Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391402 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opella(f): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
Congratulations Zaynie. Happy birthday Adele @kelizosuy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
kelizosuy:
Look who's ONE grin grin grin

Happy birthday princess

Happy birthday princess, u shall live to make ur parents proud
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anistef: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
kelizosuy:
Happy birthday princess
Happy birthday llnp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
Shallypop:
Thanks ma. I don't do any of these and i have no idea what she's allergic to in d house.

Be sure to check that your house is not damp and you don't have a mold or mildew problem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
FloraEC:

Babies react to many things, their immune system is not yet strong like ours.
Do you take her with you to the kitchen while frying?
Pouring fuel inside generator (I sneeze anytime I perceive fuel, same with my daughter)
Dust from outside, windows or curtains?
Allergies

Do you have a furry housemate,say a cat or dog. A lot of things even food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
Giddyperson:
cheesy When did my own happen, did you dream of me cheesy
wow for real I thought I saw a comment congratulating u and zayni. I couldn't get to go through the thread cos I was busy. Just dropped my comment and left.

Na congratulations in advance be that then cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julieeni(f): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
kelizosuy:

Happy birthday princess
happy birthday little princess....Gud evening mothers and pediatricians, my LO will be a year old next month. he doesn't crawl yet but shows signs of crawling since 8months, he just butt suffles. I took him to a pediatrician and without any test he told me he has sepsis cerebral palsy just cos he had serious jaundice at birth and had to do blood transfusion. I looked up for symptoms but he doesn't have any. he sat without support at 5months, his neck was fully controlled even before he was 3months n people were surprised, he rolls over, when in lying position he gets up n sits on his own, he claps, babbles, he put his legs in his mouth n his hands on his head, he kneels, jumps on his knees, maintains good eye contact n does not drool, he is a foodie eats anything FOOD. I'm just confused cos d doctor said he has cerebral palsy as a result of d jaundice but his bilirubim level was about 16% before d blood transfusion. pls any mother with this kind of experience?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
julieeni:

happy birthday little princess....Gud evening mothers and pediatricians, my LO will be a year old next month. he doesn't crawl yet but shows signs of crawling since 8months, he just butt suffles. I took him to a pediatrician and without any test he told me he has sepsis cerebral palsy just cos he had serious jaundice at birth and had to do blood transfusion. I looked up for symptoms but he doesn't have any. he sat without support at 5months, his neck was fully controlled even before he was 3months n people were surprised, he rolls over, when in lying position he gets up n sits on his own, he claps, babbles, he put his legs in his mouth n his hands on his head, he kneels, jumps on his knees, maintains good eye contact n does not drool, he is a foodie eats anything FOOD. I'm just confused cos d doctor said he has cerebral palsy as a result of d jaundice but his bilirubim level was about 16% before d blood transfusion. pls any mother with this kind of experience?

Did you see a doctor just because he isn't crawling yet or something else was amiss? undecided undecided I don't see why that's a problem when you have a healthy baby. And hope you know not every baby crawl, some start walking instead. My niece didn't crawl. I don't know the kind of paed you saw o but pls seek a second opinion.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shallypop(f): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
FloraEC:

Did you introduce any food
when she had bronchitis at 5 months, he was exclusively breastfed. I introduced solid at 6 months and it's d normal puree and cereal( cerelac and nutribom oat)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
Forevergirl:

Mama's please I want to travel by air with my 5 months old, what do I need for a stress free trip with a baby?

cc:kelizos...uy and rvpbae

Local or international flight?

For now, I've only travelled locally with my baby, with max airtime of 1hour. I still actively breastfeed him, so i just take a bottle of water in my bag. I breastfeed and give water if needed. Dress him appropriately because it can be really cold. I also keep my hand luggage as free as possible, i only take one diaper and wipes ( which i have never used), his handkerchief and a thick shawl.

I equally request for a window seat to make breastfeeding quite easy. I also ensure to wear a buttton down top, so it's easy for me to feed him. Try to ensure u are breastfeeding when taking off and when landinf because of the ear thingy, it makes my son cry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shallypop(f): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
Chimzy09:

Be sure to check that your house is not damp and you don't have a mold or mildew problem
I don't think so. Thanks u. I pray I get to d bottom of d allergies but she's sure reacting to something.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Thank you soo much mamas for the love we really appreciate it kiss kiss kiss

Amen to all the prayers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julieeni(f): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
rvpbae:

Did you see a doctor just because he isn't crawling yet or something else was amiss? undecided undecided I don't see why that's a problem when you have a healthy baby. And hope you know not every baby crawl, some start walking instead. My niece didn't crawl. I don't know the kind of paed you saw o but pls seek a second opinion.
I actually saw d doctor cos he wasn't crawling and yet to cruise around with furniture. I did seek for a second opinion but d doctor told me he's fine, that I shouldn't worry he will walk but you know mothers n worries are like 5n6
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Forevergirl: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Thanks dear rvpbae, it's a local flight and it's an hour 15 mins(Abuja to Lagos). So do I need to go with a baby carrier?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
zaynie:

Rota vaccine is a vaccine that helps to prevent a certain type of diarrhea caused by the Rota virus which can be very virulent.
If your child is pooping as a result of taking the vaccine I would be very cautious because vaccines do revert or mutate.
In diarrhea, what actually kills is the loss of electrolytes from the body and the fastest way to replace lost electrolytes is through IV fluids.
So ORS and Zinc may work but not fast enough.

But I guess he's OK now.

Not to lie, I never took the Rota vaccine because of the fear of it reverting. Even all the ones we took, didn't the kids still fall prey to the pathogens?
We took MMR, my kids had mumps laslas
They also had chickenpox.
So I honestly don't trust our health workers, our prayer is that the kids not be exposed to the really dangerous ones.

Walahi you're beginning to boost my morale not to go for this bcoz that total of 72k for the 2doses is seriously pinching my body embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
LadySarah:

Shallypop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodhairdiary: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
Happy birthday to your princess .... May she always make you proud
Congrats mama Zaynie
Cc. Kelizosuy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensk(f): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
Happy birthday princess. You'll grow in God's grace and fulfill your destiny.
Congrats mama zaynie, God bless your little one.

kelizosuy:

Happy birthday princess

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sisiyemisi: 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
Congratulations mama Zaynie,welcome my baby's namesake. Happy birthday Adele,may you celebrate more beautiful years, kudos mama Kelizosuy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
julieeni:

I actually saw d doctor cos he wasn't crawling and yet to cruise around with furniture. I did seek for a second opinion but d doctor told me he's fine, that I shouldn't worry he will walk but you know mothers n worries are like 5n6

I second with what rvpbae said, pls reject what that doc said a million times... From all your observations your baby is very healthy and will walk in due time with or without crawling,...

HBD Adele child of grace

Congrat ma'am zaynie....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
julieeni:

Please,See another doctor in a government hospital,its well.
Try cod liver oil and calcium supplements,while at it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shallypop(f): 12:10am On Oct 16, 2018
LadySarah:

No pet at all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 16, 2018
Congrats Zaynie on the birth of Akorede, may she always make you happy and proud

Happy birthday dear Adele, Grow and shine the brightness baby booboo. Kelizosuy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 3:53am On Oct 16, 2018
julieeni:

Calm down madam. Take a deep breath and listen.
Cerebral palsy is not a form of mental/intellectual impairment. I know that there are severe cases. Having a form of cerebral palsy does not mean you cannot walk or do some certain things it just depends on the severity.
There are lots of people that are living with cp, they were not diagnosed but it still doesn't change the fact that they have it.
When a baby is jaundiced to the extent that there's blood transfusion, most times it affects their development. It can come in the form of delay, poor eyesight or something.

Your doctor may be wrong but please don't fold your hands and do nothing and just say you are rejecting it. With the severe jaundice he had, you have to be proactive in seeking for intervention.

Does your son bear weight on his legs? Does the legs shake or is wobbly when he's put to stand? Please sincerely answer these questions.

If you have any concerns with the above asked questions and you are in Lagos, you can take him to Igbobi or luth and request to see a neurological paed. I mentioned igbobi because I know they do assessment. Do the assessment and start therapy if there's need for it. Early intervention is key.

I will suggest you buy omega 3,6,and 9 and vitamin b complex. Give him the right dosage. Please don't overdose it. Use Shea butter to massage the legs and brush his feet with these hair brushes. As much as you can give him fresh foods, vegetables and fruits. Avoid processed and tinned foods.

Your prayer point should be that he is not limited by jaundice or whatever diagnosis by the doctors. Please, if things doesn't work out the way you expect It, do not lose faith. It doesn't change the fact that God is God nor changes or diminishes his love for you and your baby. It only means that he is one of the special treasure sent by God to you, love him scatter and. Nurture him. They give the best hugs and are very sweet.

Please, I am not concluding that the doctor is right but I want to broaden your mind and maybe enlighten you a little. I believe in prayers and know that praying a right is key. If you reject the reality you end up being frustrated. The best time to reject and cancel jaundice and it's effect is when the baby is still in the womb.

I just saw where you stated that he butt shuffles, most times children like that don't crawl before walking. You can try out my suggestions.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2018
jazzyjazz:

I dont understand why you will spank a child that cannot talk

Potty training should start when a child is able to communicate. Anything outside that is trial by error!

My son and urs are age mates (he will be 2 in January too) and I dont sweat it with potty training. Sometimes he will poo or wee in the potty, sometimes he will do it on the couch, my bed or the floor. I dont blame him. He cant talk. What I do is I keep putting him on the potty...if I have time on my hands. if I am busy, then I simply wear him diaper and have my peace of mind

Thks for the response. It was actually just a very light spank. Trust me , they might not kno how to communicate yet but very intelligent. My son usually comes down from the bed n couch to pee on the floor, but he just intentionally peed on the bed n couch dat day just to be naughty. It was just a correction measure and he has stopped doing that after dat day.
As for potty training, you are right, i just have to be patient and not relent.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2018
nifeseun:

We are in the same boat oo, I don't even know what to do, when he sees the potty he throws it away, sometimes I force him to sit while he screams. Am just tired.
These our children ehh grin I know one day it will be history. Dont be tired..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2018
Fyngal1:

Hmm. My sister abeg when you find the solution, please halla me. I don tire for potty training matter embarassed embarassed

Pele, Dont be tired. Let us just keep trying. I heard is harder for boys.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2018
Without any tests? mami it's carpenter you saw not a paed

Your baby seems fine, not all babies crawl, crawling isn't a recognised milestone sef

Get a second opinion to ease your mind

julieeni:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:14am On Oct 16, 2018
Copied! This made me chuckle!

*For the attention of every woman:*

A woman, renewing her driver's licence , was asked by the woman at Registry to state her occupation.

She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

'What I mean is, ' explained the woman at Registry, 'do you have a job or are you just a ...?'

'Of course I have a job,' snapped the woman. 'I'm a Mum.'

'We don't list 'Mum' as an occupation, 'housewife' covers it,' Said the recorder emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation.
The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised,
efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like,
'Official Interrogator' or 'City Registrar.'

'What is your occupation?' she probed.

What made me say it? I do not know. The words simply popped out.

'I'm a *Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.'*

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair and looked up as though she had not heard right.

I repeated the title slowly emphasizing the most significant words.
Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written, in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

'Might I ask,' said the clerk with new interest, 'just what you do in your field?'

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, *'I have a continuing program of research*, (what mother doesn't) *In the laboratory and in the field,* (normally I would have said indoors and out).
*I'm working for my Masters*, (first the Lord and then the whole family) *and already have four credits* (all daughters).
*Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities,* (any mother care to disagree?) *and I often work 14 hours a day,* (24 is more like it).
*But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.'*

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, *I was greeted by my lab assistants* -- ages 13, 7, and 3.
Upstairs I could hear our *new experimental model,* (a 6 month old baby) *in the child development program*, testing out a new vocal pattern (crying).

I felt I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than 'just another Mum.'

*Motherhood!!!*
What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title on the door.

Does this make grandmothers
*'Senior Research associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations'*
And great grandmothers
*'Executive Senior Research Associates?'*
I think so!!!

I also think it makes Aunts '
*Associate Research Assistants.'*

May your troubles be less,
Your blessing be more,
And nothing but happiness come through your door

To all great mums!!! kiss kiss kiss

32 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2018
Forevergirl:
Thanks dear rvpbae, it's a local flight and it's an hour 15 mins(Abuja to Lagos). So do I need to go with a baby carrier?

I have never used a carrier, that's why i said i make my hand luggage as free as possible, so i can shuffle him around and not worry about his weight. Some people use carrier sha but i don't know how they breastfeed or of baby is left in the carrier all through.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Without any tests? mami it's carpenter you saw not a paed

Your baby seems fine, not all babies crawl, crawling isn't a recognised milestone sef

Get a second opinion to ease your mind

Actually, there's no test like lab test required to diagnose cerebral palsy. Doctors look at patients history, physical observation and statement from the mom to infer.
There's also no treatment for that. It's only interventions like therapies to help the child overcome the delays. Like all neurological disorder, Cerebral palsy is so wide that even the doctors get confused sometimes. Do you know that some people have but don't know because they can walk and talk but there are salient things we overlook that they can't do because of cp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.