Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4463380 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hello mamas,
My 3weeks old son has been throwing up (not forceful) for about 2 days now and i fear he hasnt been keeping anything down. Please is this normal or do i run to the hospital?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
rofemiguwa:
Hello mamas.weldone o
Everybody
Jus sending my greetings.
weldone to you too. How far with the rashes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Looool. Before long she will join him to lick the floor. I just don't understand. As big as the mat is, he will roll and spin till he gets to the floor. Then start trying to lick it. I wan buy new mop now for only sitting room cos I don't know again

Haha lol I guess he like the chilling sensation from the tiles...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
myrygurl:

Oh really...Indeed he is the father of the nation
pls lalasti help us look for him....we need to pay homage
His number is on nairaland.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dependableGod(f): 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Ah no o Please no vex I'm sure it was an oversight
No wahala!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
Hello mamas,
My 3weeks old son has been throwing up (not forceful) for about 2 days now and i fear he hasnt been keeping anything down. Please is this normal or do i run to the hospital?

I think u should try burping him after feeding...that is sit him on ur lap in angle 90 and tilt his head forward slightly with one hand on his chest and the other hand rubbing or tapping his back gently until he belch...try to google how to burp a baby and get a better explanation..

Other maamas will provide more solutions

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
myrygurl:

I think u should try burping him after feeding...that is sit him on ur lap in angle 90 and tilt his head forward slightly with one hand on his chest and the other hand rubbing or tapping his back gently until he belch...try to google how to burp a baby and get a better explanation..

Other maamas will provide more solutions
I do that regularly, but he still throws up like after every feeding sad cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
The quantity of the throw up is it much?

if it isn't, burb him after feed and don't carry him up nor lay him down quickly, so long as he is gaining weight (in your eyes) nothing to worry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
try burping between feeds don't wait till he finishes eating. Also keep him upright for a while whenever he eats. It's reflux and very common in kids.

Hunniesuzie I love your mat mine is half of that and I got it for same amount at ebeano I feel so cheated now. My love to the tile lickercheesy maybe he is using it to cool his gum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
The quantity of the throw up is it much?

if it isn't, burb him after feed and don't carry him up nor lay him down quickly, so long as he is gaining weight (in your eyes) nothing to worry.
Since he started throwing up i just feel like he hasnt been gaining weight,dont know if i'm being paranoid.
We are going to the hospital,he just threw up all he had after burping. I'm just so sad right now and hope all is well with him cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
Liftedhands:
try burping between feeds don't wait till he finishes eating. Also keep him upright for a while whenever he eats. It's reflux and very common in kids
How do i burp him while feeding, cuz i place him on my shoulder to burp.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
Feed him small and stop! Burp and continue feeding then burp again. The air build up may be too much for him to handle. Hopefully it will stop soon sorry sis .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
If he's throwing up that much then the hospital is your best bet. He'll be fine
Liftedhands imagine oh. I'm usually scared of IG vendors but I've bought from her twice and her prices are fair. I do all my baby shopping with her now

eksbabe:
Since he started throwing up i just feel like he hasnt been gaining weight,dont know if i'm being paranoid.
We are going to the hospital,he just threw up all he had after burping. I'm just so sad right now and hope all is well with him cry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Liftedhands:
Feed him small and stop! Burp and continue feeding then burp again. The air build up may be too much for him to handle. Hopefully it will stop soon sorry sis .
Ok, thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzy(f): 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Later you people will say i shouldn't call him tile licker grin
LoL
my baby does DAT too. maybe na the stage now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
All is well ma, just be calm okay.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Thank you, DH said to observe him for tonight and if it persists we will be at the hospital tomorrow.I tried the tip ma'm Liftedhands gave me and he hasnt thrown up,i pray he doesnt.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
You place him on your shoulder after each feed? my sister that's why the throw up is regular. you don't burp a baby on your shoulder. My son usually throws up if he gets fussy during feeding and I place him on my shoulders. Now if I carry him on the shoulder and he belch, I will quickly carry him well else he will throw up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
All is well ma, just be calm okay.
Thank you dear, i'm calm now smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
You place him on your shoulder after each feed? my sister that's why the throw up is regular. you don't burp a baby on your shoulder. My son usually throws up if he gets fussy during feeding and I place him on my shoulders. Now if I carry him on the shoulder and he belch, I will quickly carry him well else he will throw up.
Are you sure? cos that's the system the nurses gave and its working fine. The best solution is what Liftedhands has given and sometimes its overfeeding that caused it.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
eksbabe:
Don't worry much....after following all d solutions maamas have provided and it still persist then u have to see a pediatrics
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Liftedhands imagine oh. I'm usually scared of IG vendors but I've bought from her twice and her prices are fair. I do all my baby shopping with her now

So what am I?
Side chick lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
His number is on nairaland.
On his profile I guess...let me check then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOYlikeArivER: 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
ijeoma2728:

Try mudic at Akezua.off airport
tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
comtem2011:
Are you sure? cos that's the system the nurses gave and its working fine. The best solution is what Liftedhands has given and sometimes its overfeeding that caused it.
Maybe Zizi isn't following hospital pattern sha if not e for no dey throw up for shoulder. I just told her incase her son has decided to be like Zizi.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 1:26am On Aug 13, 2017
recruitmnt:
Awww, aint babies soo lovely.

Oh dear! My boy strains and stretches before gasing too oh. It breaks my heart to see him go through it oh.. I've tried gripe water, infacol, nospamin. They dnt seem to help much. He shld outgrow it by 3mnths sha.

Seems like he's begining to have eczema sef.. Ko easy

Well grape water helps.................. Feed well and hydrate your baby well............ D baby have less food to pass out cause the intestines can now absorb more nutrients and now less waste than d first few weeks of life................. Nospamin totally wrong..... Is for ulcer.................yes stretching the child will benefit from massage and a good time at the baby sitter as a form of exercise since the child only spend more time at one place.... Don't forget the child is still trying to gain control of his body it start from head to toes..... (local enema with elephant grass use to scratch ear with methylation also help to open bowel if baby cannot pass stool up to 3days) Now he can shake his legs voluntarily and candy look at his hands......... Wonderful kids........ Mine is 3months and 3 weeks.......... As for the skin rash yes that is y u need to maintain hygiene..... Change clothes frequently cause of saliva drooling on mouth and chest......... Early sign of teething...... Which happens 4 to 6 months.........
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:23am On Aug 13, 2017
I cant read back o

Good morning all

Happy new week.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 8:15am On Aug 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
weldone to you too. How far with the rashes

Thanks dear.they r gone now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 8:21am On Aug 13, 2017
Shea Butter Benefits

Except as a superior moisturizer, shea butter is used to treat various skin problems including:
eczema
dermatitis
stretch marks
dry skin and hair
insect bites
psoriasis
acne
cracked skin
itchy skin
muscle fatigue and tension
rheumatism
arthritis
sunburns
skin allergies and rashes
scars and dark spots
skin blemishes
wrinkles

TO BUY THE SYMMETRIC BRAND OF SHEA-BUTTER from Ghana;
PLS, Call/WhatsApp: 08139458588, 08053408939.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2017
UmmTwins2:
'evening great mamas, Hp our adorables are doing fine. Pls I need ur help o, especially mamas that are using n have experience with car seats. I'm about to get a used one but I dnt know jack abt car seats whether new or old; so what am I supposed to look out for? We'll be using it frm newborn so which type is advisable; infant or convertible how do I distinguish both? Do I need to get a base separately if the car seat doesn't have one? (I no sabi d car seat base sef o but came about it online undecided ) or all car seats can be used safely without a base? Is a used car seat even advisable at all? Pls mamas, help with all the info I might need to keep LO safe in the car o cos that's d only reason i'm squeezing it in our tight budget. My toddler wl be starting school nxt month n LO wl always ride with us to n fro when s/he arrives very soon inshaAllaah.
PS: i'm a learner in driving too so what extra precautions I might need to take with the kids in the car? Pls help with all d advice n suggestions u've got mamas, no waka pass o IT'S URGENT as i'm going to inspect some tomorrow morning n hopefully bring one home.
Cc: Za.ynie
Cc: On.egai
Cc: Alpha.handmaiden (I dey gbadun ur detailed explanation, mama smiley)
Cc any other moms with car seat expertise
10x in advance.

AlphaHandMaiden:

Yes. Car seat  is  from  birth. Hospitals in places  like the US and UK will not discharge you if you do no have a  car seat to  take your baby home in. 

It is an essential safety equiptment. They come in various  sizes, 0, 1, 2 , 3 and  range from newborn to about 12 years.   The  size  0 is  the  size  for newborn to  about 9-12 months depending on how big or tall your child is.  Size 1  is  from 9 months  to  about 3yrs. 
Sometimes  you have  combined  sizes  like  0,1,2. This  will usually have  a seperate newborn insert.

Personally  from experience,   i believe it is better to buy the individual sizes.... in case you have a  2nd child,   you will just be passing down the  outgrown one  down to  the  2nd  child. The combinedd  sizes  are also more  expensive.

Also for  car seats  this  should be  rear facing for  any size  0 at  least.

You can fix it  either by seat belts or  using  isofix.

I personally prefer Isofix. It is  more expensive  but it reduces the margin for error considerably and is  far easier to use. It will need a seperate  base and if you car is newish (about 10 yrs old i think) it will have sets of  hooks in the passenger seats that the base hooks  to. You leave  the base  permanently in the car  and  then  your carseat just clips into place  with an indcator that tells you all is  done correctly.

Please note  the  base is  NOT universal,  so  it is  per  brand  and  usually it will fit  a particular  car seat(s) of  a brand  so make sure you get  them  together. 

Does your  toddler  also have a  car seat? Ideally  both kids  will need  to  be  strapped in. 
For  this one  you may decide to  get   the  convertible type . You do not need  a  base  for  this  as  you do not need  to carry it up and  down.  So  this  one  you fix with the  car seat belt.

Previous post on  buying  second hand -  hope you find it useful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2017
Benignasweety:
Maybe Zizi isn't following hospital pattern sha if not e for no dey throw up for shoulder. I just told her incase her son has decided to be like Zizi.
Zizi's case is different ni! Thank God for this thread, we learn everyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.