Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4445890 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
Liftedhands:
Excess saliva may the reason for the choking and cough sound. Happens to my niece a lot. Ndo.

Thanks dear. Please when can I deworm my daughter, she's 14+m
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TEEKAY2000: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=Akorkor post=59024880]
Although is not Nigeria but I have actually taken to your advice by stopping the drug because after that I did my own research and I got to know that you are equally right. So I shop DD from taken it. I just gave vitamin C that's all and rob not to strong metholatum on her foot then wear socks immediately. We are getting better by God grace[/quote
Good to hear your baby is feeling fine.Well done.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Giddyperson:
oh I even forget I'm breastfeeding. No palm wine. Puff puff would do. anything to get that hair in my family

grin
Deal cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Thanks dear. Please when can I deworm my daughter, she's 14+m
According to pediatricians, you deworm at 1yr then every 6months after.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
laughing at mummy doing a funny dance cheesy

Fine bobo, weldone mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
I wish I knew how to back baby. Any tips
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
Benignasweety:
plz ma, how do you know he is teething? Mine is 2months and 9days.
he started by rubbing his mouth on the bed sometimes he cry for few seconds another one is his fingers in his mouth like a. Way of itching his gum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
Thank you mamas for your swift response.
No teething powder
Jazzyjazz mama is he not too young for chewing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Hahaha oya puff puff is here

Mama hunnisuzie comman take it

Mama abeg i use God beg u, pls send d recipe for dis ur puff puff. I no wan chop am for dream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Giddyperson:
I wish I knew how to back baby. Any tips
How does one explain this now?
Here it goes, tie a wrapper loosely around your waist, carefully put your baby on your back or ask your baby be put on your back since its a first time, HOLDING HER FIRMLY. Bend a little, loose the wrapper and tie around baby from her neck though not too tight but should be firm then use another material not as big as wrapper but as long to tie around baby's bum/waist.
Hope you av an idea, not sure I understand myself with all i wrote but hth

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
when I fed him banana for the first time cheesy cheesy

Ilan is so cute and big now. God is so faithful to our little ones they Look all chubby while mummys are looking stressed. Lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
Liftedhands:
12kg only? And you are crying? Issorite let me that has ...... Kg(fill in the blanks)tongue to lose berra Goan find somewhere faint. undecided embarassed lipsrsealed

U are mean and funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
Julyborn:

How does one explain this now?
Here it goes, tie a wrapper loosely around your waist, carefully put your baby on your back or ask your baby be put on your back since its a first time, HOLDING HER FIRMLY. Bend a little, loose the wrapper and tie around baby from her neck though not too tight but should be firm then use another material not as big as wrapper but as long to tie around baby's bum/waist.
Hope you av an idea, not sure I understand myself with all i wrote but hth
lol I get. I'd try this tomorrow thanks a mili
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
queensnow:
Thank you mamas for your swift response.
No teething powder
Jazzyjazz mama is he not too young for chewing?

That's why at this stage, babies are fed "mashed or pureed" foods smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Abeg who want buy shoes?

It's fine
Me Ayam that bush geh that doesn't wear heels..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
Chanbaby:

Ilan is so cute and big now. God is so faithful to our little ones they Look all chubby while mummys are looking stressed. Lol
lipsrsealed

Hahaja true talk my sister
All our hustle is for them. May God keep them for us and may our labor of love never be in vain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
Julyborn:

Fine bobo, weldone mama

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks ma'am

For this particular one, I used

3 cups of flour
One cup of granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
4 teaspoons of yeast

Get a medium sized bowl, sieve the flour into the bowl
Add your sugar, yeast, salt and nutmeg and mix with your hands or spatula

Get one cup of warm water and pour into the flour and mix with your hands (it's messy but it'll mix better and it will be smoother) Gradually pour the water while you mix. Be mindful so it doesn't get too runny. When your batter consistency is like pap ish, then you cover the bowl with foil or if you don't have foil, you can use a clean nylon and then put one kitchen towel in it to help trap heat

Put the bowl inside a warm place for 45mins. By then the batter should have risen and the quantity should be double or almost double. (my trick is that I pre heat my oven. I don't make it too hot, just warm, then I turn it off and put the bowl inside for the flour to rise)

Put your oil on fire (I usually use a small pot, that way I don't use too much oil)

When the oil is hot, scoop the batter in you hand (scoop a small quantity to avoid mess), then squeeze the batter between your thumb and index finger (If you can't do this method, you can get a round spoon, dip in oil, then scoop the batter into the hot oil)
When one side is golden brown, you turn the other side to fry too

Sometimes when you turn the puff puff for the second side to fry, you may notice that it will turn back again. If this happens don't worry, just use your frying spoon to stir it like you should stir fried potatoes grin
Fry on medium heat to avoid burnt puff puff

grin
I hope say I no talk too much

Cc Jennykoko3009
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
enque:

It's fine
Me Ayam that bush geh that doesn't wear heels..
Lol stiletto heels ain't my thing anymore since Ilan arrived cheesy I'd rather wear wedges. I want sell this one but wedge heels. Funny enough I've never worn the shoes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Lol stiletto heels ain't my thing anymore since Ilan arrived cheesy I'd rather wear wedges. I want sell this one but wedge heels. Funny enough I've never worn the shoes.

If u r on IG, check out 'wardrobe merchant'...she can help u sell it off
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
enque:

If u r on IG, check out 'wardrobe merchant'...she can help u sell it off

Cool. Will do that now
I have put it on olx and jiji
Someone was interested in it but she was pricing it too low
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
hunniesuzie:
ugh, google tells you all sorts but anything lower than 37.5 is good. Anything up to 41 is panic

Cc. Giddyperson.

Please by 39 decrees MAXIMUM take baby to the hospital if paracetamol and other fever reducing measures are not working.

41 degrees in an adult can be very dangerous , i wont advise anyone to wait to get to that temperature in a baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
Gudpm mamas
Pls who has experienced hemorrhoids after delivery and how did you manage it?
One side of my ass o is protruding out already,swollen n so painful..now I'm so scared..pls help!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 12:20am On Aug 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks ma'am

3 cups of flour
A pinch of salt
1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
4 teaspoons of yeast

Get one cup of warm water and pour into the flour and mix with your hands (it's messy but it'll mix better and it will be smoother) Gradually pour the water while you mix. Be mindful so it doesn't get too runny. When your batter consistency is like pap ish, then you cover the bowl with foil or if you don't have foil, you can use a clean nylon and then put one kitchen towel in it to help trap heat

Put the bowl inside a warm place for 45mins. By then the batter should have risen and the quantity should be double or almost double. (my trick is that I pre heat my oven. I don't make it too hot, just warm, then I turn it off and put the bowl inside for the flour to rise)

Put your oil on fire (I usually use a small pot, that way I don't use too much oil)

When the oil is hot, scoop the batter in you hand (scoop a small quantity to avoid mess), then squeeze the batter between your thumb and index finger (If you can't do this method, you can get a round spoon, dip in oil, then scoop the batter into the hot oil)

Sometimes when you turn the puff puff for the second side to fry, you may notice that it will turn back again. If this happens don't worry, just use your frying spoon to stir it like you should stir fried potatoes grin

grin
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 5:46am On Aug 02, 2017
Benignasweety:
My son didn't take rotavirus vaccine and am worried. My healthcare center don't administer it yet. Please anywhere around umuahia, Aba, Owerri can I go and take it

Port Harcourt is not a distance. Go to UPTH. It is administered free for babies. From Aba, its less than a hour. The good news is that no crowd. If you come anytime before 12pm, you will be attended to. Parents just come, immediately attended to and off they go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2017
fruitfulhome:

Port Harcourt is not a distance. Go to UPTH. It is administered free for babies. From Aba, its less than a hour. The good news is that no crowd. If you come anytime before 12pm, you will be attended to. Parents just come, immediately attended to and off they go
Please which days do they administer it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 6:32am On Aug 02, 2017
Benignasweety:
Please which days do they administer it?

Monday-Fridays. But we that started from birth, they already gave us dates based on lo's date of birth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2017
tatacherie:
Gudpm mamas
One side of my ass o is protruding out already,swollen n so painful..now I'm so scared..pls help!

I had it during pregnancy and experienced it after birth but honestly I didn't do nothing. It went inside itself. Talk to your doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:37am On Aug 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks ma'am

3 cups of flour
A pinch of salt
1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
4 teaspoons of yeast

grin
I hope say I no talk too much
Just wanted to mention that you only mix instant yeast this way. If you are using active dry yeast you have to soak it in warm water for a couple of minutes to activate it before u pour into the mix. If not it won't rise. Read the pack to figure out the kinda yeast you have or ask your friend google cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2017
Giddyperson:
Just wanted to mention that you only mix instant yeast this way. If you are using active dry yeast you have to soak it in warm water for a couple of minutes to activate it before u pour into the mix. If not it won't rise. Read the pack to figure out the kinda yeast you have or ask your friend google cheesy

Correct. Thank you for pointing this out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2017
tatacherie:
Gudpm mamas
i had one too. The doctor wanted to pop it back after delivery and i was already too tired of everything popping out and in so I was screaming leave it like that ooo. It was really painful that first week. Freeze a bag of satchetwater so that u would always have ice to place on it. Or do sitz baths with water from the freezer. They both feel so good. cheesy don't eat anything that would lead to straining while pooing and always wash with water after pooing. The pain and swelling would stop if you don't stress the area cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.