Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407935 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Blend normal oats (Good morning, Quaker). Make the way you would make oats ,sweeten with milk or fruit puree.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
Sansa143:
Nutribom or u can blend our oats(quaker)and den cook
OK, thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
katchycouture:
good morning mamas... Please I'm back to the TOM BROWN issue.
I've bought all the required items to make it but I want to be sure before I start it..

1..how do I fry these things? do I just put them in a hot pot and start frying??

2.. can I use garri to fry then groundnut or do I just fry it inside a hotpot too??

3... should I wash them and dry them before frying??

4..can I add salt to taste in the groundnut??

@ Benignasweety
@ Other tom brown mamas

I was told not to add salt.I used sand from my backyard to fry it.I washed and dried mine to remove dirts u fry until they start making a pop pop sound like popcorn.and don't fry the groundnut too much to prevent it from getting burnt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Lol. Experience varies even that won't help you. I may have used an IUCD and it didn't work for me while some other mamas use it and are fine. The things to note are:
* if you had trouble conceiving or are scared you might I don't advise a hormonal method
*if you are prone to being overweight and are not sure you can workout/watch your diet, stick with the non-hormonal method
*for how long do you want to space? If you're doing hormonal tant
*you can also do the 2/3 months injectables but that's if you have time to go regularly to renew. That one wears off faster sha
*agree whatever it is you choose with your partner

For me, I wanted something long term (at least 2 to 3 years), I didn't want anyone to put hand up my Vee cos I was barely 6 weeks pp, so an IUD was out, I have no weight problems (until I started eating like a thief) and I'm comfortable with hormonal methods - the arm implant was my choice and I have no issues with it so far (I've had it for almost a year)

Thanks so much for the breakdown, I appreciate. This will help a lot.
Cc: Imurboss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2018
comtem2011:
Maami, seems u didn't see my pm. I lost my phone and i dont know how to give u my new number for now cos I want to tell u something o.
Mama'na no vex cheesy I got d notification on but can't find ur PM in my mail. me I wan hear gist o my ear full ground grin Lemme know when u've copied it so I can remove it. Hws my Olamide? kiss kiss kiss to him pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2018
keeki:

I was told not to add salt.I used sand from my backyard to fry it.I washed and dried mine to remove dirts u fry until they start making a pop pop sound like popcorn.and don't fry the groundnut too much to prevent it from getting burnt

Ok I didn't add salt but I used garri to fry it...I'm about cooking mine now for my dd and I'm very anxious to find out if she will take it or not... I pray she takes it ooo...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
Check d pack again dem don rephrase it. Don't know about the effect but read it contain something dat shdnt be consume by infant sha
comtem2011:
Are you serious? My son has been taken it since he clocked 2 o, I hope there is no adverse effect? i only read that it should't be used as infant cereal like substituting with cerelac and co.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
Am fine oo maami how ar u n lo too
OmoLayo29:

You are right iya alagbo grin how u dey

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
queensnow:
Check d pack again dem don rephrase it. Don't know about the effect but read it contain something dat shdnt be consume by infant sha

Seriously I've searched the pack but didn't see anything like that. She takes it when her other Cereals has finished and I'm toooooo lazy to buy another one. Please somebody should snap and show me. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/1069613/golden-morn-unsuitable-children-under/2#12543825 visit d link. Not suitable for infant or not an infant cereal is written on the pack
FloraEC:

Seriously I've searched the pack but didn't see anything like that. She takes it when her other Cereals has finished and I'm toooooo lazy to buy another one. Please somebody should snap and show me. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/1069613/golden-morn-unsuitable-children-under/2#12543825 visit the link check the back well it's at d extreme end
FloraEC:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
FloraEC:

The main reason is due to its excess sugar and not being fortified. Now it has vitamin A etc.

Nestle Came and spoke jargons and ended up protecting themselves against law suit.
It was boldly written on the pack before as not to be FED to children under 3 , them later changed to not an infant cereal. Maybe they meant kids below one year na dem sabi.

We started it before one year though my son drank his I made it watery and not thick.

https://www.nairaland.com/1081282/nestle-responds-golden-morn-discussion

Its golden morn not same as nutrend and cerelac?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
# Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years#
Search for the above topic on the search button too

FloraEC:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
cheesy initially I bought the small pack and fed my son he took it so well then I decided to make enquiries before going further that when I came across this post #Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years# and the link na so I check the consumed golden morn pack and confirmed it was true it wasn't boldly written I just jejely stop na dem sabi truly I will patiently wait till his 3 sha
Liftedhands:
The main reason is due to its excess sugar and not being fortified. Now it has vitamin A etc.

Nestle Came and spoke jargons and ended up protecting themselves against law suit.
It was boldly written on the pack before as not to be FED to children under 3 , them later changed to not an infant cereal. Maybe they meant kids below one year na dem sabi.

We started it before one year though my son drank his I made it watery and not thick.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
katchycouture:

Ok I didn't add salt but I used garri to fry it...I'm about cooking mine now for my dd and I'm very anxious to find out if she will take it or not... I pray she takes it ooo...

amen.but some people advice that u start out in bits.by allowing the child taste some ingredients without some.to know what the child likes or dislike
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2018
queensnow:
https://www.nairaland.com/1069613/golden-morn-unsuitable-children-under/2#12543825 visit the link check the back well it's at d extreme end

What I saw is Golden morn is not an infant cereal and the way she gulps it down and shouts gool moo anytime I'm making it ehh. They should have specified why is not suitable biko

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2018
Anugod:
shocked shocked shocked Looking forward to this day in my life embarassed cry

But you sha try o. The day we took our 6 weeks immunisation and my baby slept nonstop for 6 hours, fear kash me o. I wouldn't even let her sleep that long sef, I go wake am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Normally, my babe eats 1-2 hours round the clock (we're ebf sha). Atimes at night, she would just be turning and turning without fully waking up, then I'll just carry her up and put her to suck.

Maybe you can try that sha. But you dey enjoy oo, 12 hours gabadaya! shocked shocked

Wait now it will soon reach your turn. Any day Cole wants to sleep he sleeps waking just 2ce or 3ce between 10pm and 6am and any day sleep no dey him timetable we can be awake 4-5 hrs straight. So any day I have something important doing the following morning like Sundays I always pray I'm lucky.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
Liftedhands:

Ahh!! My dd started it at 14months but not all the time and she can finish too pack at a time. No problem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
queensnow:
cheesy initially I bought the small pack and fed my son he took it so well then I decided to make enquiries before going further that when I came across this post #Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years# and the link na so I check the consumed golden morn pack and confirmed it was true it wasn't boldly written I just jejely stop na dem sabi truly I will patiently wait till his 3 sha
Children will always like it cos it's sweet. Its good if you can hold off till your child gets to 3 and familiar with various food taste.

Thats the problem I had giving my son golden morn early! He got used to the sweetness and avoided other foods. Thank God we've weaned ourselves from it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
FloraEC:

Ahh!! My dd started it at 14months but not all the time and she can finish too pack at a time. No problem
Its good not to make it an everyday meal! Ours was 24/7 embarassed 1kg bag lasts only 10days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
Liftedhands:
Its good not to make it an everyday meal! Ours was 24/7 embarassed 1kg bag lasts only 10days.

She just drank it few mins ago after disturbing me even crying for it. I wonder how we'll stop self. Maybe cos Golden morn don't have folic acid and some required vitamins cos cerelac also contains carbohydrate with sugar, iron and vit A
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
Having a sick baby is really overwhelming... God help me.

Mamas we should be careful with our babies these days cos the weather is not good. Give water constantly to avoid dehydration. Diarrhoea is also in the air now

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
keeki:

amen.but some people advice that u start out in bits.by allowing the child taste some ingredients without some.to know what the child likes or dislike

My baby loved it...she ate half of her plate smiling and the other half crying...I didn't add the groundnut today but I will add it tomorrow to see if she will take it as she took it today.. but my kitchen was a mess after making the Tom brown, I had to throw the first one I made away because it looked badly made then I made another one that managed to be fine...

Benignasweety

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2018
FloraEC:

I also saw when it was written that it easy for children from 3 yrs old but suddenly I think they stopped writing it because I didn't see it again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
My son has been eating Golden morn since abt 1yr+ but i've never seen that disclaimer on it. I've checked taya. It's well with our babies. Comtem2011 Hws been ur day? Seen my mention? BritneyStacy long time o. Hw r Ekene n d Princess?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
Someone can be s addicted to golden morn even as an adult I do finish 1kg in 5days na d price caution me ooo grin[color=#990000][/color]
quote author=Liftedhands post=64899618]Its good not to make it an everyday meal! Ours was 24/7 embarassed 1kg bag lasts only 10days.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
katchycouture:

I also saw when it was written that it easy for children from 3 yrs old but suddenly I think they stopped writing it because I didn't see it again

They've changed it. Is it that the cereal is not advisable for only babies and for weaning or they wrote that cos they want their other products to sell which is mainly babies food? I've googled it and I didn't see any reason and the nutritional value is almost the same with other cereal or is it the sugar content cos some babies food and milk are too sweet self.

Na Them know wetin them dy hide cos when you place a warning, you suppose to give reasons for it. I'll stop shaa

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
Trendytessy:
Having a sick baby is really overwhelming... God help me.

Mamas we should be careful with our babies these days cos the weather is not good. Give water constantly to avoid dehydration. Diarrhoea is also in the air now

I heard there are lots of reported cases cholera in the east (awka to be precise)....
Reports say lots of babies have similar symptoms like stooling and vomiting.

My sister inlaw's daughter was affected but she's getting better now, my DH's friend lost his 8month old daughter last week.

Pls if u r within those areas affected, pls take good care of ur LO.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
enque:

I heard there are lots of reported cases cholera in the east (awka to be precise)....

My sister inlaw's daughter was affected but she's getting better now, my DH's friend lost his 8month old daughter last week.

Seconded anambra has a cholera outbreak since December 2017... I wanted to buy okpa there last December but was told not to.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
enque:

my dear I'm in awka o.. it's not funny down here. Sick children (babies/toddlers) everywhere. We are on admission now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2018
Liftedhands:
Seconded anambra has a cholera outbreak since December 2017... I wanted to buy okpa there last December but was told not to.

Are u serious?? I didn't know o

(1) (2) (3) ... (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: oxygenator and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.