Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,384 members, 7,846,626 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4440890 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by everfaithfulGod(f): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
shrekandfiona:

When putting him to sleep on his tummy, always watch out his nose is not obstructed in any form. My LO also sleeps long hours on his tummy but I have to keep adjusting his head sideways whenever his nose is covered
Okay ma. Thanks 4 Ur contribution
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
MumFiyin:
Okay, I will try that.

Thank you plenty. May God bless you and urs.

@Onegai, I am still waiting pls.

Oya! Let's go there!

Baby E started refusing formula at around 3+ months and I let her (thinking she was just being playful). it then became permanent. We tried different teats (shey you know bottles have different sized holes for each age) and she refused it. We bought softer bottles and she drank a bit and played a lot. We changed formulas, nothing. But guess what? SHE DRINKS FROM A CUP AND FROM A SPOON.

Some babies wean themselves off bottles and nobody knows why but it just happens. So put it in a cup and see if she will accept it. its actually common and whilst most eventually go back to the bottle (just keep putting it in their mouth they may eventually accept it). If you have tried Medium flow teats on her bottle and she refused it, try a cup.

And please don't introduce cereal yet. I have (rolls drum) 3 consultant paediatrician (who used to lecture in LUTH sef, one is one of leading authorities on malaria in children in Africa), plenty other doctors and Baby E's own paed and they all REFUSED TO ALLOW ME GIVE HER CEREAL TILL 6 MONTHS. and for the 1st year of life, most baby nutrition should come from milk. Ask your paed. But you have the final say in what you decide is best for your pikin. smiley

Peace out...

(yes I went to a wedding and drank small grin grin)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omodady: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Pls mum any boby with first hand info on Laryngomalacia my 6weeks old baby girl was diagnos with it.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendlez(f): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
@ Sheweezy and Shrekandfiona: thanks a lot!
@ Snr Beedam: the rash is also on his neck and I just noticed it's spreading to his back and chest. The ones on his face and neck are drying up though it's slightly looking like a "healing bruise"
Am making sure I don't scratch it off though
Seeing a Paed on monday. Hospital said only "life threatening emergencies" are treated on weekends undecided

Hope you all are enjoying ur weekend. Kisses to ur LOs kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumFiyin: 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lol @ had a drink.

Yeah hubby suggested trying the cup and spoon option tonight so will do so.

If dat doesn't work then i'll try d diff teat option.

Thanks so much. God bless you and yours. Love to baby E.

Onegai:

Oya! Let's go there!

Baby E started refusing formula at around 3+ months and I let her (thinking she was just being playful). it then became permanent. We tried different teats (shey you know bottles have different sized holes for each age) and she refused it. We bought softer bottles and she drank a bit and played a lot. We changed formulas, nothing. But guess what? SHE DRINKS FROM A CUP AND FROM A SPOON.

Some babies wean themselves off bottles and nobody knows why but it just happens. So put it in a cup and see if she will accept it. its actually common and whilst most eventually go back to the bottle (just keep putting it in their mouth they may eventually accept it). If you have tried Medium flow teats on her bottle and she refused it, try a cup.

And please don't introduce cereal yet. I have (rolls drum) 3 consultant paediatrician (who used to lecture in LUTH sef, one is one of leading authorities on malaria in children in Africa), plenty other doctors and Baby E's own paed and they all REFUSED TO ALLOW ME GIVE HER CEREAL TILL 6 MONTHS. and for the 1st year of life, most baby nutrition should come from milk. Ask your paed. But you have the final say in what you decide is best for your pikin. smiley

Peace out...

(yes I went to a wedding and drank small grin grin)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendlez(f): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
sexiebecky:
Good afternoon great mothers. Pls one of my twins has cradle cap,after barbing her hair @ 7month,I saw whitish particles lik dandruff. I used olive oil to wash her head accordin to her paed,but no improvement. Pls wat else can I use to clear it? Thanks mums and enjoy ur weekend

Sudocream did the magic for me but my Sil swears by Supirocin ointment.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
@sexiebecky, I used canesten cream n it worked. Recommended by a pharmacist.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
kendlez:
@ Sheweezy and Shrekandfiona: thanks a lot!
@ Snr Beedam: the rash is also on his neck and I just noticed it's spreading to his back and chest. The ones on his face and neck are drying up though it's slightly looking like a "healing bruise"
Am making sure I don't scratch it off though
Seeing a Paed on monday. Hospital said only "life threatening emergencies" are treated on weekends undecided

Hope you all are enjoying ur weekend. Kisses to ur LOs kiss

Which kind hospital be that. Thought hospitals work for 24hrs? Abi which kind clause dem come put.

My baby also has rash which later spread all over his body over a week or more. I was at work when I received a call from creche that it may be measles and I had to rush him to the clinic. We were asked to do FBC/MP test and I was told there is nothing like measles in his blood.
She said measles normally start from the neck region( don't know how sure) and also measles no dey out now that it's chicken pox that is in the air( na dem know pass).
They said it's "viral rash" and we were asked to apply calamine lotion on it every 4 hours and we are to use ibuprofen syrub( can't remember the dosage).

Try and see them at the peak on Monday as you said.

Say pele to your baby on my behalf.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 4:58am On Nov 22, 2015
ozycy:

My dear, as I didn't know till the dying minute. But the US price is higher abi?
depends on the what conversion rate u use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 6:52am On Nov 22, 2015
firsttymum:
depends on the what conversion rate u use
Bank rate of #220 per $ cos you will probably be paying with card.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Unic1: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
sexiebecky:
Good afternoon great mothers. Pls one of my twins has cradle cap,after barbing her hair @ 7month,I saw whitish particles lik dandruff. I used olive oil to wash her head accordin to her paed,but no improvement. Pls wat else can I use to clear it? Thanks mums and enjoy ur weekend
sexiebecky my baby had such. I used nizoral shampoo suggested by his ped and ut workd

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
ozycy:

Bank rate of #220 per $ cos you will probably be paying with card.
I bought mine with my dollar card. I think it's about same price or a lil more expensive here. The soap is about $5 or so here.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
ahnie:
Ayam just comin from the pharmacy,as the hospital z a bit far from us.i decided to improvised the pharmacist gave us altmal...hope i got the spellin rightly,with bonababe and pcm.hav givn her the altmal and the temperature haz reduced,she z sleepin.chai motherhood z an experience.

Bonababe contains pcm pls, u either give her bonababe or pcm, bt not both. I'm not an advocate 4 teething medicines sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
She has taken pcm.
MumZ:

Bonababe contains pcm pls, u either give her bonababe or pcm, bt not both. I'm not an advocate 4 teething medicines sha.
thnks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
ahnie did you tie your tummy after birth? and at what month did you start the garden egg chopping? My tummy has gone down already but I want it to be firm not flabby as it is now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
I didnt tie my tummy after birth,my nnedim nva taught me.i started the eggplant stuff since last 3wks,but ate it 3times a week,and it was the last thing i took bfore going to bed
Eminya:
ahnie did you tie your tummy after birth? and at what month did you start the garden egg chopping? My tummy has gone down already but I want it to be firm not flabby as it is now

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
Pls can one birth twins virginally....@goldmine,soonest,tchiwinnie and ma'am zaynie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
ahnie:
Pls can one birth twins virginally....@goldmine,soonest,tchiwinnie and ma'am zaynie.
Of course. Esp if d first twin is presenting wt d head, and there re no oda contradictions to vag. delivery
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
Eminya:
Exercise s wot ll tone ur tummy nt necessarily dieting. Do if u re up to 3months post delivery , u can incorporate exercises to ur routine. U can start wt brisk walks, skipping, then maybe later jogging, situps etc

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Must the boths be in a cephalic(hope i got the spellin rightly) position?
tchiwinnie:
Of course. Esp if d first twin is presenting wt d head, and there re no oda contradictions to vag. delivery
pls how abt the weight of both babies,z it gonna b the same?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4tunebest(f): 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
Tchiwinie, ahnie, onegai, nurse kaffy and other sabi
Mamas please what can I use for my 5 month old to alleviate cough. Please treat as Urgent. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
I use em vit c syrup.
4tunebest:
Mamas please what can I use for my 5 month old to alleviate cough. Please treat as Urgent. Thank you
pele.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4tunebest(f): 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
ahnie:
I use em vit c syrup.pele.

Thanks. I hope it is very effective with immediate improvement. Thank you very much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oniadedoyin: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
4tunebest:

Thanks. I hope it is very effective with immediate improvement. Thank you very much
happy Sunday to all mama's out dre. Pls am a bit worried about my 3 month and 5 days old baby, his neck is nt yet strong to hold the head. Pls should i be worried or not?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
ahnie:
Must the boths be in a cephalic(hope i got the spellin rightly) position?pls how abt the weight of both babies,z it gonna b the same?
No, both babies must not present cephalic. The most 'impt' is d presentation of d leading twin. Their birth weights may not necessarily b d same. One s usu bigger.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
oniadedoyin:
happy Sunday to all mama's out dre. Pls am a bit worried about my 3 month and 5 days old baby, his neck is nt yet strong to hold the head. Pls should i be worried or not?
Is there any form of control at all. I don't think u shld b worried, as some kids may nt b as fast as odas. Apart from lack of neck control, is ur baby OK? No oda complaint? If yes, I think u shld just wait patiently
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
4tunebest:
Depends. Y nt take him to d hsptl to b properly examined and treated?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
oniadedoyin:

Babies grow differently. Are you exercising him by doing Tummy Time? Put him on your chest and stomach and lean back and remove your hands and sing to. encourage him to look up. Or put him on a gym mat and use the small curved pillow it comes with to support under his arms and shoulders and clap and make encouraging sounds to get him to look up. Each exercise should not be more than 5 minutes a few times a day.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blessedtwins: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
God's richest blessings on you ahnie
Lightedpath:i pray for a supernatural turnaround for u from sorrow to joy
@all happy sunday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
mummy2be:
the issue is he stopped taking my Ieft breast when he was 6wks oId,i even tried giving him for where he cried aIItru,then the affected one is bringing out pus aIready
Sorry I'm just replying..data things.
So you've been giving only one boob since? Choi! How are you doing today?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
Osheeeey ma'am
tchiwinnie:
No, both babies must not present cephalic. The most 'impt' is d presentation of d leading twin. Their birth weights may not necessarily b d same. One s usu bigger.

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: omotolly22(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.