Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410538 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 3:58am On Sep 02, 2017
poshestmina:

Same thing with my LO but she's a bit better now. the nurse said its Pneumonia, brought some drugs (cough syrups, antibiotics and vitamin cee),gave her injections morning and night and then keep her a room, lock the door and window,use electric heater boil water till the heat fills up the room. Put it off then start all over again sad .

She brought this to bring out the mucus blocking the chest but I'm scared of using it

we have been to d hospital and still I don't see any diff, I intend stopping all medications by today. I don't expose him In anyway, I pray they get well soonest

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2017
queenhecate:
I have a tip I want to share.

When your baby has cataarrh, I mean that thick one that blocks the nostrils, do this: be watchful for that time they will sneeze which is often and usually comes in twos or threes, when the sneeze is about to land grin, quickly use one finger to press down one nostril and see how all the nyamanyama gunk will ooze out of the other nostril leaving her airways clear. My mum taught me this.

I took it a step further and will carry the baby and tickle her nose with a cotton bud and wait for the sneeze. The mucus that will come out ehhhhh. No be small thing and me nko, I find it very satisfying cheesy grin grin

Try it and see

Trying that right away

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2017
Good morning everyone. Chai! I have missed nairaland. My baby came with crying anointing to the point that Momcy called a pastor to pray for her because the cry odikwa plenty much grin grin. Bikonu my people, my baby does this groaning and grunting thing like someone that wants to pass out hard shit (sorry grin). She does it all the time and it scares all of us. As she is doing it, she maybe releasing series of atomic farts. This groaning thing does not allow her sleep well at night. She only gets some relief when i lay her on my chest but then that means no sleep for her. Everyone that we have told about it says it's her tummy and that it will resolve with time but in the meantime, what can I do to relieve her? I feel the grunting and groaning means she is in pain. Are there agbo/home remedies that can help? I regularly give her gripe water but I don't feel its doing anything for her. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2017
Akorkor:

Yes, she started growing visible two teeth grin. No pain, not watery, no vomit. Once yesterday and one poo today again. Seeing doctor tomorrow. Thank you
Came in here today to ask the same thing just to see your question. Us we introduced cereal this week and last night she pooped for the first time and the poo is so green tho it has a good texture embarassed but it smells a lot. embarassed. Don't even know if it has to do with her new food or the fact that I ate a lot of vegetables last week and my own poo has been green too grin maybe it's from breastmilk. Anyway I've decided to watch her for a few more days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2017
Since you said the water in your area is not too Good, I think that's the culprit. Bm leaves a white stream on clothes which goes away completely when you wash. We have the coloured water ish too in my area so we buy water that is used to wash my baby's stuff and bathe her too.

What I did when my baby has cold: mix a little metholatum with Shea butter and apply on the bridge of her nose, drops of silverbird on white hanky nd place close to her pillow when she is sleeping, hospital recommended Vitamin C and baby Piriton , steam inhalation with silverbird oil, running metholatum on her chest, back and feet and within one week, she was back to her normal self

Cc @lululuv

eksbabe:
So no mama here has had issue with breastmilk stain?? What is now in my own breastmilk that these stains wont just go I tire oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 7:29am On Sep 02, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Good morning everyone. Chai! I have missed nairaland. My baby came with crying anointing to the point that Momcy called a pastor to pray for her because the cry odikwa plenty much grin grin. Bikonu my people, my baby does this groaning and grunting thing like someone that wants to pass out hard shit (sorry grin). She does it all the time and it scares all of us. As she is doing it, she maybe releasing series of atomic farts. This groaning thing does not allow her sleep well at night. She only gets some relief when i lay her on my chest but then that means no sleep for her. Everyone that we have told about it says it's her tummy and that it will resolve with time but in the meantime, what can I do to relieve her? I feel the grunting and groaning means she is in pain. Are there agbo/home remedies that can help? I regularly give her gripe water but I don't feel its doing anything for her. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

It is likely gas. Put her on her back on the bed and holding her two legs, do the bicycle movement I.e. as if she is pedalling.

Also hold her legs by the ankle and push/ bend the knee into her stomach. All these may induce farting and remove the gas that is giving the discomfort.

You can also bend her over your knees and pat her back.
All these help more than gripe water which in my opinion is just a placebo and does absolutely nothing for babies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2017
Giddyperson:
Came in here today to ask the same thing just to see your question. Us we introduced cereal this week and last night she pooped for the first time and the poo is so green tho it has a good texture embarassed but it smells a lot. embarassed. Don't even know if it has to do with her new food or the fact that I ate a lot of vegetables last week and my own poo has been green too grin maybe it's from breastmilk. Anyway I've decided to watch her for a few more days.

The poo color has even changed a little to Brown now.(TMI please). Will let you know what the doctor say sha. I didn't eat vegetables and also on that day she ate banana, chicken+ sweet potato so I think it may be teething poo as my mama say.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:38am On Sep 02, 2017
The people you have told are right. It will pass. Gripe water won't do anything. As her digestive system develops she'll be able to release gas without drama but the grunting and groaning is a thing for now. The bicycle movt Queenhecate suggested will work

Akorkor sorry, I find sallah meat go yesterday so I wasn't really online. Sabi mamas don talk, hope the poo is looking better now?

spiceeamiee:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2017
Ahh! So how long is it going to last For? Thanks @queenhecate. Will put your tips to good use

hunniesuzie:
The people you have told are right. It will pass. Gripe water won't do anything. As her digestive system develops she'll be able to release gas without drama but the grunting and groaning is a thing for now. The bicycle movt Queenhecate suggested will work

Akorkor sorry, I find sallah meat go yesterday so I wasn't really online. Sabi mamas don talk, hope the poo is looking better now?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2017
queenhecate:
I have a tip I want to share.

When your baby has cataarrh, I mean that thick one that blocks the nostrils, do this: be watchful for that time they will sneeze which is often and usually comes in twos or threes, when the sneeze is about to land grin, quickly use one finger to press down one nostril and see how all the nyamanyama gunk will ooze out of the other nostril leaving her airways clear. My mum taught me this.

I took it a step further and will carry the baby and tickle her nose with a cotton bud and wait for the sneeze. The mucus that will come out ehhhhh. No be small thing and me nko, I find it very satisfying cheesy grin grin

Try it and see

Thanks for this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:34am On Sep 02, 2017
Usually stops by 3 months, can't even recall when my baby's own stopped, just realised he wasn't grunting at bothy anymore

spiceeamiee:
Ahh! So how long is it going to last For? Thanks @queenhecate. Will put your tips to good use

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
Giddyperson:

Facing the same thing too green poo after introducing cereal. although he is teething with almost three visible teeth sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
@dunasy

Thanks for the mention ma'am. I haven't gone back to the hospital. A scan was recommended to know the exact position, haven't done that since there is no threat and still have till 2019 to remove it, although wants it removed early. Am yet to see AF, 15months PP. Pls can you share your removal experience?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello great mamas. Please what could be the cause of persistent rash on my baby's skin? He has taken more than excessive antibiotics, skineal, tribotan yet the rashes still appear after disappearance of like a week. It's even spreading to his head.
Please Mamas help a concerned dad.
Note we've bn to hospital severally the same antibiotics they keep prescribing.

Focus more on using disinfectant (original dettol) to rinse ALL his clothing including bedsheets and pillowcases after every wash.

There are also antibacterial washing powder available that you can used to wash his clothing.

Stop the use of his current body cream/lotion/oil. Stick to original Vaseline blue seal.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ammy5565:
Pls ooo mamas epp me, my LO suddenly developed a boil on one side of his head on his face. I've been applying penicillin ointment but no much difference. it hurts him and he z been crying. Pls is there any quick remedy for this, I'm so uncomfortable.

Pls no pass by o

helovesme

all sabi mamas

How old is your son?

He might need a course of mild antibiotics. If the boil still persists, I will suggest you take him to the hospital.

Boil can be very painful even for adults. You can give him paracetamol pending when you see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Benignasweety:
Pl

Is it compulsory my lo takes pap?

No, it's not compulsory at all.

There are cheaper, healthier and other stress free options.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
beyedew:
Helovesme
For taking your time to write that long note to help coolniks with her fears about her child, I say God bless ma.

Amen. God bless you too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
Akorkor:
Barka de Salah to our Muslim sisters and family oh. We shall celebrate more on earth together. Please my baby of eight month start passing out green poo yesterday.Please have you had this experience before? Read on google and some said is got teething, some say it may be lactose overload but I say " I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT". That's why I am here to ask from my senior and experienced mum.
Cc: Liftedhands, AlphaHandMaiden, zaynie,rofemiguwa, iomoge2, hunniesuzie,Feddy27, enque, and all Sabi mama

Okay. We are back from hospital. Poo has changed color already this morning . Doctor said nothing to fear about because it may be something I eat and since she's testing so it may be teething poo too. All in all, Shes very fine. Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2017
zimunachimdi:
Good evening mamas. Trust we are all good plus our loved ones.

Pls mamas that their Los are up to one year and above should help me with foods they feed their los.
Rofemi.guwa, pretty.hurts,gaily.04 and other mamas make una help me oo

my dear, I can't say because every child is unique. Mine still relies on cereal, he only takes small noodles, pap and bits of every food served at home. All the best dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
Onaswu:

Facing the same thing too green poo after introducing cereal. although he is teething with almost three visible teeth sha

Its like we are in green poo season. I just introduced Gerber cereal. At times his poo is very strong cos he doesn't drink water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chanbaby:

Its like we are in green poo season. I just introduced Gerber cereal. At times his poo is very strong cos he doesn't drink water.
In fact oga
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chanbaby:

Give warm water first thing in the morning immediately he wakes and it ll help soften the poop.

It works for my LO cos she doesn't like water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2017
helovesme:

No, it's not compulsory at all.
There are cheaper, healthier and other stress free options.
Thanks ma. would you mind share aside Tom brown
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by semilore12: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sabi mamas please help oh....my DD doesn't like to eat anymore. Meal time is now war time, we try not to forcefeed her but she doesn't like to eat. We have just introduced solids and most times we have to distract her with water so she can open her mouth for food to enter. I have bought frisogold, Farley's Rice cereal, her pap is with banana/apple puree with similac as the milk.....but she still won't eat. The only food she eats well is amala and ewedu, she likes boiled Fish too. Biko help oh, I have tried sweet potato and fish but no luck.....no waka pass abeg. She is 7 months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 12:49am On Sep 03, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Grape water should be air tight. How old is your baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 1:07am On Sep 03, 2017
zimunachimdi:
Good evening mamas. Trust we are all good plus our loved ones.

Pls mamas that their Los are up to one year and above should help me with foods they feed their los.
Rofemiguwa, prettyhurts,gaily04 and other mamas make una help me oo

Hello mum, here is a link from an online discussion held by a certified nutritionist from "ask the paediatrician" facebook group. I am sure you will benefit greatly from it.

https://m./1606725032946275?view=permalink&id=1920952601523515&ref=content_filter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 1:15am On Sep 03, 2017
spiceeamiee:

She may have colic. Please don't give your baby agbo. Check out this link for tips on how best to handle the situation.

http://askthepaediatricians.com/2015/07/doc-what-is-colic/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 2:40am On Sep 03, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Well that wasn't one of the sidea effects they told me about, in fact I'm hearing it for the first time.

Doesn't affect me like that sha

Low libido from what I read online can be caused by breastfeeding hormones. I doubt it's FP but bodies differ

am trying to get one done too but worried about side effects . Am stil using condoms for now.i dnt av interest in sex since i had my son.

most times all am after is for him to b tru so i can go to bed. i just pretend to enjoy it so i dnt upset him or try to look for excuse to avoid sex.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:40am On Sep 03, 2017
She is 8weeks. Gripe water does absolutely nothing for her

claudia50:

Grape water should be air tight. How old is your baby

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:41am On Sep 03, 2017
sad sad just that I'm desperate to try anything that will bring her relief

jamjam5000:

She may have colic. Please don't give your baby agbo. Check out this link for tips on how best to handle the situation.

http://askthepaediatricians.com/2015/07/doc-what-is-colic/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2017
semilore12:
Sabi mamas please help oh....my DD doesn't like to eat anymore. Meal time is now war time, we try not to forcefeed her but she doesn't like to eat. We have just introduced solids and most times we have to distract her with water so she can open her mouth for food to enter. I have bought frisogold, Farley's Rice cereal, her pap is with banana/apple puree with similac as the milk.....but she still won't eat. The only food she eats well is amala and ewedu, she likes boiled Fish too. Biko help oh, I have tried sweet potato and fish but no luck.....no waka pass abeg. She is 7 months old

At least she's eating something. Why not continue to give her what she likes rather than try to force other types of food on her.

My son is 8 months old now and he just started accepting cereals willingly without tears 2 days ago! Before then, it's been formula and breastmilk alone. And then it occurred to me that he probably was not ready for a these foods that I was trying to force him to eat.
My advice would be to give her time. Continue to give her what she likes to eat, then every now and then, try again to see if she will willingly take the other food.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebonyjoke(f): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I used colipan syrup 2.5ml twice daily for my lo with gripe water. it works like magic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.