Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406685 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
babythug:

I stayed with someone who ate it so religiously i was almost tempted to give it a try!

The cous cous I got sef na my dogs chop am last last.

One day I will be more experimental with food wink

Cous cous can be challenging if you want to eat like rice and stew.... it is a dish that needs a LOT of support.

I.e. you make like fried rice... AND.... you have a juicy sauce to go with it. I usually use lamb or goat meat to make my own version of tagine!
Any other way.... I might as well just drink garri! grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
blex444:

Your dd is okay,yes it is normal.Feed her as many times she wants & then try burping after feeding.
Welcome to motherhood.

Seconded @ nnekaike.
Babies breathe fast. She's getting enough if not she will be cranky and be rooting for breast once carried.
Have i told you i love your moniker grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
soonest:

Seconded @ nnekaike.
Babies breathe fast. She's getting enough if not she will be cranky and be rooting for breast once carried.
Have i told you i love your moniker grin
Awwwww,thank you mind is coming down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

For the feeding, as already advised express and feed either with bottle or spoon to see the quantity she can take .

Babies can be very efficient suckers so it may be nothing to worry about.

Also wake her up if she is sleeping. My rd was like that. 2 sucks and she knocks out...... shocked give her a gently tap when you see she is sleeping off or tickle her on her feet or sides or brush her cheeks to wake her

For the breathing, you can take her to see a peadiatrican, just to ease your mind.
however babies have a higher breathing and heart rate than adults. So it may be completely ok as long as her colouring is normal, you ensure there is adequate ventilation around her, She is sucking well and not showing signs of breathing difficulty like struggling to breath. Monitor her for a day or so before going to see your peadiatrician for the all clear. This way you can tell him in detail any symptoms you may have noticed.

Pele. Eku... motherhood!
thank you ma,motherhood is not easy but has an unexplainable joy.I do wake her o but she will not collect breast.I will start all you mentioned.her colouring is normal,I will observe again tommorow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

For the feeding, as already advised express and feed either with bottle or spoon to see the quantity she can take .

Babies can be very efficient suckers so it may be nothing to worry about.

Also wake her up if she is sleeping. My rd was like that. 2 sucks and she knocks out...... shocked give her a gently tap when you see she is sleeping off or tickle her on her feet or sides or brush her cheeks to wake her

For the breathing, you can take her to see a peadiatrican, just to ease your mind.
however babies have a higher breathing and heart rate than adults. So it may be completely ok as long as her colouring is normal, you ensure there is adequate ventilation around her, She is sucking well and not showing signs of breathing difficulty like struggling to breath. Monitor her for a day or so before going to see your peadiatrician for the all clear. This way you can tell him in detail any symptoms you may have noticed.

Pele. Eku... motherhood!
thank you ma,i have seen from just my 2weeks nd counting experience that motherhood is not easy, but has an unexplainable joy.I do wake her o but she will not collect breast.I will start all you mentioned.her colouring is normal,I will observe again tommorow b4 going to see a paediatrician.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
Naomi14:
Try monster.com different templates dey there.
Cappo is reloaded very active? I want to try it for my boy. He does not like eating have tried lot of drugs but will wear off after sometime . I need him to eat abeg even the accumulation of bm he sucks a day is not up to 120ml
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
Mummy Zara it was mre dan dat fa lipsrsealed.I go return am leave am dere till 2moro.
enque:

u go just put pix for 2secs n then remove it lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
Sansa143:
Mummy Zara it was mre dan dat fa lipsrsealed.I go return am leave am dere till 2moro.

I de here de observe lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
nnekaike:
Good evening mama's, please am a FTM
My Dd is 2weeks old.for 3 days now I have noticed she breathes fast,then breathes at normal pace,is it normal?,is that how babies breathe?. she makes this cranky sound too like some1 clearing chest. she sleeps a lot too(sleep will not allow her suck well),and when she wakes up to eat,she sucks for just 10/15(we are on EBF),am worried if she is getting enough from just 10/15 feeding.Mama's pls is her breathing normal,how do I know she getting enough breastmilk?.Am so worried.
CC.
All mama's.]

Babies have funny way of breathing o. Fast, fast, slow slow..... It even has a name sef. Can't remember.
About the breathing, some babies are noisy sleepers. I had same issue, went to the hospital, they said he was fine. So just to keep your mind down, you can check with your doc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rollykotex: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Teamie my twin girl and your daughter have so many things in common, we have been battling colic too and hubbys aunt who is a nurse said to use nospamin which I refused now it's causing wahala between hubby and I cause he feels I'm doing I too know more than old mamas, but my twin boy is not going through this at all.

Mamas please which is better between nan 1 and Sma gold cause I'm thinking of switching from nan 1 to Sma gold reason been that I discovered that my children turn and twist a lot after feeding these days don't know if nan 1 is the culprit though then my daughter is not gaining weight like her bro.

Still in feeding matter, like how many times should a 4 weeks old baby eat in a day? I feed my children on demand but at times I feel they are eating too much and they poo too much.

Please respond to a twin mamas worries.
sorry iya ibeji, may God see us through. its so surprising that your girl is colicky while the boy is OK. i heard its worse for boys than girls. Google has been my best friend for the past one month cause my baby too is extremely colicky. i bought Gripe water but i have stopped using it cause I didn't see any improvement. The method that has worked a big for my son is putting him to sleep on his Tummy. When he does, he belches loud, farts and sometimes pops, thereby reducing the gas in his system. Then burping is a must after every feeding. Its stressful though but won't trade the experience for anything.

i have also dumped NAN cause anytime my baby takes it, its as if he's tipsy or drunk and he doesn't poo. though still exclusively breastfeeding now, I'll hopefully get SMA or Aptamil before next week ends. May God make it easy for us

Pele booque

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
It helps but please get a go ahead from a paediatrician.

see picture below
Cc: Chirolechick
queensnow:

Cappo is reloaded very active? I want to try it for my boy. He does not like eating have tried lot of drugs but will wear off after sometime . I need him to eat abeg even the accumulation of bm he sucks a day is not up to 120ml

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2018
Bomgirl:

Babies have funny way of breathing o. Fast, fast, slow slow..... It even has a name sef. Can't remember.
About the breathing, some babies are noisy sleepers. I had same issue, went to the hospital, they said he was fine. So just to keep your mind down, you can check with your doc.
thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
Naomi14:

see picture below
Thanks boo, Saw it for #3500
Okay
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
Bomgirl:

its called periodic breathing, all babies does that, sometimes very fast, sometimes too slow. nothing is wrong with ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
it's periodic breathing, all babies does that, sometimes very fast, sometimes too slow. nothing is wrong with ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
Thanks so much

Naomi14:

see picture below
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
nnekaike:
Awwwww,thank you mind is coming down.
it's periodic breathing, all babies does that, sometimes very fast, sometimes too slow. nothing is wrong with ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PreciousRuby(f): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
Please I need to know the side effects of giving formula. Let me explain.. I just started giving LO formula (nan) during the day and breastfeed at night. I noticed that he farts alot, and it smells then it's frequent and much .Is this normal or does it mean the nan is not going down well with him?
I try to give him water but he always responds with a bitter facial expression and pushes the bottle out with his tongue. How do I get him to take more water since he is taking formula?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
omotolanibaby:
Thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tawlah: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
ifyalways:

If you have someone in the US returning Doon, I can give you a site. They do clearance for gymboree, luvable friends, yoga sprout etc for as low as $4 a complete set and even 2-in-1 baby slacks/tights for $1.99.

They only deliver to the US. I shop for my glam kids there. They even stock for up to ten years.

A bukwa m onye Uru ahia too cheesy
i
i want tge site too please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kudos to all Mamas keeping this thread alive.
Pls How can I retrieve my dd's appetite that was lost to fever? She is not eating at all o, just breast milk and weight has dropped. We have completed our dose yet she is not eating. I'm worried sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adadinmaa(f): 12:34am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Mama's, happy women's day to you all. I just started following this wonderful thread and it's awesome. You all rock!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PreciousRuby(f): 2:55am On Mar 09, 2018
OmoLayo29:
Kudos to all Mamas keeping this thread alive.
Pls How can I retrieve my dd's appetite that was lost to fever? She is not eating at all o, just breast milk and weight has dropped. We have completed our dose yet she is not eating. I'm worried sad
Is she taking vit c? I'm sure she will pick up considering she's just recovering.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cetona(f): 5:16am On Mar 09, 2018
jazzyjazz:
Sorry for your loss cetona
He is in a better place
May he rest in peace
Thanks so much, ma'am.
Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2018
Really! The pharmacy where I got na so their things dey cost.
queensnow:

Thanks boo, Saw it for #3500
Okay
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2018
Lol. smelly poo is the side effect, doesn't mean there's anything wrong so far the consistency is not watery
Don't stop giving water please, he will get used to the taste and start taking it. You can try giving him before food instead of when he's filled up

PreciousRuby:
Please I need to know the side effects of giving formula. Let me explain.. I just started giving LO formula (nan) during the day and breastfeed at night. I noticed that he farts alot, and it smells then it's frequent and much .Is this normal or does it mean the nan is not going down well with him?
I try to give him water but he always responds with a bitter facial expression and pushes the bottle out with his tongue. How do I get him to take more water since he is taking formula?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bolubej: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2018
Still on pooping things... i noticed my poop smells alot ;Dsince delivery unlike before when i could poop withno smell. now am afraid of pooping anywhere apart from my home cool sad
@Anugod pls i sent a PM to you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:42am On Mar 09, 2018
PreciousRuby:
As the boy is rejecting water from the bottle, try and get a syringe as alternative to the bottle. Cos he needs the water whether he likes it or not.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2018
bolubej:
Still on pooping things... i noticed my poop smells alot ;Dsince delivery unlike before when i could poop withno smell. now am afraid of pooping anywhere apart from my home cool sad
@Anugod pls i sent a PM to you
Tried replying 3 times but it keeps bouncing back.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2018

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:43am On Mar 09, 2018
ifyalways:

If you have someone in the US returning Doon, I can give you a site. They do clearance for gymboree, luvable friends, yoga sprout etc for as low as $4 a complete set and even 2-in-1 baby slacks/tights for $1.99.

They only deliver to the US. I shop for my glam kids there. They even stock for up to ten years.

A bukwa m onye Uru ahia too cheesy

our beautiful grandma, biko paste the link

I am very very interested
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2018
Giddyperson:

Opportunist sighted

Jazzyjazz, thanks so much, I would take you up on this offer next time, I want to do this one myself cuz I am looking for birthday things

No problem. Will be here whenever you need me

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Deee4dammy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.