Fire Along Lagos/Ibadan Expressway / Picture Of A Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident Survivor / Beware: Boko Haram Condom Is In Town. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware:boko Haram Set To Attack Lagos & Ibadan In The Next Few Days by timmy1999(m): 8:17am On Jun 19, 2012
Boko Haram is likely to attack selected targets in  Lagos and Ibadan in the next few days or in the month of July a pan Yoruba group, Apapo Oodua Koya ( AOKOYA)has alleged.

In a statement in Lagos today, signed by its scribe, Mufutau Adedoyin, it said “Boko Haram thinks the best way to get attention is through sustained attacks, but the surest way to dominate national discuss and stir critical opinions is to take the battle to the country’s economic hub, which is Lagos and Ibadan,”

AOKOYA expressed regret that the political leadership of the South West has no concrete plans to curtail the “almost inevitable” suicide bomb attacks that the Islamic group may unleash on the largely urbanized Yoruba region.

It said taking into account the modus operandi of the sect in the last few months,  cities in South West Nigeria must brace for possible attacks.

The group described the bombing of ECWA church in Kaduna as a calculated attack on the Yoruba people, as they are the most notable worshipers in ECWA churches across the country.

Said the statement: “We have intelligence information that Boko Haram will attack the largely vulnerable Yoruba cities on or before the month of July this year. We fear the carnage that will result from violent attacks on Yoruba cities. It is naïve to assume that Boko Haram will spare Lagos, Ibadan, Warri or any of the Yoruba cities. At present, the Yoruba political leadership relies on the Nigerian Police and the State Security Service, (SSS). These groups are too polarized, corrupt, inept, politicized, ill-motivated and hunted by low morale to be able to offer any hope for the Yoruba people.”

Re: Beware:boko Haram Set To Attack Lagos & Ibadan In The Next Few Days by nikkyshyne(f): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2012
Infact, I tire for this boko-haram nonsense. They seems to be getting worse by the day. angry sad
Re: Beware:boko Haram Set To Attack Lagos & Ibadan In The Next Few Days by timmy1999(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2012
nikkyshyne: Infact, I tire for this boko-haram nonsense. They seems to be getting worse by the day. angry sad

My sister he don tired me too...but if they make mistake attack lagos..omo that is the beginning of what we know now as nigeria
Re: Beware:boko Haram Set To Attack Lagos & Ibadan In The Next Few Days by timmy1999(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2012

(1) (Reply)

seun Why Can't I Deactivate My Account? / Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ / What Will You Do If You Came Home & Your Mother Gave Your Kids Tribal Marks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.