Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403356 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2017
enque:

See pix of oats below..
I peel the back of the apple and remove the seeds inside. I steam with little water to 3mins and blend... Shikena

Some people use regular oats but u have to blend it to a smooth texture before cooking it for ur lo
Oh this is the exact one that makes my baby's poop green. I can see another one thats partly hidden in the lower cabinet, it looks like its just oatmeal, can u show me that one plssssssssssssssss. You have so many tins lined up, Jesus. Thats's like looking into my future, and mine would be empty tins of August secrets.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2017
isokey:

It's ok dear. Good to know you understand my point
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2017
2k at globus? E cost o! Na d one for Ire-akari (Isolo) abi Ago.
enque:

See pix of oats below..
I peel the back of the apple and remove the seeds inside. I steam with little water to 3mins and blend... Shikena

Some people use regular oats but u have to blend it to a smooth texture before cooking it for ur lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2017
spiceeamiee

Just to add. I use a different dispenser for formula and another for cereal to avoid mixup. I also use masking tape to label because I have OCD am extra like that. I don't use Gerber cereals but I think you need to add milk. Feed her at home first and see what she eats. I started with 2 tablespoons of cereal. Mix the cereal with however much milk you want to add inside each portion in the dispenser so the nanny can just put water. Fruit & veg purees I started at 5 months with apple and carrot (not together oh). I ensure the puree is his first meal at the creche so they can give it fresh but I suggest you hold off on this till you are more confident in the nanny/carer

hunniesuzie:
Hehehe. Chei

1. 3 hourly
2. Purees are frozen in the container. Will snap and show later. I bring it out of the freezer and put in his bag in the morning. It's usually his 2nd or 3rd meal so it defrosts naturally and then they steam in a pot of water before feeding - this only works cos my creche has capacity for cooking/heating food. Most don't
3. I don't use a separate bag cos they wash the plates and bowl for me
Additional info. He eats 4.5 meals in crèche. I ensure 2 of those are milk to try to hit the 500 mls a day target. When I'm taking him at 6am I go with an already prepared 90mls of milk that he eats by 7-ish before falling asleep. I pack 2 portions of formula feeds (he's on 180 mls) in a milk dispenser. 2 of either puree(sometimes fruit, sometimes potato/plantain etc), AS food or cereal. Again because they cook at my creche I don't need a food warmer but hiaers is a good brand. I put 2 empty bottles in his bag for milk feeds cos even if they wash, they don't sterilize and I still rewash when I get home. I put one bowl for cereal/AS and one spoon. 2 bibs

Pics later. Let me attend to this my boy

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2017
The oatmeal I snapped is just oatmeal mixed with nothing else.
Giddyperson:

Oh this is the exact one that makes my baby's poop green. I can see another one thats partly hidden in the lower cabinet, it looks like its just oatmeal, can u show me that one plssssssssssssssss. You have so many tins lined up, Jesus. Thats's like looking into my future, and mine would be empty tins of August secrets.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2017
You can just buy old fashioned oats (The one adults eat - not quick cooking oh), you have to blend before cooking sha so it can be smooth.

Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Hehehe, time for turn-up. She's my mumand DH's birthmonth mate if there's anything like that

enque:
It's our month o
#November28
#Countdown
#BabyZee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2017
Giddyperson:

Aunty, na supermarket rack i snap oo grin grin grin grin
That one below is just plain oatmeal for supported sitters. Most of the oatmeal for sitters has something in addition to it, cos I searched for plain oatmeal tire but i no see.

There's another one I saw oatmeal+sweet potato, but was hesitant to buy cos I wasn't sure how it'd taste.

I have so much August secrets empty 'kom-kom' in my house eh, that I have started converting them to maggi, crayfish, drypepper and maggi containers. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2017
Naomi14:
2k at globus? E cost o! Na d one for Ire-akari (Isolo) abi Ago.

na the one for ago o...me self weak wen my sis send the pix.
But they just opened an outlet at ejigbo and things r really cheap there...I come de wonder.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2017
Hello Mama,pls can I combine Gerber rice cereal and Sma gold for my baby or dere is no need for milk
Cc all mama kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2017
Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 10:45am On Nov 01, 2017
Giddyperson:

This one too is good. My baby eats both.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:47am On Nov 01, 2017
Naomi14:
The oatmeal I snapped is just oatmeal mixed with nothing else.
Ok Ive seen it, thanks. Never mind Enque, thanks for the apple puree info.
@Hunniesuzzie, if I buy regular quaker aots and blend, would it still be fortified with all the Vitamin A-Z they put in baby food, cuz my baby wont eat it if I put formula in it and I dont know...what would it actually contain. Meanwhile the thieving mall close to my house sells this Gerber for 2300 or was it 2500.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hehehe, time for turn-up. She's my mumand DH's birthmonth mate if there's anything like that

so u wee buy us gift na undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2017
jaysmama:

This one too is good. My baby eats both.
cheesy cheesy cheesy This looks so American, it's even organic. grin. I don't think they would be selling this one here, but i wish cuz it looks good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Hello Mama,pls can I combine Gerber rice cereal and Sma gold for my baby or dere is no need for milk
Cc all mama kiss

u need to add milk, cos i doubt if it contains milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:53am On Nov 01, 2017
enque:

Aunty, na supermarket rack i snap oo grin grin grin grin
That one below is just plain oatmeal for supported sitters. Most of the oatmeal for sitters has something in addition to it, cos I searched for plain oatmeal tire but i no see.

There's another one I saw oatmeal+sweet potato, but was hesitant to buy cos I wasn't sure how it'd taste.

I have so much August secrets empty 'kom-kom' in my house eh, that I have started converting them to maggi, crayfish, drypepper and maggi containers. smiley
Lmao at the bolded, thats a relief.
I keep throwing my own kom kom in the thrash and the cleaning lady keeps packing them. Me I already have too much komkom thanks to minime chinchin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2017
If the transport fare no high to reach ejigbo make she go there nau. I bought for #1650. Ehen ma'am, the August secrets food you talked about, do you order online? supermarket? or a walk in store?
enque:

na the one for ago o...me self weak wen my sis send the pix.
But they just opened an outlet at ejigbo and things r really cheap there...I come de wonder.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2017
Giddyperson:
cheesy cheesy cheesy This looks so American, it's even organic. grin. I don't think they would be selling this one here, but i wish cuz it looks good
You can check some of those big stores or pharmacies. The price difference is not even much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2017
awww kiss kissNovember babies are cute like that kiss kissMine is tomorrow..
enque:
It's our month o
#November28
#Countdown
#BabyZee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:02am On Nov 01, 2017
jaysmama:

You can check some of those big stores or pharmacies. The price difference is not even much.
Thanks, most of the big stores stock the same things (popular brands) but maybe one day I'd stumble on it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2017
Daz the one I now don't know oh. Truth though is, even the Gerber oats may not have extra fortification cos you have to put milk. I'll check my oats when I get home

Hubs has thrown away all my AS komkom...The guy HATES seeing plastic ehn! cry

Giddyperson:

Ok Ive seen it, thanks. Never mind Enque, thanks for the apple puree info.
@Hunniesuzzie, if I buy regular quaker aots and blend, would it still be fortified with all the Vitamin A-Z they put in baby food, cuz my baby wont eat it if I put formula in it and I dont know...what would it actually contain. Meanwhile the thieving mall close to my house sells this Gerber for 2300 or was it 2500.

I want cake I'm not doing fitfam

enque:

so u wee buy us gift na undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by isokey: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2017
feddy27:

It's ok dear. Good to know you understand my point

I surely did.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2017
Naomi14:
If the transport fare no high to reach ejigbo make she go there nau. I bought for #1650. Ehen ma'am, the August secrets food you talked about, do you order online? supermarket? or a walk in store?

U can order online...they have distributors in lagos but delivery charges apply. which area u de stay, make i epp u axe grin grin
they have a collabo with a walk-in store at ilupeju where u can pickup, with no delivery charges
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2017
imurboss:
Good morning mamas & happy new month!

For the rota, pls did u get only one dose to administer twice( between 6wks & the other time) or did u get 2 doses?how much did u spend in total?which street is alpha pharmacy located in Ikeja? Sorry for the plenty questions@queensnow

We had ours yesterday. The one dose will be taken at once. You get another at 10 weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Daz the one I now don't know oh. Truth though is, even the Gerber oats may not have extra fortification cos you have to put milk. I'll check my oats when I get home

Hubs has thrown away all my AS komkom...The guy HATES seeing plastic ehn! cry

I want cake I'm not doing fitfam

I hoard plastics...a bad habit. DH is kuku tired of trashing.
Cake? u go drink gulder join?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2017
kelizosuy:
awww kiss kissNovember babies are cute like that kiss kissMine is tomorrow..

congrats in advance..
kisses to adele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeystar(f): 11:18am On Nov 01, 2017
Mothers in the house, I need your advice. I have a baby girl that will soon be 3 months, she is both formula and breastfeed but she suddenly stopped taking formula I.e SMA. I have tried NAN, Frisolac,cow and gate but she still refuses all. Once she sucks the bottle and tastes the formula she starts crying, she only wants breast milk which is not sufficient cos she is not even putting on much weight. I will soon resume work and I don't have high supply of milk to express and keep moreover I work in a bank. Has anyone been in this situation? What did you do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:21am On Nov 01, 2017
Thanks ma'am
Will do
enque:

congrats in advance..
kisses to adele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2017
Ilupeju far from here o!
enque:

U can order online...they have distributors in lagos but delivery charges apply. which area u de stay, make i epp u axe grin grin
they have a collabo with a walk-in store at ilupeju where u can pickup, with no delivery charges

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2017
Chai,c wife material oh grin grin!U sure say I no go come lag chop cake?Cutie
enque:
It's our month o
#November28
#Countdown
#BabyZee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2017
honeystar:
Mothers in the house, I need your advice. I have a baby girl that will soon be 3 months, she is both formula and breastfeed but she suddenly stopped taking formula I.e SMA. I have tried NAN, Frisolac,cow and gate but she still refuses all. Once she sucks the bottle and tastes the formula she starts crying, she only wants breast milk which is not sufficient cos she is not even putting on much weight. I will soon resume work and I don't have high supply of milk to express and keep moreover I work in a bank. Has anyone been in this situation? What did you do?

check the teat of the bottle. I'm sure it's not flowing fast enough for her

You might need to change the bottle. if she's using say tommee tippee now, try avent or dr. browns. If she still refuses, try using syringe or spoon. I had same issues with my daughter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.