Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430702 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:24am On Dec 25, 2017
lululuv:
May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow. May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill, And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy, Wishing You all lots of love, joy and happiness. Merry Christmas! .�����

Giddyperson, welcome bak to the east. We are in too
Thanks for the special welcome. Merry xmas to u

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:25am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Xmas to you and your families...from the Osanebi's.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:48am On Dec 25, 2017
CheeryChy:
Good evening mamas. Compliments of the season. I understand that babies can have fever and pain after the 6 weeks immunization. Please what medicine can I buy for my baby when going for the 6 weeks immunization to help with the fever and pain?
Cc zaynie, Alphahandmaiden, helovesme, jazzyjazz and all other mamas.

Like other mamas said, panda paracetamol is fine.
Some prefer to use it before immunization but I use it after or when the fever begins .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:48am On Dec 25, 2017
CheeryChy:
Mamas please help a worried mum

My baby squirms, strains and grunts a lot just to pass gas. It really became worse yesterday and today. Yesterday he pooped after about 5 days after straining and grunting with so much physical exertion. He grunted until his face became red and his body hot, though he became normal thereafter. The poop was the same normal yellow consistency. But since that yesterday, he has been squirming and struggling to fart like a woman in labor. And then he'll sleep off looking so tired and worn out. Even while feeding him, he'll actually stop mid-feed to struggle and cry to fart and he'll end up not completing the feed. Is this normal?

How do I help him fart easily and poop more often so it doesn't accumulate in his system? Is it my diet? It's really painful watching him get red in the face just to fart. He's 5 weeks plus, exclusively breastfed.

Please don't read and pass pls.
Hes also very young and learning, it would get easier with time

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 8:41am On Dec 25, 2017
enque:

Happy Birthday
God bless U

amen. thank you ma'am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 8:43am On Dec 25, 2017
CheeryChy:

Happy Birthday! Long life and prosperity!

amen. thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 8:43am On Dec 25, 2017
Naomi14:
Happy birthday to you

thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 8:44am On Dec 25, 2017
JGracious:

Praying you a joyous new season of life. Soar higher and higher.

amen. thanks a million
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2017
1. Ebf babies don't poo everyday from about the 6th week
2. Watch your diet. Drink lots of fluid, eat lots of veggies
3. The grunting and squirming sounds like colic. Please search colic on this thread and see advice on how to manage it. My own advise is usually to burp baby sometimes mid feed, cycle his legs when you see him straining. Babies digestive systems take time to develop. My baby's colic stopped when he was about 3 months

CheeryChy:
Mamas please help a worried mum

My baby squirms, strains and grunts a lot just to pass gas. It really became worse yesterday and today. Yesterday he pooped after about 5 days after straining and grunting with so much physical exertion. He grunted until his face became red and his body hot, though he became normal thereafter. The poop was the same normal yellow consistency. But since that yesterday, he has been squirming and struggling to fart like a woman in labor. And then he'll sleep off looking so tired and worn out. Even while feeding him, he'll actually stop mid-feed to struggle and cry to fart and he'll end up not completing the feed. Is this normal?

How do I help him fart easily and poop more often so it doesn't accumulate in his system? Is it my diet? It's really painful watching him get red in the face just to fart. He's 5 weeks plus, exclusively breastfed.

Please don't read and pass pls.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:35am On Dec 25, 2017
Hi Mama. Is her nose clear? If yes then she's fine. Newborns sneeze frequently. Remember that she has spent more time breathing amniotic fluid than normal air. She needs to adjust. Having said that, if a baby is sweating please don't over wrap her. No need for silverbird if her nose isn't running or blocked

Anugod:
Compliments of the season mommas.

Please, my dd coughs like once or twice every day, plus one or two sneezing too. Should I be worried? I'm afraid I've exposed her to too much cold because of the weather and how she sweats. She sweats while breastfeeding, and if she feels small heat like this, she won't be able to sleep again.
But with this once once cough everyday, I'm afraid I have overdone trying to keep her cool. I used silverbird around her bedside and on her bib, and since then, sleep has eluded her. We're 5 weeks plus.

Please what can I do? Help a worried ftm embarassed embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas mamas. May the joy of the season fill your homes. We got discharged yesterday about 5 pm, thanks for checking JGracious

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2017
eksbabe:
Worry no more. Sneezing, my baby did a lot of that and up till now he’s not had catarrh/ cough. That once in a while cough also occured and i was gon get meds, but doc told me not to since it wasnt a serious one. But me i just got Vit c and was giving him but it was never a serious thing. I guess it’s a baby thing except it is a badcough sha
Hmmmm, ok. Thanks ma, was beginning to get worried cos she just wouldn't sleep if she feels heat. I put on the fan for her (at the lowest tho), and she would wake up immediately they seize power. I was afraid the cold was getting to her pretty much. Will watch it tho I pray it doesn't exceed this level.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:00am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone!

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 10:05am On Dec 25, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hi Mama. Is her nose clear? If yes then she's fine. Newborns sneeze frequently. Remember that she has spent more time breathing amniotic fluid than normal air. She needs to adjust. Having said that, if a baby is sweating please don't over wrap her. No need for silverbird if her nose isn't running or blocked

Yes ma, her nose is very clear and dry. She sweats a lot and I don't even cover her again. She can't even sleep without fan, tho my mum frowns against it. Few days ago I noticed she got a little too warm whenever I covered her under the fan, and became normal when I took her up. I couldn't understand the fluctuating warmth and cold, so I let her sleep with a light dress uncovered. Then I noticed the cough, and I feared I had overdone things.
This weather is just confusing abeg. undecided Abi is something wrong? My husband was just looking at me with isoko eyes when I would tell him one minute that she's hot, and the next minute that she has caught cold undecided

At least I'm reassured the sneezing is normal, thanks ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2017
to all nairaland mommas (i know say una busy dey fry the 'shicken'): merry christmas kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:13am On Dec 25, 2017
Then she's fine Ma and you're doing a good job. My doctor stopped me from wearing cap for my baby when he was 2 days old cos of how he sweats. Mumsi shouted but I ignored her. He's never slept without fan except you know you don't want to sleep at night. I had to buy a rechargeable one for him for when nepa does their own. Just make sure the fan isn't too high or blowing her directly.

Fyngal1 happy birthday in arrears

Anugod:
Yes ma, her nose is very clear and dry. She sweats a lot and I don't even cover her again. She can't even sleep without fan, tho my mum frowns against it. Few days ago I noticed she got a little too warm whenever I covered her under the fan, and became normal when I took her up. I couldn't understand the fluctuating warmth and cold, so I let her sleep with a light dress uncovered. Then I noticed the cough, and I feared I had overdone things.
This weather is just confusing abeg. undecided Abi is something wrong? My husband was just looking at me with isoko eyes when I would tell him one minute that she's hot, and the next minute that she has caught cold undecided

At least I'm reassured the sneezing is normal, thanks ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone! God bless y'all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
MERRY CHRISTMAS to u all. may all your heart desires be granted this beautiful Season and always.
greetings from calabar!!!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
Naomi14:
same to you my cappo.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas mamas. God bless you and all yours.

Please who knows if Santa will still be out and where I can take the children to visit him on the mainland Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misstolaly(f): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas Amazing Mums....wishing you all a joyous celebration.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Merry Christmas mamas. May the joy of the season fill your homes. We got discharged yesterday about 5 pm, thanks for checking JGracious

Praise be to God. Healing is permanent in Jesus name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
NoQualms1:
Merry Christmas mamas. God bless you and all yours.

Please who knows if Santa will still be out and where I can take the children to visit him on the mainland Thanks

U sure santa go get fuel to come out so? grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
Naomi14:

I see U and dd wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
enque:

U sure santa go get fuel to come out so? grin

Lol, just want to take them somewhere. They are eager to leave the house.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
NoQualms1:

Lol, just want to take them somewhere. They are eager to leave the house.

R u close to Maryland? Was at a fun park yesterday....very cool for kids
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
kidco:
One free book
One free teddy
For all Nairaland sabi mamas who visits Kidco stand at Shiloh
Welldone kidco.... i ordered yesterday night,books were delivered this afternoon quality is better than what i expected . I gbadun your customer service. Welldone grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas mothers!!!
Abeg help me with this matter o,my mum insists that I should get teething powder for my 4months old baby because he plays with spit as in like drooling,and also wants to put everyone's finger in his mouth...please is it not too early?
Tanx.
Cc all mothers o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
I see them too grin

enque:

I see U and dd wink

Amen. Thank ma
Damisinto:

Praise be to God. Healing is permanent in Jesus name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
It's not even necessary at all. But because I know Nigerian mothers simply tell her you have bought it and close chapter cheesy

bookholla:
Merry Christmas mothers!!!
Abeg help me with this matter o,my mum insists that I should get teething powder for my 4months old baby because he plays with spit as in like drooling,and also wants to put everyone's finger in his mouth...please is it not too early?
Tanx.
Cc all mothers o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
Don't say I didn't invite you to eat oh

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
hunniesuzie:
It's not even necessary at all. But because I know Nigerian mothers simply tell her you have bought it and close chapter cheesy

OK. Tanx ma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.