Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403982 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good Evening Mothers, my baby will be resuming Creche at exactly 7month old (We had a one month mummy and me break). I've introduced cereals and he presently eats anything he's given. My question is how do I pack his meals? Do I just pack cereals and tombrown? I'm confused on meals plans as he mostly take Cereals, whatever you're eating and breastmilk when he's home with me. I need tips on what to do please. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lasire(f): 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good evening house, Biko o, my baby has been eating Nutriben cereal and her formula plus breastmilk, today I tried feeding her very soft noodles and egg yolk, but it seems it was choking her so I stopped. I was hoping to start her on swallow(amala and ewedu), but I'm scared this one that only noodles she couldn't swallow. Pls what should do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
ochis24:

Oh tnks!... So is nt really a brand thing, so is jus people emphazing on d SMA( Asap weight gain).

I don't think SMA makes a child gain weight oooo... I have seen babies grow bigger while drinking my boy. it all depends on ur pocket
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
Moaba:
Good Evening Mothers, my baby will be resuming Creche at exactly 7month old (We had a one month mummy and me break). I've introduced cereals and he presently eats anything he's given. My question is how do I pack his meals? Do I just pack cereals and tombrown? I'm confused on meals plans as he mostly take Cereals, whatever you're eating and breastmilk when he's home with me. I need tips on what to do please. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

How long does it take your baby to finish a big tin of cerelac.

First you have to figure out how many times he eats between the hours he's to spend at crèche. Would prolly be three or four times. Buy these tiny plates or something similar and pack dry cereal enough for one feed in each plate. I.e if you want him to be fed cereal twice in one day then pack two plates of dry cereal. Then pack hot water in a flask. Also pack Tom Brown if you want him to be fed tombrown next after the cereal. You can label the meals, I label mine with pen on masking tape. You can write things like: meal 1 cereal, meal 2 tombrown, meal 3 cereal, milk for tom brown. You can go in an explain the feeding to them for the first few days, after that it would pretty much go smoothly.

You mustn't only pack cereals and tombrown tho, you can buy a good small food flask and pack other food like mashed foods and purees, pap and oats, just always pack food that's easy to swallow cuz they can't spend too much time feeding on child. My baby can eat almost everything but foods that need chewing are reserved for home feeding only.

Hi lady Sansa143 kiss

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
Lasire:
Good evening house, Biko o, my baby has been eating Nutriben cereal and her formula plus breastmilk, today I tried feeding her very soft noodles and egg yolk, but it seems it was choking her so I stopped. I was hoping to start her on swallow(amala and ewedu), but I'm scared this one that only noodles she couldn't swallow. Pls what should do
How old is she, I don't think babies should be eating noodles, don't think the contents are that baby friendly plus that white maggi, Biko kwa. You can't go from cereal to noodle, try puréed food, then graduate to food that's not so well mashed. Swallow would be way more easier than noodles just remember to start with tiny balls until you know what she can swallow. I give my baby spaghetti, stew and egg yolk, you can cook the spaghetti (I buy those extra slim ones) until it's very soft then mash it but you have to feed very slowly and patiently cuz she needs to chew with her gum cheesy...very tiring so I do it only on sundays.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by thotianna: 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good day all. Please how often should a week old baby poop?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks mama!
enque:

Wish u All d best wt d exam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ithope2: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hi angry.
Giddyperson:

How long does it take your baby to finish a big tin of cerelac.

First you have to figure out how many times he eats between the hours he's to spend at crèche. Would prolly be three or four times. Buy these tiny plates or something similar and pack dry cereal enough for one feed in each plate. I.e if you want him to be fed cereal twice in one day then pack two plates of dry cereal. Then pack hot water in a flask. Also pack Tom Brown if you want him to be fed tombrown next after the cereal. You can label the meals, I label mine with pen on masking tape. You can write things like: meal 1 cereal, meal 2 tombrown, meal 3 cereal, milk for tom brown. You can go in an explain the feeding to them for the first few days, after that it would pretty much go smoothly.

You mustn't only pack cereals and tombrown tho, you can buy a good small food flask and pack other food like mashed foods and purees, pap and oats, just always pack food that's easy to swallow cuz they can't spend too much time feeding on child. My baby can eat almost everything but foods that need chewing are reserved for home feeding only.

Hi lady Sansa143 kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
holutosin:
@Anugod please which market is Monday market in Abuja?
Was talking about Dutse Market o. Mondays are usually extra big cos traders flood the market from all those village farms and other places, so foodstuffs and wares are relatively cheaper when you buy from those people that don't have shops
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Sansa143:
Hi angry.
whats marra
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
U don't like me like b4 now cry cry grin
Giddyperson:
whats marra
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
Naomi14:
Hohohohoho cheesy I see you visit Domino quite well.
Well-done una don catch una self for there grin
Her description is that of a regular loyal customer cheesy grin grin grin

Cc enque tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2018
Liftedhands:
Her description is that of a regular loyal customer cheesy grin grin grin

Cc enque tongue

Lol

Funny tho... I HATE PIZZA with a passion, and I'm not an ice-cream person. But somehow I just know these things grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2018
Lasire:
Make the noodles very very soft! Shea transitioning and may take a while to adjust to new food textures.

Amala and ewedu any draw soup is always a hit with babies try it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2018
Doh, it's February ba? All the best

Naomi14:
Na that exam o! I say make i cover small, had to place limit on social media usuage and NL just happens to fall on my don't go there list. smiley
Coach enque, I am gradually warming up. Fat must go grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
opella:

My baby had the same discharge some days ago, I googled for solutions and read on baby Center that it is clogged tear duct and I should clean with warm wet cloth and then gently massage the area between the eye and the nose, I did that and it stopped coming out after 2 days.
Thanks ma i will definitely do that only that my ds doesn't allow pple touch his body especially his head and eyes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
Where Chanbaby at?Na MS still d hold u?Saw ur name just now in sept roll call.hope ur fine?
Runs out grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
lightedpath:
drop breast milk into the affected eye. Its almost an immediate cure
Thanks ma someone told me to do that so i will
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Amala is better for babies than noodles mami. Noodles isn't even in any way "swallowable" food

Lasire:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holutosin(f): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
Anugod:
Was talking about Dutse Market o. Mondays are usually extra big cos traders flood the market from all those village farms and other places, so foodstuffs and wares are relatively cheaper when you buy from those people that don't have shops
Okay, thank you so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
katchycouture:

I don't think SMA makes a child gain weight oooo... I have seen babies grow bigger while drinking my boy. it all depends on ur pocket
Yes i can testify to that my boy atleast my ds is not very fat but he is looking fresh and healthy and for the price its market friendly in my Area
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
Yes ma'am! Thanks
hunniesuzie:
Doh, it's February ba? All the best

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nikkishola: 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
Sansa143:
Long post alert!
It grieves my hrt to hear abt d demise of of prayer warrior!I always look forward to her prayers evry Monday back den!Iyamomoreloaded,may u rest till we meet to part no more!
Furthermore, I have taken time to write out sum monikers dat we haven't seen 4 a while(got dem 4rm my likes n mention)incase u knw any I miss mentioning,pls add up!Please if u get dis,let us knw ur fine!
Hyphee,SisiNini,Tushmom,nikkishola,finepatty,bryanarchie,divie,Mumjb,temmytee31,suzzy4God,phlakkeys,dasugar,toyosiR,customised87,missmalachi,lululuv,nicoleswizzi,omoloulan,cllassic01,Coldfeet,mamatweenz,bulunton,kemesty,nwarosa,Dunni29,kittana,Dazzle86,Dharyour1234,Titony1,Ariegurl,Suzy,Sixx,Mydeporch,forzarush,mignone,Sunbestie,Roselok,aghaibiam,Unic1,folamee,Olukunle5,Tutucious,Abiagirl777,Ijeoma2728,kloness,Mzezkay,sholai,poshestmina,fatamyfatamy,ennywealth09,Afollyshade,peggygee,Bbglory,nneejima,Licious07,opejulie n Toriella!Pls come n Ansa d register!

Thanks so much sister for checking, I lost my fone, and also been busy with kids..
It's so sad to hear about the death, may her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nikkishola: 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
Naomi14:
@ reniduke, nikkishola, Pamelar, Berra, how una dey? How is Lo?

Complement sis, thanks for checking on us, it's my phone + could not sign in on nairaland. How's ur Lo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
Sansa143:
U don't like me like b4 now '( cry D
lmao because I forgot to mention you today abi. Pele blame it on this pregnancy smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
thotianna:
Good day all. Please how often should a week old baby poop?

Don't worry about poop. Most breastfed babies can go one week without poop.

Ensure your diet is in place to aid your baby's bowel movement. Eat enough fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ochis24: 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
katchycouture:

Yh.. nw I knw.is because of d way people arnd v been emphazing on d SMA. Even hubby was like if at all we want to start her on formula we must use SMA in oda to maintain her weight but tnk God I brought it here. My mum advised we use Nan self.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hello mothers,God bless you all for your contributions to this forum.I decided to join instead of peeping.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
You can also order for your home made pap for babies/infants by contacting us on 08057125055(bigmummy).Thank you for patronage.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pheesayor(m): 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good day mothers, please what can be used to treat blisters on babies? My baby is 16 months and started with blisters on the forehead which has now spread to her necK. She itches it at times and it turns bloody.
The ones at the forehead started clearing and has been replaced with boils, please what can we do?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 1:34am On Jan 27, 2018
kelizosuy:
Thanks dear

How's princess pearl?

She is very well.. It's just this 10 weeks immunization that has being doing us shege.
Plz mamas what else can I use for the high temperature asides dabbing her body with a wet cloth and giving Pcm.
Her temperature was 37.5 as at yesterday but dropped to 37.2 today ...plus when will the high temperature and fussiness from the injections fizzle out.i thought she was going to sleep the pains off like she did for her 6 wks vaccines but I guess no 2 immunization are the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.