Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? (749 Views)

Help With Updating Webpage / "Blogging"-how Did Bloggers Cope With Nigeria Electricity In Updating Their Site / Admin/moderator Needed At [b]naijazoom.com[/b] For Updating The Site Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2012
I've nevere experienced this problem before. I even had to delete the entire content but it still sits pretty on the browser. Here's what I've done:

I restarted my system but it did not work.

I cleared the cache in all my browsers but it's still adamant.

Has anyone experienced this peroblem before?
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by yawatide(f): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
I haven't.

Have you checked the permissions of your files? I also, on a project last year, I would upload a particular file many times but nothing would happen. After hours of troubleshooting, I discovered the problem: I had originally put the file in one folder, but since i was including it in many places, I moved it to an includes folder but was still uploading modifications to the first location angry

If none of the above applies, you may need to contact your web host. Good luck!
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Afam4eva(m): 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
The website in question is on my localhost.

I'll try all the possible sulutions you profered
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by DualCore1: 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
I don't know how applicable this may be to your case but a common scenario where this can happen is where you pull a script from its location on the internet and load it on your localserver (localhost). The script's config may still have its "path" variable pointing to the online path and the database config may still be pointing to the online database where the hostname of the database is given as the IP address to the database server.

If this is similar to your case then make sure all references to paths and DBs are pointing to your local server.

If those suggestions don't work, your village people don finally locate you.
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Afam4eva(m): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Dual Core: I don't know how applicable this may be to your case but a common scenario where this can happen is where you pull a script from its location on the internet and load it on your localserver (localhost). The script's config may still have its "path" variable pointing to the online path and the database config may still be pointing to the online database where the hostname of the database is given as the IP address to the database server.

If this is similar to your case then make sure all references to paths and DBs are pointing to your local server.

If those suggestions don't work, your village people don finally locate you.
Lmao

These things happen at times. Have you ever experienced a situation whereby you get coding errors on your browser but woould swear to amadioha that there's nothing wrong with you're code? It can be frustrating.
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Afam4eva(m): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Dualcore
I don't think it has anything to do with the path because I even changed my CSS styling and even deleted the content but it did not update.
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by DualCore1: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
Call your village people and tell them you are ready to marry that papa Ngozi's daughter that they said you must marry. Really, we shouldn't screw with our village people, they always catch up with us somehow tongue
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by yawatide(f): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^^ ROFLMAO! LWKMD!!
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by instinctg(m): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
carry d computer knack for ground.

but on a serious note, trying the most stupid things could solve it.

1. disable javascript

2. uninstall your browser preferably firefox and install another version and lets see

3. reconfirm d url well well

if symptoms persists kindly visit synagogue for spiritual cleansing grin
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
Santa Maria! This one na jazz o!! Them don get you o!!!!!
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2012
I have fixed the problem. It ended up being a "path" issue. I didn't know that apart from the setting pahe, there was a column in the database that had a different path from the location of the site. So, i was busy updating another website.

So, it's obvious it's not from the village. Please, let's give village people a break. We can't keep blaming them for all our mistakes.
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2012
^^^Kai! i think say them don get you be that o! Sorry about that o jare.
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by DualCore1: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Call them back and tell them you are not marrying the babe again. Make a backup of your site before making the call and continue refreshing your site for some hours after the call.
Re: My Website Aint Updating. What Could Be Wrong? by yawatide(f): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
In announcing a fix to the problem, OP said:
I have fixed the problem. It ended up being a "path" issue. I didn't know that apart from the setting pahe, there was a column in the database that had a different path from the location of the site. So, i was busy updating another website.

In offering a possible solution, one of the things I said:
I also, on a project last year, I would upload a particular file many times but nothing would happen. After hours of troubleshooting, I discovered the problem: I had originally put the file in one folder, but since i was including it in many places, I moved it to an includes folder but was still uploading modifications to the first location angry

Iiiiinteresting grin

(1) (Reply)

Free Web Design Training In Ota / Add Mashable Social Widget To Wordpress Without Plugin / How Do I Become An SMS Wholesaler NOT A Reseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.