Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401391 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Helens101: 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
Plz mamas,i am confuse, I need help. My baby is 10months old. He sleeps well during the day (2 naps) but at night,he is Jux too restless.he turn round, want to sit, want to crawl,want to sleep at the same time.i don't know if there is a problem. Pls who has experienced such and what the solution
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lemonadewifey:

God bless you ooo. Sincerely there's a difference when I sit on my mattress, sofa compared to when I sit on stool. So mattress makes it painful chai! Now I know better. I have been obsessed ever since my friend said her own got loosed. I'll try to take it of my mind. I do sitz bath morning and evening, is it okay? Thanks for your response ma. I really appreciate o
2-3 times a day should be okay, i'm not sure, I've never done sitz bath. What I do is wash and dry the site whenever I change pad or use the toilet for number 1 or 2. Most people do this in addition to sitz bath. It would help you heal faster.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
Helens101:
Plz mamas,i am confuse, I need help. My baby is 10months old. He sleeps well during the day (2 naps) but at night,he is Jux too restless.he turn round, want to sit, want to crawl,want to sleep at the same time.i don't know if there is a problem. Pls who has experienced such and what the solution
Could it be heat or hunger?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
I could imagine the pain of restitching. Try not to strain when pooing. Eat lots of fibre foods and cereals, take vitamin c also to aid healing process. If you want to eat eba make sure it's really soft and drink lots of water. Hope the doctor gave you pain killers. if you want to breastfeed try sitting on very soft pillows.
I won't advice you to lie down and feed lo because you might sleep off and it is dangerous if you do. Besides, a consultant told me that too much feeding of baby less than a year old while laying down causes ear infection.
TwinklingStar:
Pls new mum in the house. How do you treat episiotomy wound. Gave birth on Wednesday and doctor advice sitzbath (lukewarm water and salt) three times daily. Followed the process judiciously but my wound broke down( stitches got loose when I went to poo). Had to go back for resuturing today. (It hurts)
I constipate alot during pregnancy and also had hemorrhoids.

I'm in serious pain can't even sit to breastfeed my LO.
Any advice on what to do?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
She needs to register for antenatal and tell the doctor what she is experiencing so he/she can prescribe the appropriate drugs to be used.
obitobe:
Mothers in the house please I need advice, my wife is pregnant,this is just the first trimester and she throws up at any food she eats and even the bathroom she love now makes her throw up. While brushing she throws up, I need help or advice on how we can reduce this throwing up.

I will be patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Helens101:
If you are sure it's not heat or hunger, whenever he refuses to sleep in the night just switch off the light and let him be. When he is tired of playing, he will sleep off on his own.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Helens101: 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's heat cos the weather is cold cos of the rain. I will try to reduce light. Thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
TwinklingStar:
Pls new mum in the house. How do you treat episiotomy wound. Gave birth on Wednesday and doctor advice sitzbath (lukewarm water and salt) three times daily. Followed the process judiciously but my wound broke down( stitches got loose when I went to poo). Had to go back for resuturing today. (It hurts)
I constipate alot during pregnancy and also had hemorrhoids.

I'm in serious pain can't even sit to breastfeed my LO.
Any advice on what to do?

Chai!,this was me first Childbirth cry
Sorry ,the new stitch hurts like hell.Im sure You were given strong pain reliever.
To relief constipation,drink warm water frequently and a lot of vegetable soup for licking.Your poop will soften wella and slide out without You straining which puts pressure on the stitch .Leave Omugwo food until that place heals Very well. Little Or no garrI,bread,milk.

I didnt sit on water After the resuturing rather i wiped with a damp towel to avoid another story.

I was given Anusol for the haermohoids .Inform your gynae.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
obitobe:
Mothers in the house please I need advice, my wife is pregnant,this is just the first trimester and she throws up at any food she eats and even the bathroom she love now makes her throw up. While brushing she throws up, I need help or advice on how we can reduce this throwing up.

Its normal sir.Ihope She has registered though?Just Encourage to take her pills,eat Whatever it is that works for her .Dont stay too long in the morning without eating.

Some say crackers bisxuit,some ginger tea,Some spicy food .
I Always used gjnger though.It waa always in My mouth 24/7,when the urge comes,i take a bite.
She will get to discover what works for her.Congrats in advaance

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lemonadewifey:

We're in the same shoe o but I don't know if mine is loosed or not it just prick me and when I want to sit, it hurts a bit but I can sit comfortably. How do I know it's loosed please?? Cleaned and found a little blood yesterday but none today at all. Please I can't imagine going through the pains of resuturing o. Make Una help us o

Use a mirror.mine stung and afresh bright Blood started staining me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wonyi: 4:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Sorry to derail this thread. Please who has been following HALITA on channel 154?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2019
wonyi:
Sorry to derail this thread. Please who has been following HALITA on channel 154?

I have been using touch light to find the concluding part ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adayoung(f): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2019
Tessie89:

I think season 1 is over. May be they'll come up with season 2 later in the year.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adayoung(f): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2019
Good morning moms,pls is there any effective home remedy for cough for 10 months old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2019
Beautiful baby items for sale รณ.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2019
Aim07:

Can we talk on whatsapp? It can be way billed to you.
check your pm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wonyi: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2019
Tessie89:

my sister, they replaced it with my siblings and I.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2019
Helens101:
I don't think it's heat cos the weather is cold cos of the rain. I will try to reduce light. Thanks alot
Heat affects them a lot even with the weather, my baby does same too. but whenever she starts like this, i use handfan to blow her for like 5 minutes and she will sleep back immediately the air touch her. I don't know why they sweat a lot especially at night. And to make the matter worse, you can't expose them too cos of the weather. Heat makes them uncomfortable. Even with the light off, they still feel restless. God will help us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
wonyi:

Me.halita didn't end well jooh

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
comtem2011:
Heat affects them a lot even with the weather, my baby does same too. but whenever she starts like this, i use handfan to blow her for like 5 minutes and she will sleep back immediately the air touch her. I don't know why they sweat a lot especially at night. And to make the matter worse, you can't expose them too cos of the weather. Heat makes them uncomfortable. Even with the light off, they still feel restless. God will help us.
My baby is like that too. Most times, I allow him to get himself very tired and sleep or back him and take a walk around the compound. He can sweat for Africa even when the weather is cold. When the heat is disturbing him from sleeping I put on the fan or fan him till he sleeps. Well done, mommas. E no easy but God is our strength.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

My baby is like that too. Most times, I allow him to get himself very tired and sleep or back him and take a walk around the compound. He can sweat for Africa even when the weather is cold. When the heat is disturbing him from sleeping I put on the fan or fan him till he sleeps. Well done, mommas. E no easy but God is our strength.
Especially at night. God is our strength o. Taking care of them is a full time job.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
Tessie89:
Dear Mamas kindly assist, DD has been stooling for 8 days, although not always watery but like 5-6 times daily, 3times at night and like 3-4times during day time, took him to the hospital a test was done , no infection seen but malaria, was given anti malaria, zinc and ors, we still have like 3doze of zinc table left but baby has not been taken the ors solution, he spits it out. Condition has not improved, baby is 8month old, I don't want to believe this is teething related or could it be jedi-jedi as stool iis sometime foamy and mucus like occasionally. Also he seems to be feeling stomach ache or uncomfortable b4 stooling as he rolls abt and grunts b4 stooling.
Also doc prescribed I deworm him after completing medications but I have read here that baby are dewormed at 1yrs and above so I am not considering that.
Kindly assist a jjc mom
Please mummy since the Dr prescribed deworming, do it. My friend's 8 month baby started vomiting after eating anything. My friend took her to the doctor and Dr prescribed deworming and now she's fine. I learnt babies can be dewormed from 6 months if there is confirmed worm infestation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
comtem2011:
Especially at night. God is our strength o. Taking care of them is a full time job.
As in sometimes, I dey even cry when I don tire lol. But when I come here you mommas make me realize that I am not alone

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Helens101:

Maybe you should shook bress inside his mouth and off light...

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
obitobe:

It's normal...and it happened to me even after first trimester..
What i did was make sure i dnt eat before brushing..so even if i want to vomit its just water or saliva.

hopefully it will stop after first trimester..
Pls take care of her..Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oliran(f): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Adayoung:
Good morning moms,pls is there any effective home remedy for cough for 10 months old.
What I did for my son. I steamed apple and carrot, I blended both with little fresh ginger and tumeric. I added fresh orange juice too and I blended all together.
I gave it to my son and freeze the remaining portion.
I gave morning and night for like 4 days. I didn't know when catarrh and cough disappeared sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

As in sometimes, I dey even cry when I don tire lol. But when I come here you mommas make me realize that I am not alone
Yes o, experience of other mamas here makes the journey sweet,

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2019
Oliran:

What I did for my son. I steamed apple and carrot, I blended both with little fresh ginger and tumeric. I added fresh orange juice too and I blended all together.
I gave morning and night for like 4 days. I didn't know when catarrh and cough disappeared sef.

WOW..PLS CAN I DO THIS FOR MY 8MONTHS DD?...CATARH AND COUGH IS DEALING WITH HER..ND AFTER COUGHING SHE CRIES.. IT'S JUST PAINFUL.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2019
Please, i need help o. Are there mama's who are teachers in the group? Please, make una respond o i want to ask you questions. Mama Zaynie i mentioned u in a post. Please, respond. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumiteoluwa: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
Oliran:

Wow! Will try this for my 10 months old dd too, she's been having persistent cough and catarrh for over a month now. Thanks for this.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TwinklingStar(f): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2019
[quote author=LadySarah post=80754098]

Thanks alot ma and others who responded.. how frequent did you use the anusol and how long did it take to work?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
Rbae:
Please, i need help o. Are there mama's who are teachers in the group? Please, make una respond o i want to ask you questions. Mama Zaynie i mentioned u in a post. Please, respond. Thanks.
hello

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: oxygenator and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.