Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 (1257 Views)

My Nissan Primera Is Also Up For Sale / Nissan Maxima 2001 Model For Sale 400k / A Nigerian Used Nissan Maxima 2001 White Color For Sale: 750k.asking Price: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by maxilolala: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2007
Hi,

I just bought a Nissan Maxima. It's really a beautiful car but it's a complex car and I've been warned to make sure I get a mechanic that knows his left from right as regards that kind of car. Does anyone use the car here? Any advice of mechanic to use (I would appreciate a phone number if possible). I live in Gbagada.

Thanks.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2007
How much are you willing to spend in maintenance?
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by maxilolala: 1:30am On Nov 28, 2007
I do not understand your question. Do you have a good mechanic that I can talk to? I just bought bthe car and you are asking me how much I am willing to spend to maintain it? Hello, I just bought the car and that would imply that I do not have a good idea of the maintenance cost but that is not my first car so I am not a complete novice when it comes to cars. Still waiting for useful information.
Thanks.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 3:16am On Nov 28, 2007
The person I am going to refer you to is quite expensive but he's thorough.  He is slightly arrogant (excessive words/min) 'cause of his status as an automotive engineer and not a mechanic.  His service is guaranteed and if its a jollopy, he would tell you up front that he won't touch your car.  If you need it, let me know and I'll give you his name and number.  I know he currently services a staff's sports BMW that was bought new in '99.  It's still up and running to date in Lagos.  IM me on Yahoo! and let me know if you are interested.  I have gotten his name and number
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by maxilolala: 8:00am On Nov 28, 2007
Oh thanks. I would want to have his number and name please. If he is an engineer then I would expect him to be expensive.
Thanks a lot.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by sultaan(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
This is really easy, if there is no ongoing issue with the car, just change oil and filter every5k-7k miles.Put good fuel in it(not diesel laced roadside fuel);change coolant every 3 years and keep tire properly inflated.

Thse points are to keep your var running, to do scheduled maintenance/ minor fixes, get a Chilton repair manual, and an OBD II scaner($50+) it might come in hand for your mechanic.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Maxi

Give me your eMail and I would have his name and number to your inbox in no time.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2007
Sultaan,

Not everyone can use a tool and a repair book. [Deleted]
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by sultaan(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
Here you go again with your big technical grammar, the man go dey shake now for him pant thinking mogbeooo! grin

Ok Oga park the car start saving for maintenance cost when you get N.5m start driving,or drive that thing like its meant to be driven.
Just change oil regularly and you won't need the contact for a while.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
Naa, Sultaan! It isn't like that. I think I see your point also but I don't recommend self-servicing.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by waoosa(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hi. I have same type of maxima. Good car. Unfortunately my mechanic is based in warri Good guy.name-Kasim on 08032600464. u can call him for advise.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by PAPABOMBOY: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2007
Oga Ivvie,
your grammer no get to be continued I swear. Abeg, make you suffry suffry my oga, which one you talk say moto nah mecha gini? I don lost since yesterday. 

Obodo oyinbo wey you dey, take enter school dey begin dey scatter grammer beyond scatterable you don forget sey hunger dey tear awa belle 4 naija?

The bobo ask question because im wan fix am for cheap.

My Oga, for Ajangbadi wey man dey, I go tell you sey almost all the mechanic for area nah drop-out like me. Nah condition make Sikira get belle, make Kalu enter Gabon begin answer head of state. But 9 out out 10, them no really go school unlike you.  Although them sabi work but by trial by error.

Oga give us this terminal program make we know wetin mechanic go fix abeg.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 1:32am On Nov 29, 2007
@Papampy

I apologise if I made any form of misunderstanding. I'll trim the post.

Peace
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by sultaan(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
I don't know if you have the regular halogen lamp, but if you have the HID donot break it, or let it get stolen very expensive$800+each and easy to steal.

Its up to the owner to catch up with the technology/safety in your new car, and you can get information online, or in the repair manual I recommended. If the country's maintenence system is is stuck on a 1995 504 level, you either go back for the convenience of service or you stick to todays' luxury/technology
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2007
They aren't that expensive. Bulbs and ballast aren't expensive.  It's only expensive when you have the adaptive headlight system that inclinates as you steer.
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by sultaan(m): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
Its now cheaper, but when the Xenon first came out on the Maximas, replacement was around $2500 at dealerships and there was a lawsuit to hold Nissan responsible

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2004/september/1/39.htm
Re: I Need A Mechanic For My Nissan Maxima 2001 by Ivvie: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
I remembered the class action lawsuit.  It went across all Nissan's.  There was another that involved the rotors on the G35 ('04 and '05).

@Maxi

If you are still interested, let me know. I have gotten in touch with him and he gave me three numbers.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

2001 Honda Civic Ex Just Arrived Nigeria To Go 900k / 2007 Honda Civic For Sale: Registered: 1.650m... / 1996 Toyota Landcrusier(4wd Drive Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.