Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Henessey!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Henessey!!!! (1739 Views)

My Henessey!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
Car Gurus...i know we have dealt with Honda cars and gear boxes...Pls can someone help me out?my 2000 Hennesey/Baby Boy wen enetring d 2nd gear it breathes hard before it enters d gear...but once am on d move all d oda gears enter perfectly...dis usu happens if i have used it 4 a long wyl....

Wats d urgent thng to dois der a way i can make d 2nd gear enter perfectly?
waiting 4 honest answers/Help
Cheers!!!
Re: My Henessey!!!! by icemann(m): 2:56am On Jun 22, 2012
steffans: Car Gurus...i know we have dealt with Honda cars and gear boxes...Pls can someone help me out?my 2000 Hennesey/Baby Boy wen enetring d 2nd gear it breathes hard before it enters d gear...but once am on d move all d oda gears enter perfectly...dis usu happens if i have used it 4 a long wyl....

Cheers!!!

A good drink,i love Hennessy V.S and V.S.O.P, especially Taking it mixed with coke and ice (Shaken not stirred)

But if you are referring to Honda Odyssey the car, then i think i know what the problem is
Your engine is losing power. First go for a tune up
Tell your Mech to check the spark plugs, air filter,injector nozzles and the vacuum hose

The thing you are describing is called Gear hunting. Your ECU is getting conflicting data from various sensors
You are not producing enough Torque for a gear change and your speed is high enough to change to the next gear
To satisfy all conditions for a gear change it revs up to produce the minimum required torque and then you get the gear change

Do a tune up as soon as possible. This Gear Hunting causes your engine to heat up and can fry your Gear Box.
I can bet your Fuel consumption is up

DO post a reply if it works out so others can learn
Re: My Henessey!!!! by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2012
My suggestion I hope it helps...If the availablity of a scanner won't be an issue and you have a check engine light give your car a scan.

If not you could go direct and replace your transmission fluid. PS: I have seen a lot of people pour engine oil eg 20W 50 into tranny systems and I finding it shocking. Some local mechanics consider most fluids to work along every system in the car.

Pls request specifically for a Honda ATF that will work well with your Car.
Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 9:52am On Jun 22, 2012
icemann:

A good drink,i love Hennessy V.S and V.S.O.P, especially Taking it mixed with coke and ice (Shaken not stirred)

But if you are referring to Honda Odyssey the car, then i think i know what the problem is
Your engine is losing power. First go for a tune up
Tell your Mech to check the spark plugs, air filter,injector nozzles and the vacuum hose

The thing you are describing is called Gear hunting. Your ECU is getting conflicting data from various sensors
You are not producing enough Torque for a gear change and your speed is high enough to change to the next gear
To satisfy all conditions for a gear change it revs up to produce the minimum required torque and then you get the gear change

Do a tune up as soon as possible. This Gear Hunting causes your engine to heat up and can fry your Gear Box.
I can bet your Fuel consumption is up

DO post a reply if it works out so others can learn

Thanks So much 4 ur Honest and prompt reply...funny enof on my way to work it didnt do that...but am gona spend my saturday at d mechanics workshop tmrw and i will tell dem wat u said..tho i talked with my mechanic and he says he knows whats up!!!
so i will let u knw wen am thru with d fixing!!!
Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 10:15am On Jun 22, 2012
babs2aroks: My suggestion I hope it helps...If the availablity of a scanner won't be an issue and you have a check engine light give your car a scan.

If not you could go direct and replace your transmission fluid. PS: I have seen a lot of people pour engine oil eg 20W 50 into tranny systems and I finding it shocking. Some local mechanics consider most fluids to work along every system in the car.

Pls request specifically for a Honda ATF that will work well with your Car.

Thamks so much..i thot of that too...but ders no check light showing on d dashboard...
i use d transmission fluid 4rm Total...but will check it out tooo..if it needs changing..i will do that...thanks 4 d heads up!!!
Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
Well,am just leaving d Mecahnics Workshop..and d guy drove it..and saw hw it Changes..he checked d Sensors and he noticed d net inside d sensor we're Clean...he now bought dis Cleaner spray and blew evrythng...He said..since dos sensors are clean..d problm shuld be 4rm inside d Gear Box..wich I have to take it to Experts..his Advice was...all dis Gear Box experts..Lie a lot..and nuthng is bin done after all d money Spending...he adviced dat I can kip driving it..so far..all oda gears engage perfectly..and I shuldnt give it to diffrent drivers dat will fire d car unnecessarily..
N.B: d mechanic said my Transmission Fluid has fried.... Smh 4 Car wahala...4 nw I go dey manage d Car to ma Office and back hme..I can do dat 4 a year witout wahala...

Any more suggestions?
Re: My Henessey!!!! by icemann(m): 5:12am On Jun 25, 2012
I still believe its you need a tune up.

Can you try this, Buy a good injector cleaner and put in your tank ( half a tank if fuel is ok)
Idle for 30mins and see if it is still giving problems

Injector cleaners are about 400 to 700 Naira, Lets see what happens next
Re: My Henessey!!!! by automaticcars: 5:23am On Jun 25, 2012
steffans: Car Gurus...i know we have dealt with Honda cars and gear boxes...Pls can someone help me out?my 2000 Hennesey/Baby Boy wen enetring d 2nd gear it breathes hard before it enters d gear...but once am on d move all d oda gears enter perfectly...dis usu happens if i have used it 4 a long wyl....

Cheers!!!

What you have is burnt transmission. It is alway dificult replacing your transmission because the used transmission you are putting is more likely to burn-out in few months if it has gone more than 150,000 miles. My suggestion is to buy another car; as spending money on another transmission wouldn't guarantee to solve the problem.
Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
icemann: I still believe its you need a tune up.

Can you try this, Buy a good injector cleaner and put in your tank ( half a tank if fuel is ok)
Idle for 30mins and see if it is still giving problems

Injector cleaners are about 400 to 700 Naira, Lets see what happens next

Thanks Boss...Within a month i have used 2 injector cleaners...one from Total...d oda one i bought 4rm Mega station...tho i havnt left d car idle 4 30 mins...but will try in soon...Cheers!!!
Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2012
automaticcars:

What you have is burnt transmission. It is alway dificult replacing your transmission because the used transmission you are putting is more likely to burn-out in few months if it has gone more than 150,000 miles. My suggestion is to buy another car; as spending money on another transmission wouldn't guarantee to solve the problem.

The said dat too...dat my ATF is "fried" and dey said i shuldnt change it now...dey gave me der reasons...since am not so conversant with Autos...i took dem 4 der words...

ryt now...am looking 4 an accidented car so dat i can buy d gear box and fix...
if dat doesnt work...i will have to sell it and get somethng else preferably a manual...since my first try with Autos...seems not d sweet undecided angry

Thanks Bro...Cheeers!!!
Re: My Henessey!!!! by baaliyah(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
You dont have to go for a manual because ur honda tranny is fried up. You should expect it. Accord 98 to i think 05 have history of gear box problems. You can try toyota or any honda out of that year bracket. It s not fun driving manual in Niger.
Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2012
ba_aliyah: You dont have to go for a manual because ur honda tranny is fried up. You should expect it. Accord 98 to i think 05 have history of gear box problems. You can try toyota or any honda out of that year bracket. It s not fun driving manual in Niger.

Thanks..True at dat..Dats as per d manual...
but den again..Most EODs are 2006 models and some have gear box problems...wich model/year is better and affordable...
meanwyl is Toyoya camry 2000..(fat light)..hw gud are d gears and shooks!
Re: My Henessey!!!! by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2012
steffans:

Thanks..True at dat..Dats as per d manual...
but den again..Most EODs are 2006 models and some have gear box problems...wich model/year is better and affordable...
meanwyl is Toyoya camry 2000..(fat light)..hw gud are d gears and shooks!

Most EOD's are not 2006, EOD is Accords between 03-05. 06-07 are called DC I.e discussion continues. As regards to the tranny issues I think the 1st phase dats the 03 had the main issues and I think from the 04 improvements wr carried out by Honda. I have used the EOD the DC and never had the cause to even open or change my tranny fluid with gears shifting as smooth as butter.

Advice: if you get a good car with a know history it would save you from a lot of problems.
the above is based on my own personal experience and not in general terms.

1 Like

Re: My Henessey!!!! by steffans(m): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
babs2aroks:

Most EOD's are not 2006, EOD is Accords between 03-05. 06-07 are called DC I.e discussion continues. As regards to the tranny issues I think the 1st phase dats the 03 had the main issues and I think from the 04 improvements wr carried out by Honda. I have used the EOD the DC and never had the cause to even open or change my tranny fluid with gears shifting as smooth as butter.

Advice: if you get a good car with a know history it would save you from a lot of problems.
the above is based on my own personal experience and not in general terms.

Thanks Boss....

(1) (Reply)

Which Car Do I Buy Please / The Difference Between Injector And Caburetor Engines / We All See Nice Cars But Do The Prices Really Match The Benefits. Car Body Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.