Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406811 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
curvilicious:

I don't know what an antibiotic ointment is but if you mean some for skin irritation or rash I'll advise you use baby tribotan its mild on their but you have to be patient with it

Thanks. it's not really an irritation sha, it's flaky skin that itches him, it gets red some times.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
perfectcrown:

I just dey vex as i dey read your rant!

What nonsense? Kai mama u try o!

In the first place,children should nt be compared! Every child has his/her uniqueness!
Na she dey buy the diapers for you or na she dey pay der school fees?
My first ds will be 3years old in Sept and i still wear diaper for him to sleep @ night. I wanted to stop it but hubby said no(afterall naim money).

Wearing diaper for them while you do your work is good o if not they'll keep disturbing you with "i want to poo" "i want to wee". And it cant be easy for you when you are distracted.

When next she comes and spills rubbish,please ask her if theres a prize,millions of dollars or an award for a child at their age who doesnt wear diapers!

Shes just jealous of your standard and good lifestyle and trying to pull you down to her own level!

Please "hush" her away! Nonsense and jagbajantis!

Thanks for your response. The day she was doing this comparison, she came with her son wearing diaper. The son she claim doesn't wear.

Enough of my calculating how to respond to her. Giving her as e dey hurt me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by crystalzoe: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
perfectcrown:

Gbam! I hope bobo's health don dey kampe now. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
olubankemi:

Please advise.

You can try to change the subject of the discussion. You can also use the direct approach by telling her that "every child is an individual and they are all different, so it is not necessary to compare them".

However, the main thing is that you should stay away from such people.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
curvilicious:
Mamas, I try?
@11weeks grin

Cute baby. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
olubankemi:
Happy Easter Mothers.

@ curvilicious you over try. The Lord is your strength.

Please Mamas am angry at a particular person, though outside here. I just need to ask if my anger is justified before I attack her next time.

I am going to be brief.

What is the best age to stop wearing your kids diaper? I am a work at home mother and don't have anyone helping, (I have twins of 22 months old), the only woman I employ to help is on part time basis. Basically to help take care of my kids in the morning and I drop them at school, I also pick them up. We pick them up together and feeds them when we get home, she take her leave after that. So most times I am alone with then with some task to deliver to clients so most times I am locked up in my room working while they are in the living room watching tv.

I wear them diaper when alone so they don't mess up the place and get wounded when they fall.

Now the issue - with the situation of things I described above, you will see I hardly have the time to go out, i talk to my friends on phone now, no visit from both sides. There is this mama in my Neigbour hood, I was going to pick my kids one day and she begged me to drop her at the junction, I never knew she was trying to get close to me. In the process we got talking and I asked if she was on leave and she said she had left her work. Bla bla bla.

Oh, madam sorry about it, and then I introduced her to working from home. She started coming to my house to receive training and it's being crazy having her around. She will complain about how my kids are too old to be wearing diaper to me keeping them indoor to this to that, and she will say it so provocatively.

She even said her son who is just 15 months doesn't wee on the bed at night, I asked how she manage it and she said she wakes up every hour to make him wee. I told her it's crazy and that would have had effects on his sleep and she herself. Hear the next thing she talk: do you mean you sleep so deep? You don't have too, you are a mother and this and that....

I don't really know how to talk bad back at people, but am really boiling inside and waiting for her next visit; I train you free and you come to talk me down in my house, I am planning of walking her out when next she comes to me house. As in, I want to embarrass her.

The thing is, her aproko is too much, she is a tenant but knows about the stories of all the landlords around. I am sure she will come speaking next time, so certain, how best do I answer her?

How much are your kids paying? That school I heard it's expensive, haa it's too much for their age, I beg I wan measure am for full cup and give her.

Please advise. Hubby doesn't want me to embarrass her though and want me to stylishly stop the training am giving her, but I think she deserves I lash her.

Am just so angry not that I like shouting or fighting.

teach me how to work and earn money from home Biko, I promise I won't complain, infact I will help you to be wearing diaper for ur babies and even buy more when I start earning money.. grin grin

on a more serious note stop discussing your kids with her, anytime she brings up issues about ur babies just ignore her, don't answer her and with time she will learn to keep quiet..

I am intrested in learning how to work from home ooo

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
curvilicious:
Mamas, I try?
@11weeks grin

Very well dear. Good job

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
rvpbae:
Mamas why won't my baby latch? I'm sad and depressed cry cry cry cry it really hurts. I've tried and tried. I express to feed him but i want him to suck himself.

He is almost one week old. I supplement with nan1. Please everybody should help me. Abeg cry

Sorry ma'am, I'm sure other mamas would have responded but let me chook mouth too since my baby was like yours too.

The only solution is to keep putting him to breast when he is not too hungry so he can learn how to suck. My daughter didn't suck on her own till after two weeks breastfeeding leaves the two of us frustrated that I had to put it in prayer.
Just keep expressing and putting him to breast till he becomes a pro. Don't let people's talk get to you cos that's one of the things that frustrated me.
Weldone ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
curvilicious:

It was bwess but he now takes rest in another month's time it will be est cry cry cry dont allow my enemies(MummyAudrey) hear what I just told you o
lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
You get patience o.
I raise all mAh organs for you.

Ontop my free tutorial you carry wahala gum body when you never they craze?

Tell her that since she has all the sense in the world, she should go and handle her joblessness grin

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2018
nnekaike:
Mama's please o come to my aid am in real pain,there is something that looks like boil on my areola, its hard and extremely painful.what could it be please and is there any solution,the pain will not allow my sleep.
cc.
jazzyja zz
Zay nie
queen snow
enq ue
soo nest
elma speed
lifted hands
alphaha ndmadien
All Mama's abeg,the pain is not beans biko.
Take ibuprofen for the pain and place a warm towel on it, you should also are your doc for some antibiotics! Sounds like mastitis sorry sis.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
nahzyla:
Good day house, please who knows what type of antibiotic ointment i can use for babies of three months? A mild one to apply on skin.
Thanks in advance.
See a doctor to evaluate baby and make proper diagnosis and treatment.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Gbam! I hope bobo's health don dey kampe now. smiley

Thanks mama. Yees o!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
olubankemi, just tell her to face what she came to your house for and leave your kids out of it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
olubankemi:
Happy Easter Mothers.

@ curvilicious you over try. The Lord is your strength.

Please Mamas am angry at a particular person, though outside here. I just need to ask if my anger is justified before I attack her next time.

I am going to be brief.

What is the best age to stop wearing your kids diaper? I am a work at home mother and don't have anyone helping, (I have twins of 22 months old), the only woman I employ to help is on part time basis. Basically to help take care of my kids in the morning and I drop them at school, I also pick them up. We pick them up together and feeds them when we get home, she take her leave after that. So most times I am alone with then with some task to deliver to clients so most times I am locked up in my room working while they are in the living room watching tv.

I wear them diaper when alone so they don't mess up the place and get wounded when they fall.

Now the issue - with the situation of things I described above, you will see I hardly have the time to go out, i talk to my friends on phone now, no visit from both sides. There is this mama in my Neigbour hood, I was going to pick my kids one day and she begged me to drop her at the junction, I never knew she was trying to get close to me. In the process we got talking and I asked if she was on leave and she said she had left her work. Bla bla bla.

Oh, madam sorry about it, and then I introduced her to working from home. She started coming to my house to receive training and it's being crazy having her around. She will complain about how my kids are too old to be wearing diaper to me keeping them indoor to this to that, and she will say it so provocatively.

She even said her son who is just 15 months doesn't wee on the bed at night, I asked how she manage it and she said she wakes up every hour to make him wee. I told her it's crazy and that would have had effects on his sleep and she herself. Hear the next thing she talk: do you mean you sleep so deep? You don't have too, you are a mother and this and that....

I don't really know how to talk bad back at people, but am really boiling inside and waiting for her next visit; I train you free and you come to talk me down in my house, I am planning of walking her out when next she comes to me house. As in, I want to embarrass her.

The thing is, her aproko is too much, she is a tenant but knows about the stories of all the landlords around. I am sure she will come speaking next time, so certain, how best do I answer her?

How much are your kids paying? That school I heard it's expensive, haa it's too much for their age, I beg I wan measure am for full cup and give her.

Please advise. Hubby doesn't want me to embarrass her though and want me to stylishly stop the training am giving her, but I think she deserves I lash her.

Am just so angry not that I like shouting or fighting.

I believe you stay around lekki axis please invite me to come help you treat her fuuckup angry warrahel? Walk her out of your home please and give her double dose of her leaking stinking mouth.

What nonsense!!! Is it he money you use in buying the diaper? Or did you go to her to beg for some? I don't understands peoples headache on what a mother does with her children that is definitely not detrimental to her children or the society?

I hate washing poo and that is the sole reason my son is still on diapers at 28 months(rolls eyes) what then will she say about me?

Infact throw a poo soiled diaper at her while you show her the door! That will teach her not to meddle in peoples businesses angryangry

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lovelyberry: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hi Mums please what's the most effective way of getting rid of rashes on the face of a new born?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Please mama, can I give a 15 month old child custard. Just want t add more to her varieties of food
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Please mama, can I give a 15 month old child custard. Just want t add more to her varieties of food

Cc: hunniesuzie, Feddy27
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Olubankemi, dont mind her. She suffers from inferiority complex that's why shes always comparing. When next she starts that non sense, firmly give her a piece of your mind.
Whenever people start that talk of taking the child out to wee at night, what i always answer is if 50naira diaper per day can give me a full unbroken night rest, then i will gladly do it over and over again. This usually shut them up.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2018
Olubankemi she deserves to be embarrass and insulted self but I think u should just do it ur Hubby's way when next she come just tell her u won't be chanced tutoring her anymore and u can jelenkely tell to please stay out of ur family business

Curvilicious mama u over try John is looking so yummy, Weldon ma may God continue to keep and bless him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Sorry ma'am, I'm sure other mamas would have responded but let me chook mouth too since my baby was like yours too.

The only solution is to keep putting him to breast when he is not too hungry so he can learn how to suck. My daughter didn't suck on her own till after two weeks breastfeeding leaves the two of us frustrated that I had to put it in prayer.
Just keep expressing and putting him to breast till he becomes a pro. Don't let people's talk get to you cos that's one of the things that frustrated me.
Weldone ma.

You see that talk ehn, is what frustrates me. I stay in a town with no relatives from either my side nor my hubby. You can imagine the way i get calls daily to ask if he is sucking.

Anyway i have a testimony grin cheesy cheesy my ds sucked today cheesy. All day has been breastfeeding day oo, i woke up today, prayed about it and said today is today. Although he is still learning to latch well but I'm glad there's progress. How can i help him latch better?

Thanks to all mamas who gave me advices. I appreciate you all.

Cc nnekaike

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
curvilicious:

Jazzyyyyyy, how is you? How is your borri? How is every every? #injenivasvoice

My sister I gallant o

John is looking yummilicious mehn
Well done mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
rvpbae:

You see that talk ehn, is what frustrates me. I stay in a town with no relatives from either my side nor my hubby. You can imagine the way i get calls daily to ask if he is sucking.

Anyway i have a testimony grin cheesy cheesy my ds sucked today cheesy. All day has been breastfeeding day oo, i woke up today, prayed about it and said today is today. Although he is still learning to latch well but I'm glad there's progress. How can i help him latch better?

Cc nnekaike
let's clap for our baby,don't worry much in less than a week he will become a pro.just continue.welldone

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
The house is actually fun right now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy miracle, tobi and koko are confirmed clowns cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tollu: 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
rvpbae:

Although he is still learning to latch well but I'm glad there's progress. How can i help him latch better?

Well done mama, another hurdle crossed. The proper latch is vital for baby to get good quantity/quality of milk and for you not to suffer bruised nipples.
Here's a link you might find helpful: http://www.breastfeedo.com/getting-a-newborn-to-latch-wider-and-deeper/

Also, run a Google search for more tips, check kellymom. If you wanna breastfeed exclusively, no information overload smiley

All the best!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=olubankemi post=66287111]

I will advice that you always set rules of engagement when transacting with anyone whether for free or paid. that way, limits are set and parties are aware when they are trespassing.

happy easter to you too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2018
Thank you everyone for your responses. Am really relieved now and prepared for her. Heheheeh. Una don give me energy, lol. But I won't over react, I will just stylishly give her back gbam.

@Liftedhands, if she hear of your 28months still wearing diaper she will go round your neigbour hood to announce you and your baby now. I beg come help me treat her Bleep up. I will be very grateful. Hehehe.

Thank you all again for relieving me.

Latest by Tuesday she will come, I trust she will find something to say, I will give update.

God keep us.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2018
No clue oh. Me sef I want to see answers

Akorkor:

Cc: hunnie.suzie, Fedd.y27
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2018
rvpbae:

Cc nnekaike

Congratulations dear,

In my own mil even termed it and said my baby is irritated that's y she preferred expressed milk but everything is story now. The only way to help him is to allow him suck more often as practice makes perfect.

Weldone.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by solveabode(m): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2018
pls hou
se is it normal for a baby to be having constant body temperature and restless during teething? if yes what can we use to suppress it.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 11:49am On Mar 31, 2018
solveabode:
pls hou
se is it normal for a baby to be having constant body temperature and restless during teething? if yes what can we use to suppress it.

thanks

Go to the hospital

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.