Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391404 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 7:40am On Dec 24, 2021
sheycrown:
Hello mamas

So I weighed my baby girl yesterday and she weighed 4.5kg. she will be 2 months on the 27th of this month, my mum thinks her weight is too low, what is the ideal weight for her age please. I'm a first time mum.
baby's ideal weight is on ur postnatal card given to u at d hospital... U cn check it der
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2021
sheycrown:
Hello mamas

So I weighed my baby girl yesterday and she weighed 4.5kg. she will be 2 months on the 27th of this month, my mum thinks her weight is too low, what is the ideal weight for her age please. I'm a first time mum.
Depends on the baby's birth weight. Babies ideally should add 1kg every month or double their birth weight by 6months and triple the birth weight by 1 year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bidosko(m): 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
Clearance sale
Still Available

Baby car seat - 15k
Baby dinning table - 15k

Contact - 0 70 39 14 24 70
Location- kola, Alagbado lagos

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 11:32am On Dec 26, 2021
Merry Christmas moms!!!

I hope everyone is having a merry celebration. Pls moms in the US, is there any provision for some kind of international early intervention grant/visa I can key into? DS is 3years now and not much improvement in speech. Seems like he’s become more difficult to manage especially when he’s not having his way. I’m confused whether it’s stubbornness or something neurological. I hear of the free early intervention going on there and wish I could key into it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HoneyWholesaler: 10:28am On Dec 28, 2021
P.S. Original HONEY: for cheap wholesaler of original unadulterated honey straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:59am On Dec 29, 2021
amSteph:
Merry Christmas moms!!!

I hope everyone is having a merry celebration. Pls moms in the US, is there any provision for some kind of international early intervention grant/visa I can key into? DS is 3years now and not much improvement in speech. Seems like he’s become more difficult to manage especially when he’s not having his way. I’m confused whether it’s stubbornness or something neurological. I hear of the free early intervention going on there and wish I could key into it.
Lemme tag MamaOO, she might have answers for you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saheed69(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2021
Good day Mamas,

I don't know if I should be concerned or not , it is about my daughter weight, at birth she weigh 1.8kg (given birth to at 39 weeks plus days through CS) now at 5 months going to 6 months she weigh 4.5kg.

What I noticed is that she is not sick or show any sign of sickness, at 5 months she has started sitting down even making an attempt to crawl (like pick something from).

But she doesn't take anything apart from breast milk, we have tried Nan 1, SMA gold even pap she only takes a little. But she love to drink water too.

Anyone with experience on this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by emcemayo: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2021
you have a growing healthy baby what are you looking for
Saheed69:
Good day Mamas,

I don't know if I should be concerned or not , it is about my daughter weight, at birth she weigh 1.8kg (given birth to at 39 weeks plus days through CS) now at 5 months going to 6 months she weigh 4.5kg.

What I noticed is that she is not sick or show any sign of sickness, at 5 months she has started sitting down even making an attempt to crawl (like pick something from).

But she doesn't take anything apart from breast milk, we have tried Nan 1, SMA gold even pap she only takes a little. But she love to drink water too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saheed69(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2021
emcemayo:
you have a growing healthy baby what are you looking for

Thanks, just concerned about her weight
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by emcemayo: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2021
do you realized you mentioned the baby has x3 her birth weight already , as long as the child is healthy and growing well , not all children has heavy weight
Saheed69:

Thanks, just concerned about her weight

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2021
Saheed69:
Good day Mamas,

Since she isn't taking formula (Pap not advised until 6 months) you shouldn't have been giving her water. Her stomach is small and water will just fill it up leaving no space for milk and water has no calories. If she's taking just milk, stop the water.
I know you're tempted to compare her weight to children her mates but the factor to consider is her birth weight which was very low for 39weeks birth. She is expected to double her birth weight by 6 months and she has achieved it at 5months so she is growing well. Just stick to EBF without water and introduce fatty foods to her at 6 months.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saheed69(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
emcemayo:
do you realized you mentioned the baby has x3 her birth weight already , as long as the child is healthy and growing well , not all children has heavy weight

Thanks, I really appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saheed69(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
sugah:

Since she isn't taking formula (Pap not advised until 6 months) you shouldn't have been giving her water. Her stomach is small and water will just fill it up leaving no space for milk and water has no calories. If she's taking just milk, stop the water.
I know you're tempted to compare her weight to children her mates but the factor to consider is her birth weight which was very low for 39weeks birth. She is expected to double her birth weight by 6 months and she has achieved it at 5months so she is growing well. Just stick to EBF without water and introduce fatty foods to her at 6 months.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fruit4me: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
Good evening everyone, looks like I’m having postpartum depression, I put to bed via cs 7weeks ago, and I’m very moody. Pls what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennytwin: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2021
Fruit4me:
Good evening everyone, looks like I’m having postpartum depression, I put to bed via cs 7weeks ago, and I’m very moody. Pls what can I do?

Sorry dear. I don't really know much about it
But are you a first time mom? If yes,do u have some kind of help with things around? Like u r not stressing ursef much

Also what abt d CS pain,has it stopped or is still there? If it is still there,pain mks one feel moody.

You are allowed to be moody my dear but don't get too moody that it might affect pple around u ok.

Try reading Psalms that praise God,keep thanking Him for blessing u with this gift because it is indeed a huge gift.

Find little time to sleep and rest when u need it.

Confide in someone u trust about how u feel.
Take it a day at a time.

You will feel better soon my dear.
E- hugs
All the best

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 9:09am On Dec 31, 2021
sugah:

Lemme tag MamaOO, she might have answers for you
Merry Christmas dear in arrears dear kiss.

amSteph:
Merry Christmas moms!!!

Hey mom, sadly I don’t think there is any visa of such. Usually, early intervention is handled by regional centers (at least that’s what they’re called in the state of California). They handle EI until the child is 3 and if the child is still in need of additional help, its transitioned to the s hook district once they turn 3. All of these is handled by state programs and is state funded. It’s usually for US citizen kids or green cards (they verify too cos of insurance payments sad ). Sometimes speech therapy can be done via zoom, especially since COVID started, bill per session is around $75 - $120 depending on the provider. Insurance would pay if you have and if not, it has to be self paid. Have you looked into options around you? Which state in Nigeria do you reside? I know Lagos has some options, not sure about other states of the federation.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2021
Fruit4me:
Please talk to you doctor ASAP!!! I can’t stress this enough but you need to go back to see your doctor and get evaluated. There are meds that they can put you on. Please don’t delay. PPD untreated or unresolved can be dangerous.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
MamaOO:

Merry Christmas dear in arrears dear kiss.
Thanks dear. Happy New year and kisses to your boys.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bennytwin:

You are allowed to be moody my dear but don't get too moody that it might affect pple around u ok.

I know you're trying to help, but please NEVER say this to someone going through depression.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Fruit4me:
How are you feeling today? Is your supply better? If not please switch to formula for your baby, giving your baby formula doesn't make you a bad mother. All that matters is for you to be strong and available for your baby.
Have the boils healed? A doctor needs to recommend antibiotics for it and ensure everybody touching the baby washes their hands first.
I hope your husband has spoken to his mother to stop stressing you.

Is your mom alive and able to come be with you or you both move to her location so she can take care of you and the baby. Find things that make you relax/happy and do them. And if you have someone you can talk to please confide in them.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennytwin: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
sugah:

I know you're trying to help, but please NEVER say this to someone going through depression.

Ok dear. Thanks
Is just that some people make others feel is not ok to feel bad. To be honest,everyone feels bad at one time or the other in life,it is a reality. I was just trying to tell her it is ok if she is not so ok right now.

On the learning side,pls what better way should I have said it dear? Tnx

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bozz007(m): 4:31am On Jan 04, 2022
Is this thread for mums alone? smiley 6weeks old dad here grin grin

Our baby seems to be on Australian timezone, man sleeps almost all day and comes alive at night

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bozz007(m): 4:34am On Jan 04, 2022
Mizjemie25:
Please sabi mamas.. how can I increase my breast milk flow.. it seems I’m not lactating well enough to satisfy my kids ..

I bought milk booster cookies for my wife and she said they worked well. Check them on Instagram- milk booster

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jumy16: 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2022
Good morning and compliment of the season.

Please my baby has been coughing for over a week now, have given her vit c, cough drpos. still no improvement. The cough is not constantly, but it's lengthy, like some second before she stop and she doesn't have any fever.

I notice when she finished sucking, that when she started the cough and she's on EBF., Though I have cough too

I don't know maybe I should stop giving her breast and introduce formula for her..don't just know what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
bozz007:
Is this thread for mums alone? smiley 6weeks old dad here grin grin

Our baby seems to be on Australian timezone, man sleeps almost all day and comes alive at night

This made me laugh

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by femiowo1: 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
pls just discovered a red spot in the eye of my 11 months old baby. should I be worried Sabi Mamas?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
jumy16:
Good morning and compliment of the season.

Please my baby has been coughing for over a week now, have given her vit c, cough drpos. still no improvement. The cough is not constantly, but it's lengthy, like some second before she stop and she doesn't have any fever.

I notice when she finished sucking, that when she started the cough and she's on EBF., Though I have cough too

I don't know maybe I should stop giving her breast and introduce formula for her..don't just know what to do.

Please do not stop breastfeeding your baby because she has a cough. Trust me, the cough will run its course and your baby will be fine pretty soon. Try and cover your mouth when you cough around her, if you can't totally move away.
Have you seen a paediatrician? maybe he/she will help calm your fears and probably prescribe something after running the necessary tests.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
femiowo1:
pls just discovered a red spot in the eye of my 11 months old baby. should I be worried Sabi Mamas?

You can take your baby to the hospital to get it checked out properly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tifelola(f): 4:44am On Jan 07, 2022
Good morning moms..I have an almost 6months old baby boy and has been battling with a skin reaction that comes and goes on his back for like 4months or more now, it was yesterday that someone told me its eela. As a first time mom that knows nothing about this..pls how do I treat it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bidosko(m): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2022
Still available
bidosko:
Clearance sale
Still Available

Baby car seat - 15k
Baby dinning table - 15k

Contact - 0 70 39 14 24 70
Location- kola, Alagbado lagos
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christinaokon(f): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good afternoon all, please mum in the house help me, my husband is a salary earner. And I am not working for now because I am a nursing mother. he will collect his salary next week. Please assist us with anything to buy food, things are hard with us at the moment. Thank you and God bless Christiana James Okon, 0737092101. Access bank
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christinaokon(f): 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good afternoon, please mum in the house, help one of the mum , I am not happy to come and beg, things are not going well in our house. Please help us with little you can. Thank you and God bless. I am not working for now because I am still nursing my baby. Christiana James Okon, 0737092101. Access bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.