Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395704 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2018
enque:

I can't even remember when I stopped sef but e don tey o.
My liquid Milton is gathering dust on my kitchen shelf.

I just ensured that I bought a separate sponge for her own plates and cutlery
I did this too @ d bolded.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 11:49am On Jan 14, 2018
mamas pls is it normal for a child of almost 9months not to have any teeth and not crawling? I can't believe I'm asking this "dumb question" but I'm worried. my dd had her first tooth at 6months and walked @ 9months. and here we are at 9months no tooth nor crawling for my ds. yet he keeps getting sick and we keep treating infection and high temp every 3months. tired of going to see pead. he sits and roll very fine. has good neck control. he moves on his butts. lastly he's been stooling watery stools for a while(we on zinc and flagyl tab). he's lost some weight. evrytime his hand is in his mouth and his head is always hot. na so teeth hard to come out or is there something else I shd look out for?
cc zaynie. liftedhands jazzyjazz ciscamustexcel. everybody

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laureen007: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
Morning mamas... Finally decided to bind the spirit of peeping cool. Please my baby will be 2 months next Tuesday, I’m being told to start giving him water, while some say to wait till 6months. Is it ok to give him water now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2018
jazzyjazz:

I still sterilize o
But not every time
Biko is sterilization washing of baby feeding bottles?

If yes then I have no need for them o cux my baby takes water only from sachet water and we spoon-feed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
Giddyperson:
Biko when did you people stop sterilizing cuz I'm about to pack up all my bottles and stop. Any need to keep sterilizing cups and plates at going to nine months. Cc: Jazzyjazz, hunniesuzzie, enque, zaynie, sansa143, Flora whatever ina azazi ugbua. Thank you
Thanks y'all and @sunbestie for answering, just wanted to get a general idea of when people stop, apparently it's one year, I'm still stopping tho, since we are close to one yearmy own laziness has hooked me. Havent been so serious with it lately and my hosp visits have been less cheesy so why bother.

@Beningnasweety, not just washing, first u wash then u sterilize with either hot water or a sterilizing tablet etc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
Benignasweety:

my baby takes water only from sachet water.

My dear, its advised to boil water, let it cool down and store up for your baby to drink and for his cereals. U can't vouch for the hygienic condition of the factory that produced that sachet water to prevent unnecessary visitation to the hospital. Boiling and cooling is cheaper and better at the long run pls. Kisses to your son

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
Benignasweety:

If yes then I have no need for them o cux my baby takes water only from sachet water and we spoon-feed.

Sterilization is after you wash with soap and water, you either boil the feeding bottle for 5 minutes or you use sterilization tablets
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
Gr8fulHeart:
mamas pls is it normal for a child of almost 9months not to have any teeth and not crawling? I can't believe I'm asking this "dumb question" but I'm worried. my dd had her first tooth at 6months and walked @ 9months. and here we are at 9months no tooth nor crawling for my ds. yet he keeps getting sick and we keep treating infection and high temp every 3months. tired of going to see pead. he sits and roll very fine. has good neck control. he moves on his butts. lastly he's been stooling watery stools for a while(we on zinc and flagyl tab). he's lost some weight. evrytime his hand is in his mouth and his head is always hot. na so teeth hard to come out or is there something else I shd look out for?

Crawling is not a milestone
Some babies go from sitting to walking
Every child has his own time for walking. No 2 kids are the same. Just because your first walked at 9 months doesn't mean your second or third would equally walk at 9 months!

And yes it's possible for a 9 months old not to have teeth!
I've seen a 1 year old with no single tooth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
Gr8fulHeart:
mamas pls is it normal for a child of almost 9months not to have any teeth and not crawling? I can't believe I'm asking this "dumb question" but I'm worried. my dd had her first tooth at 6months and walked @ 9months. and here we are at 9months no tooth nor crawling for my ds. yet he keeps getting sick and we keep treating infection and high temp every 3months. tired of going to see pead. he sits and roll very fine. has good neck control. he moves on his butts. lastly he's been stooling watery stools for a while(we on zinc and flagyl tab). he's lost some weight. evrytime his hand is in his mouth and his head is always hot. na so teeth hard to come out or is there something else I shd look . everybody

Firstly there is no dump question anywhere because we are all learning.

My DD didn’t bring teeth out on time but before 1 year birthday she already has 8teeth.
For the crawling, note that some children don’t crawl, they just walk immediately. Maybe he’s taking his time. Also, the illness maybe what is slowing him down too. Just watch him closely and if your instinct still tells you something is wrong take him to paed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
Abeg mamas help oo my DS has been stooling watery poo since today oo like 3 times since morning and d thing dey smell well well; it is okay to give ors and zinc?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chrisdada16(f): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2018
Gr8fulHeart:
mamas pls

my dd had her first teeth at 9months 1 week so for the teeth i dnt think it is too late but for crawling she started crawling at 7months. children are differnt thou i cant say precisely what could cause it .. is ur baby on the big side cos my neighbours baby didnot crawl till he was 10months cos he was big and his weight was a bit much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
Benignasweety:

Nne please boil that water before giving him. I don't think satchet water is good enough for babies o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maradelkitchen(f): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
sunbestie:
Abeg mamas help oo my DS has been stooling watery poo since today oo like 3 times since morning and d thing dey smell well well; it is okay to give ors and zinc?
yes you can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2018
HOW SAFE ARE YOU WITH YOUR PERSONAL STAFF?

How safe are you with that nanny, maid, steward, cook, security guards, driver, lesson teacher, etc, whether at home or in the office?

We are all shouting "Security! Security!! Security"!!! but are we not all guilty?

1) All the above mentioned people working with us, do we have their guarantors?

Do you ever visit their referees even after a year or two of their engagement?

2) Do we ever revisit their home address provided or call to see if there has been a change in address or phone numbers?

3) Did you register the maid, drivers, nannies, etc, you keep in your homes with the relevant agencies such as the Police, Safety Commission or Neighbourhood Vigilante groups?

Do you have their photographs?

4) Do you attend your Estate/Street meetings or are you so reserved that you have no relationship with your neighbors and too busy to attend meetings?

5) Do you have a What'sApp group for residents only for emergency messages such as when a neighbour is being attacked or robbed, a fire incident, a neighbour is critically ill and needs urgent help and other emergencies?

6) Do you know that your cook, nanny, driver, steward, maid, day care center handlers or lesson teacher, etc, could be HIV positive?
He/She can have Hepatitis B or even tuberculosis?

What will it cost you to do a medical test for them before you employ them?

It is your life that is in danger if you engage a sick victim without knowing their medical history.

7) That househelp you get yearly from an agent. Have u ever bothered to check where the agent lives or whatever job he does.
Do u know the Househelp he gives could be a thief. Hired killer or kidnapper.

The housegirls/ nannies you allow to sleep in your childrens room could be an agent of the devil.
They could be criminals

cool Do you know that your driver could be a wanted person by the police in another state for theft or kidnapping?

Have you done a check on him with the Police and do you have a 5x7 photograph of him?

Never allow your daughters get too familiar with drivers.
Especially when they are below 16. They can be raped by these drivers.
Drivers Must never be allowed to take children to school alone.
There must always be a female adult in the car.

Do you know that your driver could be hypertensive, have Hbp, poor eye sight or he could have an enlarged heart and not fit to drive?

9) Is your security guard a citizen or a foreigner from Niger, Chad and Benin Republic? How did/can you confirm that? If he is a foreigner, is he
Registered by the requisite organisation and eligible to work here?

10) Never talk about money transactions or cost of your jewelleries or valuables in the presence of your domestic staff.

11) Never allow Househelp tidy your room when you are not there. It is a time they search your room to know where valuable things are kept and waiting for the right time to. Operate and run away.

12). Most theft usually have in-house informants. Please note that the longer your domestic staff work with you, the more dangerous they can be.

13) Are u aware that your domestic staff monitor your movement?, Do you also do same?. It is good to monitor them. Go home or office when they least expect u.

14) The HEAD of the family must always ensure that all gates leading into your house is CHECKED and LOCKED by him every night.

15). Criminal are deadly, They wait for a time to strike when you least expect and they are hardly ever thought to be the suspect.

Don't be a victim.
Do all the necessary checks immediately.

NEVER EVER GET DOMESTIC STAFF AND DRIVERS. FROM. THE SAME SOURCE
IT IS DEADLY.

Get a CCTV installed into your house and monitor from your phones.

Save your life and that of your loved ones.

Crime rate is on the increase daily.
Security and safety is everyone's business including you �and I �
REMEMBER, YOU ARE NUMBER ONE SECURITY TO YOURSELF!!!

If you Find this relevant and useful Pls pass to friends and family members.
I have just done mine.

9 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
We have bin having dat ish too,we have bin on ORS n Zinc since tues.D doc advice I continue for 2wks,pls go ahead n give n if it persist,take him to d hospital.
sunbestie:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hello mama's, gud evening. I nid a market location where i can buy ladies undies for sale in bulk. Am at ekiti
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
@ Gra8fulHeart, our first tooth came out at 13 months and we started walking at 12 months. So they were walking but toothless. Each child is unique. Your baby will walk and his tooth will be out soon. For the stooling please if it persists, see a doctor pls.

NB; some babies walk without crawling.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
maradelkitchen:
yes you can
Thank u dear
Sansa143:
We have bin having dat ish too,we have bin on ORS n Zinc since tues.D doc advice I continue for 2wks,pls go ahead n give n if it persist,take him to d hospital.
Thanks dear i will monitor him and if it persist till tomorrow I will take him to hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kittana: 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
Please, I reeeaaally need to know. How long do these bouts of diarrhea last? What more would a doc do for watery stools? Is there a chance that they'll administer a drip set or something, other than the usual Ors..zinc...floranorm...piccan....?
Again, I keep reading that teething has nothing to do with diarrhea, so all this watery stool and vomiting is really driving me crazy....My Zara has seven teeth already and I didn't even know how they came about, so what kind of teeth is she trying to have now that's giving me all this wahala.
Please I really need to know how long this condition is supposed to last for (if anyone has had any such experience ) before taking the fight to the doc. We've been on the matter for five days now!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2018
Welicome hanty peeper tongue tongue tongue

The water depends on your feeding method. Are you on exclusive? If you are then there's no need for water again
Laureen007:
Morning mamas... Finally decided to bind the spirit of peeping cool. Please my baby will be 2 months next Tuesday, I’m being told to start giving him water, while some say to wait till 6months. Is it ok to give him water now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2018
Lol..you sterilize after washing your plate and spoon with hot water in a clean bowl and cover.

About the water, I boil water with a separate kettle from the one that's used in the house then allow it cool before putting it in a can
Benignasweety:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2018
Urgent answers pls Sending things from American to nigeria will take how long Cc liftedhand, Twogreatnations, jazzyjazz and all mama's Ups and courier which is d fastest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chili89: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
Kittana:
Please, I reeeaaally need to know. How long do these bouts of diarrhea last? What more would a doc do for watery stools? Is there a chance that they'll administer a drip set or something, other than the usual Ors..zinc...floranorm...piccan....?
Again, I keep reading that teething has nothing to do with diarrhea, so all this watery stool and vomiting is really driving me crazy....My Zara has seven teeth already and I didn't even know how they came about, so what kind of teeth is she trying to have now that's giving me all this wahala.
Please I really need to know how long this condition is supposed to last for (if anyone has had any such experience ) before taking the fight to the doc. We've been on the matter for five days now!

Kindly continue the ORS and Zinc. For some babies it last up to two weeks and a pead always says teething has nothing to do with diarrhea.

May God grant her quick recovery
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
Mamas with babies that are stooling and over 6 months, in addition to ORS and zinc, include bread, banana, rice (rice cereal is fine), Apple puree in their diet. Also double down on your hygeine. Check if you introduced any new thing in their diet. So far there's no fever and baby is eating well, it will pass

Modified: if your baby is vomiting please alele to the hospital straight. That one is beyond Nairaland

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 7:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
roseval:
Urgent answers pls
Sending things from American to nigeria will take how long
Cc liftedhand, Twogreatnations, jazzyjazz and all mama's
Ups and courier which is d fastest

I don't know about it dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 7:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
roseval:
Urgent answers pls

Courier is the fastest... Fedex or DHL... Within one week you will get it
If you want UPS, it may take two weeks or more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
Ammy5565:

Nne please boil that water before giving him. I don't think satchet water is good enough for babies o.
He won't take it soo long as it's coming from a bottle or cup. I have tried Eva water too but e no work, so I stocked to Aqua Rapha sachet water.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
roseval:
Urgent answers pls

No idea ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
jazzyjazz:

Sterilization is after you wash with soap and water, you either boil the feeding bottle for 5 minutes or you use sterilization tablets
Wow. Tablets?? Am learning here o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
hotmomma:

My dear, its advised to boil water, let it cool down and store up for your baby to drink and for his cereals. U can't vouch for the hygienic condition of the factory that produced that sachet water to prevent unnecessary visitation to the hospital. Boiling and cooling is cheaper and better at the long run pls. Kisses to your son
Thanks ma. How do I get him to drink cuz he totally rejects water outside d sachet own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laureen007: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Welicome hanty peeper tongue tongue tongue

The water depends on your feeding method. Are you on exclusive? If you are then there's no need for water again
lol thanks... I do both breastfeeding and formula.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
Kittana:
Please I really need to know how long this condition is supposed to last for (if anyone has had any such experience ) before taking the fight to the doc. We've been on the matter for five days now !

Watery stool (diarrhoea) and vomiting for 5 days?

Madam stop the self medication and take your child to the hospital ASAP !!!

Diarrhoea and vomiting has absolutely nothing to do with teething.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.