Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431799 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2017
queensnow:
No idea for pvc widal test is to detect several things lik malaria,infection,thypoid e.t.c

Thanks Ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2017
Blessings
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:42am On Nov 26, 2017
Hyphee:

I've not, can I get it @ shoprite?

No make me laugh abeg.
Check those women that sell baby items in open markets

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:46am On Nov 26, 2017
queensnow:
For sale @ reduced price

Please mamas, I made a promise to the moms here that we wouldn't disturb them.
Kindly pull the pictures down and let's wait till 1pm before putting pictures of sales or giveaways up.
Thanks for your consideration.

Cc
Myrygurl
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:48am On Nov 26, 2017
Let's not forget today is MHC day, we begin by 12 noon with review from October and a Pep Talk.
Then the freebies and sales begin by 1pm and rounds up by 6pm.
Don't miss it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2017
Eminya:

My DD's pcv is 26%, I feel so sad. She may be admitted this evening when we go back to the hospital.
Thanks Mummy Ekene
Wow sorry sis its well with her.

It's most likely an infection is what caused hers to be that low, because newborns are born loaded with it from their take from mom till about six month's.

It starts to drop after six months of age, which is why its recommended to start fortified cereals cos breast milk doesn't offer enough iron.

Or you didn't take your prenatal religiously or eat an iron rich food hence her shortage.

However it can be easily upped by giving her iron rich formula or you take supplement like pregnacare or wellwoman for nursing moms.

Don't feel sad she will be fine once the proper diagnosis is made and treatment commences.

My love to her kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:53am On Nov 26, 2017
@ mama Zaynie weldone Ma
Happy Sunday mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hip! Hip! Hip!, celestine Testimony @ one

29 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
Liftedhands:
You are not my friend again cry cry triplets fall on you this year angry

Walks away shaking my bonbom.
Come and put the triplet inside my belle na.....
Bad friend angry

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
roseval:

Hbd Shugar.
Continue to grow in grace kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
Eminya:

My DD's pcv is 26%, I feel so sad. She may be admitted this evening when we go back to the hospital.
Thanks Mummy Ekene

So sorry to hear this.
Please recheck the PCV elsewhere to be very sure.
Does she have typhoid? 8 weeks is too early to get typhoid infection, has she been drinking water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
zaynie:

Walks away shaking my bonbom.
Come and put the triplet inside my belle na.....
Bad friend angry
I don't have anything to say to you! BUT WHO IS THE PERSON THAT LIKED THE POST?

CONFESS NOW BEFORE SEXTUPLETS FALL ON YOU angry

AND THEY WILL BE ALL BOYS tongue
AWON LIKERS ASSOCIATION.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
roseval:
Happy birthday Darling many more years to you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Liftedhands:
Wow sorry sis its well with her.

It's most likely an infection is what caused hers to be that low, because newborns are born loaded with it from their take from mom till about six month's.

It starts to drop after six months of age, which is why its recommended to start fortified cereals cos breast milk doesn't offer enough iron.

Or you didn't take your prenatal religiously or eat an iron rich food hence her shortage.

However it can be easily upped by giving her iron rich formula or you take supplement like pregnacare or wellwoman for nursing moms.

Don't feel sad she will be fine once the proper diagnosis is made and treatment commences.

My love to her kiss

I didn't take my prenatals religiously. I will get the supplement thanks dear.

Zaynie, she has been on just breast milk. When I get back to the hospital I will confirm again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
We officially open the 2nd Edition of Mama's Helping Corner.

Welcome on board.
First we start with prayers.
We pray that the Almighty God guides us into doing the right thing.
We pray that all our givers never lack ,that they receive triple for every thing they give out.
We pray that all who have the intention but don't have the means receive favour and open doors to greatness.
We pray that those who receive enjoy to the fullness their gift and they in turn be givers too.
We pray that the organizers receive the favour to remain steadfast and true.
Amin

Secondly, a quick recap.
October was the first ever MHC.
We had a lot of askers and few givers. So we tried as much as possible to stretch the items to reach the askers.
So far, no one has received anything but by next week we would start sending the items out as we have received 3 packages from 3 moms here, including the shoes and more are on the way : 1 from my neighborhood and 4 from Abuja. So once they land hopefully this week, we'll sort the items out and waybill to each mama.
2 mamas donated money. 10k and 2k. We would be using this money for waybill and repair of some items that come in. I'd like to say a big thank you to them.

We had some trainings, (our jolly phonics training is undergoing it's hiccup session so pardon us) , I'd like the trainers and the trainees to come share what their experience was like if they're online.

Lastly, this month we didn't have a lot of askers because my pm went crazy so we're hoping we can clear our backlog of askers.

Thank you all for your show of love.

Coming up, The MHC Team.....

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Teamie dear, Is she on any drugs? Cos my lo had such 2days after she started taking drugs for malaria. I think it's reaction sha!

You can try the powder mama zaynie suggested. see picture below.
Hyphee:
Happy Sunday mamas, pls what can I use for this rash on my DD, it's all over her neck, hands and spreading to her chest, it's kinda reddish and makes her skin dry, I've used baby tribotan but haven't seen any improvement.

2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Liftedhands:

AWON LIKERS ASSOCIATION.

Kikikikikikiki tongue tongue tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
roseval:

Happy birthday. big handsome guy kiss kiss kiss

may you be a constant source of joy and pride to your family

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
zaynie:

Kindly pull the pictures down and let's wait till 1pm before putting pictures of sales or giveaways up.

Cc
Myrygurl

just seeing this
pls pardon me abeg
I didn't know

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
queensnow:
Size 38
no wonder it didn't fit as my shoe size is 39/40
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
Clears throat,picks mic and begins story!
So,Jay slept after taking his bath.I dropped him on d bed n covered him(d weather is crazy).After like an hour,d dad was hearing a banging sound coming from the bedroom(we were in d parlour)he rushed in to check n he called me to come n c wat is happening.I had to pick my fone to capture dis moment.Dis boy will not kee me.He has mastered d act of dropping down from d bed and where he is now in d pic is his favourite spot in d room plus his cloth dryer.He wan walk b4 dec grin grin

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
zaynie:

We want o. I have plenty askers o.

Chases Liftedhands with broomstick angry
awww pls the should pity mama ekene 4 this one... liftedhands you can send me a pm, I didn't see your contacts

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
Naomi14:
Teamie dear, Is she on any drugs? Cos my lo had such 2days after she started taking drugs for malaria. I think it's reaction sha!

You can try the powder mama zaynie suggested. see picture below.

yes o this powder is d bomb...and its very cheap 350 compare to agnesia 2k

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
Oh okay
zaynie:

Cc
Myrygurl

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
Sansa143:
Clears throat,picks mic and begins story!
So,Jay slept after taking his bath.I dropped him on d bed n covered him(d weather is crazy).After like an hour,d dad was hearing a banging sound coming from the bedroom(we were in d parlour)he rushed in to check n he called me to come n c wat is happening.I had to pick my fone to capture dis moment.Dis boy will not kee me.He has mastered d act of dropping down from d bed and where he is now in d pic is his favourite spot in d room plus his cloth dryer.He wan walk b4 dec grin grin

adventurous baby....its their time to explore o jare

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
The MHC Team
In no particular order

Brief introduction
Moniker: Zaynie
How long on NL: 5 years
Kids?: 2--- Boy is 5+, girl is 2+
What your average day looks like: wake up, run around like a demented person while getting the kids set for school, school runs, back home and then to my own school while pressing my phone like 100 times a minute. Certified Phone Addict embarassed
What MHC means to you: To me, its a decent Robin Hood kind of setting, a situation where the one who has can give to the one who needs. Both helping each other.

Moniker : Liftedhands aka mama ekene
How long on NL : 2006
How many kids : 2year old
Average day : I get paid to just lay in the sun and take pictures with a glass of lemonade embarassed hectic lifestyle kiss
What MHC means to me : Love

Moniker: Hunniesuzie
How long on NL: 2016
Kids?: One 9 month old
What your average day looks like:Factory worker
What MHC means to you: MHC is an opportunity to share

Moniker : Naomi14
How long on NL: 13months thereabout
How many kids: 1 for now☺ Age: 6months+
Average day: Ugh! a desperate need for more sleep everyday.
MHC: A place where equal love is shown to all.

Moniker: CrystalZoe
How long on NL: 3 years
How many kids: 1 aged 9 months and expecting the second
Average day: singing"one day at a time sweet Jesus"� na suru we dey
MHC:a pocket saver in Buhari's economy

Moniker: missmalachi
How long on NL: 7yrs
How many kids with age :Two girls: 2yrs plus n 4 months plus
What your average day looks like in a few sentences. Busy busy busy but i make use of every free opportunity to catch fun���
What MHC means to you: i am so honoured to be part of this.i have always wnted contributing my quota to my world and MHC gave me d opportunity.i know we are moving forward and there is no stopping us.

Moniker: Proudmom38
How long on NL: 3yrs
How many kids with age: One kid: 2yrs 4months
Average day: Home keeper and internet surfer �
MHC where mothers care!

Moniker: 4realwoman
How long on NL: 2years+
How many kids with age: Still Bumping to the glory of God
Average day: busy but i also make out time to have fun *because i cannot come and kill myself because of Lagos wahala* grin
MHC : mother's showing love to one another.

Moniker: itissettled3
How long on NL: 2014
How many kids with age : 4kids: 14 years, 8months, yet to be fertilized and kpekus age.
What your average day looks like in a few sentences : Shopping, shopping and shopping. Then I start wondering why in God's name did I buy all these, After wondering, I go back to shop.
What MHC means to you: Love

Moniker : Tyconcepts a.k.a Funmicoconuts
How long on NL : Since 2014 and still counting
How many kids : One...2yrs (President Mofe). The rest is loading and the kpekus ministry is moving.
Average day : I spend everyday thinking of coconuts and how to infuse it into the lives of everyone I meet either via oil, flour, fufu, amala, muffin and many more ways.... And lawd, it's pretty exhausting angrybut like the alerts that follows, it turns me on smiley grin
What MHC means to mean : The whole foundation of this world is based on LOVE and that's what MHC entails. The love here is enough to go round.

Moniker: Ozycy

Moniker : Talltosyne.

I'll be back to edit.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
queensnow:
Oh okay

Oshey! kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
Dis him own pass exploring oh,na rigima(stubbornness)
myrygurl:

adventurous baby....its their time to explore o jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
Liftedhands:

AWON LIKERS ASSOCIATION.
Ewoo! I follow like ooo, please for my sake, let the blessing cheesy go biko cos me can't unlike ni ooo.

Happy belated birthday to Ekene nwam. He is growing in strength.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
Sansa143:
Dis him own pass exploring oh,na rigima(stubbornness)
He's only helping in rearranging d room now, before u will complain my bobo do nothing @ home
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
cheesy
Pweetiebabe:
He's only helping in rearranging d room now, before u will complain my bobo do nothing @ home
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Trainers/ Trainees come and share with us your last training please.

Tatacherie
Lilliesbud12
Pweetiebabe
Kelizosuy
Twinsblessings
Spiceaimee, how baby now? Has the stooling stopped?
Targatarga
Sunny15
Eminya
Zheemub

We need feedback please. smiley

As for me, our training just picked up as this was my first time hosting one so we has a lot of setbacks plus my pupils are finding being a teacher tough grin.
By next month, we should have made a headway

(1) (2) (3) ... (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: folaz and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.