Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394795 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
missmalachi:

Hugggies is quite expensive der ooo.i do buy d carton dat of 246 pieces size 2 and d highest I hv bought it is 12k.i just got it two weeks ago @ 11.5k.may cos its lagos sha

No be small sumthin o my sister...Is it d 1 in transparent nylon u bought at dat price?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zuriela: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
bisiswag:

Yes oh,she works too. Amen and Amen. Thanks dear
How will ur Mum cope with baby since she's working too?
Why don't u get a creche close to ur place of work for easy access and monitoring. For me, 3months is too young for that kind of separation.
#my2cent
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
ahnie:
@proudmum38 and mizzmalachi...the jumbo pack price of prince n princess in onitsha z 2700 very cheap,but asaba sells for 3k

Dats very cheap o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:
Thanks mama's. The reason I'm asking is that they recommend changing diapers often, like 6 times a day. This is to avoid diaper rash and having to buy treatment creams which are pricey. But if you can buy disposables for N4000 per month, it should be easy to change that often, right?

U re right though.But wit huggies my lo ve not xperienced rash at all even wit prince n princess. I don't like cloth diaper 4 my lo now,maybe wen he's a bit older I can give it a trial...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:

Some of them sha. So you use only Shea butter now and he's not so dark?
Yes. jus dat i felt he shud start using a good body lotion now dat he's past a year old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
bisiswag:
Gudm to all our lovely mama's,both old and new. Please don't judge,naija economy is pretty tough nowadays! Please need you honest advice,can I leave my 3months old baby with his grandmum(my mum) permanently permanently for a couple of months while I resume work? Mum in lagos,job @ Abj. He would have had 3month exclusive BF b4 dropping him off to continue on formula. Real confused Cos am just so scared of nanny and househelps. Thanks for all your honest and non judgemental opinions and advice.

why not put him in a creche/daycare/nursery located at Abuja?

not seeing your baby that's barely 3 months everyday sounds rather cruel.

there are several good nurseries around that you can keep your baby - you drop him off in the morning and pick him up in the evening. all you need to do is find a good one either near your home or near you office - just make sure it is on your route.

you do not need a nanny or househelp !

you only need to be organised and adopt a routine. you ensure that the night before, all the things he will need to take to the nursery (feeding bottle, milk, change of clothes, nappies, etc) is packed in your baby's bag. you wake up early in the morning, bath, then wake up your baby, bath him, dress him up, feed him, drop him in a baby bouncer while you get dressed and then you drop him off at the creche.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
my ppl ,my vij is itching me .they said ampiclox will be too hard cos of my baby is true?, my baby is 2months 2weeks .or what should I take. am using gynmed creamy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
i think cruel is not the right word, shes working for the good of the baby. 2. she has said financials are tight. people do it, its left for her to decide if its worth it. give ur advice without making her feel like a bad mother for evening considering it. a creche also has caregivers, and i think shes not okay with strangers handling her child. i am neither in support nor against it but lets try not to make her feel worse. its a tough situation already.
helovesme:

there are several good nurseries around that you can keep your baby - you drop him off in the morning and pick him up in the evening. all you need to do is find a good one either near your home or near you office - just make sure it is on your route.

you only need to be organised and adopt a routine. you ensure that the night before, all the things he will need to take to the nursery (feeding bottle, milk, change of clothes, nappies, etc) is packed in your baby's bag. you wake up early in the morning, bath, then wake up your baby, bath him, dress him up, feed him, drop him in a baby bouncer while you get dressed and then you drop him off at the creche.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
go and see ur gynae o. don't prescribe stuff for yourself, especially now that you are breastfeeding.
viviparity:
my ppl ,my vij is itching me .they said ampiclox will be too hard cos of my baby is true?, my baby is 2months 2weeks .or what should I take. am using gynmed creamy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
proudmom38:

No be small sumthin o my sister...Is it d 1 in transparent nylon u bought at dat price?
No its d carton o

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
shndy:

Wow, mothers where u buying ur swaddlers? I stopped using it wen my baby moved to size3, couldn't get it.
I love loved it, it's d best av used so far, followed by d pampers newbaby (UK n Germany). My baby uses it overnight and it was never soggy, absorbed pretty well. No rashes and it never left a mark on him even on days wen I dint rub vaseline on d bum.
Someone told me Asda little Angel is good too, any idea?
Asda's little angel is very good too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
Addition: an average crèche in Abuja is quiet pricey especially if she will be stayin inside main Abuja town.

mitche15:
i think cruel is not the right word, shes working for the good of the baby. 2. she has said financials are tight. people do it, its left for her to decide if its worth it. give ur advice without making her feel like a bad mother for evening considering it. a creche also has caregivers, and i think shes not okay with strangers handling her child. i am neither in support nor against it but lets try not to make her feel worse. its a tough situation already.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
Mamas, I got this from d Ask The Paediatrician grp on Facebook and thought to share. U cld join d grp, u ll learn a lot from professionals.
This s just a part I copied, u can get d full info from d grp.
FACT 1 - the Nutrition Society of Nigeria has endorsed indomie Noodles....guess they are comfortable with that...for such an organization to do so means a lot

Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN) Certificate of Endorsement:

In 2006, a Certificate of Endorsement for Indomie Dishes was issued to the Company by the Nutrition Society of Nigeria at the 37th Annual Conference and Scientific Meeting held at the Cultural Centre Kuto Abeokuta, Ogun State. This marked the first time the NSN has endorsed any Noodles brand in Nigeria.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Mamas, I got this from d Ask The Paediatrician grp on Facebook and thought to share. U cld join d grp, u ll learn a lot from professionals.
FACT 1 - the Nutrition Society of Nigeria has endorsed indomie Noodles....guess they are comfortable with that...for such an organization to do so means a lot

In 2006, a Certificate of Endorsement for Indomie Dishes was issued to the Company by the Nutrition Society of Nigeria at the 37th Annual Conference and Scientific Meeting held at the Cultural Centre Kuto Abeokuta, Ogun State. This marked the first time the NSN has endorsed any Noodles brand in Nigeria.

What!! shocked How....

Please. wait a minute, let me find some. quick research. How can they endorse something high in Sodium and low in nutrients and fibre? It's not even recommend for daily consumption by any doctor I know.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
missmalachi:
No its d carton o

Ok we re using d one in transparent nylon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nita2013:
Golden morn can be given from 1yr and above I read severally that it's from 3yrs but that's not true because it's not stated on d pack. I had to read d write up on d pack b4 buying and it states "Golden Morn is not an infant cereal" d question u may ask is who is an infant?

Different explanations av come up as to who an infant is. Some say 1month to 12months. Others say 1month to 24months. Some say when a child starts walking. So it actually depends. I started givin my son golden morn at 14months and watched how he took it and if he reacted. He took it well without any reactions so I continued.

This golden morn issue trended on NL some years back and Nestle themselves had to come and clarify. Pls note, It is not good for ages 3 years and below.

The packet used to carry this warning sign some years back but Nestle Naija has since modified their pack, hence the confusion amongst Nigerians.

https://www.nairaland.com/1081282/nestle-responds-golden-morn-discussion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:

Dr, I agree it's better to carry out an independent research and not just rely on the judgement of our regulatory organisations. It's like saying everything that has a NAFDAC nos in Nigeria truly passed all the required tests. #yimu

There is a lot of politics and power play involved between these govt organisations and these Kora companies.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:

Onegai, this is aside but please indulge me. I am doing some work on organic baby food in Nigeria.

What do you think about the concept, particularly the Nigerian angle. In a society like this where many do not actively research on the best for their kids but follow norms, would the idea fly? The ones around are expensive, aside costs and enlightenment, what other issues may abound.

Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:

What!! shocked How....

Please. wait a minute, let me find some. quick research. How can they endorse something high in Sodium and low in nutrients and fibre? It's not even recommend for daily consumption by any doctor I know.
Do tell us what ur research yields .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Dr, I agree it's better to carry out an independent research and not just rely on the judgement of our regulatory organisations. It's like saying everything that has a NAFDAC nos in Nigeria truly passed all the required tests. #yimu

There is a lot of politics and power play involved between these govt organisations and these Kora companies.
Pls let us know wot ur research yields.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Pls let us know wot ur research yields.

I am not an expert in health matters but I have seen dozen posts like the link below; surprisingly, I am yet to see a corresponding detailed write-up that refutes the highlighted claims. In everything, I'll personally advocate for moderation in eating it. I'll rather err on the side of caution.

https://www.nairaland.com/1795066/ten-reasons-why-shouldnt-eat

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutemum22: 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
Has any mum tried "Baby Hugg" before?

I was introduce to the diaper at trade fair when I was searching for Huggies stand.

One of the nursing mom told me I should stop wasting my money that I should try it. She told me I will stop using Huggies and since then I have been using it.

My baby do use one from night till the next morning and she is 3month and suck like 4times during midnight..

Just feel like sharing ....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
Just read it. That was like 3years ago. I m sure there is a reason they removed d part stating age because all d golden morn pack I av seen now has no age of 3 specified.

Kimoni:

This golden morn issue trended on NL some years back and Nestle themselves had to come and clarify. Pls note, It is not good for ages 3 years and below.

The packet used to carry this warning sign some years back but Nestle Naija has since modified their pack, hence the confusion amongst Nigerians.

https://www.nairaland.com/1081282/nestle-responds-golden-morn-discussion

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 11:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
cutemum22:

I was introduce to the diaper at trade fair when I was searching for Huggies stand.

One of the nursing mom told me I should stop wasting my money that I should try it. She told me I will stop using Huggies and since then I have been using it.

My baby do use one from night till the next morning and she is 3month and suck like 4times during midnight..

How much is d baby hugg n how many is in a pack?

UPDATE on d Virony diaper dat was given 2me by a friend.My baby used only one althrough last nite,no leakaged yet.Stil observing sha...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
helovesme:

Hmmmm. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:10am On Dec 05, 2015
Kimoni:

I am not an expert in health matters but I have seen dozen posts like the link below; surprisingly, I am yet to see a corresponding detailed write-up that refutes the highlighted claims. In everything, I'll personally advocate for moderation in eating it. I'll rather err on the side of caution.

https://www.nairaland.com/1795066/ten-reasons-why-shouldnt-eat
I agree wt u. Moderation s key. My take s dat its not 'poison' as pple portray it to be. But then its nt smthg we or our kids shld b eating 3x/day, 7days/WK. Esp for kids, it cld b fortified wt egg,fish, veggies like carrot etc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Nita2013:
Just read it. That was like 3years ago. I m sure there is a reason they removed d part stating age because all d golden morn pack I av seen now has no age of 3 specified.

If u kno sm1 dat works in nestle, u cld confirm from him/her. I ve personally heard more dan one of their reps say it dat its suitable for ages 3and above, and not below.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 2:58am On Dec 05, 2015
Pls my sabi mamas, hw safe is lime & honey for a 13month baby?

Tnx all in advance.

Cc: tchiwinnie, nurse kaffy nd oda sabi mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2015
cedaraustine:

Onegai, this is aside but please indulge me. I am doing some work on organic baby food in Nigeria.

What do you think about the concept, particularly the Nigerian angle. In a society like this where many do not actively research on the best for their kids but follow norms, would the idea fly? The ones around are expensive, aside costs and enlightenment, what other issues may abound.

Thanks.

Hey. It would work. But price competitively and start small. There is a market for it. There is a small but growing movement of people choosing to live an organic lifestyle in Nigeria. It started from the ladies who wanted to return back to having natural hair (chemical-free). They developed hair care that was organic and went further and developed organic skincare and even baby products. They eat healthy as well. And they blog about it. And they have a strong base (I'm one of their followers). These people are also reaching out to food now (encouraging meals made from fresh and not packaged stuff, free from even things like Maggi) and asking mothers not to start exposing their kids to processed foods and juices so early). And they are all very educated (engineers, doctors, artists, entrepreneurs, agribusiness owners etc) and like encouraging local business (so no importing stuff and just repackaging it here).

They have regular meetups with workshops and vendors in cities like Lagos, Abuja, Calabar and Enugu. Google Naturals In The City (next one is. in Lagos next weekend) and start contacting the organiser from there.

Just make sure your stuff is fresh and affordable and liaise with them. All the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2015
cutemum22:

Errrmmm, ejoor... please even if a diaper states proudly that you can use it for 12 hours upwards, please abeg DON'T USE ONE DIAPER ALL DAY. The diaper area has a lot of moisture around it and it breeds a lot of stuff. You may not be seeing diaper rash now (most diaper rashes starts as the child gets a bit older and their urine starts to become like adult urine. If you notice, infant and newborn urine is clear and odorless and mostly sterile because they're not eating a lot of different stuff, just milk. That doesn't last). So the diaper rash bad times are waiting ahead for most babies (unless you are constantly changing, cleaning up and airing the place and using some barrier cream from time to time). Please eh.

Disposable diaper is made up of paper, plastic and S &P (that's a petrochemical product that helps absorbs the urine) and a lot of chemical stuff as well. I don't think even the makers would keep their baby in one diaper for 24 hours unless it was an emergency (no-one wants their child that exposed to harsh chemicals for prolonged usuage).

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 7:24am On Dec 05, 2015
Morning ma's, anyone ever tried organic Shea butter products?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 8:24am On Dec 05, 2015
Thanking God for life . just lyk yesterday King David is 6 months. We give all glory to God Almighty.
May He continue to bless n keep our LOs in Jesus name. Amen.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Tallcutie(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.