Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,365 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400467 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
opella:

Happy birthday King D. He's such a cutie kiss

Thank you mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Cutie... Secret of hair grooming please. embarassed

Thank you.
For the hair, I wash it once a week with baby shampoo. I only comb his hair on Saturdays because he doesn’t seeing comb let alone using it to comb his hair.
Other days, I pour water on his hair while bathing him, apply jimpo ori or Sheabutter only on his hair and finger comb it. This way, i detangle it without crying and the hair is tangle free. The hair is full and long and I can pack it into one bun.

Cc iaatmgirl

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
uzobaby:

Happy birthday King...your son is so oooo cute.....I so wish my baby girl's hair is as full as his...

Thank you. It will grow with time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
MumIbeji:

Awwww... Sorry about the pains.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Graciouscharis:
So today is our first birthday. I’ve been trying to get a shot of him but the boy won’t cooperate.

First, he hid his face and then closed his eyes.
My boy is not in the mood to take pics.

Happy birthday King D. I love you So much.

Choi! See hair kiss kiss kiss
Hbd King D..have a wonderful year ahead, shugar kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
Anugod:
Pele o, so you still cramp? I don't know what that is anymore o grin tongue
Of course you need to celebrate the news of the chartered accountant by giving Cole a younger one na tongue so I'm rooting for you for April 2019 cappo grin cheesy

Last week I had a pregnancy scare ehn. For the first time since we started using CD, CD burst o! shocked shocked
I wwas busy closing eye when there was a break in transmission. cheesy I asked wetin happen Only to hear say package don burst o shocked shocked
When? For how long? The thing enter? shocked shocked
I ran to check my ovu calendar, mehn, the timing was on point o! Na so I begin pray for forgiveness for all my sins o grin grin grin I started renouncing the joke I made on pregnancy thread wey make mamas begin dash me July 2019 cappo o grin grin grin
I had to buy test strip when af no show on due date. shocked shocked You needed to see my heart pounding while testing. I didn't even believe the bfn I saw, my only consolation was that I was not cramping. Af finally showed up next day, and I promised myself not to try rough play with my eyes closed again!

I will phone your village people that they missed and should go and wait for you at the junction.
Next.month will not pass you by tongue

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
Graciouscharis:
So today is our first birthday. I’ve been trying to get a shot of him but the boy won’t cooperate.

All this hair for a boy, I envy you o. Happy Birthday cutie pie, may you continue to shine in God's favour
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
iaatmgirl:

Thank you very much. How long should he use it to bath?
for me I will say 1wk for the bath .. don't worry it will go the hair one might do on and off eventually it will go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
Am sorry this night sound selfish but How do you tell your MIL to go back to her house??

She's being here since my baby was 2wks old and sorry to say she's adding to my exhaustion....

All she does is to bathe baby.....
I mean literally bathe baby.....

I cook n clean n do the vigilante business myself....
I even wash clothes myself

Ohk I was not complaining cos she is elderly like in her 70s but she keeps criticizing my cooking....
This is not the way to do this or that.....
I don't eat this or that.....

You must give baby this or that......

I think it's time I have my house back.....

Hubby doesn't stay with us.... He works in a separate place so even when I try to say am stressed he but keeps saying he's mother is very considerate.....
Now she's blaming me cos D'S has cough and catarrh because I refused her plenty plenty things when he was fine........

I went to get some drugs for him today she didn't say she was sick oh.... Now I just cook finish she now saying she couldn't sleep last night she has malaria I should go get drugs......
Why she nor talk when I go buy medicine for afternoon....
When am I supposed to rest ehn

**END OF RANT**
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Thank you.
For the hair, I wash it once a week with baby shampoo. I only comb his hair on Saturdays because he doesn’t seeing comb let alone using it to comb his hair.
Other days, I pour water on his hair while bathing him, apply jimpo ori or Sheabutter only on his hair and finger comb it. This way, i detangle it without crying and the hair is tangle free. The hair is full and long and I can pack it into one bun.

Cc iaatmgirl
Wow nice. smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lessonslearned, biko be ticking calendar and rejoice that each day brings you closer to when omugwo will finally be over.

Pele.
Don't get too mad at mama, na old age kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
lessonslearned:
Am sorry this night sound selfish but How do you tell your MIL to go back to her house??

She's being here since my baby was 2wks old and sorry to say she's adding to my exhaustion....

All she does is to bathe baby.....
I mean literally bathe baby.....

I cook n clean n do the vigilante business myself....
I even wash clothes myself

Ohk I was not complaining cos she is elderly like in her 70s but she keeps criticizing my cooking....
This is not the way to do this or that.....
I don't eat this or that.....

You must give baby this or that......

I think it's time I have my house back.....

Hubby doesn't stay with us.... He works in a separate place so even when I try to say am stressed he but keeps saying he's mother is very considerate.....
Now she's blaming me cos D'S has cough and catarrh because I refused her plenty plenty things when he was fine........

I went to get some drugs for him today she didn't say she was sick oh.... Now I just cook finish she now saying she couldn't sleep last night she has malaria I should go get drugs......
Why she nor talk when I go buy medicine for afternoon....
When am I supposed to rest ehn

**END OF RANT**
Teamie you are not being selfish nobody should add to your stress in the name of omugwo. Don't be the one to send her away just apply wisdom, discuss it with your hubby he should be the one to do the talk. Any word you say now, will be twisted behind your back. Just do what your strength can, after she bathe baby, carry her in, lock yourself in the room with enough provisions and water to take when hungry. If she knocks, tell her you are tired and need to catch some sleep cos baby didnt sleep at night . Tell her to feel free and enter the kitchen to cook whatever she wish to eat. cheesy grin You are lucky hubby is not there you don't have to bother about cooking all the time since its just your stomach.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emerald65(f): 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Congrats beautiful moms on ur LOs
Postpartum belt, waist trainers and corsets available.
Call/WhatsApp 09092172360

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
Happy birthday to him...I looooove his hair!

Graciouscharis:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
zaynie:

I will phone your village people that they missed and should go and wait for you at the junction.
Next.month will not pass you by tongue
Ah mami! No do me this kain thing na. Pesin no fit folo you play again?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
1. When his neck control is very good. Follow his cues but I suggest 4 months
2. No pap for exclusive baby biko. He needs to take formula first. You can start pap when you have established your formula and breastfeeding well (anytime from 5 months at the earliest).
3. Formula and BM is very ok up till 6 months sef
4realwoman:
Good afternoon mama's in the house and we'll done for all what you are doing here.
Please I have questions
* when can I start pitting my DS to sit. (MIL said from 3months)
* We are doing exclusive at the moment and I will like to start him on formular from 3months, but MIL is saying to start pap for him undecided is pap not too hard for his small stomach pls? If yes, when is the right time to start giving him pap.
* will formular like Nan & co alone be enough to hold him from 3months to 6months?

Pls help original jjc ftm.
Thank you to all my wonderful mama.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2018
MumIbeji:

Hehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin
Let me laff very well
Hahahahahahahahaha grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

***Runs out ***
Keep laughing oo while BFP fall on you! tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumIbeji(f): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
Anugod:
Keep laughing oo while BFP fall on you! tongue

I dodge am
Na me send you go play rough play ni? tongue tongue tongue
Please ooo, I'm having headache on my bumbum tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dacutebaby: 11:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=Ubiero post=69233388][/quote]

This was the method used for us too, we were given penicillin and started applying from the first night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
Good pm mamas. Trust we are all good.
Giddyperson ,pls ma enlighten me of the contraceptive pills you wanted to go for then. And if it is breast feeding friendly.

Mamas,any idea? Shuk mouth pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Happy birthday cutie, live long and prosper.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
zaynie:

Choi! See hair kiss kiss kiss
Hbd King D..have a wonderful year ahead, shugar kiss

Thank you sis

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:02am On Jul 12, 2018
imurboss:

All this hair for a boy, I envy you o. Happy Birthday cutie pie, may you continue to shine in God's favour

Amen. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:04am On Jul 12, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Happy birthday to him...I looooove his hair!

Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:06am On Jul 12, 2018
DocAdray:

Happy birthday cutie, live long and prosper.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:10am On Jul 12, 2018
https://www.babycenter.com/0_birth-control-shot-depo-provera_1282147.bc

Any Mama using this birth control shot? Side effects dey. Nawa.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 12:29am On Jul 12, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 12:29am On Jul 12, 2018
Nimi22:
That was how AF show itself 8 months and 3 weeks post partum. Mtscheew.
you are so lucky mine came yesterday 12wks,3dys post partum. Exactly one year since my last period b4 pregnancy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:30am On Jul 12, 2018
hunniesuzie:
1. When his neck control is very good. Follow his cues but I suggest 4 months
2. No pap for exclusive baby biko. He needs to take formula first. You can start pap when you have established your formula and breastfeeding well (anytime from 5 months at the earliest).
3. Formula and BM is very ok up till 6 months sef

If i understand you correctly, are u saying exclusive breastfed babies shouldn't be introduced directly to pap? Any reason in particular? Or is it about the age?

My son would be 4 months soon and i planned on introducing pap to him then. Do i need to start with formular first, say till 5months, then do pap? Or just start pap at 4months?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 1:38am On Jul 12, 2018
Ubiero:

Thank you so much. Finally, the ring fell off. It turned out not to be pus.

You welcome mama.....

May God bless your LO..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 1:39am On Jul 12, 2018
zaynie:
Lessonslearned, biko be ticking calendar and rejoice that each day brings you closer to when omugwo will finally be over.

Pele.
Don't get too mad at mama, na old age kiss kiss kiss

Thanks mama I go try

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.