Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430168 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2015
bossladymo1:

I saw it this morning
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2015
favoredgal:

I saw it this morning

Pls spread the word. It's not fair at all. You can join the new group...it is slowly growing. The Franklin Awodiya guy is deleting anyone or anything that makes mention of this issue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Happy Sunday beautiful mamas, its my first time here. My LO is a month now, my MIL insists that I shudnt eat groundnuts dat it wil affect my baby, pls experienced mamas aw true is dis? Also can using of diff diaper brands affects my baby? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
bimsusy:
Happy Sunday beautiful mamas, its my first time here. My LO is a month now, my MIL insists that I shudnt eat groundnuts dat it wil affect my baby, pls experienced mamas aw true is dis? Also can using of diff diaper brands affects my baby? Thanks
for the groundnut issue it depends on your system,i ate everything after delivery and my baby was OK with it, but just watch what you it I can't really say eating groundnut will affect your baby. For using different diaper it depends on your baby's skin, some children have sensitive skin while some do not, but when you are changing diaper always use diaper cream like sudocream and the likes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
bossladymo1:

Pls spread the word. It's not fair at all. You can join the new group...it is slowly growing. The Franklin Awodiya guy is deleting anyone or anything that makes mention of this issue.
Thanks sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
RashMe:

Sis, d cramp is gone and flow now normal. Mumsy says she always see hers 6wks after delivery, so i guess no cause for alarm.

D stooling has stopped and i think there is a wound around d opening of my an*us, guess that wat cause d blood. Thanks

You are welcome sis. I have always gotten my period back exactly 28 days after putting to bed. I was more concerned about the stooling blood issues you mentioned. Still get it checked just to err on the side if caution.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
ritayoung:
.pls where can I buy the Bepanthen Nipple cream am seriously in pains wenever I breastfeed my baby, can I get it in a cemist shop or where ? Tnx pls urgent reply

I got mine on prescription....I'm sure other mamas will help you with where to buy it from. Or get something similar: lanolin and vitamin B5 are the active ingredients.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinyeaka85(f): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
Are there any So You Think You Can Cook members here? Here am I
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinyeaka85(f): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
bossladymo1:
Are there any So You Think You Can Cook members here?
Here am I
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
@FINA4804 Thanks, as a typical naija I don't want to dispose the various different diaper brands Brought during my son's naming.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
bossladymo1:
D'Prince Stores at Isheri (Ojodu Berger) will definitely have. The owner's wife has a baby section on the first floor. That's where I bought the one I used in Naija.

Also, there is another baby store in Magodo...it's on the street just before the entrance (The street spendless is on, for those that are conversant with Magodo).

There is also another one around Isheri market...Femtom or Femton. She sells nice quality baby clothes also.

Hmmmm. Madam, how come we go to the same shops. They sell nice things there as you mentioned. The last shop is Femto kids, close to former Isheri market. Isheri market has moved further Magodo gate. Bossladymo, how come you know my area like this?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
RashMe:

sake mi, when i told mumsy she said its normal, that she do see hers @6wks after birth. So i guess no cause for alarm.

ok... gud to hear that.. pls take care of our angel...whats her name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
desiree:

You are welcome sis. I have always gotten my period back exactly 28 days after putting to bed. I was more concerned about the stooling blood issues you mentioned. Still get it checked just to err on the side if caution.

Thanks sis, will do wink
desiree:

Thanks sis, will do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Rashomo:

ok... gud to hear that.. pls take care of our angel...whats her name

Will do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forlahkhe: 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
I av com to say thank u to ALL the wonderful mamas that recommended sebamed for ma baby. It works like magic. Its been a week now dt av been using it........all d mama wey neva try sebamed, abeg make una go try am o
bossladymo1:

Try sebamed or aveeno.

Come back to testify.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
MiracleMum:

Hmmmm. Madam, how come we go to the same shops. They sell nice things there as you mentioned. The last shop is Femto kids, close to former Isheri market. Isheri market has moved further Magodo gate. Bossladymo, how come you know my area like thisl?

Hahaha. I used to live around that area when we were still in Naija.

Yeaaa that's true....I forgot Isheri market moved closer to Magodo gate.

I hail o! lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
RashMe:

Will do, Rihanat OmoDesire

wat a nyc name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2015
Good evening,please the soft spot on my baby's head is still pumping up nd down;like its breathing think they call it (oka ori) in Yoruba.his 16months now ......do l need to be worried or I should take him to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
MGeey:

Mine was given one injection on the left lap and two drops in the mouth.
We were given two on d left nd right thigh and 2 drops of opv. Penta. Pcv. Opv
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
bossladymo1:

Pneumococcal and Rotavirus are new vaccines. They have not been subsidised by the govt yet. Private hospitals and some govt hospitals give it. You have to specifically request for it.
pcv is free where I am o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
mytestimony:
R u in osun state
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
bimsusy:
@FINA4804 Thanks, as a typical naija I don't want to dispose the various different diaper brands Brought during my son's naming.
yes that's true,just use sudocream but if he react you have to dispose it....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
pls can i use sebamed children shampoo on my 7months old baby hair.. her hair is too dry ..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
mytestimony:

Ehn ehn....as at Feb in Lagos, it was not free.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Rashomo:
pls can i use sebamed children shampoo on my 7months old baby hair.. her hair is too dry ..

Buy a conditioner instead, and stop washing it with shampoo.

Then start a deep conditioning regimen on her hair...so it can regain its moisture and shine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Motun31(f): 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
mimzy:
My baby takes similac advance so that's the measurement of her scoop, 1scoop of formula wl make 60ml of water,im sure ur scoop is half d size of mine which is not out of the norm as all formulas do not have d same scoop,iv posted this pics before,im posting it again for u to see the size of my scoop.
As for d ratio of formula to cereal, if Ure giving him cow n gate cereal lyk u mentioned in ur previous post, remember that it already contains milk? The cereal is not meant to replace his formula of course so what I do is...let's say my LO takes six bottles in a day, I feed her cereal twice, one jar of food, and den three bottles of formula. I'll try to look for d website instructions on cereal preparation den post to u.
And of course,if u feel the need to add more formula to ur cereal preparation, go along with ur motherly instincts, milk can never be too much
o

Pls how much is the similar advance. What to introduce formular to my four months old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 20, 2015
Motun31. 7500 to 8k depending on d store. It's also available in can 4k

[quote author=Motun31 post=36062876][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:39am On Jul 20, 2015
lovinam:
Pls share more on the wipes. I'm hearing this for the first time.

I made my own clothe wipes, they're cheaper and more effective than disposables and they clean better, plus they're not as cold and drying (I've used disposable wipes a lot on people and myself, so I know that). My wipes are made of some very soft fabric so it's not scratching baby's sensitive bum.

Below is all my stuff I use for changing. It's not that much in reality (it ends up as just 4 small items I can move easily: changing pad, wipe, diaper and diaper solution). The changing pad has pouches so I just pack them and throw them in my bag.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 5:32am On Jul 20, 2015
bossladymo1:

Buy a conditioner instead, and stop washing it with shampoo.

Then start a deep conditioning regimen on her hair...so it can regain its moisture and shine.

@bossladymo1 , thankz... do sebamed has conditioner..hw much does it cost..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2015
Onegai:

I made my own clothe wipes, they're cheaper and more effective than disposables and they clean better, plus they're not as cold and drying (I've used disposable wipes a lot on people and myself, so I know that). My wipes are made of some very soft fabric so it's not scratching baby's sensitive bum.

Below is all my stuff I use for changing. It's not that much in reality (it ends up as just 4 small items I can move easily: changing pad, wipe, diaper and diaper solution). The changing pad has pouches so I just pack them and throw them in my bag.

Cloth nappies....fine.

But cloth wipes......how do you maintain the hygeine? Cos just like plastic plates and oil, regular contact between clothes and poo/urine tends to leave remnants.
Do you wet it before use? Or how exactly.

And regarding the drying, there are many wipes out there that dont dry out...many.

undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2015
Rashomo:

@bossladymo1 , thankz... do sebamed has conditioner..hw much does it cost..

I dont know if they do. If they do, fine. If they don't, then any good kiddies conditioner is fine. Also, you might want to look online for deep moisturising regimen using natural products.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.