Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400420 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Here I am sitting watching my baby sleep. She's been vomiting since morning and running temperature. I had to take her to the hospital because she was becoming weak. Cough and catarrh also. Dr diagnosed malaria and they've given her first dose of malaria injection. Its the temperature we are battling with because even with pcm the temperature is still high. Please pray for us
She will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hope they did a blood test for her?

Get ibuprofen for the temperature. Give every 8 hours, it's more effective

kelizosuy:
Here I am sitting watching my baby sleep. She's been vomiting since morning and running temperature. I had to take her to the hospital because she was becoming weak. Cough and catarrh also. Dr diagnosed malaria and they've given her first dose of malaria injection. Its the temperature we are battling with because even with pcm the temperature is still high. Please pray for us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:

Sorry dear. It is well with her.

Mamas, can a 8 months old use the mixture of palm oil and sugar for cough. What other home remedy option do we have.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:

May God heal and perfect all that concerns her. She'll be fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
angeltolly:

Sorry dear. It is well with her.

Mamas, can a 8 months old use the mixture of palm oil and sugar for cough. What other home remedy option do we have.

Yes, it's ok to use for A 8Mths old. You can also try the ori and salt mixture,melt the ori in a spoon,add a little salt and give. I usually rub mentholatum on their chest and neck as many times as possible, it helps too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Naomi14:
Sudocream, did it bleach your baby's skin? The first time I applied it on my baby's bum, it bleached that part.

We've never experienced bleaching of skin using sudocrem.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:

Aww...it is well.
Let the doctor check for infections too o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
comtem2011:
We experienced this like two times, My only remedy is ori (shea butter) after applying it, I apply agnesia powder. It will just dry up and peeled off. We know longer have it, but i discover it normally comes during heat.

Yeah...it seems to be an after effect of extreme heat periods as I've observed too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:

It is well with Adele in Jesus Mighty Name!
Life,healing and sound health is hers!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
Double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
It's well with her.Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
Yes they did.

We are back home now. Can I still give the ibru? Because she hasn't eaten anything for days now oh just breast and cheese balls.
hunniesuzie:
Hope they did a blood test for her?

Get ibuprofen for the temperature. Give every 8 hours, it's more effective

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2018
Amen mamas. Thank you

blex444:

It's well with her.Amen
perfectcrown:

It is well with Adele in Jesus Mighty Name!
Life,healing and sound health is hers!
imurboss:

May God heal and perfect all that concerns her. She'll be fine
comtem2011:
She will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
she is healed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Yes they did.

We are back home now. Can I still give the ibru? Because she hasn't eaten anything for days now oh just breast and cheese balls.

Yea you can, she's healed already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mami is this the BA?

FloraEC:

Yea you can, she's healed already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
Yes, just breastfeed her very well to make up

kelizosuy:
Yes they did.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Yes they did.

Please give ibuprofen after food and not on an empty stomach. Even milk and cheese balls is fine as a meal.

You could also alternate ibuprofen and paracetamol, to ensure you do not overdose on any one.

For example, if you give ibruprofen every 8 hours.., after 6 hours it may seem to have worn off, rather than give another dose as you may be tempted to and are then likely to give more than the 3 times in 24 hrs, you can give paracetamol. This will then push the next ibuprofen dose to sometime around 10 hrs after the first.

You can also time the ibuprofen to be given just before bed after her milk or meal so you can have a longer spell of calm at night for you to get some rest as well. The you can give paracetamol sometime in the early hours if the temperature is still there.

If you see she picks up in between the doses of ibuprofen or pcm, try and sneak in a meal or snack before the crankiness returns.

Pele, may she get well soon! kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
OK ma.. Because I just noticed the temperature rising again and its not up to 4hrs that we gave pcm
AlphaHandMaiden:

Please give ibuprofen after food and not on an empty stomach. Even milk and cheese balls is fine as a meal.

You could also alternate ibuprofen and paracetamol, to ensure you do not overdose on any one.

For example, if you give ibruprofen every 8 hours.., after 6 hours it may seem to have worn off, rather than give another dose as you may be tempted to and are then likely to give more than the 3 times in 24 hrs, you can give paracetamol. This will then push the next ibuprofen dose to sometime around 10 hrs after the first.

You can also time the ibuprofen to be given just before bed after her milk or meal so you can have a longer spell of calm at night for you to get some rest as well. The you can give paracetamol sometime in the early hours if the temperature is still there.

If you see she picks up in between the doses of ibuprofen or pcm, try and sneak in a meal or snack before the crankiness returns.

Pele, may she get well soon! kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
OK ma. Thank you very much
hunniesuzie:
Yes, just breastfeed her very well to make up

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Mami is this the BA?
Lolz, it'll come by His Grace
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tutulicious(f): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:

its well with her In Jesus name. Divine healing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
OK ma.. Because I just noticed the temperature rising again and its not up to 4hrs that we gave pcm

Pele..she will be fine.
When did you start the malaria treatment? Some babies run temperature till last day of the treatment.
Try not to overdose on pcm/ibuprofen. If her temp spikes in between the doses, use tepid water to mop her body.
hope she's not vomiting again?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
Thank you ma.

We started today but just the injection. The Dr asked us to start the drugs by tomorrow.

It's raining here that's why I didn't use the tepid water. Because of the cold
JGracious:

Pele..she will be fine.
When did you start the malaria treatment? Some babies run temperature till last day of the treatment.
Try not to overdose on pcm/ibuprofen. If her temp spikes in between the doses, use tepid water to mop her body.
hope she's not vomiting again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Thank you ma.

We started today but just the injection. The Dr asked us to start the drugs by tomorrow.

For the paracetamol, you can get calpol. It's more effective. Not to be used more than 4 times in 24hrs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
Keep her in only diaper. What's her temperature exactly? Alphahandmaiden is right about alternating pcm and ibuprofen
That's what I usually do. She'll be fine

kelizosuy:
Thank you ma.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
Amen. Welldone mama

FloraEC:

Lolz, it'll come by His Grace
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Adele is already fine by God's grace
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
I usually apply coconut oil to that part. Its no longer dry and her bum color is gradually coming back. Tyconcept you in Lag?

Try coconut oil
Giddyperson:
Me too, it bleached my baby's back when she was still a few weeks old and its that exact spot that's been suffering from the extreme dryness, dunno if that's the cause set.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
I pray for instant healing on ur daughter kelizosuy in d Jesus name. Amen!..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:10am On Jun 15, 2018
Giddyperson:
Lol lets say it depends on how many other people are using the milk at home and how often its taken. In my own case I think its lil cousin that's using Giddybaby as an excuse to finish the milk, she doesn't know its Ijebu she's dealing with. I'd soon start buying her her own separate tin of the cheapest milk I can find.

Sha try not to buy rat milk for her.
Ijebu girl

(1) (2) (3) ... (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Hadebiimiipee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.