Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393135 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
olaoyekemi:
Gud morning beautiful mamas,pls my daughter stomach is always making some funny noise and she stretch weneva it makes does funny noise,and again my daughter as been battling with cough and cattarh for some days now we were given JAWACLOX antibiotic and vitamin C but it seems it only reduce BT d cattarch is still dere.I always feel her pains wen d cattarch is disturbing her and makes breathing a little bit difficult for her.pls any suggestion on wat to use.she will b 3mnth by Sunday

Cough and catarrh at 3 months? Naaa....you need to be more careful with her and her things. Cough at 3 months is too early. Just go with the doctors prescription. Ensure youbstore the antibiotic as per instructions on the leaflet...then also ensure you complete the dosage.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shawbabe: 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
olaoyekemi:
Gud morning beautiful mamas,pls my daughter stomach is always making some funny noise and she stretch weneva it makes does funny noise,and again my daughter as been battling with cough and cattarh for some days now we were given JAWACLOX antibiotic and vitamin C but it seems it only reduce BT d cattarch is still dere.I always feel her pains wen d cattarch is disturbing her and makes breathing a little bit difficult for her.pls any suggestion on wat to use.she will b 3mnth by Sunday
First of all STOP giving ur baby antibiotics!!!! Dunno why naija Drs are quick to prescribe this for infants?! Catarrh is NOT caused by bacteria but Virus. Naija Drs can be funny.
Buy Saline Drops and drop it in her nose to loosen the catarrh, then suction the mucus out with a nasal suction. It normally comes in the pack of Saline drop u buy.
Then buy Olbas oil and drop in her room or bed...anywhere her nose is when she lies down so she can inhale it. Or drop in hot water and have her inhale. DON'T DROP ON HER SKIN OR INSIDE HER NOSE PLS!
hen buy Piriton syrup for children and give her 0.3ml three times a day. She should be fine in about 3 days.
Pls stop the antibiotics biko!!! All these quack naija Drs and over sabi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IyawoToBe(f): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shawbabe:

First of all STOP giving ur baby antibiotics!!!! Dunno why naija Drs are quick to prescribe this for infants?! Catarrh is NOT caused by bacteria but Virus. Naija Drs can be funny.
Buy Saline Drops and drop it in her nose to loosen the catarrh, then suction the mucus out with a nasal suction. It normally comes in the pack of Saline drop u buy.
Then buy Olbas oil and drop in her room or bed...anywhere her nose is when she lies down so she can inhale it. Or drop in hot water and have her inhale. DON'T DROP ON HER SKIN OR INSIDE HER NOSE PLS!
hen buy Piriton syrup for children and give her 0.3ml three times a day. She should be fine in about 3 days.
Was meaning to say this too. My pead in Lifeline told me antibiotics is a NO NO for infants, after one quack general practitioner prescribed antibiotics and adult antacid for my baby at two months. May God save us from the hands of these dokita alaberes lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Was meaning to say this too. My pead in Lifeline told me antibiotics is a NO NO for infants, after one quack general practitioner prescribed antibiotics and adult antacid for my baby at two months. May God save us from the hands of these dokita alaberes lipsrsealed

This^
That's y I insist on seeing a pediatrician for my kids...the one that annoys me is every fever is malaria and typhoid, no lab test to prove it and start prescribing drugs angry mitchewwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shawbabe:
Didn't even know this thread exists and I was stuck in the Travel birth thread asking questions.

My baby is 5 months, is it safe to start giving her soups, fruits, mashed potatoes and fish?
Wait till she s 6 months,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Beryl15:

This^
That's y I insist on seeing a pediatrician for my kids...the one that annoys me is every fever is malaria and typhoid, no lab test to prove it and start prescribing drugs angry mitchewwww
grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
MiracleMum:

It wasnt thick oh. She eats at the creche as i was told, but with me - it's a no no. she just wants to play with every part of my body then when she is sleepy she'd just take little breastmilk and doze off.
u sure say na she dey eat dat food for creche? just wondering sha!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shawbabe:

Incase she can't get saline drops, breastmilk is equally good. Dunno why but my nasal suction never worked! Had to use my mouth to suction.
Olbas oil is so on point, it'll clear the airways.

N:B: Sis u cant really rule out bacterial pneumonia u know. D doc checked the baby not us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Arihodo:
u sure say na she dey eat dat food for creche? just wondering sha!
Assuming I never met my baby when he was eating at the creche I might have doubts too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
shndy:

Incase she can't get saline drops, breastmilk is equally good. Dunno why but my nasal suction never worked! Had to use my mouth to suction.
Olbas oil is so on point, it'll clear the airways.

N:B: Sis u cant really rule out bacterial pneumonia u know. D doc checked the baby not us
tank u 4 this information. my son had catarrh few weeks he was born till now 3months. u need to see him struggling for his breath each time he cries or make attempt to such . u go pity am. i have never heard of salin b4. infect, i am going to put BM for him nose now now even though him dey sleep. i lov this family.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
shndy:

Assuming I never met my baby when he was eating at the creche I might have doubts too.
u r lucky ooo. u met God fearing people.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
@shawbaba, pls where can I get Saline drops to buy in nigeria, precisely in PH, I have being looking for it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Arihodo:
tank u 4 this information. my son had catarrh few weeks he was born till now 3months. u need to see him struggling for his breath each time he cries or make attempt to such . u go pity am. i have never heard of salin b4. infect, i am going to put BM for him nose now now even though him dey sleep. i lov this family.
Have you taken him for check up? Cold shouldn't take that long to go o. Or is it an on and off thing?
For d breastmilk, don't use too much o, just express small in a container, I use d dropper in paracetamol bottle to suck small milk, tilt d head a little n drop. Wait a few sec, turn baby's head down so excess fluid can run out.
Warm bath does d magic too.
Try and get the olbas oil, its very effective

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
Use vegaz cream for the rashes.it works like magic.its 50 naira.thank me latr
shndy:

Sis u r so on point. My baby's bum is darker than the rest of his body and it's the only place I rub ori. He also have rashes when rubbed on him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
shndy:

Have you taken him for check up? Cold shouldn't take that long to go o. Or is it an on and off thing?
For d breastmilk, don't use too much o, just express small in a container, I use d dropper in paracetamol bottle to suck small milk, tilt d head a little n drop. Wait a few sec, turn baby's head down so excess fluid can run out.
Warm bath does d magic too.
Try and get the olbas oil, its very effective
tanks dear, i think i might be the cause of his catarr cos each time he sweat, he becomes unconfortable, so i either fan him or UnCloth him. bt i tink the BM works cos he didnt struggle much as he cries. bt i have nt seen any fluid out of the nose yet. bt he is relief. what i dnt know is how many time i need to drop the BM. how often pls?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
FINA4804:
@shawbaba, pls where can I get Saline drops to buy in nigeria, precisely in PH, I have being looking for it.

Check at Sofo pharmacy, Olu obasanjo road or Medicine mart, Evo road, GRA or Healthplus pharmacy at SPAR or Vineyard mall
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pele dear. Pls get Otrivine nasal drop. It's about 550 and easy to find.

Arihodo:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nita2013:
Pele dear. Pls get Otrivine nasal drop. It's about 550 and easy to find.

tank u @Nita2013. wil sure do that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Any mama from cross river state, calabar precisely, abi na only me waka come!?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by onose01(f): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
I beg make una answer me o. Rashes don finish my 6month old baby face and neck region. Even the back is same thing. It wasn't like that b4. I have bn using ori 4 him since birth. Now I am confused.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zayjay: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello house, pls I sent someone to buy peak 123 for me. I haven't used this type b4. pls is it original. I need an urgent reply so that I can return it 2maro morning. thanks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
zayjay:
Hello house, pls I sent someone to buy peak 123 for me. I haven't used this type b4. pls is it original. I need an urgent reply so that I can return it 2maro morning. thanks

madam. dats d new pack I hav been buying for d past one month for my baby.. no fear..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
[quote author=onose01 post=37811968]I beg make una answer me o. Rashes don finish myp 6month old baby face and neck region. Even the back is same thing. It wasn't like that b4. I have bn using ori 4 him since birth. Now I am confused.[/quote

pls if u can, get sudocreme n mix with d ori n make it , ur baby daily cream , u wil see changes..]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
It isn't advisable to use Sudocreme daily...... My paed even stopped me from using it daily on my baby's bum, use when the rashes appear, stop when its gone, something about adverse effect,long English sha [quote author=Rashomo post=37814052][/quote]

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by onose01(f): 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
Thank u Rashomo and Mitche15 for ur advice respectively. Pls can I get sudocream from any pharmacy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zayjay: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Thanks rashomo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:32am On Sep 09, 2015
IyawoToBe:

Hullo hullo. Noticed you mentioned Lifeline, was about to ask for a review so i can take Baby E to it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 6:35am On Sep 09, 2015
mitche15:
It isn't advisable to use Sudocreme daily...... My paed even stopped me from using it daily on my baby's bum, use when the rashes appear, stop when its gone, something about adverse effect,long English sha

dats wat hav been using wit d ori for d past nine month for my baby, It works for me. u can get d creme at wher dey sell baby product ..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2015
zayjay:
Thanks rashomo.

u ar welcom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:42am On Sep 09, 2015
rashomo an nd mitche15, it may be that Sudocreme has zinc oxide in it (most diaper creams have it but a lot more people are not comfortable using it daily as it can be absorbed). I used to use Desitin 40% but felt it was too strong and once the rash went, stopped. Try a non-petroleum based cream or mix yours from Beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter (ori), coconut oil and maybe add chamomile oil and a drop of an essential oil. You can get all that from the natural hair shops and sites in Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 6:57am On Sep 09, 2015
When it comes to antibiotics, it is a cost-benefit ratio thing. When my son had an ear infection at about 4 weeks, antibiotic was the only way out. There are some times when it cannot be avoided. That is why you should prevent infection in the first place.

In the above case, for a 3month old to have a lasting cough....expecting that cough to go on its own is not the best port of call. Cos expecting the child's immunity to catch up at this stage is too late.

That is why she MUST finish the dosage....and then put preventive measures in place.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.