Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430273 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
NoQualms1:
Hello mamas,

At what age should one stop sterilizing baby feeding bottles and co?

You shouldn't stop sterilizing the bottles till you stop using them. You may pack up the sterilizing unit and switch to tablets after like a year though. Depends on individual preference as well. The important thing is to keep these things as clean as possible!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
joyousf:

a friend is willing to help me get it from u. so how do I connect u two.

Great, my number is . Let me know immediately you get this so I can edit my post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
thank u very much for ur response. i bought AVENT n was given NYCIL as a gift, my sister d two nycil bottles didnt last for a week, meanwhile d avent is still intact even after 6months, i only decided to change d teeth when i wasnt sure if it was right to use it for a long period.
babythug:

Changing the bottles depends on the quality of the bottles. Some brands wear out and fade faster than others. Of course affordability is the key issue here. You can change every week if you so desire provided your pocket is speaking the same language.

The teeths(hope that's the spelling sef) will also need to be changed when worn out and the baby has torn the thing with their teeth finish LOL (wonder why the LOs all do that lol)
some children/babies use bottles till they're aged two so again it boils down to individual preferences. Some mothers stop bottle feeding at age 1 or even less sef.

Same applies to formula as well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ekyblink: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Greetings to you mums in the house, I have a 7 month old baby and she wouldn't take any type of milk except friso cereal or pap and breast milk. I leant that milk is really essential for her at this age and I do not think my breast milk is enough for her now. I tried force feeding but she will throw up immediately after. Please mums, how do I get her to drink milk. Thanks. First time mum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
maran1983:

Great, my number is . Let me know immediately you get this so I can edit my post

thanks. got it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
ekyblink:
Greetings to you mums in the house, I have a 7 month old baby and she wouldn't take any type of milk except friso cereal or pap and breast milk. I leant that milk is really essential for her at this age and I do not think my breast milk is enough for her now. I tried force feeding but she will throw up immediately after. Please mums, how do I get her to drink milk. Thanks. First time mum.

Have you tried incorporating the milk into all her meals ie the cereal and pap?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mulberry: 7:10am On Jun 03, 2015
Good morning dear mothers, this is a mother's cry for help! My son just turned 10 months on the first of June. I have been treating him for boils for a while now. I have had to change water to bathe him and wash his bottles. We have taken several trips to the hospital and have been given different types of antibiotics, yet just 2 days ago another batch of boils resurfaced again. I have been using savlon in his bathing water from birth. When i switched to dettol he started having dry patches on his skin so we changed back to savlon Please any ideas on how to combat this problem will be highly appreciated.

somebody please help on the post above ooooo. i need help!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:22am On Jun 03, 2015
ekyblink:

My baby never took formula till date and she is one year 2 months now, healthy weight. Met all her milestones on time so don't worry.

Put the milk in her pap and cereal and augment with breast milk. That will be enough
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2015
babythug:

You shouldn't stop sterilizing the bottles till you stop using them. You may pack up the sterilizing unit and switch to tablets after like a year though. Depends on individual preference as well. The important thing is to keep these things as clean as possible!!

Thanks mama.

Oluqueen:
please mummies, I need advice on what I can give my babies, they have catarrh and they breath with much difficulties.
Pls help.

I'm still waiting for answers to this. My baby's cough and catarrh has not stopped even though she's been taking the medicine that was given to her at the hospital for more than 3 days now. Mamas, any idea?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2015
My baby wants to suck her tumb o. Wat do I do to stop it. She is always on hand mitten. Wenever it comes off hand goes straight to mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2015
favoredgal:

My baby never took formula till date and she is one year 2 months now, healthy weight. Met all her milestones on time so don't worry.

Put the milk in her pap and cereal and augment with breast milk. That will be enough
you mean she doesn't take milk??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 9:47am On Jun 03, 2015
Pls mums my baby is 4 months nd 1 week.lately she has refused to suck breast milk though she takes formula,what should I do to make her suck breast again?.

Pls I ve asked this question be4 but no one responded..thought this forum is 4 helping one another?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2015
chelsea25:
Pls mums my baby is 4 months nd 1 week.lately she has refused to suck breast milk though she takes formula,what should I do to make her suck breast again?.

Pls I ve asked this question be4 but no one responded..thought this forum is 4 helping one another?

Remembered responding to d question maybe network didn let u see it. Sum babies just stop breastfeeding on their own plus do u laxtate well. Try express in bottle for her and see if she takes it but if nt, ur baby sure wants to wean herself early then u nid to start introducing cereals in her meal. Hope dis helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2015
NoQualms1:

Thanks mama.

I'm still waiting for answers to this. My baby's cough and catarrh has not stopped even though she's been taking the medicine that was given to her at the hospital for more than 3 days now. Mamas, any idea?

for catarrh, I used a drop of silver bird in a bucket of hot water then sat down with her in the bathroom while the vapour filled the air. some people use blanket to cover themselves so the baby can inhale the vapour directly but I felt the vapour was too strong and as such did it my way. that really helped to reduce my baby's catarrh. We were given antibiotics for cough but I stopped it when it started making her uncomfortable, she was showing signs of abdominal discomfort, vomiting and restlessness. She's still coughing while the catarrh has cleared.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2015
pls mamas i need help, my baby is having some kind thick rash on her bumbum n close to her kpekus, it has bn there for more than a month now,thinking it will go, she scratches it alot, i ve bn using huggies diaper n wipes, i only change d wipes recently when i couldnt get huggies wipe, i dont know if its d wipes dat caused it or d diaper is fake, i ve used sudocream, shea butter n agnesia powder yet no improvement. pls mummies what else can i use? i pity her alot whenever she scratches it n sometimes she screams, abeg make una help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dserious: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2015
@NoQualms

For the catarrh, do as Miraclemum says.
For the cough, if its improving, you may want to continue wt the hospital medicine for some more days; as cough in babies dont just disappear instantly.
If its not improving you can try piriton(there's a brand called Allergin) and Vitamin C, 3days and baby wuld be fine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dserious: 11:45am On Jun 03, 2015
@Franky for stubborn rash, i mix sudocream, shea butter and functbact A, it works wonder.
Since Funbact A is discouraged on this thread, you may want to apply sparingly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
franky2013:
pls mamas i need help, my baby is having some kind thick rash on her bumbum n close to her kpekus, it has bn there for more than a month now,thinking it will go, she scratches it alot, i ve bn using huggies diaper n wipes, i only change d wipes recently when i couldnt get huggies wipe, i dont know if its d wipes dat caused it or d diaper is fake, i ve used sudocream, shea butter n agnesia powder yet no improvement. pls mummies what else can i use? i pity her alot whenever she scratches it n sometimes she screams, abeg make una help

I used baby tribotan, it cleared after 2 days.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Use baby Tribotan. Also after wiping pls make sure d bum is dry, before wearing the baby diaper.
franky2013:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bu: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
franky2013:

Get Tribotan for babies and mix with shea butter, you will see visible difference by the end of the first day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biihem(f): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
good day mums,my baby will be 5months this Friday and she has not started taking cereals. still takes breast milk and formula. I want a suggestion of a wide range of food for her at this stage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
tnx alot mam, i appreciate
dserious:
@Franky for stubborn rash, i mix sudocream, shea butter and functbact A, it works wonder.
Since Funbact A is discouraged on this thread, you may want to apply sparingly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
tnx Mama , going to buy it nowwwwwww, grin
MiracleMum:

I used baby tribotan, it cleared after 2 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
Noted mummii, tnx alot.
vivigurl:
Use baby Tribotan. Also after wiping pls make sure d bum is dry, before wearing the baby diaper.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
cant wait to get home, tnx mam.
bu:

Get Tribotan for babies and mix with shea butter, you will see visible difference by the end of the first day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
chelsea25:

happened to me too o I was so sad,but I was expressing it into his bottle and he was taking it,after 2days he started taking from the breast again,your baby will still change,just keep giving her and also express into his bottle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mulberry: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
mulberry:
Good morning dear mothers, this is a mother's cry for help! My son just turned 10 months on the first of June. I have been treating him for boils for a while now. I have had to change water to bathe him and wash his bottles. We have taken several trips to the hospital and have been given different types of antibiotics, yet just 2 days ago another batch of boils resurfaced again. I have been using savlon in his bathing water from birth. When i switched to dettol he started having dry patches on his skin so we changed back to savlon Please any ideas on how to combat this problem will be highly appreciated.

somebody please help on the post above ooooo. i need help!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by frantoy(f): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
re: BABY RASHES
mothers pls always use shea butter and coconut oil on ur baby skin it works well and prevent any kind of rashers. i.e. ori and adi agbon

2. FOR MOTHER WITH BABY NOT SUCKING
Just express ur BM into bottle for him and try breast feeding him at night. then d formular intake.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
You can place some eucalyptus oil( a common brand is silver bird) or olbas oil which is a mixture of oils on a face towel or handkerchief and place near baby especially when sleeping. The inhaling of the menthol will help ease the catarrh.

Hope this helps!

NoQualms1:

Thanks mama.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mulberry: 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
[quote author=mulberry post=34384341][/quote]

Doctors in the house any advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobbies: 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Wonderful mothers in the house,need to shop for your kids? visit our online store today www.tobbies.com.ng or visit our store on konga /tobbies we stock the best brands and must-have styles in children's clothing

call/watsapp- 08094506182
facebook page- www.facebook.com/tobbieskids

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
mulberry:

Doctors in the house any advice.
evenin madam,am nt a doc bt a frnd mentioned dis same issue wt her baby boy nd Palaxin(antibiotic) workd for her and she apply ytacan wt ori on d boil even though I wil advice u get a doc recommendation for dat

Concernin d cattargh and cough issue,madam babythug don hammer d isssue well ,I use piriton linctus expectorant for my boy based on doc recommendtn and it works perfectly nd dnt forget d eucalyptus oil advice,u can dab sum on d baby's pillow or clothes,it helps wt breathin...s(doc reccommendatn very important o) all d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.