Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402445 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hello amazing mums, trust you & your loved are doing great.

We have pap suitable for weaning your little angels

1. Guinea corn paste

2. Guinea corn & millet paste

3. Multi grains paste.

Check out our other available variants
1. White corn pap Paste

2. Multi Grains pap paste flavoured with banana

3. Yellow Corn pap paste

4. Yellow corn pap paste flavoured with ginger

5. Multi Grains pap paste + dates

6. Multi Grains pap paste + ginger

7. Multi Grains + Peanuts pap paste

Suitable pap paste for fitfam, people with diabetes, older adults

8.Guinea Corn & millet pap paste

9. Guinea corn & millet pap paste with potatoes & dates

10. Guinea Corn + ginger pap paste

11. Guinea Corn & Millet pap paste + cinnamon & cloves.

12. Guinea Corn & Millet pap paste + ginger, garlic & uziza.

13. Guinea Corn & Millet pap paste + ginger

14. Guinea Corn & Millet pap paste + ginger & cloves.

15. Millet pap paste + ginger & cloves(koko).

Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by justified007: 1:54am On Sep 06, 2020
Good morning mothers in the house

Please , what can someone use for 20 months old baby having high temperature ?its all started last night and I am not comfortable with the way she's sounding from her sleep
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2020
justified007:
Good morning mothers in the house

Please , what can someone use for 20 months old baby having high temperature ?its all started last night and I am not comfortable with the way she's sounding from her sleep

How is she now? Prolonged Fever in babies and toddlers is not to be toyed with.

Give pcm and if it continues today, take her to the hospital for proper management.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by justified007: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2020
rvpbae:

How is she now? Prolonged Fever in babies and toddlers is not to be toyed with.

Give pcm and if it continues today, take her to the hospital for proper management.

We will be going to the hospital soon ma
Thanks so much ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2020
Jcuttie:
[color=#770077][/color]
Pls mummys and daddys in the house, what do I do to stop my four months old son from sucking his hands. His sucking is not due to hunger cos he sucks even when he just finish breastfeeding, he must suck before he can fall asleep if not he’d just be crying and struggling to sleep. If I use hand mitten, he soaks it up n that still doesn’t stop him. His sucking doesn’t affect his feeding cos he’s feeding pattern didn’t change, my husband said I should leave him that he would out grow it but I became worried again when I read of someone here saying it would affect his dentition.
Secondly is his pooing pattern, he poops once in a week now, maybe because I’m beginning to introduce solid foods to him, and he doesn’t like drinking water cos I’m not sure if breast milk would help digest the solid foods cos his poops is always hard. Pls how do I go about this cos I even give him orange like every other day cos he’s sweet mouthed hoping the orange will help but still it doesn’t. Pls I really need your replies. I’m a FTM
@nameflow, @zayne @all mummies and daddies
I think the sucking is still normal for his age.
Please don't give him oranges, to avoid acid reflux, his stomach is still too tender for the acid in orange.
Also, I think it's a bit too early to give him solids too

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by taitee(f): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hello everyone.
I'm a new mum, a christian and a working mother. I have also been preparing from an international exam before i had my baby and still preparing....its important
My mother in law helps out with the baby when i go to work.
My husband is a busy man

I need help.
I sometimes seem to be losing it due to the stress and workload.
Im exhausted.

Kindly connect me with any group / therapy where i can speak with other mums.

Is there any support group for new mums having to combine so much.
Whether whatsapp, telegram, nairaland.
I need to to talk with people who understand. Pls help me.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pearl005(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hello mommas,
Hope you're having a great day?
I have a Medela Advanced Personal Double breast pump available for sale. Some used parts of it are not included for hygienic reasons. It comes with adapter, battery pack, connecting tubes and piston for manual pump.
For sale at #50,000
Contact me on O8O5O4-Il-859 if you are interested.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Good afternoon mummies and happy Sunday, please the inner lips of my 6weeks old baby are black, it was so when he was born but slowly cleared up after a few weeks, I’m concerned because it has turned black again. Please has anyone witnessed such and did it clear up on its own abi it remained black.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobbydy(f): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
misseris:
Good day mommas, Pls help a stay at home mum that want to start a business. Pls where in Lagos market can I get baby accessories such as pop sock, baby shoes, cloth diapers, head bands, and baby glasses, socks and other fancy baby items to buy in wholesale prices. Also will I get items like d pics below to buy there? Thanks alot for ur answers.
happy Sunday to us all, May we all live to celebrate more of it. pls won't mind if we get answers to this ma's, really interested in this too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gistme12: 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
Happy Sunday mamas and papas. My 3 month old son sweat a lot on the head and the head is also a bit warmer than other part of his body, is this normal?.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Gistme12:
Happy Sunday mamas and papas. My 3 month old son sweat a lot on the head and the head is also a bit warmer than other part of his body, is this normal?.

Is the environment / room temperature cool? How many layers of clothing is he wearing at a time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Jaynifer51:
Good afternoon mummies and happy Sunday, please the inner lips of my 6weeks old baby are black, it was so when he was born but slowly cleared up after a few weeks, I’m concerned because it has turned black again. Please has anyone witnessed such and did it clear up on its own abi it remained black.

Ensure he’s well fed and not dehydrated, watch for another 24 hours and maybe speak with a dr .

With my last son it resolved on it own!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giftedniye: 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
hunniesuzie:
Please don't put products in her hair, she's too young

OK thanks you MA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
Happy Sunday mothers in the house, please my 9 months old baby doesn't have appetite for solid foods except noodles,it's really tiring, is it because of teething or its there anything I should be worried about,

secondly, is it alright to be giving him paracetamol syrup for babies with vitamins everyday even when he is not feeling feverish.. I asked my mom and she said it is ok...please house help us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
vicky6:
Happy Sunday mothers in the house, please my 9 months old baby doesn't have appetite for solid foods except noodles,it's really tiring, is it because of teething or its there anything I should be worried about,

secondly, is it alright to be giving him paracetamol syrup for babies with vitamins everyday even when he is not feeling feverish.. I asked my mom and she said it is ok...please house help us
It's a gradual process, at least she likes something, you can put egg or fish or even vegetables (tomatoes, carrots) in the noodles.
Secondly, I don't support pcm everyday. I do give my baby vit c everyday sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 9:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Dear House,

Which hospital in Ikeja can I take my son to for check-up?

I mean where there are qualified Paediatricians.

Regards.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
vicky6:

It is definitely not alright to give pcm everyday, that's drug abuse.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Caracta(f): 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
@taitee, trust me. It's normal to be exhausted and stressed up with a newborn. Just take it one day at a time. It gets better. Don't be surprised if you find yourself crying sometimes. However, watch out for the signs of postpartum depression. It is real but often neglected in our part of the world. Keep holding on. You can find great resources and awesome people on Nairaland to relate with.

Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RoyalEmpire: 3:16am On Sep 07, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Dear House,

Which hospital in Ikeja can I take my son to for check-up?

I mean where there are qualified Paediatricians.

Regards.

You can check Lagoon hospital

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 3:46am On Sep 07, 2020
RoyalEmpire:

You can check Lagoon hospital
Thank you ma'am, only Lagoon?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 6:37am On Sep 07, 2020
Jaynifer51:

Give it time, it will clear. Happened to my DS and was a bit worried too because it wasn't like that for my first. It was as if it wll be like that forever but it cleared all by itself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 7:55am On Sep 07, 2020
Thanks mama

babythug:

Ensure he’s well fed and dehydrated, watch for another 24 hours and maybe speak with a dr .

With my last son it resolved on it own!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 8:03am On Sep 07, 2020
Thank you mama

angeltolly:

Give it time, it will clear. Happened to my DS and was a bit worried too because it wasn't like that for my first. It was as if it wll be like that forever but it cleared all by itself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jeanos: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2020
Good morning E- mums.Pls should i be worried that my DS of 8 months isnt crawling yet but he sits and stretches to get any toy beside him.His weight is 9.lkg.Could his weught pose a reason why he isnt crawling.
I heard some babies skip crawling stage.How true is this.
Thanks for your responses�
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2020
As any one use this hospital before?Hope the hospital is good

Hospital details:
Mother and Child Hospital,
39 Adeniyi Jones Ave, Oba Akran, Ikeja.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2020
Jeanos:
Good morning E- mums.Pls should i be worried that my DS of 8 months isnt crawling yet but he sits and stretches to get any toy beside him.His weight is 9.lkg.Could his weught pose a reason why he isnt crawling.

There is no cause to be worried about him not crawling at 8 months. Don't allow people who says their own babies crawl at 4 months and started walking at 6 months pressurize you o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2020
Jeanos:
My son crawled at 9m, walked 14m.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Jeanos:

True, not all babies crawl. My first son crawled at 7months, walked at 11.

My second is 10months plus, she is just getting the hang of it, moves with her belly on the floor. But she took her first step yesterday.

So don't stress yourself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gistme12: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
babythug:

Is the environment / room temperature cool? How many layers of clothing is he wearing at a time?
The room temperature is warm, he always hold his head and squeeze his face
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pearl005(f): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Pearl005:
Hello mommas,
Hope you're having a great day?
I have a Medela Advanced Personal Double breast pump available for sale. Some used parts of it are not included for hygienic reasons. It comes with adapter, battery pack, connecting tubes and piston for manual pump.
For sale at #50,000
Contact me on O8O5O4-Il-859 if you are interested.
still available
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Gistme12:

The room temperature is warm, he always hold his head and squeeze his face

It should be cool not warm
If you’re in Africa! Explore making it a bit cooler open windows at the very least , baby doesn’t have to be in direct wind or cold but it should be moderately cool around him. Sweating can be uncomfortable
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gistme12: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
babythug:

It should be cool not warm
If you’re in Africa! Explore making it a bit cooler open windows at the very least , baby doesn’t have to be in direct wind or cold but it should be moderately cool around him. Sweating can be uncomfortable
I'll do that. Thanks ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.