Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393912 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
Una good afternoon oh.Mamas wey dere babies don get teeth,how did it come out?Was it one at a time or two came out at d same time?Noticed one of Jay's is out already(d lower one)but d oda is yet to shoot out?
jazzyjazz
Akorkor
enque
Oda sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

On my son's card, they wrote
MMR
Chicken pox
Vitamin A (we took at 6 months but I guess he has to take it again)
Pneumococcal conjugate IV

ok, we are on course then...
that pneumococal 'menene menene' grin is same as PCV and this is her 4th dose.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sansa143:
Una good afternoon oh.Mamas wey dere babies don get teeth,how did it come out?Was it one at a time or two came out at d same time?Noticed one of Jay's is out already(d lower one)but d oda is yet to shoot out?
jazzyjazz
Akorkor
enque
Oda sabi mamas
'

2 at a time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sansa143:
yes dear,but dis is an advanced one wit more ingredients grin

wetin we fit use am cook?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
2 but one usually breaks through before the other, eventually they will grow together

Sansa143:
jaz.zyjazz
Ak.orkor
en.que
Oda sabi mamas

Thanks babe, she said the doctor said its a superficial wound but it will take time to heal. I've told her to seek another opinion

jazzyjazz:

Ah
If the stitches has degenerated, they should restitch now. Let her insist it she should seek a second opinion

I was advised by my gynaecologist not to sit on hot or warm water and I obeyed. All they asked me to do was to clean with spirit.

Abeg she should insist in getting restitched jf she's absolutely sure the stitches came off. Last thing she wants is a gaping hole know her hoohaa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
I use yaji to grill chicken/fish and cook noodles/concotion rice/spag. It's perfect for grilling sha

enque:

wetin we fit use am cook?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
orbie11:
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Finally done reading over 100 pages. Mamas una dooh oh .

Saying a big thank you to all the mamas keeping the thread alive , may your pot of wisdom never run dry.

Iya Moyo et Muna aka Iyaalogbo 1, i greet you oh. Thanks for the wonderful MHC initiative. God bless you plenty.

Also a big thank you to the Mama that recommended Neurofen for babies, that drug is bae. Brought my DS temperature from 37.7 to 36.1 in about 30 mins last night,also had to wipe him with a damp cloth and let him air a bit too. All in all sha , thank you all for your inputs.

My pride and Joy saying Hallo........

Hello handsome kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
I use yaji to grill chicken/fish and cook noodles/concotion rice/spag. It's perfect for grilling sha

Wawu!
Yaji issa 'ogwo n'oria' Medicine wey de cure all sickness somtin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
enque:
hallos mamas,

Bikonu o what vaccines are given at 12 months, pls correct me if i am wrong.

PCV Booster
measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)
Chickenpox
Vitamin A - we took this at 6 months, but i'm told we may have to take it again?
OPV

hotm..omma
lifted..ands
fedd..y27
sug..ah
mizm..ycoli
zay..nie

I no carry thias thing for head o... I will need to confirm when I get home
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
Enque jazzyjazz has answered you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
Liftedhands:
Enque jazzyjazz has answered you.

Eshe Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
feddy27:

I no carry thias thing for head o... I will need to confirm when I get home

thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
2 but one usually breaks through before the other, eventually they will grow together

Tnks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Mamas abeg a friend of mine had VD and serious tear. It was stitched but warm water degenerated the stitches (or so she thought). On going back to the hospital they said there was no need to restitch, that it will heal. Please what can she do to manage her discomfort in the interim, shes about 2 months pp and still in pain

Sabi mamas please help, na my belle they cut so I don't have a clue

zaynie, alphahandmaiden, queensnow, jazzyjazz, giddyperson and all mamas who have experience with this

My dear, I also had episiotomy. I doubt if it was actually the warm water that degenerated it. Hot water actually does. Its luke warm water she should use sef. Most times that comfit pad contributes. The pad fat no b small. It broke all my sulture. I had to stop using it and switched to always. But when I went back to stitch, they said it could heal by it self as the inner stitch was still intact only the outer layer. However, the Dr. finally said if I was too worried, they could restitch which was what they did. They will scrape the surface o...make she know. So the wound becomes fresh again. They actually gave me a date to come after they were sure no bacteria on the surface b4 they went ahead with the restitching. Meanwhile it was still warm water plus salt and deltol I used. I think my episiotomy stayed almost two months including the restitching.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sansa143:
jazzyjazz
Akorkor
enque
Oda sabi mamas

Mine was 2 at a time. But all babies are different sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
enque:
hallos mamas,

Bikonu o what vaccines are given at 12 months, pls correct me if i am wrong.

PCV Booster
measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)
Chickenpox
Vitamin A - we took this at 6 months, but i'm told we may have to take it again?
OPV

In addition to what they have on the card, they also gave us cholera vaccine. Ask the nurses about it. Although it's quite expensive and my HMO didn't cover it. 12k per dose and we got 2 doses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
sugah:

In addition to what they have on the card, they also gave us cholera vaccine. Ask the nurses about it. Although it's quite expensive and my HMO didn't cover it. 12k per dose and we got 2 doses.

was it at kupa?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
enque:

was it at kupa?
Yes. That's where you get your vaccines, right?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
orbie11:
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Finally done reading over 100

Awww, cute baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sansa143:
jazzyjazz
Akorkor
enque
Oda sabi mamas

Experience this with my baby. it will eventually come out it may take sometimes . my baby has two teeth lower before he started he then brought out one upper tooth, then brought out another two lower teeth making 5 altogether before bringing out the second upper teeth later now bring everything to 6
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
sugah:

Yes. That's where you get your vaccines, right?

yeah, we do kupa too.
2 doses at once?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
enque:

yeah, we do kupa too.
2 doses at once?
The second is I think a month or two weeks after the first
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
sugah:

The second is I think a month or two weeks after the first

ok thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
enque:

ok, we are on course then...
that pneumococal 'menene menene' grin is same as PCV and this is her 4th dose.

Yes o na pcv 4

How's baby Zara?
Ilan Don de do that up and down temperature rising again
I'm wondering if a new set of teeth is emerging again as the boy no allow me check. I'm not ready to sacrifice my fingers again just cos I want count teeth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sansa143:
jazzyjazz
Akorkor
enque
Oda sabi mamas

It's usually 2
But babies are different anyways
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Yes o na pcv 4

How's baby Zara?
Ilan Don de do that up and down temperature rising again
I'm wondering if a new set of teeth is emerging again as the boy no allow me check. I'm not ready to sacrifice my fingers again just cos I want count teeth

she's better o......neurofen has been helping us
lol, e fit b teeth again...guy man wan chop xmas chicken o grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
enque:

she's better o......neurofen has been helping us
lol, e fit b teeth again...guy man wan chop xmas chicken o grin

Person where Don get 6 teeth already
The biting that this boy bites me ehn it's only God that is saving my skin from tearing Walahi

I finally bought that neurofen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Person where Don get 6 teeth already
The biting that this boy bites me ehn it's only God that is saving my skin from tearing Walahi

I finally bought that neurofen

dat melesin izza live zaver melesin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Mamas abeg a friend of mine had VD and serious tear. It was stitched but warm water degenerated the stitches (or so she thought). On going back to the hospital they said there was no need to restitch, that it will heal. Please what can she do to manage her discomfort in the interim, shes about 2 months pp and still in pain

Sabi mamas please help, na my belle they cut so I don't have a clue

zaynie, alphahandmaiden, queensnow, jazzyjazz, giddyperson and all mamas who have experience with this

She should swipe with cotton wool and dettol very often everyday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Yesitsme:
So I came to testify to the Glory of God... My daughter refused food for some months now.. Eats only swallow, rice and ripe plantain. I visited d pead, them say leave her she is saving you cost. I wasn't OK with that hanza cos her weight was dropping and she wasn't taking milk only water! MIL suggested I dewormed her, Dr say no need till one year. So I decided to do it after some tots(nothing lost) I gave it to her and d very not day she started eating her normal baby foods. Praise the Lord grin
My dear Sis,same happened to me o. I dewormed my DS at 6months,the paed said no need o. He was throwing up once a day for 1 week,I took him to the hospital after running tests everything came out clean. His paediatrician said since no fever it could be viral. Even as a nurse,I was so confused. My son's nanny was the one that said mummy Ife let us deworm this boy na,I called his paed he said no o. After another week of vomiting I ran to the pharmacy and bought a worm expeller na so my worries take go o. From the very next day no more vomiting o. I am for you jare,kisses to your Lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
Thank you Ma
Mummy Moyo, bless you @Zaynie

fruitfulhome:

My dear, I also had episiotomy. I doubt if it was actually the warm water that degenerated it. Hot water actually does. Its luke warm water she should use sef. Most times that comfit pad contributes. The pad fat no b small. It broke all my sulture. I had to stop using it and switched to always. But when I went back to stitch, they said it could heal by it self as the inner stitch was still intact only the outer layer. However, the Dr. finally said if I was too worried, they could restitch which was what they did. They will scrape the surface o...make she know. So the wound becomes fresh again. They actually gave me a date to come after they were sure no bacteria on the surface b4 they went ahead with the restitching. Meanwhile it was still warm water plus salt and deltol I used. I think my episiotomy stayed almost two months including the restitching.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opella(f): 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2017
Good evening mamas.

Porting from pregnancy thread.

please does anyone know a remedy for constipation? cos that's what I'm battling with now, and it hasn't been easy cos of my stitches.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.