Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Jay-z Sued Over Alleged Memoir Plagiarism - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jay-z Sued Over Alleged Memoir Plagiarism (1258 Views)

Jay Z Sued For Fathering A Son And Avoiding Paternity Test + (photos Of The Boy) / D'banj Evicted From Lekki House, Sued Over N60m Debt / Rick Ross Sued Over Cancelled Nigerian Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jay-z Sued Over Alleged Memoir Plagiarism by ambrosini593(m): 8:00am On Jun 22, 2012
The Hip-Hop star and international celeb, Jay-Z is being sued for plagiarism, with author Patrick White claiming the 42-Year old rapper stole portions of white writing and used them in his own memoir, decoded. In a case filed on June 13 in Los Angeles, White accused the 42-Year old of plagiarism. The New York Daily News quoted while claiming in the handwritten Lawsuit. According to a report on inquisitr “ in 2009, my personal computer was compromised, resulting in my personal work to be used in Jay-Z`s book `Decoded` which was released in 2010. The book contains various expressions /colours/phrases which correlates to my work. After contacting or attempting to contact the co-author, I got no reply. White`s Lawsuit is not the first faced by the musician this year-in march, Jay-Z and Kanye West settled a copyright infringement lawsuit that alleged the men stole a sample of music for their song “Joy”. Decoded was released by the rapper in November 2010, and is a collection of lyrics and the story behind what they mean. The book attracted significant attention after Jay-Z teamed up with Search Engine Bing to create a Scavenger hunt that “hid all 305 pages in 200 locations that have been pivotal in his life. The grand prize for the first fan to decode the pages online was a lifetime two-person pass to every single Jay-Z show for the rest of their lives

(1) (Reply)

Fan Threatens To Kill Sister If J.cole Doesnt Retweet Him On Twitter[see Photos] / Photo Of D'banj, Davido, Sean Tizzle In Aso Ebi At A Party (LOOK) / Kim Kardashian Goes Coverless A S She Stars In Kanye's New Music Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.