Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402088 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
Graced2018:
Super Mummies, well done o!

Please Mums with 8 month old babies:

1. how did you get them to sleep all night? When will this vigil end biko?

2. Apart from their regular Cereals, fruit purees and rice puddings from Cow & Gate, what other nutritious (inexpensive) foods do you offer? My DD self-weaned already.

3. Also, what good hair products do you recommend for healthy hair growth?

At this age, she is ravenous... putting everything in sight in her mouth!

At 8 months, she can eat whatever you eat at home. Plantain porridge, Rice, beans, garri, blended pasta, (i like to blend the dry pasta before i cook) just put little or no pepper in her own meals and no bones.

As for sleeping at night, since she's been waened, try to start training her to sleep through the night. My method was to feed her as late as possible before she sleeps. (9-10pm) then not pick her up at night. If she wakes up I just tap her back until she sleeps back. If she's not sleeping back, I'd give water and keep tapping cheesy. Also make sure she's not too hot or too cold at night else she'd keep waking up. Didn't work for a long time cuz her dad would always pick her up and sing and feed and spoil her, but since we travelled and no daddy here, I've showed her who is boss cheesy She still wakes up eat every once in a while, and I feed her, esp if her last meal was before 7pm. I guess you would never stop totally waking up at night once you have kids, it just doesn't have to be every night.

Hair, I use water and shear butter mostly. I occasionally use other products to make life easier but I can't vouch for them.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
Yayy new page. 2003, i was in SS1. First term, I failed Maths and topped the class in food and nutrition. My father called me Food and Nut all through the holidays and made me spend all my time in the kitchen cheesy cheesy cheesy

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ameera2018:
Good evening Ladies,

Please who can recommend a good and durable electric breast pump to me? my options are Madela, Phillips avent and Lanosioh (Biko ignore my typos) Tnx

All these products u mentioned are nice
I have NUk electric breast pump nd is German product. Is of high quality too. U can call or chat me on 07034853820

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2018
Thank you so much. All noted

Giddyperson:

At 8 months, she can eat whatever you eat at home. Plantain porridge, Rice, beans, garri, blended pasta, (i like to blend the dry pasta before i cook) just put little or no pepper in her own meals and no bones.

As for sleeping at night, since she's been waened, try to start training her to sleep through the night. My method was to feed her as late as possible before she sleeps. (9-10pm) then not pick her up at night. If she wakes up I just tap her back until she sleeps back. If she's not sleeping back, I'd give water and keep tapping cheesy. Also make sure she's not too hot or too cold at night else she'd keep waking up. Didn't work for a long time cuz her dad would always pick her up and sing and feed and spoil her, but since we travelled and no daddy here, I've showed her who is boss cheesy She still wakes up eat every once in a while, and I feed her, esp if her last meal was before 7pm. I guess you would never stop totally waking up at night once you have kids, it just doesn't have to be every night.

Hair, I use water and shear butter mostly. I occasionally use other products to make life easier but I can't vouch for them.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
FloraEC:

Sorry dear. My dd coughs a lot too, their paed said is bronchial something, can't remember and is hereditary but will outgrow it before 10years. We don't sleep with AC on again, I don't do steam Inhalation for her, I fry once in a while and she mustn't be around even dust or fuel triggers it. I don't fleet again even if I want to, I do that in the morning when nobody is around and I always leave with my son so he won't inhale it too cos I don't know if he has it too.
I've Ascorex, Vit c and ibuprofen always in my house which was prescribed by the paed.
I believe she'll outgrow it one day.
E-hugs dear

Thanks so much mama. Also have those meds hsndyy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
HolySteph:

Have you tried giving ginger to your baby? Ginger has a very high benefits in cases like this. In your baby's pap/ogi blend ginger in it, in any other food put ginger. It'll help cure/relieve your baby from that. that's what has kept my baby from such ailment.

I wish your baby speed recovery.

I've always blended his pap with ginger just little quantity though and when the cough started again I have him ginger and honey but it didn't really help.

Thanks for the suggestions
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
enque:
Make una come chop cake o....
we are 2 yrs today

Happy birthday cutie.grow in wisdom and good health
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2018
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. smiley
we really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2018
goodfortun:

I've always blended his pap with ginger just little quantity though and when the cough started again I have him ginger and honey but it didn't really help.

Thanks for the suggestions
Do you give groundnut?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
HolySteph:

Do you give groundnut?

Not really
.. cos he doesn't chew yet and I don't add to his pap too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
HolySteph:

Do you give groundnut?

if u dnt mind my asking.....whats with groundnut?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2018
goodfortun:

Not really
.. cos he doesn't chew yet and I don't add to his pap too.
i'll suggest you keep trying the ginger... and as a mama suggested you take a break from the creche.. kids easily gets sick in the midst of other kids. Sorry about the ailment. He'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shallypop(f): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
HolySteph:

Have you tried giving ginger to your baby? Ginger has a very high benefits in cases like this. In your baby's pap/ogi blend ginger in it, in any other food put ginger. It'll help cure/relieve your baby from that. that's what has kept my baby from such ailment.

I wish your baby speed recovery.
Just got to know d effect of ginger from your post. Can i add raw ginger or I must boil b4 adding it? Also what quantity can I put in her food? Thanks so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2018
enque:

if u dnt mind my asking.....whats with groundnut?
It's comes with it's Good and side effect. Cough and skin allergy precisely, but its unsaturated fat is good for babies.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
Shallypop:
Just got to know d effect of ginger from your post. Can i add raw ginger or I must boil b4 adding it? Also what quantity can I put in her food? Thanks so much.
I don't know about raw... but boiling it before adding would be ok.. what I do, while grinding the guinea corn, millet and yellow corn, I add it together and grind. So when I'm extracting it I do it at once and while making the pap, the hot water in making it makes it cooked.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
HolySteph:

It's comes with it's Good and side effect. Cough and skin allergy precisely, but its unsaturated fat is good for babies.

my daughter loves groundnut o..
we finish a bottle in 1 week grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
cheesy cheesy
FloraEC:

Supplements don't do shit for her. She'll be hungry but will request for agege bread or aintain or nta(water). What I do is to feed her bit by bit like 5 times in a day with fight.
We've tried: Vitane, well kid, Astyfer.
I'll take 10ml of Astyfer and be shivering for food like someone that was starved.
If you want her to cry or sleep just bring out her plate grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oliran(f): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
Good afternoon mamas, I have 2 crèche on mind and I'm at a crossroad on which to pick.

1. It's opposite my house and it's a new school, although they have school elsewhere. they just built this annex in my street. The last time I checked there, they don't have any baby in crèche yet, and few pupils in other classes.

2. It's close to my house too as the street is behind us. The day I checked there, they have about 7 children in their crèche.

Hubby prefers the ones with children, he said DS will have friends to interact with.

Please mamas which one is better?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2018
Giddyperson:
Yayy new page. 2003, i was in SS1. First term, I failed Maths and topped the class in food and nutrition. My father called me Food and Nut all through the holidays and made me spend all my time in the kitchen cheesy cheesy cheesy
See this wan. You that in 2003 wore that your knee-length footballer green white green socks to goan write common entrance to secondary school. Or you think I've forgotten?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
Its Reload.
Halcyon123:
What type of supplements do u use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
enque:

my daughter loves groundnut o..
we finish a bottle in 1 week grin
How old is she?

Oh she just turned 2.

The effect is mainly under 12.. 15months is still around the corner tho. I think so.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
Oliran:
Good afternoon mamas, I have 2 crèche on mind and I'm at a crossroad on which to pick.

1. It's opposite my house and it's a new school, although they have school elsewhere. they just built this annex in my street. The last time I checked there, they don't have any baby in crèche yet, and few pupils in other classes.

2. It's close to my house too as the street is behind us. The day I checked there, they have about 7 children in their crèche.

Hubby prefers the ones with children, he said DS will have friends to interact with.

I'm sorry mama but I believe the more children the high tendency of children falling ill. Less children the less ailment and the caretaker would focus more on your child. My thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllGadgetsNG: 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
AllGadgetsNG:
Contact 09055927540 or 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo SINGLE & DOUBLE SuperFast Electric Breast Pump!!!

Single: 17,000
Double: 25,000

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

Contact 09053629994 for details or orders!!!

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Contact 09055927540 or 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shallypop(f): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
HolySteph:

I don't know about raw... but boiling it before adding would be ok.. what I do, while grinding the guinea corn, millet and yellow corn, I add it together and grind. So when I'm extracting it I do it at once and while making the pap, the hot water in making it makes it cooked.
Ok. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
Chai,and some of us were in Jss3
Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
Halcyon123:
Junior student
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
Thanks dear.Please can I see a pic pls grin
amorprincesa:
Its Reload.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
Halcyon123:
You sure? Me I was in jss 2 sha grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
My dear,yes fa.My sis graduated 03 while me I graduated from J3
Anugod:
You sure? Me I was in jss 2 sha grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
Anugod:
See this wan. You that in 2003 wore that your knee-length footballer green white green socks to goan write common entrance to secondary school. Or you think I've forgotten?
cheesy Another junior student spotted. I wrote common entrance in the 20th century.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
Senior Student.Foods and Nuts was fun sha.Always looking forward to fridays(practical day)enuf to eat.Failed Maths in Waec and came out with B3 in foods angry grin
Giddyperson:
Junior student
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2018
Oliran:

If he's up to 9 months old, then go for the one with kids. The learning and socializing to me is one of the few advantages of creche.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.