Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,314 members, 7,864,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4467396 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2019
mummydaezy:
Please, mamas I went to hospital and doctor prescribed these drugs for my 7 weeks old baby and eye drop. I hope is safe for her cos I was thinking it will the drugs with dropper she will be given.

I don't advice using eye drop at dat tender stage... Eye ointment is better for her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2019
Ok, the drugs look right then. Check the sheet inside the drugs, is there a dosage indicated for your baby's weight and age? If yes, is that what they prescribed that you give her?

Next time, ask the doctor to interpret the results for you, not just give you drugs. So you can better understand what you want to give your baby

All the best

[quote author=mummydaezy post=80609628][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2019
[quote author=mummydaezy post=80609628][/quote]
D drugs are OK just follow d instructions in administering d drugs.
It is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2019
mummydaezy:
Please, mamas I went to hospital and doctor prescribed these drugs for my 7 weeks old baby and eye drop. I hope is safe for her cos I was thinking it will the drugs with dropper she will be given.

When my baby was a day old she was given zinnat for 5days...for infection..so your 7weeks old is fine to take it..

Your baby will be fine ok.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2019
Hello Mums..

A week Ago I was strolling with my baby and this man called me,
He was like pls what cream do i use for my baby, that he has a baby and they use funbact A and shea butter.....wow!

He said now the baby's skin is peeling and with rashes, that it saddens him..
I quickly told him to stop funbact A, that its not for a baby....

I wrote down Sebamed for him cuz that's what my baby uses...but i still told him shea butter is just fine too..
Incase sebamed is on the high side, he was like he doesn't mind...That he really needs to help his baby..

So mums pls and pls, the fact that Funbact A or Skineal works fast the first time doesn't make it healthy for a baby...STOP.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummydaezy: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2019
[quote author=hunniesuzie post=80609912]Ok, the drugs look right then. Check the sheet inside the drugs, is there a dosage indicated for your baby's weight and age? If yes, is that what they prescribed that you give her?

Next time, ask the doctor to interpret the results for you, not just give you drugs. So you can better understand what you want to give your baby

All the best

Yes, the dosage prescribed is according to her weight as stated in the leaflet.
I do ask for the interpretation of the result but we went to general hospital and the doc was forming tired and in a haste by the time I collected the result.
Thanks so much. My mind has come down now and I have given her this morning though I started last night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummydaezy: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2019
unex50:

When my baby was a day old she was given zinnat for 5days...for infection..so your 7weeks old is fine to take it..

Your baby will be fine ok.

Ok, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummydaezy: 11:46am On Jul 25, 2019
sunbestie:

I don't advice using eye drop at dat tender stage... Eye ointment is better for her

Thanks so much I have started giving her the drugs but I didn't give her the eye drops. I don't know about eye ointment. I will still watch her if there is still need I will go to another hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2019
unex50:
Hello Mums..

He was like pls what cream do i use for my baby, that he has a baby and they use funbact A and shea butter.....wow!

I wrote down Sebamed for him cuz that's what my baby uses...but i still told him shea butter is just fine too..
Incase sebamed is on the high side, he was like he doesn't mind...That he really needs to help his baby..

So mums pls and pls, the fact that Funbact A or Skineal works fast the first time doesn't make it healthy for a baby...STOP.
THIS. THANK YOU

FUNBACT A IS NOT FOR BABIES. Funbact A was prescribed for an adult i know, to treat a fungal infection on her feet, the thing ended up bleaching the feet, now she's black and her feet is white. If it can do that to an adult, i wonder what it's doing on the skin of tender babies.

Parents using Funbact A are trying to bleach their babies on purpose. They know how toxic the cream is but they don't mind because it would make their babies fair. I don't care if you mix it with the BLOOD OF JESES before putting it on your baby, its still CHILD ABUSE.

ENOUGH OF THE LOW SELF ESTEEM. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL. If your baby was born fair and is now turning black, embrace is like that. There is nothing like bringing out his real complexion. We are all black people so all our real complexions are black. Embrace whatever shade of it your baby comes out in. Black is beautiful, jeez, how do you people not see it. I'm as angry as Jazzyjazz this morning

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
I know women that mix Funbact A with shea butter cos ther LO's are light skinned. Its a NO No for me cos i remember when i used Funbact A for my face, i had 2 colours. Yellow face and choco body grin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

THIS. THANK YOU

FUNBACT A IS NOT FOR BABIES. Funbact A was prescribed for an adult i know, to treat a fungal infection on her feet, the thing ended up bleaching the feet, now she's black and her feet is white. If it can do that to an adult, i wonder what it's doing on the skin of tender babies.

Parents using Funbact A are trying to bleach their babies on purpose. They know how toxic the cream is but they don't mind because it would make their babies fair. I don't care if you mix it with the BLOOD OF JESES before putting it on your baby, its still CHILD ABUSE.

ENOUGH OF THE LOW SELF ESTEEM. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL. If your baby was born fair and is now turning black, embrace is like that. There is nothing like bringing out his real complexion. We are all black people so all our real complexions are black. Embrace whatever shade of it your baby comes out in. Black is beautiful, jeez, how do you people not see it. I'm as angry as Jazzyjazz this morning

My sister, this is why i kumuma didn't respond again before they will say its hormones that is doing me.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
hunniesuzie:
What you shared is VERY deadly to baby's skin ma

I assume you didn't know at the time but please never repeat such

Skin cancer doesn't come from nowhere, there are indicators and applying strong steroids and drugs to a tender baby's skin is looking for serious trouble

That is all I want to say on the matter, a word is enough for the wise

I have reserved my energy for other things biko. I can't even begin to over flog issues about funbact A and ampiclox. I even shudder at the thought of the combination *yikes*
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sebamed tablet soap is so scarce in my area. They only have the liquid one (body wash). Is the body wash okay?

My 4 month old DS has been coughing and sneezing since lastweek. I took him to the hospital twice and he was given ACT, PCM, CPM and Amoxil syr. He was given this same antibiotics the 2nd time we visited the hospital but i didnt use it for him. I cant imagine giving a baby antibiotics twice in one week. We bought VIT C drops for him. The cough and catarrh refused to go. Please, what can i do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

THIS. THANK YOU

Say it louder dear, about 98% of mothers who uses Shea butter as baby cream mixes it either skineal, funbact or Vista plus or ampiclox etc

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
nneejima:

Say it louder dear, about 98% of mothers who uses Shea butter as baby cream mixes it either skineal, funbact or Vista plus or ampiclox etc
Even if those babies end up being yellow, they would grow up looking like bleaching cream people all because someone's low self-esteem wanted a yellow baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rbae:
Sebamed tablet soap is so scarce in my area. They only have the liquid one (body wash). Is the body wash okay?

My 4 month old DS has been coughing and sneezing since lastweek. I took him to the hospital twice and he was given ACT, PCM, CPM and Amoxil syr. He was given this same antibiotics the 2nd time we visited the hospital but i didnt use it for him. I cant imagine giving a baby antibiotics twice in one week. We bought VIT C drops for him. The cough and catarrh refused to go. Please, what can i do?

This is the season of cough and cattarh, viral infections will run its course. Cover up properly when out, keep him hydrated, do steam inhalation. When my son was that age, i would slightly elevate his head to enable him breathe better, used saline drops at night( not more than 3nights in a row), as well as 1 or 2 drops of silverbird on his bib. I rubbed mentholatum sometimes on his feet. It will pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rbae:

Didn't you tell the doctor that he had just completed antibiotics, sometimes they give a different brand if the first antibiotics didn't work, I've never been given the same brand twice.

If he's been tested for infection and its absent then it's most probably the cold weather. Try to keep him warm, let him wear socks everyday and Cardigan on cold and rainy days. Hope you're not using fan and AC. Keep going Vit C and if he goes to creche, try to keep him home for some days if you can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
jazzyjazz:

My sister, this is why i kumuma didn't respond again before they will say its hormones that is doing me.
cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

Even if those babies end up being yellow, they would grow up looking like bleaching cream people all because someone's low self-esteem wanted a yellow baby.

My sister, sometimes i jump and pass when i see some things here cos i don't want someone thinking I'm questioning their parenting skills, especially as i am a fairly new parent. When medications are involved, let us put disclaimer at the bottom cos some people here really do as some people have suggested.

When i was much younger, in my church, there's this family i seat behind during mass. The woman, her husband, her 3kids( 2girls, 1boy) all of them don bleach. The last child was about 4 or 5years. I can only imagine what she applies on their skin.

Even the educated ones are not left out. My aunty used to buy same for her two daughters cos those ones were dark like their father while the boy were fair like her. It continued that way and it destroyed their skin, it was only when they got into the university that they both stopped.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
mummydaezy:

Thanks so much I have started giving her the drugs but I didn't give her the eye drops. I don't know about eye ointment. I will still watch her if there is still need I will go to another hospital.
U can use the eye drop for her. My baby was 6 days old when doctor prescribed eye drop because she was having discharge.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

Didn't you tell the doctor that he had just completed antibiotics, sometimes they give a different brand if the first antibiotics didn't work, I've never been given the same brand twice.

If he's been tested for infection and its absent then it's most probably the cold weather. Try to keep him warm, let him wear socks everyday and Cardigan on cold and rainy days. Hope you're not using fan and AC. Keep going Vit C and if he goes to creche, try to keep him home for some days if you can.

Thanks for the response mama. Its a private hospital doctor and i told him its the same brand but my guy say make i still use am for my DS. We have stopped using fan and AC. I keep him warm always. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

grin grin grin grin You go fear artificial yellow pawpaw

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
rvpbae:

This is the season of cough and cattarh, viral infections will run its course. Cover up properly when out, keep him hydrated, do steam inhalation. When my son was that age, i would slightly elevate his head to enable him breathe better, used saline drops at night( not more than 3nights in a row), as well as 1 or 2 drops of silverbird on his bib. I rubbed mentholatum sometimes on his feet. It will pass.

Thanks so much mama. I'll try d saline drops. How is d drops applied?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rbae:

Thanks so much mama. I'll try d saline drops. How is d drops applied?

A drop or two in each nostril. Tilt the head back a bit
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
nneejima:

Oh wow, so the ampiclox is really a thing! I be jjc then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstLadyy: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hello mummies.. pls can I use powder for my 4months old dad's vg area if yes what brand is best.. They forgot to change her diapers Tru out the day and when I came back.. I saw that the place was very red and sore.. she cries when she urinate and touches the sore parts
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
rvpbae:

Please wat is saline drops and how do I get it? Is it safe for a 2 months old??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
unex50:
Hello Mums..

Loud it,dear.All these mixtures i cant fathom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Good evening to everyone, please my baby just turned 1 month today and I’m a new mother. I started noticing rashes on his body and was using powder, it dried up and turned to skin discoloration; my sister says it’s eela, I bought sudocrem cause that’s what the pharmacist asked me to use on him, someone says to get Agbo to bath him with and he’ll also drink it, I’m scared of the drinking part, i have been using the sudocrem for some days now and it hasn’t done much, just dries it up and nothing more, it’s still the way it is. I don’t know what to do. Thank you and please give suggestions ��
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
firstLadyy:
Hello mummies.. pls can I use powder for my 4months old dad's vg area if yes what brand is best.. They forgot to change her diapers Tru out the day and when I came back.. I saw that the place was very red and sore.. she cries when she urinate and touches the sore parts

No ma.Your baby shouldnt have any biz with powder
till 6 mths at least.Arent they teaching it anymore during antenatals...Use vaseline blueseal,tribotan Or sudocreme.You might want to air the bum the times You are around.Kpele
For other times,keep the vaseline near the diapers and use As base,that way even If changing is delayed,baby's bum is protected.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
BabeOk1:
Good evening to everyone, please my baby just turned 1 month today and I’m a new mother. I started noticing rashes on his body and was using powder, it dried up and turned to skin discoloration; my sister says it’s eela, I bought sudocrem cause that’s what the pharmacist asked me to use on him, someone says to get Agbo to bath him with and he’ll also drink it, I’m scared of the drinking part, i have been using the sudocrem for some days now and it hasn’t done much, just dries it up and nothing more, it’s still the way it is. I don’t know what to do. Thank you and please give suggestions ��

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
BabeOk1:

pls discontinue the usage.Truth to be told,for a baby that tender,hospital should be first on ur list.A whole lot of things Could bring out rashes;overclothing,normal baby rahes,skin rxn and lots more.Only the doc will tell.

Pls Dont give your baby anything to drink.If Its Eela,Ask for the red acalypha flower from Those ppl that grow flowers.boil and bath the baby.That was what i used for My first son when it came.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: GodShowmemercy(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.