Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year (8938 Views)

JAMB To Determine Admissions Cut-off Marks On July 14 / FG To Establish JAMB E-testing Centres In 774 LGAs / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by moderatorr: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2012
hack the site get a 99 percent leave 1 percent for reality's sake!'
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Holadokun(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2012
grin
toluxe0075: We hackers are already working on itgringrin
grin
toluxe0075: We hackers are already working on itgringrin
time for Nigeria hackerz to chop money. . . . . .
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by lilkech(m): 11:56am On Jun 20, 2012
E - wetin ? Exam ?

with which server ? on what network ? Via which mast ? To what sattelite ?

this is utter rubbish
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Dondbuzor: 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
CY09: It is a pity that Nigeria and her so called leaders in all sectors lack administrative skills. We like doing trial and error. It is a known fact that an average Nigerian Adult is not conversant with the computer let alone children. How many Primary and Secondary Schools who have computer studies embedded in thier curriculumn actually teach and carryout comprehansive practicals to supplement what they teach, that is if they even teach at all?
Before embarking on implemantation of any project, proper research and feasibility study should be put in place to ensure the success of the project.
While i agree that this is a step in the right direction (since the world is going digital, the timing is wrong and certain things should/needs to be put in place. For this to be successful, the ministry of education has to mandate all primary and secondary schools to ensure proper computer studies for thier students, this should be allowed to go on for a while before the implementation of anything electronical.

Don't u ve a common sense? Or u must u reply for the typing sake.
Didn't u see where in d article it was stated dat the e-testing is optional.
@topic nice development I must say. Good to know u can write ur exams d same day and get ur result d same day
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by princenat(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
shakomende: The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) recently announced that candidates will answer questions by e-testing in the 2013 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME).

According to Professor Dibu Ojerinde, “e-testing would facilitate quick delivery of results to candidates and reduce anxiety by candidates who had been previously waiting longer for their results by manual testing.”

E-testing will be optional for candidates. It is expected that initially, the cost of JAMB forms might increase to reflect the cost of maintenance of the computers used. However this cost is expected to go down following full implementation of the solution.

It is expected that there will be at least one test center in all 36 states of the federation.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/06/19/jamb-to-begin-e-testing-next-year/

Is the first bold and italicized part the idea? Me thinks they should 've... Certain things should be put in place in the education sector first. Anyways, considering the second bold part, it seems to me unplanned. I see it as IGR boost.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Next2Bezee(m): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
realghy: hope Naija hacker will not corrupt this.

We have hackers?? I think say na Yahoo Yahoo their level reach finish... undecided
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by manny4life(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
shakomende: The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) recently announced that candidates will answer questions by e-testing in the 2013 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME).

According to Professor Dibu Ojerinde, “e-testing would facilitate quick delivery of results to candidates and reduce anxiety by candidates who had been previously waiting longer for their results by manual testing.”

E-testing will be optional for candidates. It is expected that initially, the cost of JAMB forms might increase to reflect the cost of maintenance of the computers used. However this cost is expected to go down following full implementation of the solution.

It is expected that there will be at least one test center in all 36 states of the federation.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/06/19/jamb-to-begin-e-testing-next-year/

No doubt that e-testing will facilitate delivery of results (in seven days or less), but why are they concerned about the output rather than the input.

1. The testing center has to meet different requirement. Also the computers used for this testing, though standard, but have some sought of different configurations. Taking all of this into consideration WILL make this plan VERY EXPENSIVE.

2. A testing center if improperly planned, will consume more than expected. If a testing center has 1,000 computers, those computer consume more electricity at a given period. A standard "Green" computer will consume about 100watts/0.1kw of electricity. That's a 100kw for each hr of 1,000 computers. Give or take, 6hrs testing each day, that's a 600kw daily. The number of testing days has to be accounted for. Meanwhile, after testing then what?

3. They will need the electronic software for writing the questions, for instance those in math, chem and physics, they will need special software to write their formulas. Licensing of each standalone computer doesn't come cheap. Then the network access and security for each testing center VERY EXPENSIVE. The hardware security tie down of each computer isn't cheap either.

4. The required exam proctors who are supposedly computer proficient have to be properly trained. As much as Nigerians have reached a certain amount of literacy, it's supposed that each student testing for the exam is required to have some level of interaction (conversant) with not just computers, but with electronic testing and how it works.

My point in all is that, this is a good idea, BUT VERY EXPENSIVE IDEA. In an economy like Nigeria, IT WILL FAIL ON ARRIVAL.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2012
This Is Interesting!
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by lynxnoon(m): 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
e ko f ni!!
grin grin
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by vickey0011: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2012
Naija wif there paparazi,E-registration is nt okay yet u guys wan start wif E-testing.grow up naija
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by abiki(f): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2012
Na how you go dey write exam, computer go hang.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Oshiite: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
Take care of nepa first and evry other thing will be a walk over otherwise e jamb or woteva wont work
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by donclemo(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
I wonder why people are shouting i took the computer based TOEFL in Nigeria and many other Nigerians took the same exam are they are still taking it so are you trying to tell me those taking such exams are genius. how did they get use to the computer. To take a computer based text all u need to do is read instruction and click the right answer which of course is multiple choice. Thats simple. nobody is telling you to write a code that would take the test
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by GboyegaD(m): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
Two major challenges I have with this idea are: Is every High School student computer savvy enough to take online exams and how does he plan to curb cheating because Nigerians dey cheat for foreign exams let alone this one wey be tiwatiwa?
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by davida222(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
I jvst dnt knw i jvst hate dat country calld Nigeria. Which cntry calls her self NIGERIA Disgusting.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by nanoken: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Revolva(m): 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
Ohhh that good news but at the sametime baaad taste student will experience

See to launch e exam is not easy to manage ooo hahaa well even their e registration dey mess up now its e exam

If I may ask where are the e exam ict centers they gonna use

Are they gonna build an ultramodern center for it !

If they rent ict centres from ict agencies I don't think let alone student in lagos will be comfortable writing the exam
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Walexz02(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
cry i hop ds will work sha.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Weselion1(m): 4:09am On Jun 21, 2012
Funkymallam:

What are u on about?
What is so difficult in using a mouse to click an option? Is that rocket science too?

@Op. This is a very good development and a way to go.
you are being self-ish. You should know that in a country like Nigeria the average man sees computer as a luxury and not an essential commodity,how do you espect this man's child to pass in jamb? WHAT IF DURING THE EXAM NEPA TAKES LIGHT? taa biko shi eba puo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ado-ekiti & Owo Poly Information / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2017/2018 Direct Entry Admission / LASG Insists On Reviewed Boarding Fees For Model Colleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.