Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430100 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DoroCute(f): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Awwww.... Its nt about losing weight. My weight is back 2 normal. I meant my tummy. And d dark line that appears on d tummy. How do I get rid of the dark complexion on ma tummy. Plzzzz. Its all abt "d tummy" thnxx
favoredgal:

Are you exercising? If your baby is up to 2 months you can start exercising. Cardio and planks have helped me.

Also watch what you eat which isn't easy though if you are breastfeeding exclusively. What I do is eat fruit for breakfast, then beans which is quite heavy for lunch, something very very light for dinner. Drink a lot of water too. It's not an easy process but it took you 9months to gain the weight, I will advice you give it at least 9months as well to lose it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 1:00am On Nov 08, 2014
Dorocute the dark complexion wll go pretty soon. Be patient
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
Toyintoba:
pls at what measure did u use flagly,my baby has been pooping since last week,pead told me to use ORS and ZINC still no effect .thankx
its not advisable to use flagly for 8months old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Toyintoba:
pls at what measure did u use flagly,my baby has been pooping since last week,pead told me to use ORS and ZINC still no effect .thankx
pls follow ur dr's prescription and add 'patience' too. As jam04 said, dont gv flagyll.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 12:14am On Nov 10, 2014
FINA4804:
It's at Abuloma before federal junction
Ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 12:31am On Nov 10, 2014
Toyintoba:

Pls don't self medicate. Patience does it.. My son stooled for over a week and I used ONLY Zinc, ORS & enof water & he's fine now. I'll advise you giv water too & do a stool test to rule out any infection.
Make sure you check ur babys soft spot on the head to b sure it's nt sunken as dats dehydration. Ur baby will be finesmiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by afrobaby(f): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2014
Toyintoba:

There is flagyl syrup for baby and augmentin for baby. That is what I used. It is for baby, hence no age restriction. I hope your baby is fine now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toyintoba(f): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
vickilafab:

Pls don't self medicate. Patience does it.. My son stooled for over a week and I used ONLY Zinc, ORS & enof water & he's fine now. I'll advise you giv water too & do a stool test to rule out any infection.
Make sure you check ur babys soft spot on the head to b sure it's nt sunken as dats dehydration. Ur baby will be finesmiley
thankx ma hv been to hospital which i doctor said she fine and i was given Zinc and ORS bt to no effect is almost two weeks now.mayb she teethin ni
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
Toyintoba:
thankx ma hv been to hospital which i doctor said she fine and i was given Zinc and ORS bt to no effect is almost two weeks now.mayb she teethin ni
Probably.. my son was teething & d teeth are out now but his own stooling was a side effect of augmentin.
Pls sterilize toys, feeding materials and wash ur baby's hands regularly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
super moms and dads of this thread, I don com again ooooooo! just as I started celebrating his acceptance of cereals, my LO has been refusing cereals, purées, ('adult' food- wch he used to like). he's 7 months plus. av been force feeding him wt d cereal bt am exhausted embarassed and can't continue on dat path. he only takes water and breesstmilk voluntarily. i dont want him to lose weight. pls help me out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toyintoba(f): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
vickilafab:

Probably.. my son was teething & d teeth are out now but his own stooling was a side effect of augmentin.
Pls sterilize toys, feeding materials and wash ur baby's hands regularly.
thank u ma how many days did ur baby stool befor teeth final show
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jess20: 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
vickilafab:
super moms and dads of this thread, I don com again ooooooo! just as I started celebrating his acceptance of cereals, my LO has been refusing cereals, purées, ('adult' food- wch he used to like). he's 7 months plus. av been force feeding him wt d cereal bt am exhausted embarassed and can't continue on dat path. he only takes water and breesstmilk voluntarily. i dont want him to lose weight. pls help me out.

What is the time interval you use to feed him? How many times do you breast feed during the day?
Breast feeding time should be reduced during the day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by francessn: 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
jess20:

What is the time interval you use to feed him? How many times do you breast feed during the day?

is he running temperature?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shadows1: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
vickilafab:

Alternatively if there's anyone that can help you feed him, it might help. Cos somtym, as long as they smell breastmilk they can be 'stubborn ' and not accept other food. Or u put your LO away from you i.e. facing you when feeding. Best of Luck!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ybholy(m): 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
Question: My girlfriend gave me a key to her place. Do I need to reciprocate?

Yes, if you add it to your key ring. Her offer of that key may not seem like a
big deal, but it’s as significant as dropping the L-bomb. She’s trusting you with full access to her personal
space. So if you’re not ready for that milestone, then you need to do the
risky thing here: Give her the key back and suggest—as gently as possible—
that the two of you wait a bit before unlocking that door in your relationship.

Question: She hasn’t climaxed the past four times we’ve had sex but insists everything is fine. Is she lying? Plenty of things, like stress and lack of sleep, can come between a woman and the Big O, Casanova. Take your ego out of it and focus on her: Light candles, play music, try new positions. You want her relaxed and aroused. Don’t say you want her to climax; show it. And quit keeping score.

Question: My girlfriend’s into CrossFit, and now she’s nagging me to lose weight. Are we doomed if I don’t? Were you happy with your body before she went Jillian Michaels on you? Then own it—just like I owned my curves after an ex told me I had “thick thighs.” Otherwise, you’ll just wind up sweaty and resentful. It’s your choice, your body. If the pressure is too much, then kick her toned booty to the curb and find a girl you can grow old and chubby with. Just don’t mention her thighs, okay?

Culled From : http://.com/2014/11/08/question-answer-accept-key-offer/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Toyintoba:
thank u ma how many days did ur baby stool befor teeth final show

Almost 2 weeks o! But d teeth wasn't the cause of the stool..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
jess20:

I still feed on demand..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
francessn:

is he running temperature?

He's not o! & he's sooooooooo active.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 12:05am On Nov 12, 2014
shadows1:

Alternatively if there's anyone that can help you feed him, it might help. Cos somtym, as long as they smell breastmilk they can be 'stubborn ' and not accept other food. Or u put your LO away from you i.e. facing you when feeding. Best of Luck!

Lol.. Thanks. My husband tries wen arnd bt he's not cooperating. I use to sit him away from me bt once he tastes it, he spits it out, clamps his jaw tight, shakes his head in refusal & uses his hand to wave off the spoon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 12, 2014
vickilafab:

Lol.. Thanks. My husband tries wen arnd bt he's not cooperating. I use to sit him away from me bt once he tastes it, he spits it out, clamps his jaw tight, shakes his head in refusal & uses his hand to wave off the spoon.
like mine too,he doesn't want to eat other food,only breastmilk,we use to fight each other before he can collect d food,I forced him most cos I dnt want him to be lean,thank God,I'm nt d only one in dis situation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 10:22am On Nov 12, 2014
D
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2014
vickilafab:
My baby also refused cereal when I started, infact it was tug of war to get her to eat and I reduced breastfeeding her during the day till I stopped bf her during the day all together.

Now she takes her cereal but for some days now she has started refusing adult food. With kids, consistency is the key!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shadows1: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2014
@vickilafab
Lol...u just painted the picture of my Lil babe when taking any other thing apart from pap! So I understand.
But I learnt that consistency is key like okirewaju said. My son was like that too with cereal...but with time after blending fruits with it, it became his best meal till he outgrew it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by otonzy(f): 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Lol,I think u should put a clean socks or better still there's something that comes with some caps u buy n it['s like a gloves,that what I did when one of my twin started that habit n with time when he could no longer suck the thumb cos of the sock n glove he stopped,I hope it helps
author=Firstimer post=27942112]My 2 months old baby started putting his hands in his mouth. I wasnt bothered at d beginning cos i felt its a baby thing. But of recent d guy has jus discovered his thumbs n he likes to suck on it. I always try to remove it but he cries.
The other day, he woke up from his sleep, instead of him to cry as usual to notify me, my guy started sucking his thumb seriously. It was wen i went to chk on him dat i noticed he was awake n sucking, not knowing how long ago.
Wat should i do? Cos i dnt want him to develop dat habit[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
So I finally got the potty chair yesterday, although I could not find the innoson product I got Papilon product for #750.

The first pics is the one I saw earlier for 4k while the 2nd and 3rd pics is the one I eventually bought.

Now my potty training begins cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
good evening mom & dad, my dd is 4 mnths on EBF.since last week whenever am bathing her,she intentionally drinks d water dat runs down her face.pls hope its normal or shud i introduce water now?
Also, i have been using ori missed wit coconut oil 4 her skin & still noticed ela(infant eczema)on her skin. wil it go on its own or how shud i treat it. tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
That's the one. Good job hot mama! You finally found it. Chai d prkice don increase.
okirewaju:
So I finally got the potty chair yesterday, although I could not find the innoson product I got Papilon product for #750.

The first pics is the one I saw earlier for 4k while the 2nd and 3rd pics is the one I eventually bought.

Now my potty training begins cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
tnks much @ okirewaju and shadows1. Mojayo, am tired of forcing him ni oooo..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tushmum(f): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
This is the story of my life o @Vickilab...I bought Cerelac but na only me waka chop am oo!Once he sees the spoon coming towards his mouth,he will just start turnin his head but I give him everything we eat at home but he doesn't take much.
I've sieved his pap today,I pray he accepts it oo.God bless our LOs and may we never weep over any of them IJN.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello beautiful mums, how una dey......for those of you whose LO is rejecting food don't worry they will take don't get discouraged, they are doing what we call Initial gra-gra.just keep feeding well done. E-hugs to all the LOS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2014
Good morning galant mums. Una weldone for all the workyuna de do here oh. It is not easy. May God bkess you all and yor LOs. Please I am expecting. I want to ask if any mama in the house has used shoprite baby skin care products for their LO before? Please reviews are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.