Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405747 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) (2310) (2311) (2312) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chimaria(f): 11:12am On Mar 01, 2020
Giddyperson:

Cough syrup? Maybe the doctor didn't really believe she has serious cough cuz these babies can do all the coughing at home then get to the hospital and act like they're good. Children's cough syrup hardly changes anything. Take her to the hospital and tell them you want to run test for infection, if it comes out positive, they would prescribe the appropriate drugs, if it's negative, you'd just have to keep her away from fan/AC, do occasional steam inhalation and warm massages until it stops.
Thanks a lot mama, that was exactly the case, she didn't even cough all the while we were in the hospital only to come home and started showing herself lol. Will take her to the hospital today.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
Due to popular demand, your maternity bra is available at affordable price

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
What u see is what u get

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Available

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
.Big
Small and medium size
Say No to exposing you breast in public

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tony0806: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Giddyperson:

How's your baby doing now? You guys should be more careful in future biko. To me, Ice cream and tea is a no until the baby is at least two. Try giving her home-made pureed foods, like Irish potatoes, Nigerian rice, even eba. Also you can mix your soya in pap and search nairaland through Google, for baby food ideas. Even bonababe sef is a no, let her teeth in piece.

Thanks for your advice. She's doing very well now. Just that she's yet to regain the weight she lost during the six days of her ordeal. She agreed to eat rice yesterday. Apart from breast milk, she'll close her mouth like an adult and even swing her head off when u bring it to her mouth. But I'm happy she's now lively. My wife said she's happy that baby is scattering the house again. Smilessssss... We'll try the meals you mentioned. Thanks once more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
gwng:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

PICS 1: KINYO MILK PUMP

PICS 2
1. Wooden counting stick/numbers: useful for counting, addition and also learn colours (1500)
2. Wooden shape-based toy, also teaches fraction concept (1500)
3. Rubik Cube: tests the IQ of your ward. (1500)
4. Harmonica (Mouth Organ) for kids (1000)

Nationwide Delivery Available
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jessyb: 5:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
A great free eBook to start and maintain great parenting the right way......here's a link....https://www.file-up.org /pau4va2rf5gh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jessyb: 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2020
Mummies good morning pls where can I get kiddies ipad or tablet to buy and at a cheap rate, also the type to buy. Make una answer me o. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 8:34am On Mar 03, 2020
Pacypatty:
Mummies good morning pls where can I get kiddies ipad or tablet to buy and at a cheap rate, also the type to buy. Make una answer me o. Thanks

If u are in Lagos, I can direct u to someone. I bought one for my baby last year May, it cost #18500 with glass screen guide and other accessories, d brand is Atouch
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 9:02am On Mar 03, 2020
Goldenheart002:

If u are in Lagos, I can direct u to someone. I bought one for my baby last year May, it cost #18500 with glass screen guide and other accessories, d brand is Atouch

Thanks ma for you prompt response am in Edo state. But I can ask my sister to help get it from Lagos ma,pls direct me to the person.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2020
Pacypatty:

Thanks ma for you prompt response am in Edo state. But I can ask my sister to help get it from Lagos ma,pls direct me to the person.

PM me pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
Goldenheart002:

PM me pls

I have sent a PM ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oddyjoyce: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
Omawumi17:
.Big
Small and medium size

How much pls. Can you deliver outside your base?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
Oddyjoyce:

Yes ma, 1200each
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Oddyjoyce:

1200 each, I can waybill to anywhere 3 pieces 3500

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glimpse(f): 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
Good evening everybody, my 13 months old son has refused to stop breastfeeding. Please I need ways on how to wean him. He eats other foods, rice, eba, cereals, pap, etc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Claire104: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2020
Good morning mothers.. Please help me o.my four months old baby has suffering from diarrhea for a week now.I went to the pharmacy and they told me its teething but it seems the drugs are not working. Please what do I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adezie: 10:55am On Mar 04, 2020
glimpse:
Good evening everybody, my 13 months old son has refused to stop breastfeeding. Please I need ways on how to wean him. He eats other foods, rice, eba, cereals, pap, etc.
Its good he eats other foods. That will make weaning him easy.
For my first daughter, I was thinking of how to start. Then one day, we were both so busy having fun that I realized she hadn't suckled for about 4 hours. That was how i took the bold step and started. I just distracted her as much as I could through the first day. You can sing and dance, go for fresh air outside. Anything to reduce the crying. I didn't stop at once. I just kept extending the time between each feed till we got to the point where she could go a whole day without breast milk. The whole process lasted about a week but it was easy for both of us as I didnt experience engorged breasts or pain and she didnt cry much.
Go from giving the breasts on demand to making him wait some mins before giving breasts. Dont let him cry. If alternatives and distraction doesnt work, give him the breast. However, keep extending the time between each feed. You can go from 30mins to one hour, two hours, three times a day, once daily and no breast for the whole day. Same applies at night.
Offer alternatives like water, tea or pap.
Lastly be committed. Once you start, go through with it if not it will be harder to start again.
Good luck and happy weaning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adezie: 11:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Claire104:
Good morning mothers.. Please help me o.my four months old baby has suffering from diarrhea for a week now.I went to the pharmacy and they told me its teething but it seems the drugs are not working. Please what do I do?
Same thing happened to my baby, I was told to just continue giving breasts milk and no drugs. It stopped on its own. But for your peace of mind, I would advice you see a doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Princesstee(f): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Claire104:
Please take your child to the hospital immediate pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ycmdng(m): 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day mothers and fathers in the house, whats the best medication for a skill rash on babies. Its reddish, shining discoloration.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glimpse(f): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
adezie:

Its good he eats other foods. That will make weaning him easy.
For my first daughter, I was thinking of how to start. Then one day, we were both so busy having fun that I realized she hadn't suckled for about 4 hours. That was how i took the bold step and started. I just distracted her as much as I could through the first day. You can sing and dance, go for fresh air outside. Anything to reduce the crying. I didn't stop at once. I just kept extending the time between each feed till we got to the point where she could go a whole day without breast milk. The whole process lasted about a week but it was easy for both of us as I didnt experience engorged breasts or pain and she didnt cry much.
Go from giving the breasts on demand to making him wait some mins before giving breasts. Dont let him cry. If alternatives and distraction doesnt work, give him the breast. However, keep extending the time between each feed. You can go from 30mins to one hour, two hours, three times a day, once daily and no breast for the whole day. Same applies at night.
Offer alternatives like water, tea or pap.
Lastly be committed. Once you start, go through with it if not it will be harder to start again.
Good luck and happy weaning.

Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MzBertty(f): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
My baby has a line in d middle of his head (oka Ori),pls what worked for u in closing d line
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2020
rvpbae:

Golden morn is ideally given from 3years, although lots of people give their kids regardless, even though it states on the pack that it isn't an infant cereal. In my opinion, I would say start from atleast 2years and you can give peak 123 but some parents complained that it made their kids purge, it's perfect for my son sha.

There are other cereal you can give, corn flakes is an alternative. Crush the flakes and mix with warm water to make it soft. Oats are also great, just add fruits to it, applesauce and co.

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anonymous29: 10:30am On Mar 05, 2020
ycmdng:
Good day mothers and fathers in the house, whats the best medication for a skill rash on babies. Its reddish, shining discoloration.
Thanks in anticipation.

I personally do not use anything per say. If the rashes are due to heat(which is most likely) just avoid over dressing the baby.
The rashes will clear once baby doesn't experience heat.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anonymous29: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2020
MzBertty:
My baby has a line in d middle of his head (oka Ori),pls what worked for u in closing d line

All babies have that line(opening) on their heads. It is not oka ori. It will close has baby grows.
If you are worried about it see a doc.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:36am On Mar 05, 2020
MzBertty:

It’s a sign of dehydration in the baby as well. Increase feeds for the child
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anonymous29: 10:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Claire104:

is your baby on ebf? paediatricians say teething doesn't cause diarrhea.
you can join a group on Facebook askthepaediatricians to ask baby related questions. Make sure to give baby ors to replenish lost fluids. Quick recovery to baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ycmdng(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2020
Anonymous29:

I personally do not use anything per say. If the rashes are due to heat(which is most likely) just avoid over dressing the baby.
The rashes will clear once baby doesn't experience heat.

Thanks a lot. It look different front heat rashes. My mum called it "pan". More like a dry skin that is glossy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amorprincesa24: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
Those pharmacists will always say it's teething. The diarrhoea could be caused by infection due to all those things babies put in their mouth.
Give ors, try see a paediatrician.
Claire104:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) (2310) (2311) (2312) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.