Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396968 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2017
@ Gr8fulHeart, please don't mind those silly doctors that said you should not mix. I started my baby on formula from day 1 as i had CS and i was in a foreign land with little help. I mixed the two as i liked until i felt i was ready.

My baby just got better from pneumonia. It is a bacterial infection and antibiotics made it better. I have stopped all self medication for my baby and thrown away my medicine stash so that no one else is tempted to give him medicine. Any sniffle, i take him to my pediatrician. Better to be a hypochondriac than having a sick baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2017
tdbankplc:
Help! My baby is 14weeks and serious colic is dealing with her and she has a slightly big belly button? Could this be colic or side effect of big belly button?
If you look at her stomach you see it rising like a rodent is walking inside... doc said it's nothing but not all doc can be relied on

Read up on abdominal wall/muscles seperation in babies and see if it could be the issue
A lot of doctors do not like going into details with mothers because
1. They do not want to alarm the mother if the issue can be reversed by self
2. They think a lot of mothers are dumb/stupid because they didnt attend medical school
3. Some have a god-complex and would not want to break down the medical jargon to layman's terms so they just shoo you away.
You have to develop a very close relationship with Mr.Google if not Naija doctors fit frustrate you. lol.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2017
tdbankplc:
Help! My baby is 14weeks and serious colic is dealing with her and she has a slightly big belly button? Could this be colic or side effect of big belly button?
If you look at her stomach you see it rising like a rodent is walking inside... doc said it's nothing but not all doc can be relied on
it's colic once u feel d movement place ur palm on d stomach n apply lil pressure

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2017
feddy27:
jazzyjazz, thanks for the puffpuff inspiration.

I've been craving it and last week, I ordered for 1k worth. Do you know we (I, hubby and my son) finished it on the road before we got home cheesy cheesy so I got challenged and said I will make mine this weekend. Voila! I bought everything but could not find yeast! That was how my puffpuff bubble was bursted undecided I must look for yeast today on my way home. This evening will be puffpuff with cold zobo grin

Hahaha
Puff puff is a sweet something grin
Abeg share pics when you don finish

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=NoQualms1 post=58732657]Hello mamas. Who knows where my toddlers can learn swimming or join a book club in Festac or its environs? I don't want them to do usual school book ish this hols. Thanks. [/quote you can check with laviv international school,its at chemist bustop ,okota road.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2017
feddy27:

Stop the use of cotton bud in his inner ear. Soap and water can cause smell. If there is no pain, fever and swelling, then there is nothing to worry about.

I've stopped o
I just respected myself and stopped before story go enter.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I've stopped o
I just respected myself and stopped before story go enter.

Better smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dharyor1234(f): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2017
Mamas in the house, how market? hope you are enjoying this long vacation... abeg no rants ooo

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
tdbankplc:

Pls endeavor to always use hot water(not scalding) with towel to press the navel and abdominal area when bathing her..The navel falling off doesn't mean it has healed or sealed completely..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
enque:

Molfix is now bad market for me o. Hoping these other brands will stay sane for a while too

I tell u!!
D ones i got as gifts for my baby was a real mess! I had to rush it,make e quick finish so i can get anoda brand.

Though d size 5 is good sha cus dats wat i use for my toddler.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
dharyor1234:
Mamas in the house, how market? hope you are enjoying this long vacation... abeg no rants ooo
loool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realsupermum: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
XX01:

Don't stop her. Encourage her a lot. Giver her milk after every adult meal. and in between as well. You can put one or 2 spoons of cereal in the milk. My baby started adult food from 4 months because he wanted it. I usually give him as much as he wants and then he finishes off a hefty bottle of milk. I know people say his milk will reduce when he starts adult food but this has not been the case. His milk needs has increased. shocked

Thanks mama I would encourage her but she likes the adult food more when I use my haands
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
queensnow:
it's colic once u feel d movement place ur palm on d stomach n apply lil pressure
To kill the rodent? grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
@Gr8fulHeart, tis well with ur lo. Don't mind all those docs with their blaming strategy, some are just insensitive. That was how one tried to make me feel bad cos I give lo formula. By the time i finished with him, he quickly adjust and doesn't offer any unsolicited advise anytime we see him and he is asking about los diet. God bless him. Get well fast, angel
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by aye88: 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good day mama, good to be here again. I was one of the 2015 mums on this thread. My daughter is now 2yrs plus and will be starting school in September. Please who knows of any good school in surulere. Too many schools here and just confused. Please your recommendations is highly needed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
tdbankplc:

She could have a hernia. My first son has a very big one. It's a place where the belly button didn't close properly or something like that. It caused him a lot of colic as a baby but my paed said he will outgrow it. I just kept massaging the place with warm water. It is still quite big but he inherited it from his dad so he will have to live with it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
My prayers are with you and lo...i wish him quick healing.....May ALLAHU Subhanahu wata'ala continue to protect our los
Gr8fulHeart

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
enque:

Molfix is now bad market for me o. Hoping these other brands will stay sane for a while too

Is it only inside the market we can find them? I have checked most shops around me and they don't have.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omosaku(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mmmmm,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tdbankplc: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
BellaElla:

Read up on abdominal wall/muscles seperation in babies and see if it could be the issue
A lot of doctors do not like going into details with mothers because
1. They do not want to alarm the mother if the issue can be reversed by self
2. They think a lot of mothers are dumb/stupid because they didnt attend medical school
3. Some have a god-complex and would not want to break down the medical jargon to layman's terms so they just shoo you away.
You have to develop a very close relationship with Mr.Google if not Naija doctors fit frustrate you. lol.

Thanks. Gotten alot of info from Google already but I just need to read people's opinion and experience here. Thanks again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
realsupermum:

Thanks mama I would encourage her but she likes the adult food more when I use my hands

Please do so. From my personal experience, most kids tend to eat all types of food if they were introduced early(all things being equal).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Gr8ful heart, a lot of mamas have said the same thing but let me reiterate, combined feeding cannot give your baby pneumonia. I've combi-fed from when my LO was born (day 3) without issues

The weather is harsh and with this consistent rain and cold comes such infections. I'm aware of 2 mamas on this thread as well as 2 outside here that their LOs had pneumonia and are now fine in this rainy season. Thank God he's fine but you are a good mother, don't let anyone make you feel differently especially irresponsible doctors that don't check well before administering medication.

As for resumption, ask for a little more time (may be without pay though) otherwise, put him in a creche near you where you can pop in during the day. Pray for your LO. Like enque said, I do the same: anoint him every morning, pray for the creche nannys to have good thoughts concerning him and also communicate well with them

God will perfect his health

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realsupermum: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
XX01:

Don't stop her. Encourage her a lot. Giver her milk after every adult meal. and in between as well. You can put one or 2 spoons of cereal in the milk. My baby started adult food from 4 months because he wanted it. I usually give him as much as he wants and then he finishes off a hefty bottle of milk. I know people say his milk will reduce when he starts adult food but this has not been the case. His milk needs has increased. shocked

Thanks mama I would encourage her but she likes the adult food more when I use my haands,anytime I give with spoons she rejects it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chili89: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
@Gr8fulHeart dear. It is well with your baby,
Doctor's ....can be so annoying esp in such matters. But do not worry,ur baby will be fine. God is still on the throne.

#youshallreapthefruitsofyourlabour.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
realsupermum:
Hello mums,happy sunday to you all.My 7 months old baby suddenly stop taking cereals and seriously picked interest in adult food like swallow,rice, fish,beans etc when I mash it,please mum's is it ok?how do I give her these food and still make sure she gets the right nutrient and also make her take her cereal?
Please don't look and pass sabi mamas.

She's eating pretty! It's totally fine and good she has a varied appetite. Well done mama smiley

To all the Mums complaining about diapers, I have one word: Cloth diapers wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
Gr8fulheart (didn't want to say anything earlier)

What exactly was his diagnosis? What did they say was wrong with him, because "Viral Bacterial infection" isn't a diagnosis (that's like saying you have a virus caused by a bacteria, pretty hard to happen). Why was he on oxygen, why did they blame formula (did they say it was entering his lungs?). Try and answer these questions carefully please. Go and get the answers, don't let them fob you off.

Probably take the next week off, if a baby was on oxygen (especially in Nigeria), nay employer would be understanding you need a week extra.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tdbankplc: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
XX01:

She could have a hernia. My first son has a very big one. It's a place where the belly button didn't close properly or something like that. It caused him a lot of colic as a baby but my paed said he will outgrow it. I just kept massaging the place with warm water. It is still quite big but he inherited it from his dad so he will have to live with it.

At what age did it stop please? I mean the colicky discomfort
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
tdbankplc:

At what age did it stop please? I mean the colicky discomfort

I think about 8-9 months or thereabouts. It just got gradually better. He used to cry so badly in the evenings.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tdbankplc: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
XX01:

I think about 8-9 months or thereabouts. It just got gradually better. He used to cry so badly in the evenings.

Oh ok.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
Molfix has become smtin else ohh,noticed rashes from time to time wen i used some bash but d last big pack I got nah soo soo cry I used to finish it ...fought with diaper rash all thru,felt bad for my poor baby sef sad...I gave it one last shot with d same size n it was rash war again,didn't wait to finish it before i threw it away ..got nigerian pampers after reading people's review here n mehnnn my baby's bum is as smooth as express road grin grin
Bye Bye to molfix tongue tongue

enque:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good day mama am so sorry for am about derail the thread grin
100% un processed human hair and closure
Grade 7a
Natural colour
U can dye roll and roll all over again
2yrs warranty grin
The price nko? U can't get it cheaper than I offer
Pm for price
Available for delivery
Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
More

(1) (2) (3) ... (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.