Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431280 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2017
zaynie:

Cacatin.
Works like magic.

Oooshey!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Body dey kampe my sister. We bless God. How are you too ma?

The country don taya person o, I just dey look like lukmon whenever I come nairaland these days.
plz no vex dix tin dey my mind since...

We bless God... is it cool to say? can one bless God abi na God go bless us?

I follow dey talk am but I bin don dey tink if it's right or wrong... abeg mek una choke mouth o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:14am On Nov 10, 2017
Benignasweety:
plz no vex dix tin dey my mind since...

We bless God... is it cool to say? can one bless God abi na God go bless us?

I follow dey talk am but I bin don dey tink if it's right or wrong... abeg mek una choke mouth o.

We bless God is used in the same context as We thank God
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2017
enque:

We bless God is used in the same context as We thank God
But Thanks is different from Bless..

U can't do me a favor and instead of me to say Thanks ma, I say Bless ma.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:43am On Nov 10, 2017
Re- pregnancy sickness

To each his own but as far as I'm concerned it's a myth! If not why isn't it a global phenomenon that affects all* child bearing women as in the case of many pregnancy memes eg morning sickness and the likes!

Sometimes really it's because the newly pregnant mum is overhelmed and not in top form that the current baby/toddler/child will fall ill! Besides children will typically *fall ill often" as toddlers, give or take a few exceptions! Running a fever/ reduced apetite is not always a crisis like we tend to make it I'm not saying ignore symptoms but sometimes it's nothing to fret over.

My son would typically run higher temperatures when he's teething for eg and that could span up to a week!

Sorry I was beginning to digress but that said I'd encourage us all to open our minds a bit more while raising our children and move beyond some archaic lines of thought! I know everything can't be scientific but please now this is almost 2018!!!

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:44am On Nov 10, 2017
Benignasweety:
But Thanks is different from Bless..

U can't do me a favor and instead of me to say Thanks ma, I say Bless ma.
Madam u de worry o...
I no kuku sabi English.

Sabi mamas wee chook mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2017
zaynie:

It's the heat.
You might want to go to the hospital since the other option I know, I can't recommend to a baby.
thanks zaynie, I v gone to see the doc. I am to use licafor suspension and mupiderm ointment

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2017
Jennifer89:

1. same thing is on my sons neck. I took him to the hospital. Antibiotics and baby tribotan was prescribed but yet its still there. Sabi mamas come and help us ooo

2. My doctor told me that its possible to get pregnant after 6months of having cs but its likely another cs will be done coz the incision site is not totally healed rather he advice me to wait till 15 months before conceiving again that's if I want VBACS
I tried baby tribotan too, it didn't work too. I'll let u knw the result of this licafor and mupiderm I am asked to buy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
babythug:
Re- pregnancy sickness

To each his own but as far as I'm concerned it's a myth! If not why isn't it a global phenomenon that affects all* child bearing women as in the case of many pregnancy memes eg morning sickness and the likes!

Sometimes really it's because the newly pregnant mum is overhelmed and not in top form that the current baby/toddler/child will fall ill! Besides children will typically *fall ill often" as toddlers, give or take a few exceptions! Running a fever/ reduced apetite is not always a crisis like we tend to make it I'm not saying ignore symptoms but sometimes it's nothing to fret over.

My son would typically run higher temperatures when he's teething for eg and that could span up to a week!

Sorry I was beginning to digress but that said I'd encourage us all to open our minds a bit more while raising our children and move beyond some archaic lines of thought! I know everything can't be scientific but please now this is almost 2018!!!

Well like you rightly said "to each his own".. all I can Say is it happened to me and those older mothers that preach it are wiser than us in this aspect....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
katchycouture:

Well like you rightly said "to each his own".. all I can Say is it happened to me and those older mothers that preach it are wiser than us in this aspect....

That's it!!!

Meanwhile how is that individual that his mummy's Bobby wanted to fly grin grin

Can't stop laughing at that thing truly lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
babythug:

That's it!!!

Meanwhile how is that individual that his mummy's Bobby wanted to fly grin grin

Can't stop laughing at that thing truly lol

Lmao.... hehehehehe. .he is fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
My baby had this. Onion water worked for a bit but it came back. Get baby Tribotan. It dried up my baby's own after 3days of application.

All ye mama's playing dangerous games after CS, I carry Beyonce hand give una. Hubby hung his third leg in the air two nights ago with different begging styles, talmabout I will not release inside. I did not even respond. I lock that place with better padlock. He had to go and buy condom by 11pm. I don't enjoy the do with condoms but mhen, I'd rather do with condom than do without peace of mind grin

MamaDG:
1. mama good morning, I woke up yesterday morning and found this on my baby's hands and legs. pics below. people said its alefo. what can I use mothers.
2. pls is it safe for one to get pregnant 6 months after cs because I have been begging my husband that I no longer trust his withdrawal method, son of man no go hear o.he asked me not to do any FP till I give birth to our second child.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
spiceeamiee:
My baby had this. Onion water worked for a bit but it came back. Get baby Tribotan. It dried up my baby's own after 3days of application.

All ye mama's playing dangerous games after CS, I carry Beyonce hand give una. Hubby hung his third leg in the air two nights ago with different begging styles, talmabout I will not release inside. I did not even respond. I lock that place with better padlock. He had to go and buy condom by 11pm. I don't enjoy the do with condoms but mhen, I'd rather do with condom than do without peace of mind grin

Wickedd Shild

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
Benignasweety look this up, it should answer your question
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I sent u a an email please check
Happy Birthday brother...
Age with grace...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
eksbabe:
Benignasweety look this up, it should answer your question
I get small sha. more like we glorify God, we praise God..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2017
its a long while ago, but thanks, I appreciate. hows baby? hope he can walk now cheesy
Benignasweety:
Happy Birthday brother...
Age with grace...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
everfaithfulGod:
Good morning mamas.
It's a long post pls don't mind reading tru

Pls help me torchlight this matter
I have a 2yrs old boy ( Oct 2015 born) and I am pregnant with my second ( will be due this Nov)
My child fell sick when I was 2 months preg and was admitted at d hospital for a week ( they diagnose sepsis).
2 days after he was discharged e got weak again and couldn't eat well. My mum encouraged me not to take him back and watch him since our check up appointment is in 5 days that its my pregnancy that is affecting him and that it is normal for every child no matter the age to do pregnancy sickness. That I should discuss with hubby if e can allow us to change his school to the one closer to her that she can help me take the child till I give birth. That he will be strong without rubbing himself with pregnancy. He was 1 ur 5 months then. I said lailai I can't leave my child.
I resumed work the following week since I've been away for 2 weeks taking care of my child and I took him along with me. Some co workers and ogas was so happy to see him back on his feet ( some came to visit us at d hospital). That was how they started this topic of weaning and pregnancy sickness on children. They said d sickness he did not sick when I wean him is what he just did ( a boy that I wean at 1 year 1 week)
That if its now pregnancy nko that I will smell pepper ( I quickly rebuke it. Thank God they did not no I don carry Belle already) that no matter how strong a child d pregnancy thing go do am.
Hmmm! When they all left I started thinking of what they all said and what my mum said too I start to believe small small.
In the night when hubby called ( e works in lag and came home on weekends) I explained what mum said and d confirmation of it that I heard at office. E accepted that my mum should take up d boy and e should be coming ones in 2 weekends.
And that's how we have been doing without any wahala. D boy bcm so fresh and fat bcs he eat better at my mum side than if e comes to our house and we are happy at our decision.

Fast forwards to last week that he came for mid term break. He has been with me since Wednesday tru Sunday that grandma came to pick him and I noticed d following day ( Thursday) e always develop temperature in d evening and e will want me to carry him on my lap to sleep and did not eat even his best food after like 2 spoons e will eat fish or if its egg I put and leave the rest. That was how we managed till e left on Sunday.
I told my mum to b administering paracetamol once she feels d temperature since he just completed his malaria drug 2 weeks ago.
E was happy to go back to follow grandma and my mum told me in d night when I called that e just finish amala and ewedu and no body forced him ( though 2 grand children are also with my mum and has swings and plenty toys at home. She is a retired teacher. Its like they enjoyed leaving with her). E continue eating normal since that Sunday he got back and on Wednesday night when I called I was told he had temperature so she bath him and gave him paracetamol and back him. He went to school yesterday and he was okay until later in d evening that d temperature started again.
I've told her not to allow him to go today and watch him so that I can take him to d hospital but she kept saying nothing is wrong with d boy that its because of d long time e stayed with me that caused it. That I've allowed him to rub himself with pregnancy that once I give birth d load on his head will be lifted.

I am so confused right now. Experienced mothers here should pls enlighten me.
Has anyone gone tru this before in the journey of motherhood?
Should I take the boy to his pead. Or I keep giving paracetamol at every temperature?

Sorry for my long epistle I am trying to let u get d whole episode ni.
Thanks

Hmm...

My son was sick and even admitted for three days when i was 5months pregnant with my 2nd child. My mom and mil said its bcus i was pregnant.

I kinda believe it sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
zaynie:

Maami, I dey o.
How your side?
Baba orobo nko? kiss

Mama,thanks for the sore throat receipe! Na correct pesin u be!

Its working like magic! Chai,God bless you ma. kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
its a long while ago, but thanks, I appreciate. hows baby? hope he can walk now cheesy
No be only walk... he just joined Naija Olympics in racing...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lol you never can tell with kids these days, my best wishes. I am still waiting on you
Benignasweety:
No be only walk... he just joined Naija Olympics in racing...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nooo. I be better person grin

zaynie:

Wickedd Shild

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Lol you never can tell with kids these days, my best wishes. I am still waiting on you
Will mail u dix evening... shebi each to one topic abi?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
I will call you sef to discuss it
Benignasweety:
Will mail u dix evening... shebi each to one topic abi?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
perfectcrown:

Mama,thanks for the sore throat receipe! Na correct pesin u be!

Its working like magic! Chai,God bless you ma. kiss

Yay!
So locked down.
Grated ginger and lemon juice works for sore throat grin

Ginger is must have for every home o, it's a very effective anti inflammatory and anti oxidant.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
spiceeamiee:

All this mamas na laugh I dey laugh oh. Una too spoil oh grin grin grin grin grin. Me I am guilty oh. Dh is coming back from work next week and i'm praying for AF not to come cos I want to kpekus. Body no be fire wood oh. Condom kpekus is punishment oh

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Ill do same next times he comes. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by everfaithfulGod(f): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Pregnancy sickness is a myth please. Take your baby to the hospital let them run tests on him

Thanks for your input ma'am. I appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by everfaithfulGod(f): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
katchycouture:

It is not a myth ooooo, it happened to me too.. my son was almost 5 yrs ooo when I was pregnant and he started falling sick and everybody said it was because of the pregnancy, I didn't believe them ooo yet the sickness continued even after being treated athe hospital, at a point I decided to do the things I was asked to do since my mom wasn't close by to send him to, I started bathing with him to let the water from my stomach touch him, I stopped sleeping with him on the same bed, and I stopped allowing him cling to my body because he was very very clingy as my only child then...believe me my boy became fine.. then we came to lagos to stay with my mum and younger once and my sonew didn't even remember I existed atall because we had a full house, all of a sudden he started growing fat that even his father was amazed anytime he calls thru video call... so my sister it is not just a myth

Thank you very much ma. I appreciate ur contribution. I'm glad I can see someone that have d experience. May God bless them for us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by everfaithfulGod(f): 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
zaynie:
Pregnancy sickness is not a myth.

My son was on his way to 3 when I got pregnant.
Different nonsense sickness from everywhere but I concluded it's because the pregnancy weighs you down and you're unable to do all you used to do for him. For example, my son used to take different snacks and fruits to school but morning sickness saw to it that I could no longer cook so buying food from vendors exposed him to so many bugs also bread became our regular food meaning he no longer got a balanced diet.
I couldn't Waka to find his favorite snacks or fruits so he made do with whatever was available, I was always hot so he had to sleep in the AC every night. I was easily irritable so he had to conform in my presence...... He may have had to hide some tiny symptoms I would have noticed and battled with sharperly or he might not have hidden them, I could have unknowingly ignored them.....

That's what I feel happens o
Thank you mama Atinuke. I appreciate ur response. Just called now and was told e is doing fine. I was not allowed to even talk to him on phone. Na small e remain d load on his head go drop. Eseun ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itissettled3: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Thank God he is better but please ma, ask mom to take him to the hospital for basic test.

everfaithfulGod:
Thank you mama Atinuke. I appreciate ur response. Just called now and was told e is doing fine. I was not allowed to even talk to him on phone. Na small e remain d load on his head go drop. Eseun ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by everfaithfulGod(f): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
Thanks for your contributions. I've learnt some things as well
babythug:
Re- pregnancy sickness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.