Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398492 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angelTI(f): 5:45am On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Mamas at what month do I stop waking up baby at night to eat?

I think most babies outgrow this on their own without any effort whatsoever from we the parent.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angelTI(f): 5:48am On Sep 23, 2017
claudia50:
What does it mean to have a happy baby............. Wondering abeg Sabi mama them@enque @angelTI @faryday @lifted hands @davsquare @Naomi14

Mama Liftedhands has done justice to it. A baby that is not sick, well fed, diaper cleaned and no discomfort of any kind will be naturally happy.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:55am On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:

My dd stopped by herself...
Ur baby is still less than 6 months Na.... Abi vigilante don tire u?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Mamas Zheemub and olubankemi...Thanks for your suggestions. I really hav to dedicate more time to it and put all these into consideration.
Motherhood aint easy.

@mayluv, I get Nan 3 in Grocery Bazaar supermarket. Or sometimes Trade Fair mkt ( though plenty fake dey dere)

Top of d morning everyone!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 7:20am On Sep 23, 2017
claudia50:
What does it mean to have a happy baby............. Wondering abeg Sabi mama them@enque @angelTI @faryday @lifted hands @davsquare @Naomi14

Mama Liftedhands captured it aptly. A healthy baby is a happy baby. A baby who is prone to easily smile, giggle and chuckle. Is active and playful

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2017
Graciouscharis:

I've only used cerelac. The mixed vegetable is not too sweet but d ones with honey, wheat and fruits are too sweet. I think gerber is ok too.
I don't know much about the brands in the market now. The last time I bought cereal for babies is about 7 years ago. My 6 yr old went from breast milk to normal food and self wean herself @ 9 months.
Good morning, at how many months did your 6yr old go from breastmilk to normal food and what kinda normal food were you giving her. Cuz I suspect my baby is this type too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Wait she doesn't wake up by herself at night to eat so you wake her? If my baby doesn't wake up through the night I won't bother her. I read that they can't sleep and starve, she would surely wake up when the hunger hammers her. I used to wake my baby when she was a few weeks old but now the longer she sleeps at night the happier I am.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Thank you mamas! As in eh e no easy o! She eats like less than 10mins except from bottle. So at night she usually wakes, up to 6times before 4/5am. And na when sleep don dey sweet person. That's why I wanted to know at what month they stop doing that.
Giddyperson
enque:

My dd stopped by herself...
Ur baby is still less than 6 months Na.... Abi vigilante don tire u?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2017
Is it the one at Igando area as if you are going to Isheri grin
davsquared:
Mamas Zheemub and olubankemi...Thanks for your suggestions. I really hav to dedicate more time to it and put all these into consideration.
Motherhood aint easy.

@mayluv, I get Nan 3 in Grocery Bazaar supermarket. Or sometimes Trade Fair mkt ( though plenty fake dey dere)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2017
Ma'am is it normal food like the ones we eat? Cos my lo is now attracted to our food. Especially eba she will be crying but when hubby put it without soup on her lips she will lick it and stop crying.
Graciouscharis:

I've only used cerelac. The mixed vegetable is not too sweet but d ones with honey, wheat and fruits are too sweet. I think gerber is ok too.
I don't know much about the brands in the market now. The last time I bought cereal for babies is about 7 years ago. My 6 yr old went from breast milk to normal food and self wean herself @ 9 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Thank you mamas! As in eh e no easy o! She eats like less than 10mins except from bottle. So at night she usually wakes, up to 6times before 4/5am. And na when sleep don dey sweet person. That's why I wanted to know at what month they stop doing that.
Giddyperson
oh you asked the question somehow before. Me I've been wondering the same thing too cuz since I started work my baby now wakes like every hour at night and it's frustrating. I'm considering my MILs suggestion of giving her plenty pap at night maybe that would knock her out for six hours cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2017
Lmao! She will sleep well eh cos Pap even makes an adult like me very tired and sleepy. But be ready to change diaper cos it also makes one pee.
Giddyperson:
oh you asked the question somehow before. Me I've been wondering the same thing too cuz since I started work my baby now wakes like every hour at night and it's frustrating. I'm considering my MILs suggestion of giving her plenty pap at night maybe that would knock her out for six hours cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Lmao! She will sleep well eh cos Pap even makes an adult like me very tired and sleepy. But be ready to change diaper cos it also makes one pee.
I don't mind diaper, let her just sleep. I want to change diaper again sef dunno what else to try. I don't ve energy for that whole mfa protocol and I've given up on Nigerian pampers, huggies, molfix

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2017
The process is not difficult. Register, Pick items, Pay and wait for 5-15 business days.

If you know someone who has an account with them, you could tell her to help you order items alongside hers. That's if you don't have the energy for registering.
Giddyperson:
I don't mind diaper, let her just sleep. I want to change diaper again sef dunno what else to try. I don't ve energy for that whole mfa protocol and I've given up on Nigerian pampers, huggies, molfix
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
The process is not difficult. Register, Pick items, Pay and wait for 5-15 business days.

If you know someone who has an account with them, you could tell her to help you order items alongside hers. That's if you don't have the energy for registering.
see protocol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzezkay: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
After taking a long brk from work,we re bk 2 work and ready 2 serve u better.To all ma customers(mamas),sowie 4 not being in touch all dis while,op 2 still do biz with u.Order ur home cooked soups with all the assorted just d way u lyk it.....wknds re 4 stocking up...ma instagram handle still remains@juust_soups.U can slide into ma dm or send me an email-snazzy01.ga@gmail.com

Ccgiddyperson

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
Orente21:
pls ma,do u mean rice with milk must strictly been given fr 6month. Wat abt rice alone.

cerelac does not have rice only. all their cereal variants contain milk; and yes, it's from six months

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
You're lazier than I am and that's a mean feat. Buy Pampers Premium care. Its better than all the Nigerian rubbish and more affordable than US huggies. That's what I bought till I joined MFA voltrons

Naomi14 as for that sleeping through the night, my baby is 7 months and I'm still struggling with 3 plus night feeds. In fact they aren't feeds so much as pacifying with boobs. That pap thing e no werk by the way

Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
hunniesuzie:
You're lazier than I am and that's a mean feat. Buy Pampers Premium care. Its better than all the Nigerian rubbish and more affordable than US huggies. That's what I bought till I joined MFA voltrons

Naomi14 as for that sleeping through the night, my baby is 7 months and I'm still struggling with 3 plus night feeds. In fact they aren't feeds so much as pacifying with boobs. That pap thing e no werk by the way

lol I only remember pampers when I have less than 10 left in a pack and waiting 5-15 days is not an option. Besides hubby does the pampers buying and I'm not willing to take over that responsibility. cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
Giddyperson:
Good morning, at how many months did your 6yr old go from breastmilk to normal food and what kinda normal food were you giving her. Cuz I suspect my baby is this type too.

@ 5 months. I started putting whatever I'm eating in her mouth just for her to get used to the taste. At 6m when I introduced cereal, we'll struggle with the cereals but she gets excited whenever she sees normal(adult) food. Gradually, I offer her anything we are eating and still breastfeed her. She dropped our daytime bf @ 8m then @ 9m, if I offer to bfeed her, she'll bite my tips and remove her mouth. I just pack my thing inside bra and she started STTN.
She preferred mashed food to puréed food. I mash her rice with egg yolk and butter. Sometimes I add blended carrots to the rice or I give her the rice with little stew ( from 9m)
I gave her little swallow with any soup I'm eating but make sure it's very soft. I cut her fruits in small pieces and watch her eat it.
Most times she eats what everyone is eating except I need to make hers softer. I don't have time to be cooking different food for anyone.
Occasionally I allow her to feed herself by 14m, she could eat with spoon with little mess.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Is it the one at Igando area as if you are going to Isheri grin
grin Its at Satellite town. Dey launch am last yr
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Ma'am is it normal food like the ones we eat? Cos my lo is now attracted to our food. Especially eba she will be crying but when hubby put it without soup on her lips she will lick it and stop crying.

Yes, normal adult food. Start giving her small small. If she gets used to it, it will save you the wahala of preparing two pots of food for the family and having a picky eater.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Giddyperson:
see protocol

I can help you order.
All you have to do is send the money to my account.

PS I ordered for a mama here and I went to drop her items for her on Thursday when it arrived
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
davsquared:

grin Its at Satellite town. Dey launch am last yr

I'm writing this in response to the question you asked above.
To your first question, the fact that he doesn't want to wear the diaper is a good sign. You have to encourage him and be patient with him. Get him to take a nap in the afternoon so that he's not too tired in the night and watch his activities in the evening. Minimize the water he takes once it's 6pm and let him pee before going to bed and take him to the toilet again before you lie down and immediately you wake up. Any day he wakes up dry, praise him and encourage him. If he has a potty accident, don't beat him. Talk to him and review what he did d previous night. Big boys don't pee on bed. Don't forget to put a rubber sheet on their bed before your house starts smelling.
To the second question, you can start giving him beverages. A picky eater will always be a picky eater. Na sense sure pass when it comes to children. My son refused to take tea/milo and hates chocolate but when he saw bournvita advert, he liked the colorful pack and started taking bournvita. We don't call it tea in my house, we say bournvita and he takes it well. My daughter always ask for beans because I told her it will make her grow like a giant.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I can help you order.

PS I ordered for a mama here and I went to drop her items for her on Thursday when it arrived
Thanks I'd remember this if premium pampers doesn't work
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
@Graciouscharis, your detailed response is well taken.. I used to feel it was better not to allow him sleep long in d day(if at all) , cos most times wen he takes afternoon naps, even at 11:30pm his eye go still dey shine like torchlight. So i usually will prefer him to b active during d day so dat btw 8pm and 9pm, he will sleep till day . break. Will make adjustments.

...and yippee!, d tea and bread was well taken today grin.. Make d big oga dey dere dey do shakara, dis LO na jack of all trade fòr food mata!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I can help you order.

Darling Jazzyjazz kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayluv(f): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
davsquared:
Mamas Zheem ub and oluban kemi...Thanks for your suggestions. I really hav to dedicate more time to it and put all these into consideration.
Motherhood aint easy.

@mayl uv, I get Nan 3 in Grocery Bazaar supermarket. Or sometimes Trade Fair mkt ( though plenty fake dey dere)

Thanks so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Giddyperson:
Thanks I'd remember this if premium pampers doesn't work

No problem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
ebony13:

Darling Jazzyjazz kiss kiss

My head is swelling o grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
So I have a thought that has been on my mind...

All these multivitamins that we give children or even we adults take, how does it work?

Does it really make one hungry or it's supposed to be a nutritional supplement to help ur system when we r not eating well.
I know the general belief over here is that it's supposed to make u hungrier.

Anybody wey sabi shld shook mouth

(1) (2) (3) ... (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.