Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429200 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:02am On May 27, 2015
Besea:

Mimi pls hw do i puree d fruits? Can i give my 5 month old? How do i stop my baby from biting me while sucking?
I have an electric mixer, but you can mash with a bowl and spoon. My babies (1st and 2nd) starting having teeth as early as 3mths and I didn't just do anything and they stop breastfeeding on their own at 9 and 6 months respectively maybe cos whenever the bite me I just remove my breast immediately. Yes u can mash banana for your 5months old,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:17pm On May 27, 2015
If your baby takes milk and take it well,dont bother to much,you can introduce food like indomie,and other adult foods. Then leave the child to be hungry he will also eat
Concerning seven seas I gave my daughter from birth and it worked for us even cod liver oil though it was not priscribed for us in the hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:27pm On May 27, 2015
Pele o, try amala with ewedu/ ogbono, pureed avocado pear mix with formula, blend mango n apple together, I'm sure he ll like one of these.
morrygreat:

Thanks for your reposed, I have try both spoon and bottle he will not even open mouth and if I try putting the spoon in his mouth he won't swallow it. Will try that amala. Once again thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by morrygreat: 1:32pm On May 27, 2015
franky2013:
Pele o, try amala with ewedu/ ogbono, pureed avocado pear mix with formula, blend mango n apple together, I'm sure he ll like one of these.

Thanks so much, I will try the Amala
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 1:45pm On May 27, 2015
[quote author=FINA4804 post=34139886]If your baby takes milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eumaca: 1:50pm On May 27, 2015
@lovinam thanks a lot.
That bread stuff was bad. I tried avoiding but family members were bringing loads of it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 2:12pm On May 27, 2015
FINA4804:
If your baby takes milk and take it well,dont bother to much,you can introduce food like indomie,and other adult foods. Then leave the child to be hungry he will also eat
Concerning seven seas I gave my daughter from birth and it worked for us even cod liver oil though it was not priscribed for us in the hospital.

Personally, I don't advise Indomie/noodles for babies, even kids, but if you have to, pls avoid the spices as much as possible and use just a little of it. Also, try and combine with other nutritious food like mackerel, eggs, mashed vegetables etc

Indomie on its own has got very little nutrients and some experts advise strongly against the use of its spice esp for children.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 2:21pm On May 27, 2015
experienced mamas, please can you recommend a good and affordable breast pump to me. I bought camera but its a waste of money. my hand dey pain me n milk not really coming out.usujg my hand to express better pass am.
pls share ur experience or rather recommend one for me with an idea of the price pls.
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 4:10pm On May 27, 2015
mimibe:
I have an electric mixer, but you can mash with a bowl and spoon. My babies (1st and 2nd) starting having teeth as early as 3mths and I didn't just do anything and they stop breastfeeding on their own at 9 and 6 months respectively maybe cos whenever the bite me I just remove my breast immediately. Yes u can mash banana for your 5months old,
Oh! Nice, thank u. My baby is teething tho is avocado alryt too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 27, 2015
Besea:

Oh! Nice, thank u. My baby is teething tho is avocado alryt too
I tried avocado for my son but he didn't like it, we moved to banana and that's his favorite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tforever(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2015
hello mums its children day/week love your children the more improve and balance their nutrients with this beautiful product Fun colors and shapes that your kids will love! • No
artificial colors or preservatives • Chewable tablets •
Phytonutrient base taken from the finest raw foods
including bro Give your kids the nutrients they need
each day with Forever Kids® Chewable
Multivitamins. These fun and delicious multivitamins
provide both adults and growing kids ages two and
older with the vital vitamins, minerals and
phytonutrients they may be lacking. Phytonutrients
are highly desirable plant nutrients found in
vegetables and fruits. New processing techniques
allow us to emulsify, dehydrate and flash-dry raw
fruits and vegetables – to protect the valuable
phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals and enzymes
our bodies need. The result is a multivitamin that
tastes great, is fun to eat and complements the
range of other supplements that Forever Living
offers! Formulated without sugar, aspartame,
artificial colors or preservatives, the phytonutrient
base is taken from such nutritious foods as carrots, to order call 08131195769

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hope223: 8:43pm On May 27, 2015
ifefunmi:
Hello mamas, hope we are all fine? pls which immunization package is better? General hospital or private. A lot of people are recommending general hospital, pls educate me as I just had a baby

They are d same package but like someone earlier said,depends on d potency.I heard dat some private hospitals stores dia own on d refrigerator after first opening unlike d GH.So it depends on d potency dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hope223: 8:51pm On May 27, 2015
CNN80:
Please I need some expert opinions. I found commercially prepared soybean powder in a supermarket. It has crayfish, dryfish and groundnut added to it. Do you think I should get it for my baby? I can't make it myself. He's already taking pap but when I put crayfish in it, he doesn't like it.

Thanks @ Lovinam,doing a great job here.God bless u.
My dear pls don't get it for ur baby especially d one dey hv already added crayfish and so on.I add soyabeans to my lo s food but I prepare it myself.If u wish I can send d preparation 4 u.It is so easy and more economical and hyegnic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 9:44pm On May 27, 2015
Hmmmm. I don't think noodles is advisable for todlers. I've read some thing online about noodles and its pretty scary. I don't even think its advisable for adults sef.
FINA4804:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:19am On May 28, 2015
ifefunmi:
Hello mamas, hope we are all fine? pls which immunization package is better? General hospital or private. A lot of people are recommending general hospital, pls educate me as I just had a baby
D reason ppl recommend general hospital is simply cos of d patronage, u r highly unlikely to get a stale/expired vaccine there.
This wouldnt b a problem if d private hospital u r using av a gud patronage too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:25am On May 28, 2015
Hello mothers.
Leaving breast in babies mouth unaided while sucking will make d lower lips sag........ Myth or Fact?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:33am On May 28, 2015
mimibe:
I tried avocado for my son but he didn't like it, we moved to banana and that's his favorite

Pls, I need explanation on how to prepare it.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:35am On May 28, 2015
shndy:
Hello mothers.
Leaving breast in babies mouth unaided while sucking will make d lower lips sag........ Myth or Fact?

Fact shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 10:14am On May 28, 2015
shndy:
Hello mothers.
My sister,its a fact o especially for bursty women. you know the baby's lips is not very strong so if you leave the breast unaided while sucking the breast will rest on the lips thereby making it sag,infact i know a baby's lips that doesnt close because of this and she is getting old but couldnt control her lips again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 10:30am On May 28, 2015
Pls blessed mothers, which is d best cod liver oil for a nursing mother?

Secondly, since my 7month old lo is on cod liver oil, will it b ok for me to take as well?

Tnx for ur anticipated response/responses
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 10:36am On May 28, 2015
desiree:

I started wearing mine 3 days postpartum and by the 5th week my tummy was almost flat. You have to be committed to wearing it day and night that was why I adviced to get something that is comfortable and won't give you a sore skin.
Hello Desiree , how far with ur tummy, is d result permanent? Mine isn't. Maybe its cos I wasn't lucky with a good cincher, all d three I got were rubbish. Any idea where I cn get a gud one?
TIA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 10:42am On May 28, 2015
Wowza....tx for d prompt response rezzy n mydream25, I really appreciate. kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:10am On May 28, 2015
Hello mamas, how we dey? Happy children's day in arrears to all ou beautiful children. May God continue to help us be wonderful and exemplary mothers. Amen!

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 3:32pm On May 28, 2015
Hello dear. Pls send preparation of d Soya. I bought from d market since and its been starring at me because d pattern of roasting a friend told me is a long thing.

hope223:

Thanks @ Lovinam,doing a great job here.God bless u.
My dear pls don't get it for ur baby especially d one dey hv already added crayfish and so on.I add soyabeans to my lo s food but I prepare it myself.If u wish I can send d preparation 4 u.It is so easy and more economical and hyegnic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:16pm On May 28, 2015
joyousf:
experienced mamas, please can you recommend a good and affordable breast pump to me. I bought camera but its a waste of money. my hand dey pain me n milk not really coming out.usujg my hand to express better pass am.
pls share ur experience or rather recommend one for me with an idea of the price pls.
thanks

I used Avent and it worked well. Dont have an idea of the current cost though!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaobiFelix: 4:55pm On May 28, 2015
mimibe:
have u tried giving himthe kind of food you eat? Or try making the baby food by yourself? Like puree sweet potato, banana, avocado
morrygreat:

Amen! Thank you jare
mimibe:
have u tried giving himthe kind of food you eat? Or try making the baby food by yourself? Like puree sweet potato, banana, avocado
pls mimibe, how do I puree sweet potaatoes, is there any other inggredient I shld add?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lorlahbee: 5:01pm On May 28, 2015
lovinam:
Wow! Your mouth has been very busy, just like mine when I deliver. Lol!!
Try d orange it works. Yes, see his pead ask for natural remedy to the situation
Thank u so much, it worked o I gave him last night and he pood this evening...I'm so happy and relieved

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emdee590(m): 6:48pm On May 28, 2015
ednutey:
Moi 2nd gal is 3 months
Telll ur wife to stop worrying cos if she feels shes nt lactatin enuf d milk will refuse to flow,make d pap very watery she shld also try palmwine
Palm wine you said ooo ? What if the wife come drink to stupor nko come dae misbehave for house nko ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emdee590(m): 6:53pm On May 28, 2015
CHESSBOARD:
Pls I am a new father can I join...I have a new baby girl smiley
No you cannot join ooo till you pay gate fee first. I go pm u the acct no. Wey u go put fee

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 28, 2015
AdaobiFelix:
pls mimibe, how do I puree sweet potaatoes, is there any other inggredient I shld add?
I mix it with a little butter to make it soft for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:34pm On May 28, 2015
Glad to know it worked. Try to drink lots of wter and veggies so it doesn't happen again, You know he is young so the orange thing is like a last resort!!
Lorlahbee:

Thank u so much, it worked o I gave him last night and he pood this evening...I'm so happy and relieved
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:39pm On May 28, 2015
Oga wia u from come na? You sef wey de talk we never see ya membership dues o! Hian! Wey madam? She needs to confirm something before our presido go confam ur membership.
Question for madam
1. How manny times oga don follow u wake up foor night to feed or carry baby?
2. How many times oga don do diaper change?
3. He don baff baby before?
We await answers
Emdee590:

No you cannot join ooo till you pay gate fee first. I go pm u the acct no. Wey u go put fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.