Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,017 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4461926 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Sorry sis, pls also tepid sponge(mop his body with Luke warm water for d fever) In a day to 2 days he shld feel beta
tnks my dear..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:26am On Apr 27, 2016
@faith111, thanks dear. I have given up expressing oh, after expressing my breast will be paining me through out the day especially when he is feeding directly.
@damidasel, just keep giving the gripe water she will get better. My son sleeps better now. For the similac I did not experience it because I used similac for three days after delivery and my LO did not poo too much.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2016
damidamsel:
Hi all, i am a first time mum, just had my baby 7days ago and i just got to know abt this thread on Nairaland today. I am a bit worried because my baby seems to be having colic, she hardly sleeps at night n cries alot. I heard abt mommy's bliss gripe water and i started using it for her. She sleeps a bit better now from like 11pm-3am but once shez up, shez still slpy but cant sleep, instead she whimpers till morning....Also shez on similac advancr which was given to her at the hospital but she poos alot. She had pooed like 4 times today, the last 2 just about an hour apart and she seems to poo after every meal. Considering changing her food to enfamil to see if that's the issue. Kindly advise on these 2 issues. Dont wanna panic n rush to the doc but wld do so if need be. URGENT PLS

Congrats on your baby. She does not av colic my dear...leave all dis colic mata. Don't give anything! She will be fine. As per sleep, she's still adjusting to life outside the womb. Bear with her, her sleep patterns won't be the one you are used to now. Also, don't worry about the poop, she's fine. Ensure she latches on very well during breastfeeding. If you can, get a nursing pillow from burlington; it will be of good help during breastfeeding. also ensure you burp her after each feed. carry her on the shoulders and run her back. I used similac from hospital till 6 months thereabout. the milk isn't the issue. In these first days, you will notice a lot, just keep your mind at rest and watch her. Don't panic and don't rush to the paed. That was how my days old son did poop for say 4 days, my gran disturbed me oooo so tey i ran to paed. only to be told dat it was absolutely normal for breastfed babies...lol

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Faith111: 11:03am On Apr 27, 2016
anytaij:
Happy Sunday to you all. I tried cleaning my boy's ear@ 3months that was last month never knew had gone far he was the one who shaked that was when I knew had gone far. Some days later I notice pus coming out from his ear. I then took him to General Hospital Gbagada I was asked to go for ear swab and after which I was asked to buy Orelox, Zyncet with Vit c which I gave him for one week and I gave him the complete dosage I notice some pus still comes out of his ear not just that one both now. What do I do? Or have anyone experienced such? Thanks

Next time don't go into a baby's ear till the baby is a year old...
Their ear drum is very close to the external ear and can be affected....
By the way the risk involved is greater than what you want to achieve with cleaning it.

Take the baby back to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2016
Good Morning mamas, My baby girl of 8months old takes NAN 2, but can't finish 150ml, she take 120ml per feed even her cereals, she doesn't do more than 120ml, no matter how you force her, she is healthy, and a big baby ( infact pple call here OROBO) but just want to ask, how many Mls should she be taking now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by damidamsel: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2016
FINA4804:
@faith111, thanks dear. I have given up expressing oh, after expressing my breast will be paining me through out the day especially when he is feeding directly.
@damidasel, just keep giving the gripe water she will get better. My son sleeps better now. For the similac I did not experience it because I used similac for three days after delivery and my LO did not poo too much.
feddy27:

Congrats on your baby. She does not av colic my dear...leave all dis colic mata. Don't give anything! She will be fine. As per sleep, she's still adjusting to life outside the womb. Bear with her, her sleep patterns won't be the one you are used to now. Also, don't worry about the poop, she's fine. Ensure she latches on very well during breastfeeding. If you can, get a nursing pillow from burlington; it will be of good help during breastfeeding. also ensure you burp her after each feed. carry her on the shoulders and run her back. I used similac from hospital till 6 months thereabout. the milk isn't the issue. In these first days, you will notice a lot, just keep your mind at rest and watch her. Don't panic and don't rush to the paed. That was how my days old son did poop for say 4 days, my gran disturbed me oooo so tey i ran to paed. only to be told dat it was absolutely normal for breastfed babies...lol

Thanks alot!!! Sincerely i feel a bit more relaxed cz v been in panic mode. Sometimes she cries and i feel like crying with her cz i feel so helpless. I'll relax then patiently till this phase passes #CantWait. Motherhood na real job ooo......

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Faith111: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2016
ozycy:

I got it from US for abt $20. Dunno if you can see it here in Naija.

Thanks. I'll look out for it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2016
damidamsel:

Thanks alot!!! Sincerely i feel a bit more relaxed cz v been in panic mode. Sometimes she cries and i feel like crying with her cz i feel so helpless. I'll relax then patiently till this phase passes #CantWait. Motherhood na real job ooo......

Welcome onboard darling *hugs*

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kathy22(f): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Y r u checking the temp alwaz? Any reasons?
37 is nothing to worry abt.
Hope dis helps

Thanks Kaffy4bill, just that sometimes when I touch him I feel his head is warm. Since it's nothing to worry about i'll keep my calm. Thanks sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dear mums I'd like to encourage those who have relations/nannies/maids pick up their children from school and walk them home to please insist that they use umbrellas.b

Been doing school run for like two weeks and I've seen only one maid/help/aunty/nanny doing so.

Its quite traumatic for me watching these children especially the toddlers being dragged home in this hot blazing sun.

Actually parked to tell one girl to take umbrella next time and she said some nonsense about the boy always struggling with her for it. But then she never born pikin she nor know as e be!

For any school owner in this forum please insist that people picking up toddlers without a car must show an umbrella before the child can be over from the school premises.

God bless us all our labour will not be in vain!

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
mumsgirl27:
Good Morning mamas, My baby girl of 8months old takes NAN 2, but can't finish 150ml, she take 120ml per feed even her cereals, she doesn't do more than 120ml, no matter how you force her, she is healthy, and a big baby ( infact pple call here OROBO) but just want to ask, how many Mls should she be taking now.
you should be spoon feeding her by now ma'am prolonged use of feeding bottle is not healthy for your baby's teeth.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
damidamsel:
Hi all, i am a first time mum, just had my baby 7days ago and i just got to know abt this thread on Nairaland today. I am a bit worried because my baby seems to be having colic, she hardly sleeps at night n cries alot. I heard abt mommy's bliss gripe water and i started using it for her. She sleeps a bit better now from like 11pm-3am but once shez up, shez still slpy but cant sleep, instead she whimpers till morning....Also shez on similac advancr which was given to her at the hospital but she poos alot. She had pooed like 4 times today, the last 2 just about an hour apart and she seems to poo after every meal. Considering changing her food to enfamil to see if that's the issue. Kindly advise on these 2 issues. Dont wanna panic n rush to the doc but wld do so if need be. URGENT PLS
well most new born babies poops after each meal. are u breastfeeding alongside the similac? has her cord fallen off? Cuz its after that phase that colic starts. she is still adjusting to life outside the womb

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
pjthatcher:

you should be spoon feeding her by now ma'am prolonged use of feeding bottle is not healthy for your baby's teeth.
she uses both spoon and bottle...Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
LegitDiva:
Dear mothers pls is it safe to take zobo while breastfeeding exclusively? I need answers urgently pls cos iv been downing zobo like no man biz since yest

Funny Enuf I take zobo well a but D one my mum prep and it helps my milk production ehnn..bosom dey full anyhow..but since mumcie Don finish omugwo no more zobo for me grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
brownskingirl:
mamas in d house. thanks for all ur advice. abeg no say my wahala too much o. I just did circumcision for my baby today. if u see aw I dey cry when I dey hear his voice. but my baby stopped crying n let dem finish. d nurse was saying my baby strong o. even wen I was told to breastfeed him.he didn't cry rather he slept immediately.
we got home to put him down, he no gree. Na my hand he dey since morning sucking breast to relieve his pain.if I remove breast he will cry.
was told to put olive oil n penicillin on it. n gv paracetamol n vitamin c as drug.
my worry now is he can't sleep. Na mind he dey use sleep. wat can I do to mk him feel relaxed at night.

I dnt know about olive oil and penicillin but original Vaselines blue seal is a bae..does D job perfectly. Jst kip applying wt diaper change..am sure D pain has subsided now..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
kathy22:

Thanks Kaffy4bill, just that sometimes when I touch him I feel his head is warm. Since it's nothing to worry about i'll keep my calm. Thanks sis

I know my kids want to sleep once their head is warm. Could b a sign.. just saying
My love to him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by anytaij: 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thanks Never knew will stop
Faith111:

Next time don't go into a baby's ear till the baby is a year old...
Their ear drum is very close to the external ear and can be affected....
By the way the risk involved is greater than what you want to achieve with cleaning it.

Take the baby back to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
fabmum:

Funny Enuf I take zobo well a but D one my mum prep and it helps my milk production ehnn..bosom dey full anyhow..but since mumcie Don finish omugwo no more zobo for me grin

Eyaaaa..oya come sip one spoon grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by brownskingirl(f): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
fabmum:

I dnt know about olive oil and penicillin but original Vaselines blue seal is a bae..does D job perfectly. Jst kip applying wt diaper change..am sure D pain has subsided now..

yeah.it has subside. for two days we no sleep for nite. was told to remove d wrap after 3days.we removed it in d morning. so phase two cry begin. at times I will cry. cause I won't know wat to do again.my MIL N FIL really tried for me. d three of us no dey sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sabi mamas pls o, can drip b taken orally, dat is by drinking it? My dd was running a bit of temp 2dy so I bought lukozade boost 4 her so she ll take b4 I give her paracetamol cos she refused 2 eat. Only 4 my neighbour 2 say I shld av bought drip N50 for her cos d lukozade boost is sweet. Dis is my 1st time of hearing such o. Is it done cos if not I need 2 caution her.
Cc nurse kaffy4bill, babythug, soonest n all Sabi mamas. Thank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
brownskingirl:

yeah.it has subside. for two days we no sleep for nite. was told to remove d wrap after 3days.we removed it in d morning. so phase two cry begin. at times I will cry. cause I won't know wat to do again.my MIL N FIL really tried for me. d three of us no dey sleep.

Pele dear...things mothers face ehnn...mine was D ring type..so it jst fall off itself,dnt know how D wrap thingy works..God will continue to give us strength to take care of our Los.good parents in law U av oh..alwaz appreciate dem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
LegitDiva:

Eyaaaa..oya come sip one spoon grin

Chai U r wicked small oh....I miss zobo cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
MumZ:
Sabi mamas pls o, can drip b taken orally, dat is by drinking it? My dd was running a bit of temp 2dy so I bought lukozade boost 4 her so she ll take b4 I give her paracetamol cos she refused 2 eat. Only 4 my neighbour 2 say I shld av bought drip N50 for her cos d lukozade boost is sweet. Dis is my 1st time of hearing such o. Is it done cos if not I need 2 caution her.

Drips are intravenous liquids. Produced to be "drank" directly by veins. Never heard of it being taken orally. Thank your neighbour and move on abeg. Do caution her anyway! If not that this our country sef get as e be drips shouldn't be randomly sold to individuals who may misuse out of ignorance

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
MumZ:
all Sabi mamas. Thank u.
I never heard of that o, besides self medication is VERY VERY bad esp on kids.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phattie(f): 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
They are not formulated for oral administration, they should not be consumed through the mouth as it will defeat its purpose,some of the salts will be lost through the anus, moreover it wont be palatable. They are unnecessary except when a doc administers it. Cheers
MumZ:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
MumZ:
'drips' as in IV fluids are to be taken intravenously and not orally. I guess your neighbour meant ORS. Some call it drip and also there's no IV fluid 'drip' dats sold for 50naira. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tanks mamas 4 d replies, well appreciated. Ehen @ soonest u may b right, myb she meant ors cos iv never heard of drip being drank. I ll bring it up again wit her some time just 2 b sure. Tanks much u all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:02am On Apr 28, 2016
I believe she meant ORT( oral rehydration therapy) some people call it "drip".
MumZ:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by investigator007: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2016
mumsgirl27:

Its no longer news these days that a lot of mothers have been looking for the best food to give to their babies, children and husbands. For their children they find any food just to satisfy the stomach not minding the quality. Some even opt for imported foods instead. Even with the imported foods,there is no improvement. Babies of 10months look like 6months,kids of 3years look like 1 year and some months.

Some cases are hereditary while some are due to poor diet.
Many children can be active yet looking so tiny compared to their
age-mates.

Do you want to solve that problem?

Then try our RIETT BREAKFAST CEREAL.

We have neatly blended together the following for your
family:
WHEAT
GROUNDNUT
MILLET
GUINEA CORN
FONIO
TIGER NUT
SPECIAL WHITE RICE
GINGER
& Other cereals very rich in iron.

A trial will convince you.

HOW TO PREPARE
1. Dissolve RIETT BREAKFAST CEREAL in cold water to form a thick paste

2. Pour little quantity of boiling water and stir briskly.

3. Send back to fire and let it boil for 60 secs or until desired thickness or cooking is achieved. (also stir while it boils)

4. Transfer cooked meal to a dish.

5. Add sugar and milk or any fruit puree to taste.

Your RIETT BREAKFAST CEREAL is ready to be served.

Serve HOT.

Pick up at: Bakery bus stop, Abesan Estate. Ipaja Lagos

Delivery also available.

RIETT breakfast cereal is flour made from whole grain cereals.

18 Health Benefits Of Whole Grains

1. Whole grains can contain a lot of fiber
2. They help digestion.
3. They can help lower cholesterol.
4. They lower blood pressure.
5. They can help control weight.
6. They redistribute fat.
7. They make you feel full.
8. They help regulate blood sugar.
9. Some grains deliver calcium.
10. Some grains offer vitamin C.
11. They are a good source of B vitamins.
12. They deliver essential minerals.
13. They may reduce asthma risk.
14. They cut markers of inflammation.
15. They may even lower cancer risk.
16. They may protect your teeth and gums.
17. They may help you live longer.
18. They contain resistant starch.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2016
MumZ:

Intravenous infusion are not to b taken by mouth, ur neighbour sound like she's talking abt ORS
Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by saxby(f): 10:29am On Apr 28, 2016
investigator007:

Its no longer news these days that a lot of mothers have been looking for the best food to give to their babies, children and husbands. For their children they find any food just to satisfy the stomach not minding the quality. Some even opt for imported foods instead. Even with the imported foods,there is no improvement. Babies of 10months look like 6months,kids of 3years look like 1 year and some months.

Some cases are hereditary while some are due to poor diet.
Many children can be active yet looking so tiny compared to their
age-mates.

Do you want to solve that problem?

Then try our RIETT BREAKFAST CEREAL.

We have neatly blended together the following for your
family:
WHEAT
GROUNDNUT
MILLET
GUINEA CORN
FONIO
TIGER NUT
SPECIAL WHITE RICE
GINGER
& Other cereals very rich in iron.

A trial will convince you.

HOW TO PREPARE
1. Dissolve RIETT BREAKFAST CEREAL in cold water to form a thick paste

2. Pour little quantity of boiling water and stir briskly.

3. Send back to fire and let it boil for 60 secs or until desired thickness or cooking is achieved. (also stir while it boils)

4. Transfer cooked meal to a dish.

5. Add sugar and milk or any fruit puree to taste.

Your RIETT BREAKFAST CEREAL is ready to be served.

Serve HOT.

Pick up at: Bakery bus stop, Abesan Estate. Ipaja Lagos

Delivery also available.

RIETT breakfast cereal is flour made from whole grain cereals.

18 Health Benefits Of Whole Grains

1. Whole grains can contain a lot of fiber
2. They help digestion.
3. They can help lower cholesterol.
4. They lower blood pressure.
5. They can help control weight.
6. They redistribute fat.
7. They make you feel full.
8. They help regulate blood sugar.
9. Some grains deliver calcium.
10. Some grains offer vitamin C.
11. They are a good source of B vitamins.
12. They deliver essential minerals.
13. They may reduce asthma risk.
14. They cut markers of inflammation.
15. They may even lower cancer risk.
16. They may protect your teeth and gums.
17. They may help you live longer.
18. They contain resistant starch.

Wow!! Nice product. I bought the small pack and I must confess that its really nice. The aroma too is inviting.

Find a way to educate people more on the nutritional value. And also try to spread it across to other localities so people get to be aware of it. If you do your marketing well you'll overtake custard and the likes.

My niece loves it even more than her food.

Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.