Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram (13333 Views)

Call For Caution, Before You Vote Saraki As The Senate President / Demonising Tinubu, And The Limit Of Lies....lateef Raji / Ambode throwing T-shirts Along Lateef Jankande Road from his car(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Amalaaba: 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
teetee1: walahi, dis man na boko haram, wetin US still dey wait for? drone out all these blood suckers and lets get it over with once n for all!

My friend, why are you so wicked as to insinuate that Adegbite by this statement was begging on behalf of BH. Please for God sake be fair to your fellow man. Please. He was only saying they should not ultimately term Nigeria a terrorist state, which would invariably make our territorial integrity null and void.

Once U.S.A. declares a nation a terrorist nation (Mexico, Columbia, Afghanistan, Iraq and so on) they go there with all their means of terrorism including sponsoring the locals to create death and destruction. No body can question them. New York Times just reported yesterday (As carried by BBC this morning) that CIA has being active since last year in SYRIA supporting the opposition with arms and intelligence.

You have a right to hate Muslims and Islam, but display some sense of fairness.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by ckkris: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
The Americans are very welcome, and secure, at Port Harcourt Air Force Base, Calabar, Enugu, Makurdi, Jos, plus other Forward Operating Bases. Then, the Drones can succeed better than Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
Join crusade against Boko Haram, Adegbite appeals to Nigerians

ABUJA - Alhaji Lateef Adegbite, Secretary-General of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, has called on all Nigerians to join the crusade against the activities of the Boko Haram militant group.

Adegbite made the call while fielding questions from State House correspondents in Abuja yesterday.

He said the call had become imperative in view of the fact that the militant group had declared war not only against the government, but against Nigerians as a whole.

“Nigerians must see all these that are happening as a total challenge and war against all Nigerians; Muslims, Christians and none believers.

“It is beyond religion. It is against the people of this country and the people of this country must ensure that we do not degenerate into the situations which Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and Mali are now.

“We are too sophisticated for that and therefore, we must stop the drift, arrest the drift.

“The government is doing its best because these are faceless people. They engage in a kind of mutiny against the people. So they are not easy to identify. They are doing guerrilla war, but the people know them.

“They are the neighbours of the people. The people must be security-conscious and point out these evil doers to the security agencies.’’

Adegbite added that state governments must partner with the Federal Government and all security agencies in addressing the security challenges in the country.

He also enjoined the Federal Government to urgently address the problems of unemployment and poverty among the people to check cases of insecurity.

“There is too much poverty in the land. We should move and attack poverty; second is that unemployment amongst restive youth is creating problem.

“So, we are a rich country and have money to provide for everybody. We should give those who are unemployed annual grant and encourage them to work.

“When they have better work, nobody wants to be a beggar. So social security system is a must.’’

On plans by United States to classify Boko Haram as terrorist group,Adegbite called for caution, saying that the American government should make haste slowly.

He said Nigerians were doing all things necessary to address the matter through dialogue.
“The implication will be very serious; they may see someone like me with my long beards and think I am Boko Haram.

“So, the implication will be very serious. We are appealing to them to give Nigeria more time to dialogue with our people and we hope we will reintegrate them into our fold.

“So, they should hasten slowly.’’

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/22062012/news/news7.html
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by bisiaet: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Definately God is revealing their faces one by one now I consider this man as one of Boko Haram sponsorer. God is exposing them one by one because I dont know how in a hell does what America says has to do with him.

So does that mean when America declared the "satanic Bin Laden" and his "satanic gangs" as terrorist do America because of that arrest anyone with "long bears" or anyone with islamic name who has nothing to do with terrorist This man must be arrest.

Anyone in this land of Nigeria that sympatise or beg for calmeness in dealing squarely with this Boko animals that person is a pretending supporter of of Boko Haram because America only mention three people names so how does these "silly bastard Hausa terrorist men" related to this man called Adegbite for goodness sake cant he mind his business This man must be arrest for questioning for even beggin America for caution.

Why is it now that the America has tagged this silly criminals as terrorist now the so called Adegbite has to wake up from his slumber and talk why not he talk all this while when innocent blood are being shed daily? Why not he tell the Boko animals to take caution while killing innocent people? Where was him all this while so now that the stronger hands is upon them and for sure the America will run them down soon that he Adegbite is now talking that shows he is afraid of something or his hands are not clean if not why is he talking I think he called himself a business man so what is the relationship between a business man and a terrorist let him tell us?
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Amalaaba: 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
bisiaet: Definately God is revealing their faces one by one now I consider this man as one of Boko Haram sponsorer. God is exposing them one by one because I dont know how in a hell does what America says has to do with him.

So does that mean when America declared the "satanic Bin Laden" and his "satanic gangs" as terrorist do America because of that arrest anyone with "long bears" or anyone with islamic name who has nothing to do with terrorist This man must be arrest.

Anyone in this land of Nigeria that sympatise or beg for calmeness in dealing squarely with this Boko animals that person is a pretending supporter of of Boko Haram because America only mention three people names so how does these "silly bastard Hausa terrorist men" related to this man called Adegbite for goodness sake cant he mind his business This man must be arrest for questioning for even beggin America for caution.

Why is it now that the America has tagged this silly criminals as terrorist now the so called Adegbite has to wake up from his slumber and talk why not he talk all this while when innocent blood are being shed daily? Why not he tell the Boko animals to take caution while killing innocent people? Where was him all this while so now that the stronger hands is upon them and for sure the America will run them down soon that he Adegbite is now talking that shows he is afraid of something or his hands are not clean if not why is he talking I think he called himself a business man so what is the relationship between a business man and a terrorist let him tell us?

Your logic is interesting.
For your information, he is in the fore-front of those who confront BH and the quote above is clear enough. He has codemned the activities of BH several times in the past.
If you choose to be blinded by your hatred and engage in selective amnesia, i have no problem.

Let the Americans come and we shall all be happy! Many Nigerians of all religions and tribes have spoken against America's involvement in our internal crisis. I however plead with you to go and find out how many life were destroyed before Bin-Laden was killed and ask the relatives of over 1 million Iraqis killed and 4 million displaced.

You reserve the right to hate Muslims/Islam, but the facts are clear as stated by the full quote above.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Agbesky: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
i am yoruba by tribe and am happy to be Yoruba and Nigeria ...but i strongly codemn Adegbite statement, i think he should be interrogated asap....he has skeleton in his cupboard.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by tintingz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
naijaking1:
You don't think Nigeria is not as bad as Irag, because your church is not bombed every sunday
It can't be worse for christians in Nigeria. The US and UK should help disentangle this mess called Nigeria, because they help creat it in the first place.
I'm still waiting for words of condemnation from so-called muslim leaders(the Adegbites of this World)against the terrorists who bomb and kill helpless women and children in Nigerian churches every sunday
and people die in iraq, somalia, afghanistan, mali everyday in the hands of the so call US army are dos ones goat or wot?, wait let dem US army troop in, na u go start shouting HELP!

1 Like

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by dasparrow: 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Post

I don't see anything wrong in what Alhaji Lateef Adegbite said. He is just saying that the vultures, I mean americans should not be in a hurry to mingle in our affairs. I keep saying it that americans don't, have never and will never give a toss about Nigeria or Nigerians. All countries they went into in their pretense to help an escalating situation was only made worse.

I keep telling you people on this forum that once you let the americans in, they will never leave again. They will turn Nigeria into a perpetual war zone. And I mean ALL of Nigeria not just the north. Is that what you really want? Once you allow americans mess up the whole country, is there another country majority of you have or can call your own? Even if you choose to run to other African countries, you might not be made to feel welcome (just ask the Nigerian whose passport got torn into pieces by a police man in south Africa recently). The western world is not a friendly place either and you will always be reminded that you are not one of them. Think about it!

In addition, it is not only the northern part of Nigeria that will suffer once drones begin to fly. Any Nigerian who thinks that only the north will suffer or be affected is just being dilusional. I still say that as Nigerians we should solve this boko haram problem ourselves. If we can't solve the problem ourselves we should enlist the help of other West African nations. If that does not solve the problem, enlist African countries from around the continent. Bringing in americans should not be an option. Americans go from country to country destroying countries and causing more havoc than what they met when they arrived there.

Once again, stop calling on america like they are your father. They are not your father, they don't care about you nor love you, they don't care if you fall off the face of the earth and that sentiment holds true with other western nations as well. This is why they were not sympathetic to your pain during the dana air crash. So please fellow Nigerians use your brain and stop calling on people who dislike you and are only looking to turn your entire country (not just the north) into a perpetual war zone and refuse dump to help you. Enough said!
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by dasparrow: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
tintingz: and people die in iraq, somalia, afghanistan, mali everyday in the hands of the so call US army are dos ones goat or wot?, wait let dem US army troop in, na u go start shouting HELP!

No leave them now. Most Nigerians will never reason objectively. They forget that once americans enter, they will NEVER leave.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by bakila: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
kennytidistar: i cant wait to seee american lauchin the first drone in the north @least they should receive the first bomb sell for shielding boko boys!

Iam sure after that Igbos will complain of Genocide because lots of them will die up here.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by damoobaba: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
I suspect this Adegbyte oof a guy seriously.How come he or sultan or any of the islamic leaders hav nt come out to publicly condemn the incessant bombing of christians and churches.American drones,kill them all.nxt topic pls.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Akpan107(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
Alumnus: To be sincere, I'll prefer the US mistakingly killing the innocent than BH killing the innocent every sunday in our churches. Atleast I can challenge the US govt legally.
And atleast, some Boko's members would be killed too, but we don't pray for the death of the innocent!
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by tintingz(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
What Most Nigerians dont knw is dat d more US army start raiding in d north d more boko boys run to other four corners of dis country..FACT..make GEJ do his job.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by begwong: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
adegbite,are u speakin for d yoruba muslims or entire country?
last i checked,d hausa/fulani mosleems dont regard u yorubas as real.Thats y no hausa will eva alow a yoruba muslim to lead in any prayers,which was d reason u pple hav yr
separate shrine abi na mosque sef.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Malawian(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
tintingz: What Most Nigerians dont knw is dat d more US army start raiding in d north d more boko boys run to other four corners of dis country..FACT..make GEJ do his job.
naaa. Maybe southwest since tinubu have built an alliance with their sponsor, no wonder you yorubas are hopping mad. If boko haram shows up in the east, even the U.S army will not be able to protect them.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by tintingz(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
begwong: adegbite,are u speakin for d yoruba muslims or entire country?
last i checked,d hausa/fulani mosleems dont regard u yorubas as real.Thats y no hausa will eva alow a yoruba muslim to lead in any prayers,which was d reason u pple hav yr
separate shrine abi na mosque sef.
hello o... u missd sumtin... D last time i also check he is still The Secretary General of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs in Nigeria both the north and the south west and others
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by drstone1: 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I don't see anything wrong in what Alhaji Lateef Adegbite said. He is just saying that the vultures, I mean americans should not be in a hurry to mingle in our affairs. I keep saying it that americans don't, have never and will never give a toss about Nigeria or Nigerians. All countries they went into in their pretense to help an escalating situation was only made worse.

I keep telling you people on this forum that once you let the americans in, they will never leave again. They will turn Nigeria into a perpetual war zone. And I mean ALL of Nigeria not just the north. Is that what you really want? Once you allow americans mess up the whole country, is there another country majority of you have or can call your own? Even if you choose to run to other African countries, you might not be made to feel welcome (just ask the Nigerian whose passport got torn into pieces by a police man in south Africa recently). The western world is not a friendly place either and you will always be reminded that you are not one of them. Think about it!

In addition, it is not only the northern part of Nigeria that will suffer once drones begin to fly. Any Nigerian who thinks that only the north will suffer or be affected is just being dilusional. I still say that as Nigerians we should solve this boko haram problem ourselves. If we can't solve the problem ourselves we should enlist the help of other West African nations. If that does not solve the problem, enlist African countries from around the continent. Bringing in americans should not be an option. Americans go from country to country destroying countries and causing more havoc than what they met when they arrived there.

Once again, stop calling on america like they are your father. They are not your father, they don't care about you nor love you, they don't care if you fall off the face of the earth and that sentiment holds true with other western nations as well. This is why they were not sympathetic to your pain during the dana air crash. So please fellow Nigerians use your brain and stop calling on people who dislike you and are only looking to turn your entire country (not just the north) into a perpetual war zone and refuse dump to help you. Enough said!

POSTS LIKE THIS MAKE ME shake my head in disbelief at the power of Religious indoctrination!!

FOR your information, the Driving force of American ideology is LIBERTY. [/b]and that is clearly stated in the articles of the Declaration of Their independence. That is what they strive to achieve wherever they go to and have also set an example of it in their Country where every one including [b]dr Lateef Adegbite does not want to be denied going to for the sake of resemblance of being a terrosist!!
This is the Reasoon they fought NAZI's hitler alongside great Britain. this is the reason for the bitter long cold WaR btw them and STALINIST Russia....This is why they are involved in WW2 and the decision to fight the Japanese and the communist in CUBA, North Korea,Vietnam, Burma, Sri Lanka, Libya, egypt of Recent. and off course IRAQ and AFGANISTAN, when they overstepped their bounds(invasion of Kuwait and the Harbour of Alquedas OSAM IBN LADIN- the suspected nuclear weapon of mass destruction of September 2011)...

In the course of this their fight they had had to kill as well as being killed and it has not changed what they stand for. I know of only 2 sets of people that hate America with a zealots passion. 1. Arabs Muslim Zealots and 2. every other totalitarian Regimes World Over.

Dr Lateef kindly spare us those rhetorics and advise.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Sentimental statements.
Ileke-IdI:
I've said it before, I don't trust these Americans .

Anywaz, Anambra just discovered oil well no? Let them kuku come and helep us grin
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Beync(f): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2012
Malawian: Thought they said boko haram wasn't islam and wasn't fighting for islam? How come top islamists are now pleading for them? Doesn't take much to look stupid for some people!
They are deceiving themselves, islam is synonymous with voilent.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by drstone1: 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
Japan is better for it since the Americans got involved after WW2, So is South Korea and West Germany, france and Great Britain, as well as those who coperate with them in the muslim world like Kuwait, Oman, Dubai and Bahrain. But for countries with uncooperative and sizable muslem populations, some thing is wrong. their partnership with america is suspect. Example is Pakistan, IRAQ, Afghanistan.
Pakistan was hosting Evil Biin Laden while helping America on a wild goose chase in afghanistan. Smart americans...it didnt take them time to fool the idiots. They busted Osama while heavily fenced in a fortress by the Afghanistans.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by juman(m): 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
They should name them anything they like.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by bakila: 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
Beync:
They are deceiving themselves, islam is synonymous with voilent.

Who wasted his money in the name of school fees for you?
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by juman(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Demdem: Join crusade against Boko Haram, Adegbite appeals to Nigerians
ABUJA -
[b]He also enjoined the Federal Government to urgently address the problems of unemployment and poverty among the people to check cases of insecurity.

“There is too much poverty in the land. We should move and attack poverty; second is that unemployment amongst restive youth is creating problem.

“So, we are a rich country and have money to provide for everybody. We should give those who are unemployed annual grant and encourage them to work.

“When they have better work, nobody wants to be a beggar. So social security system is a must.’’

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/22062012/news/news7.html

Everybody know that there is too much poverty in the country. Your brother Obasanjo was a big causer of it.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by koruji(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Simple as ABC. America protects its interests so should every nation. It is nations ruled by incompetent hands or fanatics that usually end up being messed with or fired upon.

Mutual, and I mean COMPETENT, cooperation with America can be very beneficial.

dr stone: Japan is better for it since the Americans got involved after WW2, So is South Korea and West Germany, france and Great Britain, as well as those who coperate with them in the muslim world like Kuwait, Oman, Dubai and Bahrain. But for countries with uncooperative and sizable muslem populations, some thing is wrong. their partnership with america is suspect. Example is Pakistan, IRAQ, Afghanistan.
Pakistan was hosting Evil Biin Laden while helping America on a wild goose chase in afghanistan. Smart americans...it didnt take them time to fool the idiots. They busted Osama while heavily fenced in a fortress by the Afghanistans.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by extension: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
He cannot beg Boko Haram,but he can beg America.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by naijaking1: 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
extension: He cannot beg Boko Haram,but he can beg America.

All of a sudden, he realizes the need to appeal against BOKO HARAM?
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by digitalclo: 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]Beer palor talk! If nigerian govt is politically claiming not to know BH members, the US doesn't do that with its security especially its citizens and investments. God is beginning to ans our prayers.

All stand up for the US of A.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
remember gej says june.the end of islamist gangsters 'boko bastards' is indeed at hand.cheers!lets drink to that
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Amalaaba: 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
dr stone: Japan is better for it since the Americans got involved after WW2, So is South Korea and West Germany, france and Great Britain, as well as those who coperate with them in the muslim world like Kuwait, Oman, Dubai and Bahrain. But for countries with uncooperative and sizable muslem populations, some thing is wrong. their partnership with america is suspect. Example is Pakistan, IRAQ, Afghanistan.

Dr Stone,
Non of you who have being abusing Dr Adegbite have quoted him saying anything in support of BH and you have not disputed my claim that he and so many other Muslim leaders have always condemned the activities of BH. I think your expressions (and the rest of you Islamophobes)so far is borne out of blind hatred for Islam.

Since you refer to America's Angelic intention's purpose for for invading other nations let me draw your attention to a book called THE CONFESSIONS OF AN ECONOMIC HITMAN by John Perkins. Please find and read the book to open your eyes/mind (i hope) to the really intention why they have invaded over 50 countries in the last 70 years such as Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Ecuador, Panama; how they killed the Presidents of Panama for asking for control of Panama canal. Do you also know that the US establishes permanent bases everywhere they go, now numbering over 169.

My appeal to you is that you should be careful about what you ask for and try to temper your hatred for Muslim/Islam by allowing the Muslims occupy and kinder part of your consciousness before you become an extremist!
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Parnassuss(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
This isn't a good time to be a Muslim. When u dey ur own Christians will condemn u for not speaking out against the evils of ur faith and if u too talk BH will bomb ur ass to hades. Either way u are screwed.

Guys, u so-called Christians, realise say the more we generalize and call all Muslims BH members the more we actually add to the BH ranks.

Adegbite get point, but its too little too late and too political to be taken seriously.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by ozoebuka1(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
These are my suggestions, 1. i dont want americans in this country!!! believe me when i say that. 2. boko haram is an islamist sec and therefore islam should be banned in naija and 3. we should divide this country if we really want peace and development, over population is a natural disaster that can corrupt peoples mind.. i hate anybody who doesnt want this country to be divided... its high to we stopped deceiving ourselves with this phrase -- unity in diversity -- we dont love each one another and we can help ourselves by going our separate ways!
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by icez: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
naijaking1:

All of a sudden, he realizes the need to appeal against BOKO HARAM?

+100000
They are all hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opobo And Bonny Are Parts Of Igboland. / How Ondo APC Primary Was ‘rigged’ To Favour Akeredolu -APC Vice Chair Akinyelure / President Buhari Blames Powerful Individuals For Herders And Farmers Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.