Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400330 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautifulrosa: 11:09am On May 03, 2018
Anyone cold here?
Did it rain at your end?

So I av 2questions. My son weighed 6.4kg at 14weeks. Bet he's not looking chubby like that. I wonder if that is the expected weight of a baby at his age. Tho presently we are 4months old.

Again also he seems to be interested in whatever am eating.....is there any cereal he can take at 4months?

Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:09am On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

Mama Ekene, I have succeeded in weaning them o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yesterday made it one month cool cool
So finally, both no dey suck again. But u cheated my baby girl o!!!! why wean her alongside?
Come and answer ur query.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:10am On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

Mama Ekene, I have succeeded in weaning them o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yesterday made it one month cool cool
Ekene is still using me as pacifier o! Milk dried up since early March but the young man don't wanna let go of the breast undecided
Congrats double twale for you! You try abeg.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:28am On May 03, 2018
comtem2011:
So finally, both no dey suck again. But u cheated my baby girl o!!!! why wean her alongside?
Come and answer ur query.

lol...as she turned 18 months, I decided to stop both of them jare! dem wan turn am to blackmail mata

For one week, pains wan finish me.. I just strong my mind... infact after 3days, I no fit again, I give her to suck cheesy cheesy

But now, she puts her mouth then spits it out....I rubbed bitter thing on it so the brother still has that phobia cheesy cheesy

The thing bitter them well well cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:30am On May 03, 2018
Liftedhands:
Ekene is still using me as pacifier o! Milk dried up since early March but the young man don't wanna let go of the breast undecided

I noticed mine drying up too so I knew it was time to stop

I rubbed "stop and grow"; nail biting polish on my bosom and that was the end for them cheesy cheesy cheesy the bitter taste do them strong thing cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 11:38am On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

I rubbed "stop and grow"; nail biting polish on my bosom and that was the end for them cheesy cheesy cheesy the bitter taste do them strong thing cheesy cheesy

Did u take any tabs to ease your pains? D what does the stop and grow look like?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:28pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

lol...as she turned 18 months, I decided to stop both of them jare! dem wan turn am to blackmail mata

For one week, pains wan finish me.. I just strong my mind... infact after 3days, I no fit again, I give her to suck cheesy cheesy

But now, she puts her mouth then spits it out....I rubbed bitter thing on it so the brother still has that phobia cheesy cheesy

The thing bitter them well well cheesy cheesy
wow, she is 18 months already!!!! how time flies. May God continue to watch over her.

I will report to their father for giving them bitter breastmilk.

honestly, You really tried for them. God will keep them for you and give you the reason to rejoice over them at your old age!!!! kudos ma'aam

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:30pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

I'll have to look for it then cos my nipples are constantly paining me now. He sucks one with force(i guess he is looking for the milk)and twirls the other with his fingers making both sore same time.

His sucking is mostly at bedtime and whenever he wakes to see the booby staring at him we co-sleep. undecided

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:33pm On May 03, 2018
Liftedhands:
Ekene wan finish the breast before junior go come.

does it mean milk can dry up without weaning a child? I always think it will continue to flow as long as the child is still sucking.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:42pm On May 03, 2018
comtem2011:
Ekene wan finish the breast before junior baby sis go come.

does it mean milk can dry up without weaning a child? I always think it will continue to flow as long as the child is still sucking.
I thought same too maybe it's the drugs I was on that month that caused it to dry.

But then the milk and breast don try 28 months of production and supply lipsrsealed abeg make the breast rest before my Adanma comes cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 1:08pm On May 03, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Please my 11 weeks old daughter just won't take formulae she wants only breast milk, I was advised here to get other types and which I did but after first trial she won't take it again.
I'm so bothered right now cos I'm resuming work next week Monday. Been having issues with mil cos she wants us to force-feed her which I feel the baby might get used to and in turn cause problem when they start crèche.
Her twin bro takes between 75-100 mls which my daughter struggles with 25mls. Please what can I do about this

You can also try changing bottles cause some teats are more comfy than others.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 1:13pm On May 03, 2018
Sigh.... i have finally removed jadelle from my arm. I am so sad that it didn't work out for me. I want to try with the non hormonal copper T, pls any reviews? I don't want it to shift oh embarassed . I am so upset, i actually wanted a tubal ligation done during my CS but my oga at the top refused to sign.

This family planning wahala. embarassed and i don't want any by mistake, i am not sure i will enjoy sex again if i don't have assurance oh. My heart go just dey beat.

Pls guys! Reviews for non hormonal IUD
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:18pm On May 03, 2018
lululuv:

Did u take any tabs to ease your pains? D what does the stop and grow look like?

The pics are attached. they both do the same function.

For the pains, I took buscopan and ibuprofen o... but it was still there jor.. it stopped when it felt like it was time

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:20pm On May 03, 2018
Liftedhands:
I'll have to look for it then cos my nipples are constantly paining me now. He sucks one with force(i guess he is looking for the milk)and twirls the other with his fingers making both sore same time.

His sucking is mostly at bedtime and whenever he wakes to see the booby staring at him we co-sleep. undecided

That's why I had to stop them.. e don do

3yrs boy and 18months girl wink I don try for them

But you know the truth? I didn't feel like stopping cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:22pm On May 03, 2018
comtem2011:
wow, she is 18 months already!!!! how time flies. May God continue to watch over her.

I will report to their father for giving them bitter breastmilk.

honestly, You really tried for them. God will keep them for you and give you the reason to rejoice over them at your old age!!!! kudos ma'aam

yes o..she's a big girl now... if her brother sees her going close. he would start shouting "don't suck bitter breast" cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amen to your prayers dear

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:23pm On May 03, 2018
comtem2011:
Ekene wan finish the breast before junior go come.

it will continue to flow but you will feel the reduction eg you can stay from morning till evening without engorged breasts
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:25pm On May 03, 2018
mitche15:
Sigh.... i have finally removed jadelle from my arm. I am so sad that it didn't work out for me. I want to try with the non hormonal copper T, pls any reviews? I don't want it to shift oh embarassed . I am so upset, i actually wanted a tubal ligation done during my CS but my oga at the top refused to sign.

This family planning wahala. embarassed and i don't want any by mistake, i am not sure i will enjoy sex again if i don't have assurance oh. My heart go just dey beat.

What happened to your Jadelle?

I've had IUD for 14 months now and no single complaints

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

Wow! Tuale mama. May they continue to grow in God's wisdom and good stature. Amen.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:37pm On May 03, 2018
enque oya come

mitche15:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 2:07pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

But you know the truth? I didn't feel like stopping cheesy cheesy
wooow u meant the 3years old boy was still sucking breast ,you really tried ooo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 2:07pm On May 03, 2018
Order for your home made pap (ogi,akamu,koko).We make pap for all age group.
We can make to your specifications.
We can also deliver to your doorsteps.
Call on 08057125055(WhatsApp) or 08098125055

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:49pm On May 03, 2018
Liftedhands:

This is exactly what ilan does
He will suck one so hard and be twirling the other with his fingers.....

boys and Brea.sts sha angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 3:04pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

What happened to your Jadelle?

I've had IUD for 14 months now and no single complaints

Spotting was becoming a headache. I got tired and took it out. The hormonal or non hormonal IUD? I don't want to do anything hormonal again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 3:24pm On May 03, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Thanks so much ma'am she takes breast milk but it's not enough for her cos they are two. I've tried Sma gold and lactogen (those are the one I can afford) but it's still same story. I've used Tommy tippee and a nameless bottle no changes, the only thing I've not tried here is syringe feeding.

She takes breast milk well but it's not enough, DH, SIL and different people have tried feeding and atimes we are so lucky she might just take very little. Now DH is joining Mil to say we should force-feed. I'll keep trying thanks ma'am.

Mama twins sorry about what you're going through. I also expereienced this with one of my twins around that age too. After trying all sorts like you did, my last resort was to get abidec. I was giving it to only the twin rejecting food and that helped him to eat whatever comes his way,no selection. That was what i did at that time when i was about resuming and it helped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:41pm On May 03, 2018
Good day mamas.. Quick questions.

Please is it normal for a baby (4months) to be loosing so much hair? Initially i thought its the johnson's baby oil i was applying on it that was making him lose the hair, i had to change the oil to appying ori(shea butter), but it didnt stop, then i changed to vaseline blue seal but he is still losing much hair. To make matter worse when he is so excited, his hands goes straight to his hair and he starts pulling them. I try my best to always take his hands off them and replace it with something else to play with. My baby is beginning to have almost a bald hair. My baby was born with so much hair and i mean so much . Hubby and I have full hair but i dont understand this one.

Please help me out. Is there something im not doing right. Thank you as i anticipate your candid answers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:49pm On May 03, 2018
omotolanibaby:
wooow u meant the 3years old boy was still sucking breast ,you really tried ooo

yes o...lol

GlitteringStar:

Wow! Tuale mama. May they continue to grow in God's wisdom and good stature. Amen.

amen! thanks dearie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:50pm On May 03, 2018
mitche15:

Spotting was becoming a headache. I got tired and took it out. The hormonal or non hormonal IUD? I don't want to do anything hormonal again

Pele dear... IUD is non-hormonal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mrstheo(f): 4:34pm On May 03, 2018
Hello mamas, my baby has refused to take breast milk since I started lactating she prefers the instant formula and she's just 2weks 5days. What can I do to make her sucks cos she's rejecting the breast. I'm a FTM
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:49pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

lol..I can imagine! this feeding thing ehnn...no need to stress it..they eventually get over it... I was just gisting my nanny this morning if she remembered how we suffered with food when my son started school...his teacher then (God bless her always), she had taught for 27yrs in that school would say to me, don't stress it..give him only what he likes and it was only rice he likes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

she said give him cheesy cheesy today give him jollof, tmrw palmoil with mackerel rice, next day coconut rice...like that o...then she gives him milo and milk to drink everyday...dat was it o! the boy was well nourished. then too I also ensured he ate one egg every day

looking back now, there is nothing he does not eat today! asin school meals are no longer a problem for me cos anything you give him, he brings back an empty flask! his appetite is so big now... I'm just excited jare

so mamas, don't sweat feeding issues...find whatever they like and give them in variety of ways

If Moyo can turn to a certified foodie, then I know there is any hope for a picky eater.
I saw ween in his hand

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 5:50pm On May 03, 2018
feddy27:

the one you are holding is what I bought here too.. it's ok
Thanks mama. I’ll buy the whole set cos my mind is there already grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:54pm On May 03, 2018
HolySteph:

Please is it normal for a baby (4months) to be loosing so much hair? Initially i thought its the johnson's baby oil i was applying on it that was making him lose the hair, i had to change the oil to appying ori(shea butter), but it didnt stop, then i changed to vaseline blue seal but he is still losing much hair. To make matter worse when he is so excited, his hands goes straight to his hair and he starts pulling them. I try my best to always take his hands off them and replace it with something else to play with. My baby is beginning to have almost a bald hair. My baby was born with so much hair and i mean so much . Hubby and I have full hair but i dont understand this one.

Please help me out. Is there something im not doing right. Thank you as i anticipate your candid answers.

Could be his soap or shampoo. Most fake shampoos pull hair out.
It could also be as a result of his pulling on his hair. Wear him mittens or caps (when its cold) or just plait the hair (if you don't mind) another option is to kukuma barb the hair as na boy.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 5:57pm On May 03, 2018
HolySteph:

It happens early with some babies. At least it happened with my 2nd. At 3 months she lost all the hair around here edges( not just the front) and it didnt start growing back until she was almost 1.
Babies would loose some hair at some point before they are 2 years old even if you don’t cut it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.