Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407239 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
Rbae:

Wow. Thanks. Is Cerave available in stores?
That, I don’t know sis. Maybe check the reputable stores wherever you live.. (Lagos?) I found it online on Jumia and Jiji and some other stores so I’m assuming it should be available at those big stores or shoprite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
hajarahbadmus:

Welcome to the club..

My three kids are all sucking their thumbs..I just redirect..

They will outgrow it with time
So no solution at all?
God will help us ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyPortable1(f): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2019
Good morning Fellow mamas smiley, so so Happy to Join this thread again.
I was delivered of a beautiful boy a week ago.
Mummy , Daddy, Senior Sibling and Newest Addition we are all doing well.

Please for our Yoruba Mothers, when I delivered hubby was with me and his Mum was the first person told early in the morning cause I delivered midnight.
I want to ask am I supposed to have called her separately to inform her I gave birth?
She never called to greet me till naming day (same with my first child).
I want to talk to husband man about it or should I let it go cause eee pain me ooo.
My parents and siblings must not hear sef, them go escalate the matter. So I have been telling everyone Mama is doing Grandma duties via phonecalls and apologizes for not been around to care for us.
My mum is not around either.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prettyuche(f): 7:51am On Aug 09, 2019
AyPortable1:

Please for our Yoruba Mothers, when I delivered hubby was with me and his Mum was the first person told early in the morning cause I delivered midnight.
I want to ask am I supposed to have called her separately to inform her I gave birth?
I want to talk to husband man about it or should I let it go cause eee pain me ooo.
My parents and siblings must not hear sef, them go escalate the matter. So I have been telling everyone Mama is doing Grandma duties via phonecalls and apologizes for not been around to care for us.
Let it go biko.there are things we will see and just ignore.Do not tell your people.at this time,u don't need any inlaw stress.But how are u taking care of the baby? Are u doing it all by yourself.?....congrats!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2019
AyPortable1:

This one weak me o, this is not even her first time of doing such. I'll like to ask, was she around for omugwo for your first child? May be something happened during that time.
But she suppose think of the newborn na. My mother in law use to tell me that "I'm not here because of you, I'm here because of my child". She use to say that very well and I'll do as if I didn't here anything.
It's obvious she is not happy with you. You need to speak out, let your mum know about it, nobody knows what will happen later.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2019
PraisesG:

Please,help the skin for her 20's and above, when they actually need the skin.
At times rashes, come from the products used,I learnt her to reduce usage of soap,oil,etc, change diapers as at when due.
It helped alot with skin rashes, dressing accordingly too.
Some rashes, actually come from within the body,and may need treatment from a professional.
That it works today doesn't mean it doesn't have repercussions.

Thank you ma..... Though someone told me.Thanks for info.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2019
lekzy007:
you can buy sudocrem it works well.

Ok ma,thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2019
amorprincesa:
Stop doing that
Alright ,thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2019
comtem2011:
I thought this issue of antibiotics mixture cream was condemned here like 2 weeks ago. Rashes is a normal thing in babies, it will come and go.

Lets be mindful of the kind of combination we rub on this little one's skin. Ampiclox that the smell is even irritating, I wonder how the baby's body will smell.

It is well.
Please am so sorry ooooooo,i did not know oooo,someone told me.feeling guilty right now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2019
AyPortable1:

Congrats on the little one!

It's obvious your MIL is nursing some misgivings but I've since learnt that its not everything the eye sees that it must say...

I'd say let it go. Be prayerful and focus on caring for your family including yourself.

Don't stress hubby about it too, he may or may not have noticed but as long as you're doing right to your in-laws God will vindicate you..

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2019
[quote author=hajarahbadmus post=81072268]

It might be teething or just simply reduction in appetite.
Try to ensure he takes as Much fruits as possible to make up for his vitamins..

May I also suggest you stop the nutriben and change his cereal?

You can make Quaker oats and store in his food flask..it can stay for a whole day..

You can also cook ofada rice with unsalted butter, onions ,carrots,green peas and beans..
When very soft, blend in a blender..

Add milk when ready..
You can prepare it and store in your freezer..
Just warm when he needs to eat..

There are different home made cereals that are more nutritious and sweeter than the regular processed ones..

I hope this helps..

[b]Hello ma, pls can you explain further, can i cook ordinary rice with this combination and store in the freezer...?
[/b]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaotanleye(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2019
Baby Cot For Sale. 20k
Comes With Bassinet.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2019
Sandypearl:

Please am so sorry ooooooo,i did not know oooo,someone told me.feeling guilty right now.
I am not condemning you but to take caution. We have to be careful of what old mamas out there tell us to do or apply on these babies. It might work today but have adverse reaction in later age.

And please don't apply that mixture on that baby again. Biko maami.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2019
AyPortable1:

You are not suppose to call her separately cos your husband has called her now. After your hubby's call, she is to pick her phone and call you to rejoice with you. Haba, its her grandchild now. She might be nursing something, someone needs to ask her if you have offended her and she kept mute. Or you talk to her by yourself, she should let you know your offence so you can apologise. Talk to your mum about it, they are both adult women and grandmas, both are experienced so they know how to sort things out. If I tell you to keep mute, for how long will you continue to nurture the bitterness, so its better to speak out now. You have married to the family and now part of them for life.

NB: there are some things that we think "it doesn't count" but end up to be a serious issue within the family.
My opinion.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2019
Abeg free her, she may just not be the calling type. So far she isn't giving you problem please allow her

AyPortable1:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2019
We learn everyday, go and sin no more grin grin grin

Sandypearl:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franashi(f): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2019
AyPortable1:

some people would say let it go but I wouldn't suggest that because most things will let go becomes bigger problem later. There is an underline reason why she is behaving like that towards u. I was to use myself as an example, when my father in law died I could stay in the village for more than 3 days because of my job which my husband was aware of, later I heard that my sisters in law were saying that "if na her papa uko na so she for do" lwas to go to there and talk about it but my husband said let it go. Fast forward to 1 yr remembrance, the sisters choose and bought clothes for themselves, husband's and kids then for my husband and kids but not for me. My husband still says let it go but I was angry about it and tension is building up without him knowing it.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyPortable1(f): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Prettyuche:

Let it go biko.there are things we will see and just ignore.Do not tell your people.at this time,u don't need any inlaw stress.But how are u taking care of the baby? Are u doing it all by yourself.?....congrats!

Hmmn! Thanks Sis, Yes I have been taking care of the kids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyPortable1(f): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
franashi:
some people would say let it go but I wouldn't suggest that because most things will let go becomes bigger problem later. There is an underline reason why she is behaving like that towards u. I was to use myself as an example, when my father in law died I could stay in the village for more than 3 days because of my job which my husband was aware of, later I heard that my sisters in law were saying that "if na her papa uko na so she for do" lwas to go to there and talk about it but my husband said let it go. Fast forward to 1 yr remembrance, the sisters choose and bought clothes for themselves, husband's and kids then for my husband and kids but not for me. My husband still says let it go but I was angry about it and tension is building up without him knowing it.
That's why I feel like talking it out so I don't get bitter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
AyPortable1:

That's why I feel like talking it out so I don't get bitter.
Its better, if not you might hate the woman for no reason and she may not know the why.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyPortable1(f): 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Abeg free her, she may just not be the calling type. So far she isn't giving you problem please allow her

She has never been the calling type is her excuse all the time but not when it comes to money, your phone batt will die
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyPortable1(f): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
comtem2011:
You are not suppose to call her separately cos your husband has called her now. After your hubby's call, she is to pick her phone and call you to rejoice with you. Haba, its her grandchild now. She might be nursing something, someone needs to ask her if you have offended her and she kept mute. Or you talk to her by yourself, she should let you know your offence so you can apologise. Talk to your mum about it, they are both adult women and grandmas, both are experienced so they know how to sort things out. If I tell you to keep mute, for how long will you continue to nurture the bitterness, so its better to speak out now. You have married to the family and now part of them for life.

NB: there are some things that we think "it doesn't count" but end up to be a serious issue within the family.
My opinion.
Thanks for your responses, I'll do what's best cause I don't want to nurse ill feelings towards her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyPortable1(f): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

This one weak me o, this is not even her first time of doing such. I'll like to ask, was she around for omugwo for your first child? May be something happened during that time.
But she suppose think of the newborn na. My mother in law use to tell me that "I'm not here because of you, I'm here because of my child". She use to say that very well and I'll do as if I didn't here anything.
It's obvious she is not happy with you. You need to speak out, let your mum know about it, nobody knows what will happen later.

Thank you mama, I'll do the needful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ameemee:
ok maa

Hi mama.
If you're still interested, the time is now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
kayzat:

God bless the giver, I am interested in this

NB: I can see it taken. God bless the giver and the receivers

Hi mama.
A cheerful giver decided to give 4 packs of Tombrown to you.
Delivery fee isn't included
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
sunbestie:

Alright

Hi mama.
A cheerful giver paid for half of your training fee. If you're still interested, please slide into my DM to pay the other half.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
firstLadyy:
plsss I want this for my dd maaam

Hi ma'am
A cheerful giver got 4 packs of Tom Brown for your baby.
Delivery is on you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
Good evening mothers.
Please, my 15days old daughter cries a lot at night and it's just too much for me because we usually end up not sleeping at all and my mum said it's navel ( cord fell off at 6days) that's paining her that's why. She bought medicine (herbal) called stomach cool (shuaibu) for baby, i refused (because I feel her kidneys are too tender to filter such things) and she became angry and doesn't even answer or help me when baby cries at night. She even reported me to my aunts and they've all been saying their own mind. What could be the problem and reason for such cries and what can I do or give to her if it's truly navel to ease the pain? Can herbal medicine be given to her also so I don't make a mistake in stopping my mum as she's already making me feel like I don't know what I am doing by not allowing her give her the herbal medicine
2. My breast milk pours too much that it chokes baby when she sucks and it also pours and stain my clothes (I have bought different brands and types of breast pads yet it doesn't hold) how do I prevent it from choking baby?
NB: I usually express into her bottles to feed or sometimes throw away and it becomes full and rock hard as if I didn't express it. In fact, I don't make use of the breast pump I bought as it pours out like tap.
3. Just noticed some rash like things inside her veejay this evening and I usually rub ori on it before using diaper on her, change her diaper immediately she messes it and I don't even allow it get full before changing it. What can I use to prevent the rash as it's making me seriously worried o.
This same rash was on her cheeks and neck immediately we left the hospital, it cleared without me using anything for it and now it's on her forehead also and I don't like it at all. What can I use?
4. Whenever she wants to pop, she squeezes her face and makes sounds as if it's strong yet she'll just drop one watery egusi like poo. Is it normal to make the sound and face thing?
5. Oga Google said they shouldn't bath babies everyday. How true is this? Won't it cause body odour as some people believe? For now, we bath everyday but use sponge and her bath wash for just 4times a week.
Help a ftm please and don't pass me by.
Sorry for the long post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
zaynie:

Hi mama.
A cheerful giver decided to give 4 packs of Tombrown to you.
Delivery fee isn't included

Wooooowww.

God bless the giver and answer all her prayers. We really appreciate this ma.

Thanks to you @ zainie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 2:28am On Aug 10, 2019
@Lemonadewifey.the Lord is your strength. I can imagine what you are going through. It will pass I tell you. Baby is adjusting being out of the womb. Please stand your ground do not allow mama to give her any herbal medicine, she's too tender for it and her system is still growing oooo. Please don't allow it I beg you.
Talk to your baby and sing to her. The first few days of babies lives is not easy for both mother and child.

For her navel, at hospital we were told to clean it with spirit until it falls. That's what I did and after it fell off I continue to clean with spirit until it healed completely.

For the rash, I use baby tribotan, I don't put it in her virginal ooooo. I apply on her bumbun and around her veejay. When my mum bath my baby she doesn't use ori in the veejay, the veejay cleans itself, just ensure you clean around the clotis and my mum usually use her finger to press the around down because it's swollen. It is better now. You can apply some of it on her face where the rash is. And it will clear. That's what I do whenever I see rash on her face.

I wish my milk flow is as good as yours I won't buy formula. My baby is 10weeks today and she has finished 5 Aptamil formula, we are on the sixth one now. Just express and store in storage bottles, if you have fridge, keep in the fridge. You need to invest in storage bottles. As your baby is still adjusting to flow of the breast milk. If it rushes too much, just pump and feed her. This stage too shall pass. It is well mama. My girl too didn't use to sleep at night but now she sleeps as long she has eaten.

Babies make faces when they want to poop, or mess. Imagine my girl makes sounds whenever she passes out gas and to poop too. If the poop is strong, I help her by giving her water and apply vasline inside her anus using cotton bud and immediately you see her making the face to push the poop out. Mama you are doing a great a job.!!!

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 9:25am On Aug 10, 2019
kayzat:

Wooooowww.

God bless the giver and answer all her prayers. We really appreciate this ma.

Thanks to you @ zainie

@zainie, even though we are based in Abeokuta but the family will be in lagos for the festive period and some days, please how do we pick up or delivery ma. Thanks and God bless everyone.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2019
Lovely mums,
Good morning All

Please I have some baby items/gears for sale.

1. Item name:
Brand: eg Fisher price
Age or baby weight Recommendation: eg birth to 11kg
Brief Item specifications: 4 in 1 rock and Glide soother. It is easily converts to a portable sit. It swings both ways and has a Glider music sounds and foot pedal operation.
Color: eg pink
Condition: eg new/used
Amount bought:
Sale price:
35k plus free delivery ( slightly negotiable if you do not want the free delivery)
Location of item:
Enugu
Seller's contact:08150889159

2. Item name: Breast Pump
Brand: Avent
Brief Item specifications: Manual breast pump, milk storage cups, New avent 26oml bottle, New Avent freeflow orthopedic soother/pacifier and new new avent bottle brush
Condition: neatly used
Amount bought:
Sale price:
Location of item:
Enugu
Sellers contact: 08150889159

(1) (2) (3) ... (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.