Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402341 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mzleemah
Happy birthday ma, you are beautiful kiss.

Anugod, I saw your baby, cute as a button kiss.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Woulda jumped on this but no money.
tobbydy:

Am interested o,ibadan mummies can we pair?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good evening mummies in the house. I'm a new mom and my baby is just a week old.. I discovered rashes on my baby on the third day of delivery I told my grandma amd mother in law but they said its change of skin, biko how person dey shade skin with so much rashes? undecided initially I was cool with it but now its spreading all over his body. I asked them they keep saying the same thing.. I dn tire. I'm beginning to think its the hot weather couple with the hot bath every morning and night and with the coconut oil we apply on him. I can't seem to place where the problem is coming from. My baby feels uncomfortable at night and NEPA no dey try. I don't know if its the drugs they places me on after delivery that is passing through breastmilk to my baby? cry

Pls mamas help me..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good evening mamas
Please Enque and hunniesuzie I believe you guys have milk dispenser, please do you wash and sterilize it everyday after use or once once. I got one with four compartments. Is it enough or will he take more than that? I got 2 just incase.

Kelizuoy and any of my Oct 2017 teamies whose baby/babies take formular- babe, please how much formular does Adele take now.

Cc all mamas
Should I pack all my baby's bottles for him to creche or just one for milk and one for water? I know mommy liftedhands once talked about giving one less scoop than required to avoid constipation.

The teat of his bottle is size 2, will that be too big or too small (Avent Phillips and Tommie tippee).

Shebi the water won't be too hot abi? Biko make una help my ministry ooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ochis24: 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
Akorkor:

You are welcome

Thank u...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
HolySteph:
Good evening mummies in the house. I'm a new mom and my baby is just a week old.. I discovered rashes on my baby on the third day of delivery I told my grandma amd mother in law but they said its change of skin, biko how person dey shade skin with so much rashes? undecided initially I was cool with it but now its spreading all over his body. I asked them they keep saying the same thing.. I dn tire. I'm beginning to think its the hot weather couple with the hot bath every morning and night and with the coconut oil we apply on him. I can't seem to place where the problem is coming from. My baby feels uncomfortable at night and NEPA no dey try. I don't know if its the drugs they places me on after delivery that is passing through breastmilk to my baby? cry

Pls mamas help me..
Lukewarm water should be used not hot. You dont have to overdress the baby, the weather is hot. Let the room be well ventilated. If the coconut oil was not made by you, pls switch to olive oil and it shouldn't even be too much on the skin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ochis24: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
HolySteph:

Pls mamas help me..

Congratulations dear... My fellow PH mama. U can try using rising raving baby powder baby. I used it on my Dd n it worked perfectly 4 her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
tobbydy:

Am interested o,ibadan mummies can we pair?
Yes we can.. but what will be the sharing formula oo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mzleemah:
Its my birthday
May it be a prosperous new season of life for you. Do enjoy your day.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
How many clothes do they wear for him? Is he wrapped with shawl all day? Does he sweat? Don't know anything about changing skin sha

HolySteph:

Pls mamas help me..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
congrats working class mummy. I wash and sterilize everyday oh. Your baby should be eating every 3 hours so count the number of hours you'll be away and add an extra one

Pack as many bottles as he will need for a day. Don't let them wash and reuse as they may not wash well. Don't do the one less scoop thing except he has constipation. If he's pooing normally give him his required quantity.

Size 2 teat is fine.

Mzleemah happy birthday

Anugod we have "gbesele" anubaby oh. She is now Iyawo omo Igbo. I'm sure you've heard we take care of our wives. Nothing do you

beyedew:
Good evening mamas
Please Enque and hunniesuzie I believe you guys have milk dispenser, please do you wash and sterilize it everyday after use or once once. I got one with four compartments. Is it enough or will he take more than that? I got 2 just incase.

Kelizuoy and any of my Oct 2017 teamies whose baby/babies take formular- babe, please how much formular does Adele take now.

Cc all mamas
Should I pack all my baby's bottles for him to creche or just one for milk and one for water? I know mommy liftedhands once talked about giving one less scoop than required to avoid constipation.

The teat of his bottle is size 2, will that be too big or too small (Avent Phillips and Tommie tippee).

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
PreciousRuby:
Please is this the most recent vaccines?

My baby was given OPV 1, Penta 1, PCV 1. Nothing was said about Rota 1. Please what is he current price for Rotavirus? Is it advisable to take it in a govt hospital or a private one?

If you're in Lagos, you can only get Rota vaccine FREE in Somolu PHC. A mama here recently mentioned Oloja area in Somolu to be precise.
In private hospitals it's given for 7k-10k.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Giddyperson:
biko kwa o. I am new here and I heard you people are very nice cheesy

Lol.
We're nice but not all the time tongue
This one you're looking for trouble like this, use it to release one update for your fans na grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
beyedew:
Good evening mamas

Cc all mamas

See the opposite of Spiceaimee and Goodfortun o.
No just fall hand and cry before one week o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
zaynie:

See the opposite of Spiceaimee and Goodfortun o.
No just fall hand and cry before one week o cheesy
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. I dey give myself hope now mammy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
HolySteph:

Pls mamas help me..

The water for his bath does not need to be hot. make it tepid. you can also stop applying coconut oil in the mean time cos of the hot weather. His skin needs to breathe.
you can also reduce the number of items used to wrap him cos our grandmas sabi overwrap babies.
Changing of skin is different from rashes.
You can use rechargeable fan at night to ease the discomfort.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
hunniesuzie:
How many clothes do they wear for him? Is he wrapped with shawl all day? Does he sweat? Don't know anything about changing skin sha

How many clothes do they wear for him?
Just one bodysuit a day and another at night( if there's cold I wear him coverall) that's 2.

s he wrapped with shawl all day?

Sometimes in the morning when its cold

Does he sweat? Yes a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flodel(f): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
@ giddyperson kwantinu dey look for trouble, is lyk u want a repeat of ya constipation episode
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PreciousRuby(f): 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thanks a lot.
I am based in Ikorodu and currently take immunization at general hospital.
Giddyperson:
Rota is not free, I don't know if it's given at hospitals. There's rota1 and rota2, you ve to ask at a private hospital. If you mention your area, mamas around u can suggest hospitals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2018
hunniesuzie:
congrats working class mummy. I wash and sterilize everyday oh. Your baby should be eating every 3 hours so count the number of hours you'll be away and add an extra one
Pack as many bottles as he will need for a day. Don't let them wash and reuse as they may not wash well. Don't do the one less scoop thing except he has constipation. If he's pooing normally give him his required quantity.
Size 2 teat is fine.
Mzle.emah happy birthday
Anug od we have "gbesele" anubaby oh. She is now Iyawo omo Igbo. I'm sure you've heard we take care of our wives. Nothing do you
Thank you sis, please about his water, will it be normal water or lukewarm?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
casler:
Congrats,beydew.Transition,ko easy o.Brace up.However,you are one tough cookie,and thus stronger.congrats once,more.
Thanks sis.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
beyedew:
Thanks sis. Hope you are good now.
I'm good dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iceboo: 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good evening mummies in the house. Please I need ur assistance . My 5 months old baby has refused to take formula. I started giving him pap with formula in it and he loves it. Someone advice me to add soya milk (powder). please can a 5 months old baby take soya?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hot. In a flask

beyedew:

Thank you sis, please about his water, will it be normal water or lukewarm?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
Yes he can

iceboo:
Good evening mummies in the house. Please I need ur assistance . My 5 months old baby has refused to take formula. I started giving him pap with formula in it and he loves it. Someone advice me to add soya milk (powder). please can a 5 months old baby take soya?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ok. For now don't allow him to be hot. Also suspend the coconut oil for now. Did you make it yourself/do you know the person you bought from? Like other mamas have said let his bath water not be too hot at all

HolySteph:

How many clothes do they wear for him?
Just one bodysuit a day and another at night( if there's cold I wear him coverall) that's 2.

s he wrapped with shawl all day?

Sometimes in the morning when its cold

Does he sweat? Yes a lot

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Hot. In a flask

shocked shocked.
I meant the water he would drink ooo, not water for formula.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thank you all for the wishes and prayers. i lost my grandpa today, what a way to celebrate my birthday cry

hunniesuzie
JGracious
beyedew congratulations on your new job
Rhemy2013
MamaDG
Sansa143
Trendytessy
kelizosuy
eksbabe
Nimi22
stephmiracle
Akorkor
Sacredlily

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
beyedew:
Good evening mamas
Please Enque and hunn...iesuzie I believe you guys have milk dispenser, please do you wash and sterilize it everyday after use or once once. I got one with four compartments. Is it enough or will he take more than that? I got 2 just incase.

Keliz...uoy and any of my Oct 2017 teamies whose baby/babies take formular- babe, please how much formular does Adele take now.

Cc all mamas
Should I pack all my baby's bottles for him to creche or just one for milk and one for water? I know mommy liftedha...nds once talked about giving one less scoop than required to avoid constipation.

Wash everyday...
Every feeding equipment that goes to the creche is rewashed and sterilized when we get home in the evening.
Ur feeding schedule will determine how many u ll be needing but I doubt it u ll need less than 4 sef considering he is still on milk feeds only.

Pack like 4 feeding bottles for milk and 1 or 2 for water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
Teamie I just saw this now because you got my moniker wrong lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Adele takes 125ml 4 times daily. I supplement with bwess.
She rejects it most times so I allow go really hungry before feeding though..
beyedew:
Good evening mamas

Cc all mamas

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
Jina24:
@kidco, I sent you a pm need to get some information from you.

Modified:
Just got your Whatsapp number.

Thanks for ordering

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
beyedew:

Anugod, I saw your baby, cute as a button kiss.
Thanks maami. Congrats on your new job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: tosinwill(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.