Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins (18388 Views)

Private Jet Parking For Vip's Who Flew In To Watch The Mayweather-pacquiao Fight / Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Airspace & Delayed Landing For 30 Mins / Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
hey oga falana should take it easy..is dat how he complains when police delay him on the highways due to stop n search? my friend.. make i hear word...ok..i was d VIP..so what?
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by jude33084(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Since we are calling spades by there real name now, let me also take this opportuinity to call you by yours; An I'mbecile..

grin pls check yourself Very well before calling another person an imbey cheesy
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by jude33084(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
soe: hey oga falana should take it easy..is dat how he complains when police delay him on the highways due to stop n search? my friend.. make i hear word...ok..i was d VIP..so what?

You are under arrest! angry
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by jude33084(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
jason123:

...Illiteracy and ignorance...

You go school? This is not about GEJ but if a "VIP" wants to land, it means I will not land, even after paying for my flight?! Do you even know your rights as a human being?!

I beg helep me ask the presido adc angry
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by PeterKbaba: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
[b]DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE BOKO HARAM LEADERhuhhuhhuhhuhhuhhuh?/

A DEAD PRESIDENT (YARADUA) WAS IN A PLANE, THE AIRPORT & AIRSPACE WAS CLOSED, WITHOUT ANY AUTHORITY FROM THE ACTING PRESIDENT JONATHAN, WHO WAS INCHARGE OF THE COUNTRY. JONATHAN LOST CONTACT WITH HIS PRESIDENT FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF THE COUNTRY FOR THIS 6 MONTHS, WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF THE MILITARY ( THAT GAVE THE ORDER THAT THE AIRPORT AND AIRSPACE MOST BE CLOSED, WHO GAVE PHCN THE ORDER TO PUT OFF ALL THE LIGHT, SO NO ONE CAN SUSPECT THE ARRIVAL OF THE DEAD PRESIDENT, INCLUDING JONATHAN WHO WAS THE ACTING PRESIDENT THEN ) WHO STARTED USING THE WORD " THE PRESIDENT CAN RULE FROM ANY-WERE IN THE WORLD"........ WHO GAVE THE ORDER THE GUDLUCK JONATHAN ( ACTING PRESIDENT ) MOST NOT KNOW OR HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING YARADUA FOR 6 MONTHS, INCLUDING THE HOSPITAL WERE HE DIED IN SAUDI ARABIA AND HIS ARRIVAL AT THE NIGERIAN AIRPORT.................. WHO GAVE THE OVER 200 MILITARY MEN THE ORDER TO CLOSED THE AIRPORT AND AIRSPACE ON THE NIGHT OF THE ARRIVAL OF THE DEAD ( LATE YARADUA ) AND TAKE THE DEAD YARADUA STRAIGHT TO ASO ROCK WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE ACTING PRESIDENT JONATHAN, WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF THE COUNTRY UNDER THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION.

WHEN YOU START ASKING THIS QUESTION, THEN WE ARE MOVING TO THE DIRECTION OF UNRAVELING THE LEADER OF BOKO HARAM[/b]
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Pedekunle(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
oddy4real:
Don't mind him. All those names he called GEJ are for his father that nobody knows.
And by the way, GEJ isn't in Nigeria and so whoever should blame him for this is a dumbo
...he can rule from anywhere....
Have you forgotten the concept of e-ruling in Nigeria?
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Delafruita(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
kaaycee: dis Falana of a man must be ill informed , if not he would know dat world over and in d contitutionally, ICAO recommendations, and IATA recorgnises d fact dat in d principle of seperation of Aircrafts dat VIPs which are usually d Presido and VP in any country, heads of international org. like d UN etc, kings and Queens like d saudi and britain etc are allowed a free airspace 15mins before landing and 15mins after landing. may be he should sue Oga Jona and Sambo. no be dia fault, it comes with d office as 1bn food allowance also comes with d ofis. grin grin grin
you are the one who is ill-informed.in the UK,the queen of england is classified as a category C flight compared to emergency flights which are classified as category A for which a maximum of 10mins is alloted during which departues but not arrivals are delayed.nowhere in the entire ICAO charter is there a mention of airspace closure for VIPs.same as the IATA charter.i wonder where you got your reference from.the british prime minister and the queen are allowed only a 5mins delay
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by tiarabubu: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
RENO, NV - KOLO-TV spoke to White House officials shortly after noon Thursday, gathering more details on President Barak Obama’s visit to Reno Friday.

President Obama is expected to arrive at approximately 11:30AM and stay for an an hour and a half.

There will be the usual air space and road closures, but those details have not been released for security reasons. Often air space is closed while Air Force One is on the ground, [size=15pt]which means air traffic may be restricted in Reno for more than two hours in the middle of the day[/size]. The cell phone waiting lot at the Reno-Tahoe airport will also be closed from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. in anticipation of the president's arrival and departure.

The White House has not said who the president will be meeting with or where in town he will be, but what they have said is that it will be a meeting with a family and it will be an intimate discussion with that family about their experience with refinancing.

That meeting will be private and the audio will not be taped.

RENO, NV - After he visits with a local family, the President is expected to make quick remarks outside the home. Local media will be allowed to record those remarks. KOLO 8 News Now's Ed Pearce will be at that event and ask questions of the President if the opportunity presents itself.

KOLO 8 News Now's Terri Russell will be covering the arrival of the president.

Ky Plaskon and Amanda Sanchez will anchor the usual Midday show during the visit of the president. The show may take twists and turns as this breaking news happens, so hang on to your seats.

As more information is released, KOLO 8 News Now will provide updates.

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/Details_of_the_President_Reno_Visit_Released_151004235.html

4 COMMENTS PRINTE-MAILSHARETWEET
McCarran spokesman: Obama visit to cause ‘minimal’ disruption
By Richard N. Velotta (contact)
Published Wednesday, March 21, 2012 | 10:29 a.m.
Updated Wednesday, March 21, 2012 | 11:26 a.m.

Air traffic and ground transportation at McCarran International Airport will be disrupted briefly Wednesday when Air Force One arrives and departs for President Obama’s short visit to Boulder City to tour a solar energy plant.

A spokesman for the airport said the president’s visit would have minimal impact on the public, but the airspace around the airport is normally closed for about 15 minutes when the president’s plane approaches the airport and takes off.

Chris Jones, a spokesman for the Clark County Aviation Department, says aircraft are issued a “ground stop” order, meaning they are forbidden from taking off during the time that Obama’s plane arrives and departs.

The president’s plane is scheduled to arrive shortly before noon and depart just before 3 p.m.

This morning, Southwest Airlines, the busiest carrier at McCarran, wasn’t showing any flight delays and Jones noted that airlines can often make up time in the air in their trips. Passengers leaving on flights around noon or 3 p.m. should contact their airlines for updates.

In previous Obama visits, air tour operators have complained about losing business because of airspace disruptions.

Jones also said there could be some traffic disruptions on the streets around the airport when the president’s motorcade moves to Boulder City. While the president’s security team has not disclosed his route, the airport tunnel linking McCarran with Interstate 215 is typically closed when Air Force One arrives and takes off.

Loy Hixson, a spokesman for the Nevada Highway Patrol, said motorists could expect 10 to 15-minute rolling closures on the motorcade route between the airport and the Copper Mountain Solar One facility in Boulder City. He didn’t disclose the route, but the most direct access would be along Interstate 215 east of the airport and U.S. 95 south toward Boulder City.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/mar/21/mccarran-spokesman-obama-visit-cause-minimal-disru/

You guys should chill about Jona. Although the man and hin wife dey sunbath for Rio beach, whodunit?
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by maclatunji: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
str8_talk: Let's call a spade a spade.
GEJ's govt. is d most inept,corrupt,mindless,greedy enterprise we hv ever witness in Nigeria.
He has amount 2 d biggest clown of d millenium.

Are you sure? You never know, he may just be Nigeria's greatest President ever!
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
Only in Nigeria will such an policy take place.
No regard for the safety of the population.
VIP my foot.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by oluseg2: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
kaaycee: dis Falana of a man must be ill informed , if not he would know dat world over and in d contitutionally, ICAO recommendations, and IATA recorgnises d fact dat in d principle of seperation of Aircrafts dat VIPs which are usually d Presido and VP in any country, heads of international org. like d UN etc, kings and Queens like d saudi and britain etc are allowed a free airspace 15mins before landing and 15mins after landing. may be he should sue Oga Jona and Sambo. no be dia fault, it comes with d office as 1bn food allowance also comes with d ofis. grin grin grin
The big question is'' Is the air way supposed to be closed for the wife of the president too?''.
Another thing to point out is '' What happens if more than one VIPs are to land in the airport simultanuosly''. Does it mean that all the planes in the air space will be hovering around?.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by uuspace(m): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
People that will always want to blame Gej for every little issue,the man is not in the country and he is still being blamed for the airport closure.U people should know that closing of airports during arrival or departure of VIP did not start with Gej.The earlier the youths of this nation focus on solving nigeria's problem the earlier its solved,efforts should be made for airport closure to stop,not by throwing blames around
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by samkoro: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
oyb: and the madness in the aviation sector continues. . .

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/falani-demands-identity-vip-who-closed-airspace

VIP versus VIP
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Stressy: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
str8_talk: Let's call a spade a spade.
GEJ's govt. is d most inept,corrupt,mindless,greedy enterprise we hv ever witness in Nigeria.
He has amount 2 d biggest clown of d millenium.
Ur daft mouth is literally destined for neusant talks..ur hell FATHER*Can u lead even a Community
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by samkoro: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
uuspace: People that will always want to blame Gej for every little issue,the man is not in the country and he is still being blamed for the airport closure.U people should know that closing of airports during arrival or departure of VIP did not start with Gej.The earlier the youths of this nation focus on solving nigeria's problem the earlier its solved,efforts should be made for airport closure to stop,not by throwing blames around

They even blame him for their inablity to impregnate their wives

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by tiarabubu: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
I was on a flight from Boston to SFO today. We would have been able to land early but Air Force One (or possibly Marine One, or a combination) forced us to fly around in circles for about 40 minutes off of Point Reyes. Obama had just spoken at a solar factory. His presence left a slew of jet aircraft to fly in circles while burning jet fuel until they were allowed to land. How green is that?

How often does this happen? I guess anywhere he goes.

And, as an obvious point, it happens anywhere any president goes -- it's not unique to Obama.

Happens all the time when the president flies.
When Bush came to Seattle I still lived out by the airport and suddenly there were no planes coming in or out of the airport. I immediately turned on the news because like a 1/2 hour went by and NO PLANES. Suddenly I heard that very distinct 747 engine noise and coming in for a landing was Air Force One.
Weird they didn't land at Boeing Field as they usually do, but that day they landed and took off from Sea-Tac and the airport was closed for about an hour each time.

Did get some nice photos of the take off though

The trick is when you are on a plane and the pilot is trying to land before they close of the air space. I was flying back east one time and we literally were touching down only to have to pull straight up and circle for about 30 minutes. It was the president's plane that caused our pull up..... kind of scary that.....

GWB.

I drove in a motorcade for Clinton in '99 from EWR to a local school and back. The number of different things that were shut down along the way - airport, highway, rail, etc. - was somewhat astounding.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1089574-air-force-one-causes-landing-delays-following-obama-speech-solar-factory.html
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by tiarabubu: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
I was on a flight from Boston to SFO today. We would have been able to land early but Air Force One (or possibly Marine One, or a combination) [size=15pt]forced us to fly around in circles for about 40 minutes[/size] off of Point Reyes. Obama had just spoken at a solar factory. His presence left a slew of jet aircraft to fly in circles while burning jet fuel until they were allowed to land. How green is that?

How often does this happen? I guess anywhere he goes.

And, as an obvious point, it happens anywhere any president goes -- it's not unique to Obama.

Happens all the time when the president flies.
When Bush came to Seattle I still lived out by the airport and suddenly there were no planes coming in or out of the airport. I immediately turned on the news because [size=15pt]like a 1/2 hour went by and NO PLANES[/size]. Suddenly I heard that very distinct 747 engine noise and coming in for a landing was Air Force One.
Weird they didn't land at Boeing Field as they usually do, but that day they landed and took off from Sea-Tac and the airport was closed for about an hour each time.

Did get some nice photos of the take off though

The trick is when you are on a plane and the pilot is trying to land before they close of the air space. [size=15pt]I was flying back east one time and we literally were touching down only to have to pull straight up and circle for about 30 minutes[/size]. It was the president's plane that caused our pull up..... kind of scary that.....

GWB.

I drove in a motorcade for Clinton in '99 from EWR to a local school and back. The number of different things that were shut down along the way - airport, highway, rail, etc. - was somewhat astounding.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1089574-air-force-one-causes-landing-delays-following-obama-speech-solar-factory.html
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
What if d 'said plane' crashed whilst on air??.....
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by uuspace(m): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
samkoro:

They even blame him for their inablity to impregnate their wives

lol.Your just on point
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Dee60: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
senseless and selfish VIPs - 'Very Irrational People' The nonsense must stop....let us hope its not the big wigs in aviation that have abrogated VIP status to themselves!
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by GAR3TH(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
tiarabubu:

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/Details_of_the_President_Reno_Visit_Released_151004235.html

You guys should chill about Jona. Although the man and hin wife dey sunbath for Rio beach, whodunit?

The article you posted didn't say airspace was closed, they said airspace may be restricted. Meaning the airspace is prohibited from entering unless an aircraft has permission. So what I believe the article is saying is that those who are flying VFR or for sport will be restricted from the space but those who are fly IFR or have ATC radio clearance can fly.

Also they didn't say the entire airport terminal will be shut down, they said the cell phone waiting lot will be closed, which is a parking area.

Also Falana didn't say president he said VIP, so i'm not sure why your posting these articles about Obama
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by extension: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
He should thank his God he came down from that coffin alive.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by harper7: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
Thumbs up to Falana for always speaking up on issues like this
see: www.nigerianewsnetwork.com
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by lynxpro(m): 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
PresGEJ:

Ehen! I am proud of you.

When those SSS boys told me you will see the light (after they reviewed all your NL posts), I doubted them. Now I see that Nigeria has the best intelligence network in the world.

BTW, do you know where in Rio I can buy Brazilian hair for Patience? I don search tire. I got a Brazilian Bowler Hat though. You will like it; Take a break from Euro2012 and watch NTA.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido

GEJ on Facebook, twitter and now nairaland!......I think he should join badoo as well!
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by tpapi: 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Bootlicker !
fat head
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by deandavid(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
how them take close am? Them put gate 4 d sky? Na story una dy find, if the plane wan crash wheathr d pilot no go land by force.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by AndroBlaze: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
God bless Falana. We will never be treated like human beings unless we demand to be. God bless Falana.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by ifihearam: 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
Falana should just shut up there
Is it new?is GEJ the first president to shut airspace for a period of time?
Besides he was not even in the country perhaps it was his vice who still has that right.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by werepeLeri: 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
chindi: What if d 'said plane' crashed whilst on air??.....

How is that possible? LOL- Please did you really ask that question? How can a plane "crash" whilst still "on air"?
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by banmaster(m): 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
oddy4real:
would you just hold it! It is the practice everywhere in the world that whenever there is VIP movement in the airport, then no other plane can land. Go and ask if another plane can land in the USA if Obama is landing. And this didn't start with GEJ. U don't have to find a way to link him to every imbroglio

truly it is practice evrywhere buh in other countries ther is shedule for planez, they dont delay flight on air
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Beaf: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
These ACN people are making themselves seem very stup!d and shallow to the Nigerian public.
All hail NURTW!

I wonder why they want to know when the President is flying or have the freedom to fly at the same time, are they planning to kill the President or the VP?

The red-eyed agbero politics from ACN especially and CPC is annoying.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by banmaster(m): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]When will this craziness stop for crying out loud. Why should a whole airport be closed down for one 1diot who has no regard for human life. Ara ga gba kwa ndi ara naa obodo a.[/quote

ave u 4goten dana airline was delayd on air bcoz of firstlady

Picture Of President GEJ With Students Of The New Almajiri School In Sokoto / Benue House Of Assembly Ends In A Rowdy Session Today / Southern University USA Appoints Ike Ekweremadu As Visiting Professor

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66