Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400533 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
In addition to the constipation issue,I just want to say incorporate a lot of veggies into your meal.I used to go to toilet once every 3 to 4 days thinking it was how my body worked until I had a severe constipation issue.suppositories weren't working anymore and then with the help of Google I had to advise myself.

Imagine eating a plate of rice n stew with fried plantain,chicken and kpomo or eating semo with native soup,ni fibre anywhere.The body keeps struggling to process this foods ofcourse slowly thereby keeping it for long in the body which eventually will become hard.the result is hard poop,pile ,colon issues etc.

veggies aside water helps the body a lot.it is what our bodies understand and thankfully very cheap.It provides bulk and fibre to our stool also softening it so that it slides out peacefully from the colon to the toilet bowl.

#200 cabbage can serve an individual for 3 meals,ugu ,carrots etc.make it a huge part of your meal.This applies to our kids and bf babies as well.when I started it in my house dh asked me whether we were goats but now everybody enjoys it and our digestive issues are gone.
Infact I poop everyday now☺

let's eat healthy today!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytayur(f): 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good day mommas in the house, my dd is 4 weeks today and she pooed last on Saturday morning today is monday she's just bn farting no poo hope there is nothing to worry abt yet.No mind my question oo am a ftm and am all alone now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
New Arrival!!! kinyo Single SuperFast Electric Breast Pump FOR ONLY 18K PROMO PRICE!!! With Battery Case Bonus FREE (allows you use the pump without power supply)!!!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
IS she on exclusive? When she pooed was it hard or like egusi?

temmytayur:
Good day mommas in the house, my dd is 4 weeks today and she pooed last on Saturday morning today is monday she's just bn farting no poo hope there is nothing to worry abt yet.No mind my question oo am a ftm and am all alone now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
Ive tried different nipples still the same reaction. It's like she's just forgotten how to. I'd try formula with cup and spoon but formula is so watery that would take eternity

U can give her pap provided u r the one making the pap and pls remove d ginger for now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Una good afternoon oh!Abeg saabi mamas chuck mouth 4 our mata!Jay has soiled his diaper wit poo like 4times 2day!So far I have done 5 diaper 4rm morning to now!Dis happening 4 d first time so don't knw if is sumtin to worry about!Noticed mucus in d poo?Do I need to do d zinic tab thing?
Zaynie
Akorkor
Enque n all oda sabi mamas!
Don't read n pass biko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sansa143:
Una good afternoon oh!Abeg saabi mamas chuck mouth 4 our mata!Jay has soiled his diaper wit poo like 4times 2day!So far I have done 5 diaper 4rm morning to now!Dis happening 4 d first time so don't knw if is sumtin to worry about!Noticed mucus in d poo?Do I need to do d zinic tab thing?
Z..aynie
Ako..rkor
Enque n all oda sabi mamas!
Don't read n pass biko

what's he on presently? EBF?
color of poop?
is it all the 5 poops that hav mucus?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
We are on combo(formula n BM) yes,all had mucus!He is just cranky right now!The poop is d normal yellow colour n egusi like(we did more of BM 2day-so far just one formula feed 2day)
enque:

what's he on presently? EBF?
color of poop?
is it all the 5 poops that hav mucus?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
sassyangel1:

U can give her pap provided u r the one making the pap and pls remove d ginger for now.
Thanks Its a family member that makes the pap. She claims she put ginger tho I can't taste any ginger. I just want to try and see if baby would even like pap if she does I'd have hers made specially. Also how do I know how much formula to add to the pap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
temmytayur:

congratulations on ur bundle of joy. my baby girl will b 4weeks too on wed and I do experience d same.....
well
1.i paid attention to my body and

2.I checked my diet.... i started eating fruits dat will soften my stools. I noticed if I don't poo baby won't poo we just came back from 3days poo break.

3.as per d farts my baby does dat a lot too even like an adult. mil says its jedijedi she suggested I take herbal mixture BT I'm still considering it.

4.another thing mil did was..... she took one cotton bud use rub on it and insert in d anus and roll( abeg not too deep inside ooo) like 10 seconds you'll see little poo coming out

5. when bathing drip warm water in her anus not too hot ooo.

I hope this helps.

PS: Rem wat works for me may nt work for u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
temmytayur:

My ds used to be like this until i discovered that i had not bn eatn enough veggies.

I started eating veggies sauce(carrots,green beans,cabbage,onions & very little amount of pepper)to eat with rice or yam. I also eat lots of lettuce,tomatoes,cucumber & onions(as salad without cream). This helped my baby to poop daily bcus now his poop has changed from "egusilike" to being "pasty".

Just up your veggies intake and also watch wat u take. Hth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
Thanks Its a family member that makes the pap. She claims she put ginger tho I can't taste any ginger. I just want to try and see if baby would even like pap if she does I'd have hers made specially. Also how do I know how much formula to add to the pap

U gat to use ur discretion on formula measurement based on d qty of pap u'll prepare 4 ur lo. IMO, I'll start wth d measurement I used for lo's cereal, taste it 2 check weda the formula is sufficient n den feed ur lo n watch ur lo's facial expression.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytayur(f): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=hunniesuzie post=59688889]IS she on exclusive? When she pooed was it hard or like egusi?

She's on exclusive and when she pooed on Saturday morning it was much and like egusi not hard atall
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
She's fine then, nothing to worry about

[quote author=temmytayur post=59692401][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytayur(f): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=Burntcoal post=59690785]

congratulations on ur bundle of joy. my baby girl will b 4weeks too on wed and I do experience d same.....
well

2.I checked my diet.... i started eating fruits dat will soften my stools. I noticed if I don't poo baby won't poo we just came back from 3days poo break.

3.as per d farts my baby does dat a lot too even like an adult. mil says its jedijedi she suggested I take herbal mixture BT I'm still considering it.

4.another thing mil did was..... she took one cotton bud use rub on it and insert in d anus and roll( abeg not too deep inside ooo) like 10 seconds you'll see little poo coming out

I hope this helps.

Tanku so much for the response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
sassyangel1:

U gat to use ur discretion on formula measurement based on d qty of pap u'll prepare 4 ur lo. IMO, I'll start wth d measurement I used for lo's cereal, taste it 2 check weda the formula is sufficient n den feed ur lo n watch ur lo's facial expression.
Thanks I've given her. I added 3 spoons of formula to 150 ml of pap. Hope that's not too much cuz my baby loved the pap a little bit too much. Someone that's a professional spitter promptly forgot how to spit. If I remove spoon from her mouth for a second to get more pap she would throw a tantrum. But it's so messy. Her clothes and mine and my bedsheets all need changing undecided. She ate about 50ml before I gave up. I tried feeding her from a bottle but the formula made the pap thicker and it's not really coming out from the nipple.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
temmytayur:
It's perfectly normal...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Burntcoal:

well

I hope this helps.

Are you on EBF, if yes this procedures aren't worth it as it's very normal for babies on ebf to go days even as far as 2weeks without poo. It helps them gain weight so please stop the anus robbing/hot water.

fart is totally normal, don't give any herbs biko no Jedi Jedi.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sansa143:
We are on combo(formula n BM) yes,all had mucus!He is just cranky right now!The poop is d normal yellow colour n egusi like(we did more of BM 2day-so far just one formula feed 2day)

Poop isn't green so I'm not sure wat it is
I hope u wash n sterilise bottles properly?
I don't really know much about ORS cos I've never had cause to use it but if it's a home remedy that can help, u can go ahead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
Benignasweety:
Are you on EBF, if yes this procedures aren't worth it as it's very normal for babies on ebf to go days even as far as 2weeks without poo. It helps them gain weight so please stop the anus robbing/hot water.

fart is totally normal, don't give any herbs biko no Jedi Jedi.

yes she is on ebf and I'm nt taking d herbal mixture.

quick question...... can I take antimalarial drugs, I feel feverish n I practically ache all over.

2. is breastfeeding d answer to every cry or fuss cos my baby can suck for Africa my tips r paining me seriously.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
Burntcoal:

quick question...... can I take antimalarial drugs, I feel feverish n I practically ache all over.

2. is breastfeeding d answer to every cry or fuss cos my baby can suck for Africa my tips r paining me seriously.
alryt ma, then stop the hot water and robbing of her anus cuz nothing is wrong with your lo. my ds then could go 2weeks before pooing while I poo everyday o. now he stays abt 6-7 days before he poos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Breastmilk is the perfect food for babies, as their digestive systems develop, it is completely utilized hence no waste in the form of poo. Your baby not pooing everyday is fine

As for feverish feeling please don't self medicate. See a doctor to prescribe what you can take cos you're breastfeeding.

Burntcoal:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
Thanks I've given her. I added 3 spoons of formula to 150 ml of pap. Hope that's not too much cuz my baby loved the pap a little bit too much. Someone that's a professional spitter promptly forgot how to spit. If I remove spoon from her mouth for a second to get more pap she would throw a tantrum. But it's so messy. Her clothes and mine and my bedsheets all need changing undecided. She ate about 50ml before I gave up. I tried feeding her from a bottle but the formula made the pap thicker and it's not really coming out from the nipple.

If you're giving pap in a bottle you need to open the tip more. Use a flea knife or a new scissors and cut the tip a bit. That way it flows better.

Also you may want to make it a bit lighter too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

If you're giving pap in a bottle you need to open the tip more. Use a flea knife or a new scissors and cut the tip a bit. That way it flows better.

Also you may want to make it a bit lighter too
Thanks a lot for this. I made it very light but my SIL told me I always have to cook the pap if it's for baby dunno if that's true. I sha cooked it and that thickened it a bit then the formula. Also Do you think three spoons of milk is ok for one hundred and fifty ml
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
Thanks a lot for this. I made it very light but my SIL told me I always have to cook the pap if it's for baby dunno if that's true. I sha cooked it and that thickened it a bit then the formula. Also Do you think three spoons of milk is ok for one hundred and fifty ml

Yeah u have to cook the Pap always

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
Benignasweety:
alryt ma, then stop the hot water and robbing of her anus cuz nothing is wrong with your lo. my ds then could go 2weeks before pooing while I poo everyday o. now he stays abt 6-7 days before he poos.

OK tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Breastmilk is the perfect food for babies, as their digestive systems develop, it is completely utilized hence no waste in the form of poo. Your baby not pooing everyday is fine

As for feverish feeling please don't self medicate. See a doctor to prescribe what you can take cos you're breastfeeding.

tanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

Yes you have to cook it always. You can add warm water to make it light
3 spoons is fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lolllzzzz, who no like better tin? If she has given approval by eating, I guess u shd stick to d measurement or if ur intuition tells u 2 reduce d formula measurement, jst reduce a lil bit n see her reaction. Ndo, 4 d mess (Na normal tinz... Lolllzzzz). Our generation is even enjoying as per pampers v helped a lot compared to wen Na napkin era (we 4 really see post partum depression like season film). It's well sis.hope u dey sing ur village song n nt Fuji while feeding lo mk d pap dey go straight 2 its final bstop?
As 4 d thickness of d pap, mayb u'll mk a lil bit watery so dt wen u add formula it won't turn to eko.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
I always cook my baby's pap on fire too but I think the milk is small.. I use lots of milk but whatever your daughter prefers. A friend son doesnt like his pap with milk but takes the milk separately. I do think you are the best judge on what to do, hth..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hi mamas longest time, how are ur los doing? Aunty Flow knocked me down since oh. Since I have never had this kind of heavy flow in my life, Even DH pitied me (changed pad every 2hrs with intermittent annoying cramps)
My dear son clocked 6months a week ago, Introduced Aptamil and pap and he took it, we have been EBF but he eats little per time. Gave him gerber cereal this night and the guy enjoyed himself. I'm so grateful to God

Pls if u are having issues with diaper pls try Asda little angel( this diaper is Epic, super dry). God bless the mama that mentioned it.
Jazzyjazz
Giddyperson
Zanyie
Akorkor
Liftedhand
Enque
Hunniesuzie
Sansa143
Feddy27
Other mamas that I can't remember ur handles. How are we doing?

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Chanbaby:
Hi mamas longest time, how are ur los doing? Aunty Flow knocked me down since oh. Since I have never had this kind of heavy flow in my life, Even DH pitied me (changed pad every 2hrs with intermittent annoying cramps)
My dear son clocked 6months a week ago, Introduced Aptamil and pap and he took it, we have been EBF but he eats little per time. Gave him gerber cereal this night and the guy enjoyed himself. I'm so grateful to God

Pls if u are having issues with diaper pls try Asda little angel( this diaper is Epic, super dry). God bless the mama that mentioned it.
Jazzyjazz
Giddyperson
Zanyie
Akorkor
Liftedhand
Enque
Hunniesuzie
Sansa143
Feddy27
Other mamas that I can't remember ur handles. How are we doing?

We're fine mama. Be like I go follow you try the diaper

(1) (2) (3) ... (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.