Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,059 members, 7,852,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4450703 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) (1256) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please mamas I didn't know there are ones for sitter and supported sitter until I got home and noticed the top right of the can says sitter and supported sitter but my baby is a sitter. She sits without support. My question is, can I give her the one for supported sitter?

Cc: enque, hunniesuzie, akorkor, mamas that sabi the thing.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Take the job. Don't conclude without trying. If it is too stressful, you can then resign.
mydreams25:
Good afternoon mothers, pls I need advice from experienced people. Here goes my story.
Am a mother of two( first is almost 3years, second is almost 7months). I don't have a job, been seriously looking for one that is family friendly but haven't gotten, my dh has someone that can help me with a banking job but we are both afraid of how to cope with it and the kids but the present economic situation is not smiling now. I don't have any help I, my dh and 2children stay alone but my parents reside in the same state with us ( Ilorin to be precise). My question now is those that have worked in a bank or working in a bank without any help, pls how do you cope? I don't have any experience with banking job but I do hear its very stressful for family women but if I have reasons to back it up I will rethink.
Let me add that my dh's job too is demanding and closes 6:30pm almost everyday. So pls should I go for this job or keep waiting for better one if yes pls I need advice on how to manage my home with it. Pls I need a reply based on experience.
Thanks n anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Naomi14:
Please mamas I didn't know there are ones for sitter and supported sitter until I got home and noticed the top right of the can says sitter and supported sitter but my baby is a sitter. She sits without support. My question is, can I give her the one for supported sitter?
I'd give if I where in your shoes, I'd think twice about giving sitter cereal to a supported sitter but the other way round seems safe to me, your baby can handle it. Bought this Gerber oatmeal and apple cereal for my baby some days back and after day 1 she pooed one scary looking green poop. This is the second brand of cereal thats causing green poop, seems August secrets is all my baby is ever gonna be able to eat, I give up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Naomi14:

in this buhari era, the best you can do is give out the 'supported sitter' cereal. That's what i'd have done.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
Giddyperson:
I'd give if I where in your shoes, I'd think twice about giving sitter cereal to a supported sitter but the other way round seems safe to me, your baby can handle it. Bought this Gerber oatmeal and apple cereal for my baby some days back and after day 1 she pooed one scary looking green poop. This is the second brand of cereal thats causing green poop, seems August secrets is all my baby is ever gonna be able to eat, I give up.

have u tried nutribom?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
mydreams25:
Good afternoon mothers, pls I need advice from experienced people. Here goes my story.
Am a mother of two( first is almost 3years, second is almost 7months). I don't have a job, been seriously looking for one that is family friendly but haven't gotten, my dh has someone that can help me with a banking job but we are both afraid of how to cope with it and the kids but the present economic situation is not smiling now. I don't have any help I, my dh and 2children stay alone but my parents reside in the same state with us ( Ilorin to be precise). My question now is those that have worked in a bank or working in a bank without any help, pls how do you cope? I don't have any experience with banking job but I do hear its very stressful for family women but if I have reasons to back it up I will rethink.
Let me add that my dh's job too is demanding and closes 6:30pm almost everyday. So pls should I go for this job or keep waiting for better one if yes pls I need advice on how to manage my home with it. Pls I need a reply based on experience.
Thanks n anticipation

why do i feel like no job outside lag can be as stressful as that within lagos.
Take the job, resignation is an option.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
Naomi14:

Yes. She can eat the supported sitter. If it was the other way round (supported sitter eating sitter cereal), then it’s not advisabke because her digestive system is not mature enough to eat sitter cereal. My son is a toddler and I still give him the Gerber supported sitter and sitter cereal I have at home. He takes it with no issues at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
Naomi14:

Well me just buy. I started giving Baby gerber rice at 7 month so I don’t have idea. Am sure other mama will advice

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
mydreams25:

Oh sorry teamie am just seeing this through my mentions, my baby don't wake up at night o, once she sleeps around 9:30pm in dthe evening next time you hear him cry is 6:30 or 7am when his brother starts preparing for school. He started this from a month. I think its cos he sleeps alone in his cot and is blessed with heavy sleeping anointing. Am saying this cos his brother wakes up like giddy baby when he was small and we cosleep then. Sacrifice of motherhood dear.
Choi lucky you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Taymi: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
mydreams25:

Oh sorry teamie am just seeing this through my mentions, my baby don't wake up at night o, once she sleeps around 9:30pm in dthe evening next time you hear him cry is 6:30 or 7am when his brother starts preparing for school. He started this from a month. I think its cos he sleeps alone in his cot and is blessed with heavy sleeping annoiting. Am saying this cos his brother wakes up like giddy baby when he was small and we cosleep then. Sacrifice of motherhood dear.

Chai, see as I just envy you. My baby wakes up at midnight and even takes time to sleep back right from birth. Almost 2months now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
enque:

have u tried nutribom?
Thanks, I wanted to try one of the nutribom that was recommended for me here but my sis went and bought the rice cereal mistakenly. That thing is horrible, I dont think any baby would ever like it. Anyway, Is there a special reason you are recommending nutribom and which of the cereals do you think I should try. I need one that's not sweet
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
Giddyperson:

Thanks, I wanted to try one of the nutribom that was recommended for me here but my sis went and bought the rice cereal mistakenly. That thing is horrible, I dont think any baby would ever like it. Anyway, Is there a special reason you are recommending nutribom and which of the cereals do you think I should try. I need one that's not sweet

Noticed u've mentioned most brands except nutribom, or maybe i missed it.
we've tried all nutriboms flavours...the least sweet is the oats.
have u tried giving her regular oats (blended) since she isn't a sweet tooth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
enque:

I give pcm after immunisation, i've never given b4.
Taymi:

Before immunization is not advisable (said medical practitioners) , even after shouldn't be immediately.

hunniesuzie:
No clue about the Rota. I was advised not to give before for the same reason and I never have. Drugs shouldn't be administered when there is no indication

katchycouture:

We where warned strictly not to give pcm before the immunizations so I give immediately after the immunisation has been administered and my dd has never had a fever after..

eksbabe:
Angeltolly, i got the rota for 9500.
I also dont use pcm before immunization, the nurses asked not to except there is a fever. But he’s never had a fever so i dont use.

Thanks mamas for the answer. It's clear now that taking pcm before immunisation is a NO. God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
Green poo! Thank God I bought the small one. Thanks
Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
I dey tell you! I told myself if mamas say e no good then me I go chop am grin
enque:

in this buhari era, the best you can do is give out the 'supported sitter' cereal. That's what i'd have done.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
no one answered me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
kelizosuy:
Please what can I give my princess embarassed embarassed She has catarrh and it's making her breathing somehow embarassed embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
Thanks ma'am!
MamaOO:

Yes. She can eat the supported sitter. If it was the other way round (supported sitter eating sitter cereal), then it’s not advisabke because her digestive system is not mature enough to eat sitter cereal. My son is a toddler and I still give him the Gerber supported sitter and sitter cereal I have at home. He takes it with no issues at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
kelizosuy:

r u sure she has catarrh, cos my dd used to breathe like her nose was blocked while sucking, but it turned out that it was just one of those things. it wasnt blocked nose or anything of that soort
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
she breaths with her mouth and it's like she's gasping for breath. I cleaned catarrh from her nose this afternoon
enque:

r u sure she has catarrh, cos my dd used to breathe like her nose was blocked while sucking, but it turned out that it was just one of those things. it wasnt blocked nose or anything of that soort
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
zimunachimdi:
Happy sunday wonderfully made mamas.

Pls i need tips /answers on the following.
1.how to potty train my son. he will be a 1yr and 5months by next month.

Potty training requires loads and loads of patience...keep putting him to potty as mamas have said but if he refuses like my son( he uses his to drive round the house instead, never sat to poo or wee) who after many trials of getting him to use the potty, I just thought to try taking him straight to toilet and he willingly and gladly pooped, since then, no turning back ..... then give toilet straight an option but, you must always be there to guide him.
It's only toilet he uses ( i only ensure i have hand wash in my bag anytime i am out of the house as he doesn't like the look of wipes too and that's some 6 months back thereabout)

2.I want to change his milk from peak 123 to ordinary full cream peak. hope it is in order?

3.is liquid milk good for his age. peak is the only liquid that i know which is full cream,others like three crown,olympic are filled evaporated. which one is better?

Not used liquid before only peak ( i tasted peak123 and it was too sugary for me so i didnt use it)and loya ( powdery form).

4. I cant hear a clear word from him yet. no papa,mama,daddy etc. hope I am safe?

He has been communicating though might not seem much to you. As @2 years, my son started saying only mum,babe and da-ddy but, used lots of sign languages esp to poop and wee...he is 2 years and a month now and he says every with just a month difference...even sings worships songs as well as cartoon rhymes now and he hasn't started school yet . Your dear son is fine.

5. I love you all. My regards to the family.

cc: alphahandmaiden, zaynie,helovesme,prettyhurts,feddy27,rofemiguwa,enque,hunsuzie ,all mamas abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
Naomi14:
Green poo! Thank God I bought the small one. Thanks

Correct green poo oo. @ giddyperson, I tot I was the only one whose baby reacted to this mixed Gerber cereals, They took the Gerbervoats, rice and multi grain well with no issues. I no know who send me to buy oatmeal/ apple and Cinnamon and the multigrain and apple sweet potato o. Chai! We landed in the hospital for the first time because of stooling. If u r doing cereals, pls just let it be single grain and give real fruits abeg.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
kelizosuy:
she breaths with her mouth and it's like she's gasping for breath. I cleaned catarrh from her nose this afternoon

Even if she has cattarh, no one will yell you to give her any drug here. She is still too young pls
Put Shea butter on her nose ridge to ease her breathing . Don't know if you can do steam inhalation for her ( it's risky abeg) make we no go scald that pretty babe. Let me cc someone for u

Cc Soonest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Taymi: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
kelizosuy:

No drug PleAse. Mine also have catarrh and cough (7weeks old), saw the pediatrician and she said he will get over it and advised we don't use anything for him yet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
enque:

why do i feel like no job outside lag can be as stressful as that within lagos.
Take the job, resignation is an option.

Lol! If you remove traffic maybe it is the same level of stress grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Mydreams25,
I am yet to see a job that is really family friendly... Ilorin is a city that you can easily get access around I.e dropping off your kids with grannie and picking them in the evening. My dear there is nothing impossible.
Who says you can't?
Yes you can.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
OK ma'am
I just feel for her
Twogreatnations:

Even if she has cattarh, no one will yell you to give her any drug here. She is still too young pls
Put Shea butter on her nose ridge to ease her breathing . Don't know if you can do steam inhalation for her ( it's risky abeg) make we no go scald that pretty babe. Let me cc someone for u

Cc Soonest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
Oh.. OK thanks ma'am
Taymi:

No drug PleAse. Mine also have catarrh and cough (7weeks old), saw the pediatrician and she said he will get over it and advised we don't use anything for him yet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
Cc. Kelizosuy

AlphaHandMaiden:

Get a saline nasal spray. It comes either as drops or a spray. I feel the spray is easier to use though but some prefer the drops.
If you see the catarrh is dry and thick, use the spray, it helps soften it up and it will be easier to either suck out or just help moisturize inside the nostrils.

You can get olbas oil, ( it is more efficient than plain eucalyptus oil(silverbird)
There is olbas for babies and the normal olbas. The one for babies is much milder. But a few drops on her bib or on her clothes - do not put directly on her skin.

Menthylatum, (, i dont know how strong the one you have is but if it is not a baby grade one, i will suggest you dilute with shea butter and rub on her chest, back and on the soles of her feet.

You can also add a TINY bit with some shea butter and rub ON her nose across the nostrils and from forehead down to the tip of her nose. Please do not put anything apart from the nasal spray in to her nostrils.

You can do a bit of steam inhalation with hot water and a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
Get help from your hubby or someone else to hold a wrapper or bed sheet over you, the baby and the bucket or bowl of hot water whilst doing the steam inhalation.

Or if you have running hot water, sit with your baby in the bathroom( may be on the toilet seat) and run the shower on the hottest setting so the bathroom steams up. The steam she inhales will help ease some of the congestion.

Try and keep her head elevated when she is sleeping it helps the congested feeling. For day time naps, you can let her stay in a bouncer or rocker. For night time, try elevating the 2 front legs of the crib.

Sorry there is no surefire cure, but these will help provide some relief.

Other things you can do is get hand sanitiser and use frequently and for other people that want to carry her either they go wash their hands or they use hand sanitiser. Also Limit access to other older but small children, as they can transmit all sorts of bugs from nursery, school and God knows where else.

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
Thanks so much for this ma'am
AlphaHandMaiden:
Cc. Kelizosuy

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
Sansa143:
Long post alert!
It grieves my hrt to hear abt d demise of of prayer warrior!I always look forward to her prayers evry Monday back den!Iyamomoreloaded,may u rest till we meet to part no more!
Furthermore, I have taken time to write out sum monikers dat we haven't seen 4 a while(got dem 4rm my likes n mention)incase u knw any I miss mentioning,pls add up!Please if u get dis,let us knw ur fine!
Hyphee,SisiNini,Tushmom,nikkishola,finepatty,bryanarchie,divie,Mumjb,temmytee31,suzzy4God,phlakkeys,dasugar,toyosiR,customised87,missmalachi,lululuv,nicoleswizzi,omoloulan,cllassic01,Coldfeet,mamatweenz,bulunton,kemesty,nwarosa,Dunni29,kittana,Dazzle86,Dharyour1234,Titony1,Ariegurl,Suzy,Sixx,Mydeporch,forzarush,mignone,Sunbestie,Roselok,aghaibiam,Unic1,folamee,Olukunle5,Tutucious,Abiagirl777,Ijeoma2728,kloness,Mzezkay,sholai,poshestmina,fatamyfatamy,ennywealth09,Afollyshade,peggygee,Bbglory,nneejima,Licious07,opejulie n Toriella!Pls come n Ansa d register!

Thanks for checking. I am always on the thread reading cos my device keeps logging me out of NL and i get tired of typing log in details every now and then. I am doing great and baby is fine too! Getting ready to hit 4 months!
Thanks to all mamas for all the knowledge shared, I learn from here everyday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko nu I need help, my baby wakes up every hour, sometimes twice in one hour. I've not slept in so long i might soon run mad. What should i do, when would it end. She only used to wake up once or twice since birth and i thought by the time she's 6 months she would be sleeping through the night only for her to come and get way worse. I think it's partially my fault cuz she can't go back to sleep without bobby in her mouth, so now every little waking up she would wail until you carry her and bfeed then she would sleep off immediately. This happens like 8 times or more in one night. I'm trying to stop the excess bfeeding and try to tap her back or put her on my shoulder and rock her back to sleep but she just screams louder until you bring bobby. This post is getting so long, I don't even know what I'm typing again, I lack sleep. Biko nu help me before I run mad. CC: .

sorry, my only thought will be to go gansta on her oh. have you tried dumping her with hubby and going to sleep in another room, leave them with a bottle of milk and some water. so you can get some sleep at least.

As she has also started solids, the waking should reduce. if the waking has suddenly increase, check that she is not teething and that is not what is disturbing her, babies all reacting differently.

Try alternating each breast feed you offer her with water and see if that helps. i started giving water at night to my baby as soon as she squeaks and that is what stopped her night feeding habit.

Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
Naomi14:
MI dear, they just started this e copy. I don't know how it works. It used to be hard copy and I went to their office in Ikeja to pick it up. I haven't paid for the next diet yet. I asked a friend that works there if they have POS for payment, he said yes. I will go there after the conference to pay cos i intend doing somethings around there.

OK. I will just call one of the lines on the website to ask dem for my copy o...money must not enter bush.

Tanx.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) (1256) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.