Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404955 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2019
Oh chim. embarassed

Whats with the wet, slippery and slimy here kwanu? Na snail ?

Marketer Emerald easy biko. embarassed embarassed
Post reported. Not sure it works but undecided

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:26am On Apr 23, 2019
ifyalways:

Akpa akpu how did the chicken go?
Sorry been offline . Still need help?
Welcome back.
I later grilled it the boring old way, but i still don't mind tips.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2019
Giddyperson:

Welcome back.
I later grilled it the boring old way, but i still don't mind tips.
Okay. Will mention you somewhere else later. How are the children?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2019
ifyalways:
Oh chim. embarassed

Whats with the wet, slippery and slimy here kwanu? Na snail ?

Marketer Emerald easy biko. embarassed embarassed
Post reported. Not sure it works but undecided
Glam ma, when did you become a reporter's notebook. People cannot have slimy vagina in peace again. cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayooluwa48: 8:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello moms in the house. Hope we are enjoying our nursing? Pls I'm tired of not doing anything just sitting n waiting for what's not coming forth . I had to open another moniker coz I'm so shy here. Pls I just need help to get something doing so I can contribute to the family. I can make snacks and I can make oil, baby creams and soap and for adults too. I can fix nails also but I don't have any capital. Pls I'm so sorry to disturb. Thank you God bless. May we reap the fruit of our labor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Giddyperson:

Glam ma, when did you become a reporter's notebook. People cannot have slimy vagina in peace again. cheesy
Im jealous of the snail since i cant find mine to draw and pull like guitar strings cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2019
ayooluwa48:
Hello moms in the house. Hope we are enjoying our nursing? Pls I'm tired of not doing anything just sitting n waiting for what's not coming forth . I had to open another moniker coz I'm so shy here. Pls I just need help to get something doing so I can contribute to the family. I can make snacks and I can make oil, baby creams and soap and for adults too. I can fix nails also but I don't have any capital. Pls I'm so sorry to disturb. Thank you God bless. May we reap the fruit of our labor.

I'm sorry but if you want people to help you may need to come out with your real moniker so we know this isn't some serial Nairaland help seeker.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myzone18: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2019
Giddyperson:

How were you told to care for it at the hospital and have you been doing that?

At the hospital, i was told not to add anything that it will fall off by itself. For my son, i didn't add anything and it fell off but this one is till attached even after 2 weeks. It's not smelling neither does it have any pus but it is till attached. My mum is asking me to use methylated spirit tobe cleaning it but the hospital said i shouldnt add anything that it will fall off. pls help as i am getting really afraid is somerhing is wrong.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2019
Your oven won't give you the coal effect but it can be as close as possibe

Interestingly I just demolished some

Giddyperson:
Pls I want barbecued chicken for Easter. It has to look exactly like the one in the picture and no I'm not pregnant again. I don't want grilled chicken o, barbecued one. I know I can do it outside with a coal pot and whatnot, but I want to know if I can also do it in my oven. Who's ever done it, how do I do it? Thank you.
Where's all the foodies, liftedhan.ds, hunn.iesuzzie, en.que, armorp.rincess how's your belle, An.ugod, Zay.nie, Ifyal.ways, halcyonsomething cheesy Jgracio.us, Flor.EC, Pea.rl05
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2019
Happy birthday in arrears to him

Halcyon123:
Come and eat cake grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2019
Don't know if this has been resolved but please stop giving your baby drugs (even paracetamol) if there's nothing wrong with him

Drugs are for sick people

sharaff6:
Thanks. There is notting wrong with him. Am just thinking if i need to buy some drugs for him,because is only using paracetamol

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 11:40am On Apr 23, 2019
3weeks is long o! Just take baby to the hospital if you don't like traditional method. Have you been applying meth spirit as prescribed? I dont know if you would want to use leaf. Anyways, My mom used one leaf like that and within 5days, it fell off. I will ask her the name if you interested.
myzone18:

Good day sabi mama, I'm new here just gave birth almost 3weeks ago. Pls make una help me for this matter as I'm confuse on what to do. My baby of almost 3 weeks(will be 3 weeks on thursday) till has the umbilical stump cord on her. I am worried cos for my first son within 2 weeks, the cord has fallen off and healed. Should i be worried over that or i should go to the hospital.pls advise me as i am feeling concerned. I a.m. not in nigeria so i am afraid cos i am alone and dont know what to do.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllAboutBabyNg: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2019
Follow @allaboutbabyng on Instagram for all your baby formula. Great prices!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
myzone18:

At the hospital, i was told not to add anything that it will fall off by itself. For my son, i didn't add anything and it fell off but this one is till attached even after 2 weeks. It's not smelling neither does it have any pus but it is till attached. My mum is asking me to use methylated spirit tobe cleaning it but the hospital said i shouldnt add anything that it will fall off. pls help as i am getting really afraid is somerhing is wrong.
You can use spirit and cotton wool like your mum suggested, cuz I used for my two kids. But I think it also depends on the weather. GB was born around this time of the year and hers lasted about 2 weeks. But my son was born during December harmattan, and it dried up and fell off in less than a week cuz the weather was drying everything up. No need to be scared anyway since everything still looks okay cuz it would still fall off, with or without spirit.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
Please mummies, Any suggestion on how to get a good job in ph. Na marriage carry me come so I'm very new here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
myzone18:

Good day sabi mama, I'm new here just gave birth almost 3weeks ago. Pls make una help me for this matter as I'm confuse on what to do. My baby of almost 3 weeks(will be 3 weeks on thursday) till has the umbilical stump cord on her. I am worried cos for my first son within 2 weeks, the cord has fallen off and healed. Should i be worried over that or i should go to the hospital.pls advise me as i am feeling concerned. I am not in nigeria so i am afraid cos i am alone and dont know what to do.
Do you bathe baby properly or clean up?
If baby bathes properly,it will affect the drying of the stump, hence the need of the spirit after bathing.
Try exposing the stump,more to sun or gentle breeze.
I think if the cord stays up to six weeks that it becomes a problem.
You can still call your hospital,for further advice.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myzone18: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
[

Thanks sis

quote author=PraisesG post=77793182]
Do you bathe baby properly or clean up?
If baby bathes properly,it will affect the drying of the stump, hence the need of the spirit after bathing.
Try exposing the stump,more to sun or gentle breeze.
I think if the cord stays up to six weeks that it becomes a problem.
You can still call your hospital,for further advice.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myzone18: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
[

Thanks sis

quote author=Giddyperson post=77786402]
You can use spirit and cotton wool like your mum suggested, cuz I used for my two kids. But I think it also depends on the weather. GB was born around this time of the year and hers lasted about 2 weeks. But my son was born during December harmattan, and it dried up and fell off in less than a week cuz the weather was drying everything up. No need to be scared anyway since everything still looks okay cuz it would still fall off, with or without spirit.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myzone18: 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
[

The thing is i am not in nigeria for now. I was told by the oyibo doctors not to use anything, that it will fall off by itsef. I will go to the hospital then. Thanks sis.

quote author=amorprincesa post=77784394]3weeks is long o! Just take baby to the hospital if you don't like traditional method. Have you been applying meth spirit as prescribed? I dont know if you would want to use leaf. Anyways, My mom used one leaf like that and within 5days, it fell off. I will ask her the name if you interested. [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
You will see fashionable shoes on the gram and be eyeing it.
Its here now ó, don't wait till you hear sold out.
Ehn ehn.

Brown available.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sense making shoes.

Not every time black shoes. grin

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 6:04am On Apr 24, 2019
#rant# How do I handle my four months old that won't allow anyone to carry her except me and dad( maybe the caregivers at Babyland too). She will smile at everyone when either me or her dad is holding her. We were at her grandparents over the weekend and it was war. She started screaming the moment we stepped into their apartment, and that poor woman( paternal grandma) was almost crying because she won't let her carry her. She did that to everyone even my mom and dad. What do I do with her when she's like that?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bollyluv(f): 10:16am On Apr 24, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
Good morning mommies in the house
My baby is six months old about to start given him formular and we get him sma gold... If I want to prepare it will it be thick or watery and how will I measure what to give him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2019
Bollyluv:

My baby is six months old about to start given him formular and we get him sma gold... If I want to prepare it will it be thick or watery and how will I measure what to give him
Hope is SMA gold 2
Measurement is already on the preparation guide pamphlet.
Make it watery and also introduce water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:44am On Apr 24, 2019
Halycon123 did you later tried making the custard. Hope it came out well?
So mine finished, actually my siblings took one bucket so the remaining one I came back with finished courtesy of hubby that turned it to everyday breakfast. So I went to market and bought what I'll use in making it and everything cost me 900. Didn't see strawberry flavor so I bought vanilla and banana instead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2019
Bollyluv:
[color=#000099][/color]

Follow instructions written on the tin.
Think it's 30mls of water to one scoop. Please confirm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
FloraEC:
Halycon123 did you later tried making the custard. Hope it came out well?
So mine finished, actually my siblings took one bucket so the remaining one I came back with finished courtesy of hubby that turned it to everyday breakfast. So I went to market and bought what I'll use in making it and everything cost me 900. Didn't see strawberry flavor so I bought vanilla and banana instead.

Thanks for sharing
I'll give it a try too
Did you get up to one bucket with the ingredients you got this time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hello moms. My 5month old has a very stubborn drool rash on his neck. I’ve tried fighting it with Agnesia powder but it seems to make it worse.also tried leaving it alone but didn’t improve. Am currently dabbing it with methylated spirit twice a day after his bath but still no improvement. I try to always keep the area dry from drool and sweat. Nothing has worked and it’s been weeks.

Please what else can I try to effectively extinguish this rash for good?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2019
Awesomemama:

Thanks for sharing
I'll give it a try too
Did you get up to one bucket with the ingredients you got this time?
I used 2kg of corn flour, then 1 powdered of other ingredients so it won't be much.
Yea, I got a bucket
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omavicky(f): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
Chinnybaby99:
Please mummies, Any suggestion on how to get a good job in ph. Na marriage carry me come so I'm very new here. Thank you.
awww this is exactly what i wanted to write..marriage brought me to port harcourt too, i really need to find something doing, even if it's a teaching job.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2019
amSteph:
Hello moms. My 5month old has a very stubborn drool rash on his neck. I’ve tried fighting it with Agnesia powder but it seems to make it worse.also tried leaving it alone but didn’t improve. Am currently dabbing it with methylated spirit twice a day after his bath but still no improvement. I try to always keep the area dry from drool and sweat. Nothing has worked and it’s been weeks.

Buy Tioconazol by Tioccossid and be using it rub the affected part twice daily. I bought it at 1650 last week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kasany(f): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
amSteph:

Use Rainbow soap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.