Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4470451 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Niyyah(f): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

hi angel, take it easy aii. she is fine. frm wht u described it has nothing to do with colic and d likes. that's just her own pattern and she will soon change. babies change every week so dnt worry. just make sure u establish a sleeping pattern for her and she will b fine.
pele
I cant wait for her to change o cus am exhausted asswear embarassed,wud work on d aleeping pattern, thanks sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Niyyah(f): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
favoredgal:

Like you said mayb you are not lactating well

Why not buy a pump so u see exactly what u are producing.

Ayyam o,iv takn pap tire and my breasts r mostlii swollen n painful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blacqueen(f): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
pls house ...where can i buy fortified pap in lagos. or Tom Brown...Urgently needed..TIA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Niyyah:

Thanks soo muchh sis,i do burp her after every feed o,but her diapers r mostly sckd with urine as she doesnt poo daily but she farts a lot n its stinks(should i be worried?) But when she poos,its actually yellow n butterlooking.
I also let her latch till she falls aslip o,any wee my breast don reach her mouth,am stopping asap! and am not expresin yet o so how long shud i be feeding her during the day?how many hours/minutes interval?i'll try the breast massage thingy,wud also tk her to weigh n i wud try n get the drug n tea as am kano based.
I just hope am not doing anything wrong cus av got noone else with me except dh n we r both amateurs.

Stinky farts, enough wet diapers and yellow-brown poo that looks buttery or peanut-buttery are all signs she's breastfeeding and drinking something. Feed on demand, when she's hungry let her eat, if she's not hungry don't feed her. I think you're doing fine. Btw that burp should be loud enough to hear, so if a small one comes out, maybe just a little gas came out. She's too young for colic.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Niyyah(f): 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
Onegai:

Stinky farts, enough wet diapers and yellow-brown poo that looks buttery or peanut-buttery are all signs she's breastfeeding and drinking something. Feed on demand, when she's hungry let her eat, if she's not hungry don't feed her. I think you're doing fine. Btw that burp should be loud enough to hear, so if a small one comes out, maybe just a little gas came out. She's too young for colic.
Thanks sooo much sis,may God bless you..u av rily helpd criously,wud try everything n c if d cry cry will reduce at nights,may we all eat the fruit of our labour.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Niyyah:

Ayyam o,iv takn pap tire and my breasts r mostlii swollen n painful

swollen painful boobs doesnt equal lactating well though!

i remember when my daughter used to cry a lot at night, when i bought a pump i realized i dint pump up to 1oz.

not saying that is it but worth checking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumFiyin: 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rota and pneumo are not free in National Hosp Abuja. I was told we have to pay for them.

Adiahabasi:
. Its free in UCH Ibadan,OAUTHC Ile-ife, National hospital Abuja,should be free in LUTH as well(not tried that though)...are u sure you are not mixing up state and fed? Not HMO or NHIS o....free for children,d only issue is d crowd...u cld hv to spend close to 3 hours if u no sabi anybody.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good afternoon mothers, My friend wants to buy baby carrier but she is confused about which to buy i.e front carrier or back carrier?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello am new here I did an ultrasound scan at 28weeks & I was told its a girl but having a strong feeling its wrong...are ultrasound always accurate pls reply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jibola22(f): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
@pacypatty i did scan at 28wks nd ws told its a gal went back in 36wks nd was told is a boy... Buh i giv birth to a boy wu is nw 6mths old grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
favoredgal:

i remember when my daughter used to cry a lot at night, when i bought a pump i realized i dint pump up to 1oz.

Pls wr n hw did u buy ur b.pump. n how much?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
@jibola
Thk u so much ma for ur prompt response...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Niyyah(f): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
favoredgal:

Aiit sis, wud do thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prolify: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
Niyyah:
Morning mamas, pls help an helpless ftm I don't know what else to do, my 2wksplus baby cries so much at night and it's driving me crazy, dh n I v tried everything (changed diaper, bf, dncd n sng) but nothing helpdd, she cries so much n it's affecting me badly, how do I know am making enough breastmiilk? Any food I should be eating that will boost my supply(am on ebf) or I shud kukuma change to formula? Is deree some sorta drug i shud be giving her? Anything I shud check n do when she starts the fits? She slips n feed mostli during d day but night na wahala... Pls help cry embarassed

My dear,don't sweat it @ all,try to take one day @ a time,being a new mum can be overwhelming,hold off on formula for now and try nursing often(2 hrs)to Establish your milk supply,you can try mothers milk tea aswell,she doesn't need meds @all she is fine,sing and rock her when she cries, that might help to calm her down.Babies don't know the difference between night and day @ this stage, she would soon get the hang of it in a few weeks,be patient and ask God for strength daily to care for your bundle of joy.Congrats

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Senior & experience mamas in d house, I hail oo

Pls, which blood tonic can I take as a nursing mother and will be beneficial to my lo??

For almost a week, DD has been vomiting her pap and formula but she doesn't vomit pureed noodles or amala, what else can I give her??
cc: nurse kaffy4bill
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
NoQualms1:

The matron that administers it in the hospital I use counts from the day BCG was given. But when we went for 9 months immunization, she counted from birth.

Ok sis.Thanks 4 dis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Niyyah I undrstand how u feel. Wen my baby was dat age,he used 2 cry like kilode but dh was very helpful,he will sing n rock him 2 sleep. B4 we knw it,he get used 2 it till now if I want him 2 sleep I will play cool music, rock or sing n he wil doze off... Maybe u should try dis too. It is well with us n los.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Pls mothers in the house,is it safe to take coartem for malaria while breastfeeding?Pls mummies I need your help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
Newmum15:
Pls mothers in the house,is it safe to take coartem for malaria while breastfeeding?Pls mummies I need your help

That is what my doctor gave me. A month after delivery. My baby is now almost 8 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Newmum15:
yes it is
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
pneumococcal is free in some part of Edo state, used d general hospital in auchi and it was free there except for d #50 u pay for weighing of babies

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexiebecky(f): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Goodevening great mums,hope we are doing all fine? My twins are now 6months+ and they are taking pap wit nan 2,my boy,pureed swt potato wit formula,pureed titus fish,egg,marshed rice and marshed indomie...pls mamaS I need more solids to introduce 2 dem,they refused to take cerelac,dnt know y!and again,one of my baby's hair is vry strong,she cries weneva I comb it,pls wat can I rub to soften d stuburn hair Thanks mamas

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
mytestimony:

That is what my doctor gave me. A month after delivery. My baby is now almost 8 months
Thanks for the quick response.God bless you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
mummy2be:
yes it is
Thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
sexiebecky:
Goodevening great mums,hope we are doing all fine? My twins are now 6months+ and they are taking pap wit nan 2,my boy,pureed swt potato wit formula,pureed titus fish,egg,marshed rice and marshed indomie...pls mamaS I need more solids to introduce 2 dem,they refused to take cerelac,dnt know y!and again,one of my baby's hair is vry strong,she cries weneva I comb it,pls wat can I rub to soften d stuburn hair Thanks mamas

Ohhhh I typed one very beautiful response before o! Okay...

Natural hair is not stubborn, it is curly, dry and very fragile. So all that aggressive combing is why women weren't growing their hair long. Here's what I do.

Use a wide-toothed comb like the one below. Anything smaller is entering very curly hair and snagging in it, causing you to pull harder, causing her to scream in pain. So A WIDE-TOOTHED COMB IS A MUST.

Comb hair ONLY when wet. African hair is the driest and needs moisture (water) constantly. And curly hair detangles better when wet so it is easier to comb. So wet hair.

Once you wet the hair or it's damp, apply either a light absorbing oil like Olive or Coconut oil or a thick butter like Shea (ori) or Cocoa butter to the hair and massage it lightly.

Hair must be damp or wet (wet is better). Then comb gently.

No need to shampoo daily (unless your baby is a professional footballer at her tender age, her scalp is not getting dirty that often) and shampoo is drying to Natural African hair. So maybe once or twice a week (unless you're treating something skin related on her scalp with a medicated shampoo).

Also abeg don't do all those painful tight styles like puff or braids right now. I hate seeing babies with tight hairstyles holding their heads in pain and having traction alopecia (the hairlineof the head is chopping).

Check out this blog: www. naturalnigerian.com she and her daughter have natural hair. Or just ask me (I will do my best to answer)

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
hi all, pls my queen cries alot lately, every one says it's her time that she will stop soon but the honest truth is that i am not comfortable with her cry, we leave in a very quiet environment, so i can hear her cry from 3 buildings away from our house..... Anyone with possible temporary solution to this cry? pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
dr.tchiwinne. pls I need ur help in this. I have been diagnosed with diastasis recti. how can I manage my new pregnancy with this as girdle now feels quite uncomfortable and I look like I am 5 months preggy even tho I am just 6weeks gone.
its sooo psychologically demoralising but wht I can do to help myself nd myself esteem atleast b4 I go for the surgery.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RedCapChief(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Pacypatty:
Hello am new here I did an ultrasound scan at 28weeks & I was told its a girl but having a strong feeling its wrong...are ultrasound always accurate pls reply.

Ultrasound scans are highly dependent on the skill of the operator. One sonologist can see a boy whereas another will see a girl. That is why I advise women to wait for mid-late third trimester if they want to have a definite answer.

hajarahbadmus:
dr.tchiwinne. pls I need ur help in this. I have been diagnosed with diastasis recti. how can I manage my new pregnancy with this as girdle now feels quite uncomfortable and I look like I am 5 months preggy even tho I am just 6weeks gone.
its sooo psychologically demoralising but wht I can do to help myself nd myself esteem atleast b4 I go for the surgery.

My 2 cents. Pregnant women with diastasis recti are not treated until after delivery and not every woman has complete resolution. Any major intervention done now may fail because the growing uterus will always exert pressure on your lax abdomen. Postpartum you may need to see a physiotherapist for abdominal reconditioning. Don't just do any form of exercise you see on the internet because they can increase the tension on your abdomen and worsen the condition.
Surgery is also an option, but it is also done post-partum.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Niyyah(f): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
prolify:

My dear,don't sweat it @ all,try to take one day @ a time,being a new mum can be overwhelming,hold off on formula for now and try nursing often(2 hrs)to Establish your milk supply,you can try mothers milk tea aswell,she doesn't need meds @all she is fine,sing and rock her when she cries, that might help to calm her down.Babies don't know the difference between night and day @ this stage, she would soon get the hang of it in a few weeks,be patient and ask God for strength daily to care for your bundle of joy.Congrats
Thanks so much sis, God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Niyyah(f): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
proudmom38:
@Niyyah I undrstand how u feel. Wen my baby was dat age,he used 2 cry like kilode but dh was very helpful,he will sing n rock him 2 sleep. B4 we knw it,he get used 2 it till now if I want him 2 sleep I will play cool music, rock or sing n he wil doze off... Maybe u should try dis too. It is well with us n los.
Criously, the cry can give someone headache n if not for my dh lipsrsealed, haa wud try the music Stuff tonight I pray it helps, thanks sis how's llil proudy doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Adiahabasi:
Hey Ufan abadie? I used OAUTHC,but i think it'll be free in Sanni Abacha(UUTH) if you are in Uyo.

I'll check sani abacha out then. Sosongo etieti.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 1:53am On Oct 21, 2015
rezzy:

Ooooo, I never knew they have food flask too.

I use the haers stainless flask, it keeps water hot for 2 days.

Maybe that one is fake or bad production.

Did you fully immerse it in water?

I bot d silver type 2 bt was surprised 2 notice dat d water doesn't stay up2 24hrs. Pls wot do u min by fully immerse in water, Mayb I shud try it, cos I ve already abandoned d flask n I regret buyin it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.