Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4463015 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2017
wholesomegrace:
Glad to be back. How are mamas in the house. I greet o

I know nobody miss me as i no kukuma get friend for nairaland.

@enque, i got that number since, but i couldn't send cos i didn't use my regular mail to register on nairaland and I couldn't access it as I don forget details of the mail. I back from leave now, so once they release internet, i will send to you.

ok...thanks
welcome back o! we missed u grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Mamas in the house, I great Una. I am in a state of serious confusion. I need help like urgently. Its just 7days I have left for me is resume work and my ds will not suck feeder. I have been trying him with the feeder for over a month now still he has refused to suck. I have tried all kinds of feeder, avent, li-link, boot, camera, and I even bought the one with spoon the young man bluntly refused to take anyone. Today was even worse. Usually I. Have a principle of not breastfeeding during mass or church activity my son is already getting used to it so he doesn't cry in church. So I extracted milk in his feader cos I know I was going to my mums after church so after mass as usual he didn't cry, cos my parish is close to Shoprite I decided to do some shopping before going to my mums. I spent over 2 hrs at the mall just to see if he will suck the feeder if he is hungry just on my way out he started crying I made the milk lookwarm and gave him trying both nipple mouth and spoon mouth he bluntly refused and cried himself to sleep so I kept the food until I arrived at my mums at about 2pm and fed him again he still refused. My mum felt sorry for him and said I should breast feed him and I did just that and he started sucking trowing legs and dragging hair and giving me the you think u are smart look.
Now the question is what should I Do cos he doesn't even take it from cup with spoon. But he likes to leak soup and he is just 4months and one week old.

ABOUT WHERE TO KEEP HIM.
I have been trying to make arrangements with the girl that lived with my MIL to come over and stay she will be following me to work and stay at a colleagues house in The staff quarters so that I can be going to breast feed him on demand.until he is 6months old when I will start solid. But the arrangement is still not concrete.

Alternatively a lady at the staff quarters said we can bring the kids to her house and pay her a token. She has two kids the last one just started pre school this new. Session it sounds good to me but hubby said she is a stranger.

There is a daycare opposite my work place that is ok and affordable but I am scared of daycare

Pls I don't know what to do as time is running out.

Secondly I was diagnosed with 1plus maleria and protein in urine when they gave me coatem and amoixil which I just finished talking but if I lift any object heavier than my baby all my joint starts paining me and I am always catching cold. I can't even use bare feet to walk around my house

I stopped taking my calcium, vit c, fesolate folic acid and vit Bcomplex for 3days and I started haven't pelvic jopint pain like I usually have during pregnancy. I thought of going to the hospital tomorrow but it had subsided since I started talking it again.

now the thought of going back to work is making me sick.

I need all the advice I can get.
Your first or second options seem like the best. Take him along to work. That's what I'm going to be doing with my baby. I can still almost exclusive breastfeed her but I kept thinking what if there comes a day I've to leave the office for work then I get caught up in traffic and I can't get back soon enough to breastfeed. I had to find something else she likes and would be willing to take any time without throwing a fit. Didn't plan to give her pap but she rejected both breastmilk in a bottle and formula. she loves pap a lot and a mum's gotta do what a mum's gotta do grin. I give her with a spoon or a sippy cup, she loves both, hates bottle.

If he's rejected this your method for this long then maybe its time to try other stuff. Consider introducing cereal/solids at 5 months.

Also stop feeding him when he's hungry. Breastfeed him a little then bottle feed. Feeding when hungry never worked for my baby. She would rather flip out and fall asleep with her hunger than eat anything that wasn't from breast. I started by feeding her the pap when she's happy and playful and now she's graduated to taking it when she's hungry. I give her 30ml of pap every other day to keep the taste familiar in case there ever comes a day I'm not available cuz of work. The day might never come tho but I can't take the chance.

If you are sure you would always be available to breastfeed on demand then why are u worrying your head biko. Take her to work with you until you can gradually introduce pap, cereal or solids then you can consider daycare. You still have time, don't get desperate yet get creative lol.

And about your sickness, might just be the thought that you are starting work with a baby that still won't eat that's making u feel depressed. Sometimes sadness manifests in physical symptoms. But if you think it's not, give it like 2 more days then go back to the hospital and complain again. Ndo

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2017
Thanks enque and jazzyjazz for the response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Make Una rejoice with me o
After a year and 3 months, I finally landed a job! And I'm to resume immediately
Wheres the dancing smiley. Congrats, glad all your efforts finally paid off
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

http://grocerydirect.mallforafrica.com/

Use the link
There's a $5 convenience fee when you're processing your order though. And if you want it delivered to your doorstep, there's an additional charge for that too.

My advice is to place an order of about 6k. That way you won't feel the extra $5 charge

OK dear,thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

http://grocerydirect.mallforafrica.com/

Use the link
There's a $5 convenience fee when you're processing your order though. And if you want it delivered to your doorstep, there's an additional charge for that too.

My advice is to place an order of about 6k. That way you won't feel the extra $5 charge

OK dear,thanks and congrats for your new job.
Ilan will miss mummy alotoo�.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2017
@Voucher,,,am not surprised if a Dostor advised u to put plenty sugar in ur baby food. cos d crèche I do put my baby den do complain about a particular Doc dat d quantity of sugar she added to her baby's pap is too much.. And behold d day I was told to check it fear catch me..dis people told me cos dey know we were somehow close. d pap sweet pass cereals.

Jazzyjazz my warm congratulations on ur new appointment...

Please who has once taken contraceptive injection and how was ur experience...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2017
Onegai:

Try and take a deep breath.

You can get a manual breastpump and it will help pull out your nipples.

I think you have flat nipples (I had that too). Try and hold onto your nipples and gently do a twisting motion to pull it out. It will go back to being flat but with time it will protrude.

Meanwhile, change your position: baby is not supposed to be grabbing the tip, he's supposed to get the entire Areola, especially the underside of the nipples. So make your fingers in a V (scissors like shape) and put it close to the nipples when feeding and push back or use your thumb and fingers to cup around your nipples (thumb on top, fingers on the bottom) and push back, it will help expose Areola more.

Buy the breastpump as soon as you can. Everything is going to be okay, alright smiley
awwwn thank you so much ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
Mamas plz I have been having this lower breast pain for sometimes now and it can really be painful..my doctor ruled out cancer cause it was the first thing I checked.he gave me pain reliever . am yet to see my menses since I gave birth last year... Plz help with suggestions.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Ciscamustexcel I have to be honest with you your baby's rejection of bottle pass me. But I think a daycare is better than any adhoc arrangement, if the colleague wants to go out nko? What do you do? Or has to travel? You can still pop into the daycare to feed LO while still trying the bottle

MizMyColi God's hand is upon your LO, she'll be fine
thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
Giddyperson:
Your first or second options seem like the best. Take him along to work. That's what I'm going to be doing with my baby. I can still almost exclusive breastfeed her but I kept thinking what if there comes a day I've to leave the office for work then I get caught up in traffic and I can't get back soon enough to breastfeed. I had to find something else she likes and would be willing to take any time without throwing a fit. Didn't plan to give her pap but she rejected both breastmilk in a bottle and formula. she loves pap a lot and a mum's gotta do what a mum's gotta do grin. I give her with a spoon or a sippy cup, she loves both, hates bottle.

If he's rejected this your method for this long then maybe its time to try other stuff. Consider introducing cereal/solids at 5 months.

Also stop feeding him when he's hungry. Breastfeed him a little then bottle feed. Feeding when hungry never worked for my baby. She would rather flip out and fall asleep with her hunger than eat anything that wasn't from breast. I started by feeding her the pap when she's happy and playful and now she's graduated to taking it when she's hungry. I give her 30ml of pap every other day to keep the taste familiar in case there ever comes a day I'm not available cuz of work. The day might never come tho but I can't take the chance.

If you are sure you would always be available to breastfeed on demand then why are u worrying your head biko. Take her to work with you until you can gradually introduce pap, cereal or solids then you can consider daycare. You still have time, don't get desperate yet get creative lol.

And about your sickness, might just be the thought that you are starting work with a baby that still won't eat that's making u feel depressed. Sometimes sadness manifests in physical symptoms. But if you think it's not, give it like 2 more days then go back to the hospital and complain again. Ndo

kpakam you don hit the head for the nail. grin. Whether Na head for nail or nail for head so far their is a nail and their is an head. Lol. My sister you have shrid thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
ambient:
Mamas plz I have been having this lower breast pain for sometimes now and it can really be painful..my doctor ruled out cancer cause it was the first thing I checked.he gave me pain reliever . am yet to see my menses since I gave birth last year... Plz help with suggestions.
if you have extracted milk with your hand it could be the cause cause same thing happened to me but stopped paining me after 3days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Onegai:

The breastpump flange goes over the breast and comes in different sizes like 21", 24" or 28" (that's why sometimes it's painful, because it's an uncomfortable fit). The valve is the yellow bit. Both parts are replaceable. I have some spares so if yours doesn't fit, I can trade you.
\

Alright, thank u ma. I really appreciate your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
Akorkor:

Hospital gave me medela but I never used it. Lansinoch manual I use and tommee tippe electric. Both are good

Thanks mama but i can help u make use of the medela o grin tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ma'am enque,i recognize ur monicker saw you on intaagaam cheesy wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
semilore12:

I use medela....so far no issue. I have been using since day 1 and DD is 7months now

Thank u so much mama,i think i have enough reviews on medela now....God bless u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Ma'am enque,i recognize ur monicker on intaagaam cheesy wink

shocked shocked shocked
really? yekpaa! my nyash aff open grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
enque:

shocked shocked shocked
really? yekpaa! my nyash aff open grin grin

I dey ur back for Instagram ooh(I follow u) wink...u fine well well chai shocked kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
portable4real:
@Voucher,,,am not surprised if a Dostor advised u to put plenty sugar in ur baby food. cos d crèche I do put my baby den do complain about a particular Doc dat d quantity of sugar she added to her baby's pap is too much.. And behold d day I was told to check it fear catch me..dis people told me cos dey know we were somehow close. d pap sweet pass cereals.

Jazzyjazz my warm congratulations on ur new appointment...

Please who has once taken contraceptive injection and how was ur experience...

Thanks ma'am

Sorry no idea about the injection
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Abiagirl777:

OK dear,thanks and congrats for your new job.
Ilan will miss mummy alotoo�.

Thanks ma'am

Ilan cry small as I leave am today. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Rhemy2013:

I dey ur back for Instagram ooh(I follow u) wink...u fine well well chai shocked kiss

oooh really?!!
so that's u? I been de wonder who send me request...

but wait o, u b FBI?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
enque:

oooh really?!!
so that's u? I been de wonder who send me request...

but wait o, u b FBI?

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
Giddyperson:
Wheres the dancing smiley. Congrats, glad all your efforts finally paid off

Yes o
Thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
pls mamas,I need cloth diapers. anyone selling ,preferably portharcourt based?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
@ciscamustexcel,sorry about your ill health. I resumed work the day after my son clocked 3months. I started bottle training him when he was 2months old with tommee tippee bottle,he was taking it very well. Suddenly,one week to when I was to resume work he stopped totally and was hungry for close to 6hours as I kept hoping he would take the bottle when he is hungry. He didn't even send me o,he kept sleeping. I jejely breastfeed him.

We tried everything possible, changed bottles,changed infant formula as I was giving him infant formula too so he gets used to the taste just in case the breastmilk I express gets finished(power supply where I live was epileptic at that time) so I couldn't store breastmilk,sang different songs,made sucking sound with my tongue e.t.c. nothing worked so I resorted to cup and spoon. He was taking 120mls of milk at that time,before we use spoon to feeding 120mls he would pour half on his body as he keeps struggling and shaking his head.

After one week of resuming work,he started crying,inshort screaming when he is being fed. I even thought of stopping work as he looked like he had lost weight. He even started vomiting the milk(breastmilk, formula),when he was 3months and 2weeks I was advice to add pap(millet and little corn) to his milk and he really liked it. Since then he has been taking the pap(we make it very light),he also hates water so we force him to. He is 4months and 1week today,his dad bought Gerber's rice cereal(supported sitter) and cow gate fruity porridge (from 4months to 6months) he doesn't like them much though.

This is how I have been able to manage o. Sorry for the long write up,this is so you know you ain't alone in this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Make Una rejoice with me o
After a year and 3 months, I finally landed a job! And I'm to resume immediately
Congrats...Am really happy 4 u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
When you have a terrible headache and keep dozing at work because you have had little or no sleep 3 nights in a row, you have to keep reminding yourself why you wanted a baby. Never mind the pain from breasts engorgement. It's not easy o. Only God makes it easy.

Giddyperson, abeg help my ministry. Tvseries and toxicwap no longer work for downloads. What do you use now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
oamronnie:
When you have a terrible headache and keep dozing at work because you have had little or no sleep 3 nights in a row, you have to keep reminding yourself why you wanted a baby. Never mind the pain from breasts engorgement. It's not easy o. Only God makes it easy.

Giddyperson, abeg help my ministry. Tvseries and toxicwap no longer work for downloads. What do you use now?
Is it 02tvseries that's not working again? That's what I use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
I was just trying on some of my work clothes from before biggie belle. Most of them still fit except for the chest area. They make my boobs look like hefty BOSSOMS. Yesterday I was talking about wanting to go swimming and hubby just burst out laughing and said 'If you entered water with these balloons on your chest, you would float' cheesy cheesy cheesy Duh was I entering water to sink before. angry

Anyway biko hope breassts reduce back to normal after weaning because I cannot carry this heavy burden for the rest of my life.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
oamronnie:

by the way, instead of u to be looking for how to sleep, you are looking for movie to watch. I used to go to the toilet and just sit down and dose when I was pregnant, I hope I don't continue when I resume work

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
To God Be the glory. We r officially 3months today. Baby tessy says hiello to all mama.
Cc. Benignasweety, Aw is our twinny Zizi?

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.